|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(b) He wants a newer model.
(c) He no longer needs a car.
(d) He is out of grant money.
2. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
3. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(b) No make-up.
(c) White hair.
(d) Red dress.
4. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
(a) His unlawful arrest.
(b) The economy.
(c) Not being able to understand German.
(d) SS soldiers.
5. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
(a) Charlotte's house.
(b) John's floor.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
2. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
3. What is Mulack-Ritze?
4. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
5. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
2. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
3. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
4. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
5. How does the play begin?
6. Who is Doug and what lengths has he gone to to interview Charlotte?
7. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
8. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
9. How is Charlotte described?
10. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)