|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A lesbian.
(c) A spy.
(d) A Communist.
2. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
(a) An industrialist.
(b) A priest.
(c) A Nazi.
(d) A criminal.
3. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A museum.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A winery.
4. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
5. When was the museum tavern open?
(a) Friday and Saturday nights.
(d) Sunday afternoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
2. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
3. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
4. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
5. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
2. Who is Doug and what lengths has he gone to to interview Charlotte?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
5. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
6. How is Charlotte described?
7. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
8. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
9. What does Charlotte recall about playing records during World War II?
10. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)