|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her phonograph.
(b) Her antiques.
(c) Her new home.
(d) Her record collection.
2. What does Doug argue with John about in "Abdication"?
(a) What he is going to write.
(b) Who will be in Charlotte's will.
(c) Who has rights to the story.
(d) Who is going to photograph Charlotte.
3. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) Alfred's transcripts.
(b) SS reports.
(c) Charlotte's stories.
(d) Neighbor's stories.
4. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
(a) Was irreparable.
(b) Started to show its wear.
(c) Would not sell.
(d) Was not dated.
5. What does Ziggy Fluss insinuate that Charlotte is trying to avoid by moving?
(a) Paying taxes.
(b) A tarnished reputation.
(c) A love affair gone bad.
(d) Prosecution for a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a form of autism in adults?
2. What does Charlotte mean when she says "Museum. Mobel. Manner"?
3. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
4. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
5. How long has Charlotte been a spy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
2. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
3. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
4. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
5. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
6. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
7. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
8. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
9. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
10. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)