|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charlotte take Alfred after he was released from prison?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The opera.
(c) The park.
(d) A nursing home.
2. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
(a) Gay bashers.
(c) Street gangs.
(d) Local kids.
3. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her new home.
(b) Her phonograph.
(c) Her record collection.
(d) Her antiques.
4. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
(c) To write his memoirs.
(d) To see Charlotte.
5. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
(a) An SS agent.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) A CIA agent.
(d) A Stasi spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does R'diger think Charlotte should lose her medal?
2. What instrument does Alfred want to play when he is released?
3. Who did Charlotte claim to be in order to visit Alfred in prison?
4. What is critical for Doug to believe in order to write Charlotte's story?
5. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
2. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
3. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
4. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
5. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
6. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
7. How does Act 2 begin?
8. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
9. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
10. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)