|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
(a) Survival as a transvestite during the Third Reich.
(b) Gourmet cooking skills.
(c) Collection of antique dolls.
(d) Mastery of six languages.
2. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) Delicate as a surgeon's.
(b) The hands of a woodworker.
(c) A craftsman's hands.
(d) Definitely a man's hands.
3. What item does Charlotte place in the center of a table?
(a) A music box.
(b) A snowglobe.
(c) A velvet jewelry box.
(d) An iPod.
4. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
5. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
2. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
3. What is the name of the animal on the poster?
4. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
5. Who is Doug?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Charlotte described?
2. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
3. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
4. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
5. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
6. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
7. How does Charlotte come to kill her father?
8. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
9. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
10. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)