|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(a) January, 2003.
(c) January, 1973.
(d) January, 1983.
2. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
(a) A hostel.
(b) John's floor.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) Charlotte's house.
3. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He no longer needs a car.
(b) He is out of grant money.
(c) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(d) He wants a newer model.
4. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(b) Old news.
(d) Too extreme.
5. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(c) Butcher knife.
(d) Rolling pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
2. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
3. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
4. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
5. What is Charlotte's given name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
2. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
3. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
4. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
5. What was the Mulack-Ritze?
6. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
7. Who is Doug and what lengths has he gone to to interview Charlotte?
8. How is Charlotte spared being recruited into the SS army?
9. How is Charlotte described?
10. How is Charlotte's gender questioned during the war in the scene entitled "Are You a Boy or a Girl"?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)