|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what publication does John Marks write?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) U.S. News & World Report.
(d) The New York Times.
2. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A museum.
(c) A winery.
(d) A gallery.
3. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(c) Too extreme.
(d) Old news.
4. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
(a) Collection of antique dolls.
(b) Gourmet cooking skills.
(c) Mastery of six languages.
(d) Survival as a transvestite during the Third Reich.
5. What is Mulack-Ritze?
(a) A book.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A port city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
2. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
3. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
4. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
5. What item does Charlotte place in the center of a table?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
2. Who is Doug and what lengths has he gone to to interview Charlotte?
3. What does Charlotte recall about playing records during World War II?
4. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
5. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
6. How does the play begin?
7. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
8. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
9. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
10. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)