|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her antique sources.
(b) Her Stasi files.
(c) Her political positions.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
2. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
3. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) News reports and files.
(b) Charlotte's memories.
(c) Interviews from family and friends.
(d) Charlotte's diaries.
4. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) Customs officials.
(b) Antiques dealers.
(c) School children.
(d) Police officers.
5. What is critical for Doug to believe in order to write Charlotte's story?
(a) Her antiques experience.
(b) Her medical file.
(c) Her informant behavior.
(d) Her survival as a homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dieter Jorgensen?
2. What is a form of autism in adults?
3. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
4. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
5. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
2. How does Act 2 begin?
3. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
4. What does John tell Doug about the inconsistencies in Charlotte's story?
5. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
6. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
7. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
8. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
9. What is the disposition of Alfred's possessions as stated in his will?
10. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)