|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Charlotte?
(a) She is a lesbian.
(b) She is bisexual.
(c) She is bilingual.
(d) She is a transvestite.
2. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A winery.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A museum.
3. Who is Doug?
(a) A playwright.
(b) A politician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An editor.
4. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(b) Charlene van Moore.
(c) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
(d) Charlene von Mufflin.
5. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 13 weeks.
(d) 13 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
2. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
3. Which of the following miniature pieces does Charlotte not remove from the jewelry box?
4. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
5. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John Marks and what is his relevance to the story?
2. What role does the book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, play in Charlotte's life?
3. What is the scene entitled "Translating Tante Luise" about?
4. How is Charlotte described and what is the thing that distinguishes her as a man?
5. How does John approach Doug with Charlotte's story?
6. What is contained in the velvet jewelry box Charlotte places on a table?
7. What circumstances cause Charlotte to return to her father's home?
8. What does Charlotte discover about dressing in women's clothing and how does Tante Luise react?
9. How does Doug come to meet Charlotte?
10. Why is John hesitant to interview Charlotte himself?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)