|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
(a) A Nazi.
(b) A criminal.
(c) An industrialist.
(d) A priest.
2. What nationality is Charlotte?
3. What would happen to Charlotte if she broke her oath?
(a) She would be deported.
(b) She would be prosecuted.
(c) She would be imprisoned.
(d) She would be executed.
4. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(c) Lots of children.
5. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what topic does Doug want to write a play?
2. What is Charlotte's given name?
3. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
4. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
5. What are the primary contents of the museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlotte's punishment for killing her father?
2. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
3. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
4. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
5. How does Charlotte explain the museum in "Das Gr'nderzeit Museum?"
6. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
7. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
8. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
9. How does Charlotte escape the Youth Prison?
10. How does Doug gain Charlotte's approval to write her story?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)