|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Her family.
(c) Gay bashers.
(d) Religious groups.
2. Who is Dieter Jorgensen?
(a) A physician.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A minister.
(d) A psychiatrist.
3. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
(a) Started to show its wear.
(b) Was not dated.
(c) Would not sell.
(d) Was irreparable.
4. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
(a) Local kids.
(b) Street gangs.
(d) Gay bashers.
5. What diagnosis does Dieter Jorgensen make about Charlotte?
(c) Grandiose Delusions.
(d) Bipolar Disease.
6. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) A will.
(b) An investment portfolio statement.
(c) An insurance policy.
(d) A resume.
7. What vandalism recently occurred at Charlotte's home?
(a) Someone set a fire in the garage.
(b) Someone threw a rock through her window.
(c) Someone painted obscenities on her house.
(d) Someone ripped out her shrubs and flowers.
8. Who provided most of the incriminating evidence against Alfred Kirscher to the Stasi organization?
9. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
10. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
(a) Her storytelling.
(b) Her tics.
(c) Her sleeping too much.
(d) Her manic behavior.
11. Charlotte's mother told him that as a man he needed to ____________.
(a) Get a job.
(c) Have children.
(d) Grow a beard.
12. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) Neighbor's stories.
(b) Alfred's transcripts.
(c) Charlotte's stories.
(d) SS reports.
13. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) They were robbed from his home.
(b) They were lost in a fire.
(c) The Stasi impounded them.
(d) Charlotte gave them away.
14. How many Germans was an informant at the time?
(a) One fourth.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) 1 in 5.
15. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
(a) Because she is a lesbian.
(b) Because she doesn't pay taxes.
(c) Because she is a transvestite.
(d) If anyone has suffered because of her cooperation with the Stasi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
2. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
3. Who is Josef R'diger?
4. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
5. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)