|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
(a) Martin Marks.
(b) Groucho Marks.
(c) John Marks.
(d) John Marker.
2. Who is Doug?
(a) An editor.
(b) A politician.
(c) A playwright.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For preserving German history.
(b) For diplomatic services.
(c) For philanthropic work.
(d) For art preservation work.
4. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(a) Lots of children.
5. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(a) Old news.
(c) Too extreme.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
2. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
3. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
4. How did Charlotte say she escaped from the Youth Prison?
5. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
2. What does Charlotte recall about playing records during World War II?
3. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
4. How is Charlotte's gender questioned during the war in the scene entitled "Are You a Boy or a Girl"?
5. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
6. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
7. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
8. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
9. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
10. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)