|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doug argue with John about in "Abdication"?
(a) Who has rights to the story.
(b) Who will be in Charlotte's will.
(c) Who is going to photograph Charlotte.
(d) What he is going to write.
2. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
(d) The veneer.
3. Charlotte's mother had told her it was fine to ______________________.
(a) Dress like a woman.
(b) Study art.
(c) Live alone.
(d) Open a museum.
4. What do Charlotte and Alfred both have a large collection of?
5. Where had Charlotte first met Alfred?
(a) An antiques shop.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The tavern.
6. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
(b) His nephew.
(c) His brother.
(d) The church.
7. According to Charlotte, all Alfred had left were _______________.
(a) Phonograph records.
(b) Scraps of paper.
(d) A few euros.
8. Who is Ziggy Fluss?
(a) A talk show host.
(b) A puppeteer.
(c) A celebrity transvestite.
(d) A comedian.
9. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
(a) A conservative politician.
(b) An SS policeman.
(c) Charlotte's banker.
(d) Charlotte's brother-in-law.
10. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
(a) Agents had quotas and supervisors.
(b) Too many people had access to them.
(c) Spies infiltrated the document room.
(d) Translations were not reliable.
11. How many Germans was an informant at the time?
(a) 1 in 3.
(b) 1 in 5.
(d) One fourth.
12. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
(a) Her storytelling.
(b) Her sleeping too much.
(c) Her tics.
(d) Her manic behavior.
13. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
(a) Secret Lover.
(c) Mystery Man.
14. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
(a) To put themselves in the best light.
(b) To build a case against a suspect.
(c) To provide evidence for trials.
(d) To but the blame on someone else.
15. Which of the following does not describe German clocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Doug tells John that they shouldn't rely on __________________.
2. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
3. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
4. What name does Ziggy Fluss call Charlotte?
5. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)