|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
(a) No woman would have me.
(b) I am my own wife.
(c) I was born to be alone.
(d) I'll make somebody a good wife someday.
2. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) Charlotte gave them away.
(b) They were robbed from his home.
(c) They were lost in a fire.
(d) The Stasi impounded them.
3. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
4. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) Charlotte's diaries.
(b) Interviews from family and friends.
(c) Charlotte's memories.
(d) News reports and files.
5. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
(a) A concert.
(b) A news broadcast.
(c) A parade.
(d) A riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
2. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
3. What name does Ziggy Fluss call Charlotte?
4. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
5. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
2. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
3. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
4. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
5. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
6. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
7. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
8. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
9. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
10. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)