|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Male to female substances in each person.
(b) Terminal illnesses.
(c) Capitalism and religion.
(d) Good and evil in the universe.
2. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
3. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(b) The search for love.
(c) The power to overcome obstacles.
(d) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
4. Which of the following miniature pieces does Charlotte not remove from the jewelry box?
(c) Cherry pitter.
5. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
(a) A Nazi.
(b) A priest.
(c) A criminal.
(d) An industrialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
2. Who is Minna Mahlich?
3. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
4. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
5. What is Mulack-Ritze?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
2. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
3. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
4. How does Charlotte compare herself to the miniature furniture which is broken or flawed in some way?
5. What does Charlotte tell Doug about her childhood?
6. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
7. What does Charlotte recall about her first meeting with Alfred?
8. How is Charlotte's gender questioned during the war in the scene entitled "Are You a Boy or a Girl"?
9. How did Tante Luise scare Charlotte's father into leaving his family alone while at her home?
10. How is Charlotte spared being recruited into the SS army?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)