|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Rolling pin.
(d) Butcher knife.
2. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(b) Lots of children.
3. What item does Charlotte place in the center of a table?
(a) A music box.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A snowglobe.
(d) A velvet jewelry box.
4. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
(a) Gourmet cooking skills.
(b) Mastery of six languages.
(c) Collection of antique dolls.
(d) Survival as a transvestite during the Third Reich.
5. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
(a) Stiletto heels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
2. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
3. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
4. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
5. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
2. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
3. How is Charlotte described?
4. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
5. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
6. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
7. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
8. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
9. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
10. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)