|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
(a) A trainee of Charlotte's at the museum.
(b) A Humboldt University student.
(c) A gay union organizer.
(d) A young transvestite.
2. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) They were lost in a fire.
(b) The Stasi impounded them.
(c) They were robbed from his home.
(d) Charlotte gave them away.
3. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
4. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
(a) Started to show its wear.
(b) Was not dated.
(c) Was irreparable.
(d) Would not sell.
5. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Letters from Alfred.
(c) Her business.
(d) Her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Charlotte first met Alfred?
2. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
3. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
4. Which of the following is not an affliction from which Alfred suffers?
5. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
3. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
4. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
5. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
6. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
7. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
8. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
9. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
10. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)