|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The owner of the tavern wanted the gay clientele because they were well behaved and ____________________.
(a) Good tippers.
(b) Very polite.
(d) Had money.
2. What would happen to Charlotte if she broke her oath?
(a) She would be executed.
(b) She would be deported.
(c) She would be imprisoned.
(d) She would be prosecuted.
3. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas newsman.
(b) A Texas lawyer.
(c) A Texas cattleman.
(d) A Texas oilman.
4. How did Charlotte say she escaped from the Youth Prison?
(a) By tunnelling out in the winter.
(b) When the Russians bombed and the walls fell down.
(c) During a fire drill.
(d) By offering a guard cigarettes.
5. What is Mulack-Ritze?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A book.
(c) A port city.
(d) A tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
2. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
3. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
4. Who is Minna Mahlich?
5. What is Charlotte's given name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
2. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
5. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
6. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
7. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
8. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
9. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
10. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)