|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
(a) A concert.
(b) A parade.
(c) A news broadcast.
(d) A riot.
2. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she dodged her taxes.
(b) If she informed on Alfred.
(c) If she informed on her neighbors.
(d) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
3. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
4. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her employment history.
(b) Her family history.
(c) Her financial records.
(d) References about someone she informed on.
5. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her Stasi files.
(b) Her political positions.
(c) Her antique sources.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an affliction from which Alfred suffers?
2. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
3. What does Alfred say he will do when he is released?
4. Why are Charlotte and Alfred's friends remaining silent during his incarceration?
5. Who delves into Charlotte's behavior in "Diagnosis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the disposition of Alfred's possessions as stated in his will?
2. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
3. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
4. What business proposition does Alfred have for Charlotte?
5. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
6. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
9. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
10. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)