|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if Alfred were to be labeled mentally defective?
(a) They would be embarrassed.
(b) He would be put in an asylum.
(c) The arresting officers would be fired.
(d) He could not stand trial.
2. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
(a) I am my own wife.
(b) I was born to be alone.
(c) No woman would have me.
(d) I'll make somebody a good wife someday.
3. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
(a) The people are hostile toward gays.
(b) The healthcare is atrocious.
(c) It is becoming too violent.
(d) The taxes are too high.
4. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
(b) Mystery Man.
(c) Secret Lover.
5. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
(d) The veneer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
2. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
3. What is critical for Doug to believe in order to write Charlotte's story?
4. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
5. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
2. What does John tell Doug about the inconsistencies in Charlotte's story?
3. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
4. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
5. What is the situation in which Charlotte reveals how this play got its title?
6. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
7. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
8. How does Act 2 begin?
9. What diagnosis does a psychiatrist determine for Charlotte's condition?
10. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)