|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) Live music.
(c) An iPod.
(d) A cassette tape.
2. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique records.
(b) Rare books.
(c) Antique dishes.
(d) Flower seeds.
3. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) John Glenn.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Albert Einstein.
4. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For preserving German history.
(b) For art preservation work.
(c) For philanthropic work.
(d) For diplomatic services.
5. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The search for love.
(b) The power to overcome obstacles.
(c) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(d) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
2. What is Charlotte's given name?
3. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
4. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
5. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
2. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
3. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
4. How does the play begin?
5. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
6. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
7. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
8. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
9. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
10. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)