|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) John Glenn.
2. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
(a) A whip.
(b) The snakes.
(c) A razor.
(d) A tack.
3. What are the primary contents of the museum?
4. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
5. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A cassette tape.
(d) Live music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
2. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
3. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
4. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
5. Who is Doug?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
3. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
4. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
5. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
6. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
7. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
8. How is Charlotte spared being recruited into the SS army?
9. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
10. Who is Doug and what lengths has he gone to to interview Charlotte?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)