|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
(c) Dishes and glassware.
(d) All the furniture.
2. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A lesbian.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A spy.
3. Who shut down the tavern?
(a) SS soldiers.
(b) Neighborhood Watch Association.
(c) The Communist government.
(d) City government.
4. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
(d) East Prussia.
5. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
(a) Aunt Lorene.
(b) Aunt Luise.
(c) Aunt Lulu.
(d) Aunt Loretta.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
2. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
3. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
4. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
5. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
2. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
3. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
4. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
5. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
6. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
7. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
8. How is Charlotte described?
9. What was the Mulack-Ritze?
10. How is Charlotte's gender questioned during the war in the scene entitled "Are You a Boy or a Girl"?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)