|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) An investment portfolio statement.
(b) A resume.
(c) A will.
(d) An insurance policy.
2. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
(a) Because she doesn't pay taxes.
(b) Because she is a lesbian.
(c) If anyone has suffered because of her cooperation with the Stasi.
(d) Because she is a transvestite.
3. Who accosts Charlotte as she leaves the TV studio?
(a) Street gang members.
(b) SS agents.
(c) Gay bashers.
4. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
5. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her business.
(d) Letters from Alfred.
6. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her record collection.
(b) Her antiques.
(c) Her new home.
(d) Her phonograph.
7. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
(a) An antiques dealer.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A guard.
(d) An author.
8. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
(a) An island home.
(b) An extended vacation.
(c) A huge raise.
(d) A promotion.
9. How long has Charlotte been a spy?
(a) All her adult life.
(b) Six years.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Twenty years.
10. How do Charlotte and Alfred transport their clocks?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A van.
(d) A train.
11. How many Germans was an informant at the time?
(a) 1 in 5.
(c) 1 in 3.
(d) One fourth.
12. What instrument does Alfred want to play when he is released?
(a) The violin.
(b) The cello.
(c) The piano.
(d) The flute.
13. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
(a) Started to show its wear.
(b) Was irreparable.
(c) Would not sell.
(d) Was not dated.
14. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
(a) A greeting card.
(b) A playing card.
(c) A matchbook.
(d) A menu.
15. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her financial records.
(b) Her family history.
(c) Her employment history.
(d) References about someone she informed on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
2. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
3. What is critical for Doug to believe in order to write Charlotte's story?
4. What would happen if Alfred were to be labeled mentally defective?
5. Doug tells John that they shouldn't rely on __________________.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)