|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(b) Too extreme.
(c) Old news.
2. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
(a) Her wine cellar.
(b) Old vaudeville costumes.
(c) A replica of an old tavern.
(d) Jewish hiding places.
3. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) A cassette tape.
(c) Live music.
(d) An iPod.
4. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Report illegal activities.
(b) Report homosexual friends.
(c) Deny her gender preference.
(d) Spy on professors.
5. When was the museum tavern open?
(a) Friday and Saturday nights.
(d) Sunday afternoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
2. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
3. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
4. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
5. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
2. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
3. How does the play begin?
4. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
5. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
6. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
7. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
8. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
9. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
10. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)