|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
(c) A mansion.
(d) A passport.
2. Who is Josef R'diger?
(a) Charlotte's neighbor.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) A former political prisoner.
(d) The museum curator.
3. John tells Doug that Charlotte's story sounds like _____________________.
(a) Fuel for her enemies.
(b) A Cold War thriller.
(c) A pac of lies.
(d) A romance novel.
4. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
(a) Because she doesn't pay taxes.
(b) Because she is a transvestite.
(c) If anyone has suffered because of her cooperation with the Stasi.
(d) Because she is a lesbian.
5. Who had Charlotte informed on?
(a) A former lover.
(b) An antiques dealer.
(c) Her father.
(d) An SS soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlotte and Alfred both have a large collection of?
2. What vandalism recently occurred at Charlotte's home?
3. Why does R'diger think Charlotte should lose her medal?
4. Who is Ziggy Fluss?
5. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
2. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
3. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
4. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
5. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
6. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
7. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
8. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
9. What metaphor does Doug use when trying to decide what to write about Charlotte?
10. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)