|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
(a) She knows they want to try her in the media.
(b) She is not used to such ill treatment.
(c) She is innocent of all the charges.
(d) She knows her answers will implicate her.
2. What name does Ziggy Fluss call Charlotte?
(a) Miss In-Between.
(b) Miss Understanding.
(c) The Fag Hag.
(d) The Trannie Granny.
3. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
(c) A passport.
(d) A mansion.
4. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) Alfred's transcripts.
(b) Charlotte's stories.
(c) Neighbor's stories.
(d) SS reports.
5. Where do Charlotte and Alfred get the clocks they sell to American soldiers?
(a) She gets them at flea markets.
(b) People donate them to the museum.
(c) She buys them online.
(d) People give them to her as gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlotte and Alfred both have a large collection of?
2. What diagnosis does Dieter Jorgensen make about Charlotte?
3. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
4. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
5. Who is Josef R'diger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
2. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
3. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
4. How does Act 2 begin?
5. What does Doug share with the audience about how Charlotte died?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
9. What is the opinion of Josef R'diger regarding Charlotte's guilt as an informant?
10. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)