|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Doug?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An editor.
(c) A politician.
(d) A lawyer.
2. In what city does Charlotte live?
3. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
4. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
5. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
(a) His digital card is full.
(b) He doesn't want her to think he just wants to gawk at her.
(c) He forgot his camera.
(d) He is out of film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
2. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
3. When was the museum tavern open?
4. Who shut down the tavern?
5. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
2. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
3. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
4. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
5. How is Charlotte described?
6. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
7. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
8. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
9. How is Charlotte spared being recruited into the SS army?
10. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)