|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
2. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
(a) To preserve a piece of history.
(b) To provide a stage for performers.
(c) To rebel against conventional society.
(d) To give homosexuals a place to gather.
3. What is Mulack-Ritze?
(a) A port city.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A book.
4. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
(a) His wife.
(b) SS officers.
(c) His children.
5. The owner of the tavern wanted the gay clientele because they were well behaved and ____________________.
(a) Very polite.
(b) Had money.
(d) Good tippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
2. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
3. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
4. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
5. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Mulack-Ritze?
2. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
3. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
4. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
5. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
6. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
7. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
8. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
9. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
10. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)