|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Doug?
(a) An editor.
(b) A playwright.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A politician.
2. What is Mulack-Ritze?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A book.
(c) A port city.
(d) A bridge.
3. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(d) SS officers.
4. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
(a) Mother's coat.
(b) Fake glasses.
(c) Girl's shoes.
(d) Long blonde hair.
5. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
2. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
3. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
4. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
5. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
2. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
3. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
4. How does the play begin?
5. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
6. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
7. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
8. How is Charlotte's gender questioned during the war in the scene entitled "Are You a Boy or a Girl"?
9. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
10. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)