|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound abruptly ends the sound of music playing as Act 2 begins?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) The slamming of a prison door.
(d) A dog barking.
2. What does Ziggy Fluss insinuate that Charlotte is trying to avoid by moving?
(a) A love affair gone bad.
(b) A tarnished reputation.
(c) Prosecution for a crime.
(d) Paying taxes.
3. Charlotte's mother had told her it was fine to ______________________.
(a) Open a museum.
(b) Study art.
(c) Dress like a woman.
(d) Live alone.
4. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
(a) An extended vacation.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A huge raise.
(d) An island home.
5. What does Doug argue with John about in "Abdication"?
(a) Who has rights to the story.
(b) Who is going to photograph Charlotte.
(c) Who will be in Charlotte's will.
(d) What he is going to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vandalism recently occurred at Charlotte's home?
2. How many Germans was an informant at the time?
3. Who is Ziggy Fluss?
4. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
5. Where do Charlotte and Alfred get the clocks they sell to American soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is BLANK in the scene called "Erasure?"
2. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
3. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
4. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
5. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
8. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
9. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
10. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)