|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
(c) A dog barking.
2. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
(a) A young transvestite.
(b) A trainee of Charlotte's at the museum.
(c) A gay union organizer.
(d) A Humboldt University student.
3. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Antiquities Association.
(c) Customs officials.
(d) The CIA.
4. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) Antiques dealers.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Customs officials.
(d) School children.
5. What is a form of autism in adults?
6. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
(b) A passport.
(d) A mansion.
7. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) Charlotte's memories.
(b) News reports and files.
(c) Interviews from family and friends.
(d) Charlotte's diaries.
8. What does a Stasi agent accuse Alfred of?
(a) Hiding Jews.
(b) Smuggling gold.
(c) Engaging in illegal activities.
9. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her new home.
(b) Her phonograph.
(c) Her antiques.
(d) Her record collection.
10. Who is Josef R'diger?
(a) The museum curator.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) A former political prisoner.
(d) Charlotte's neighbor.
11. What sound abruptly ends the sound of music playing as Act 2 begins?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) A dog barking.
(d) The slamming of a prison door.
12. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
(a) The taxes are too high.
(b) The people are hostile toward gays.
(c) The healthcare is atrocious.
(d) It is becoming too violent.
13. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
14. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
(a) No woman would have me.
(b) I'll make somebody a good wife someday.
(c) I was born to be alone.
(d) I am my own wife.
15. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To see Charlotte.
(b) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To write his memoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
2. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
3. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
4. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
5. What is Dieter Jorgensen's decision about Charlotte?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)