|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(a) Playing the violin.
(d) Dressing in women's clothes.
2. What is the name of the animal on the poster?
3. When was the museum tavern open?
(b) Sunday afternoons.
(d) Friday and Saturday nights.
4. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
5. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
(a) The gay lifestyle.
(c) The euro.
(d) The Third Reich.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what topic does Doug want to write a play?
2. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
3. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
4. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
5. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
2. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
3. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
4. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
5. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
6. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
7. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
8. How does the play begin?
9. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
10. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)