|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(b) Playing the violin.
(c) Dressing in women's clothes.
2. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) No make-up.
(c) White hair.
(d) Red dress.
3. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
4. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
(a) Charlotte's boyhood.
(b) French history.
(c) The industrial revolution.
(d) Austrian politics.
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Report homosexual friends.
(b) Deny her gender preference.
(c) Report illegal activities.
(d) Spy on professors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Doug?
2. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
3. The owner of the tavern wanted the gay clientele because they were well behaved and ____________________.
4. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
5. Who invented the phonograph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
2. What does the Stasi agent reveal about Charlotte's performance regarding informing on Alfred?
3. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
4. What does Charlotte do with all the letters Alfred wrote to her?
5. What are "The Three M's" in Charlotte's life?
6. What role did Charlotte assume in order to visit Alfred in prison?
7. What does Alfred tell Charlotte in a letter?
8. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
9. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
10. What are two opposing views regarding Charlotte's losing the Medal of Honor?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)