|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) Alfred will be moving to America.
(b) Alfred is on vacation.
(c) The clocks belong to the museum board.
(d) The clocks belong to Alfred.
2. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
(a) 12 years.
(b) 48 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. What is Dieter Jorgensen's decision about Charlotte?
(a) She should be hospitalized.
(b) She is posing.
(c) She is perfectly fine.
(d) She is mentally ill.
4. Where did Charlotte take Alfred after he was released from prison?
(a) The park.
(b) A hospital.
(c) The opera.
(d) A nursing home.
5. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To write his memoirs.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To see Charlotte.
(d) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Charlotte informed on?
2. What diagnosis does Dieter Jorgensen make about Charlotte?
3. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
4. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
5. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are John and Doug at odds about what to write regarding Charlotte's story?
2. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
3. How does Charlotte evade Ziggy's questions about moving in order to save her reputation?
4. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
5. What does John tell Doug about the inconsistencies in Charlotte's story?
6. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
7. Who does Alfred learn has a big interest in German clocks?
8. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
9. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
10. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)