|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
(a) All the furniture.
(b) Dishes and glassware.
2. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Report illegal activities.
(b) Deny her gender preference.
(c) Spy on professors.
(d) Report homosexual friends.
3. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
4. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The Vatican.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Stasi.
5. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
(a) The period in Germany from 1890 to 1900.
(b) A German sports car.
(c) A blessing when someone sneezes.
(d) A German noodle dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
2. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
3. What is Mulack-Ritze?
4. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
5. Who is Minna Mahlich?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charlotte recreate the tavern after the fall of The Berlin Wall?
2. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
3. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
4. What question does the German news anchor pose in the scene called "The Cross?"
5. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
6. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
7. How successful is Alfred and Charlotte's clock business?
8. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
9. How does Charlotte inform on Alfred regarding the black market clocks?
10. What does Charlotte tell Doug about Alfred and her Stasi files?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)