|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(b) The search for love.
(c) The power to overcome obstacles.
(d) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
2. What nationality is Charlotte?
3. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The Stasi.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) The FBI.
4. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
(a) Aunt Lulu.
(b) Aunt Loretta.
(c) Aunt Luise.
(d) Aunt Lorene.
5. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(a) January, 2003.
(c) January, 1983.
(d) January, 1973.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
2. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
3. Who confronts Charlotte in an air raid shelter during the war?
4. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
5. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
2. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
3. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
4. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
5. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
6. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
7. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
8. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
9. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
10. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)