|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
(a) A dog barking.
2. How long has Charlotte been a spy?
(a) Over a year.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) All her adult life.
(d) Six years.
3. Where do Charlotte and Alfred get the clocks they sell to American soldiers?
(a) She gets them at flea markets.
(b) People donate them to the museum.
(c) She buys them online.
(d) People give them to her as gifts.
4. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her Stasi files.
(b) Her political positions.
(c) Her religious beliefs.
(d) Her antique sources.
5. Who is Dieter Jorgensen?
(a) A minister.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A physician.
(d) A psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
2. Charlotte's mother told him that as a man he needed to ____________.
3. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
4. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
5. Why was Charlotte's museum vandalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
2. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
3. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
4. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
5. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
6. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
7. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
8. How does Act 2 begin?
9. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
10. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)