|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her Stasi files.
(b) Her political positions.
(c) Her antique sources.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
2. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) Antiques dealers.
(b) Customs officials.
(c) Police officers.
(d) School children.
3. Charlotte's mother told him that as a man he needed to ____________.
(a) Have children.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Grow a beard.
4. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
2. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
3. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
4. What diagnosis does Dieter Jorgensen make about Charlotte?
5. What does Charlotte mean when she says "Museum. Mobel. Manner"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
2. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
3. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
4. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
5. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
6. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
7. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
8. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
9. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
10. How does Act 2 begin?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)