Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) Definitely a man's hands.
(b) The hands of a woodworker.
(c) A craftsman's hands.
(d) Delicate as a surgeon's.
2. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Art history.
(b) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(c) German history.
(d) Charlotte's interview tapes.
3. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(b) Too extreme.
(c) Old news.
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Spy on professors.
(b) Report illegal activities.
(c) Deny her gender preference.
(d) Report homosexual friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of this scene regarding Charlotte's aunt?
2. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
3. Who is Doug?
4. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
5. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Act 2 begin?
2. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. What news does Charlotte share on Ziggy's show?
5. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
6. Who is Ziggy Fluss and what name does he call Charlotte?
7. How does the author plant a seed of doubt in the reader's mind about whether or not Charlotte was an informant?
8. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
9. Why has Charlotte decided to move to Sweden?
10. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)