|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
2. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
(a) A swastika.
(b) A uniform.
(c) A gun.
3. In what city does Charlotte live?
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. When was the museum tavern open?
(b) Sunday afternoons.
(d) Friday and Saturday nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. The owner of the tavern wanted the gay clientele because they were well behaved and ____________________.
2. Who is John Marks?
3. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
4. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
5. What is Charlotte's given name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
2. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
3. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
4. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
5. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
6. How does the play begin?
7. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
8. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
9. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
10. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)