|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
(a) An author.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A guard.
(d) An antiques dealer.
2. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To see Charlotte.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
(d) To write his memoirs.
3. Who provided most of the incriminating evidence against Alfred Kirscher to the Stasi organization?
4. How do Charlotte and Alfred transport their clocks?
(a) A train.
(b) A van.
(c) A station wagon.
(d) A wagon.
5. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
2. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
3. What does Doug argue with John about in "Abdication"?
4. Charlotte's mother told him that as a man he needed to ____________.
5. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
2. How does Act 2 begin?
3. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
4. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
5. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
6. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
7. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
8. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
9. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
10. What is the disposition of Alfred's possessions as stated in his will?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)