|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(b) German history.
(c) Art history.
(d) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
2. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(c) Lots of children.
3. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
(a) A stained glass window.
(b) A painting.
(c) A door.
(d) A diary.
4. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas newsman.
(b) A Texas lawyer.
(c) A Texas oilman.
(d) A Texas cattleman.
5. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
(a) Adam's Apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
2. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
3. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
4. What are the primary contents of the museum?
5. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte recall about playing records during World War II?
2. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
3. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
4. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
5. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
6. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
7. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
8. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
9. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
10. How is Charlotte spared being recruited into the SS army?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)