|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By turning off the phonograph.
(b) By asking for a donation.
(c) By opening the double doors.
(d) By turning off the lights.
2. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A spy.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A lesbian.
3. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He is out of grant money.
(b) He wants a newer model.
(c) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(d) He no longer needs a car.
4. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) John Glenn.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Thomas Edison.
5. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
(a) Gay culture.
(b) The music industry.
(c) Personal ads.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
2. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
3. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
4. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
5. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
2. What was the Mulack-Ritze?
3. How does the play begin?
4. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
5. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
6. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
7. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
8. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
9. How is Charlotte's gender questioned during the war in the scene entitled "Are You a Boy or a Girl"?
10. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)