|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
(a) Charlotte's banker.
(b) An SS policeman.
(c) Charlotte's brother-in-law.
(d) A conservative politician.
2. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
(a) Her manic behavior.
(b) Her sleeping too much.
(c) Her tics.
(d) Her storytelling.
3. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
(a) The parole board.
(b) His wife.
(d) His mother.
4. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she informed on her neighbors.
(b) If she informed on Alfred.
(c) If she dodged her taxes.
(d) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
5. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
(a) 48 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 6 months.
6. Why are Charlotte and Alfred's friends remaining silent during his incarceration?
(a) They are all on holiday.
(b) They have also been arrested.
(c) They do not know where Alfred is.
(d) They are afraid of being found guilty by association.
7. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
8. What sound abruptly ends the sound of music playing as Act 2 begins?
(a) The slamming of a prison door.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A gun shot.
9. What question does reporter Brigitte Klensch ask Charlotte?
(a) If she was ever married.
(b) If she plans to move.
(c) If she killed her father.
(d) If she is guilty of tax evasion.
10. What does Alfred wear?
(b) False teeth.
(c) A toupee.
(d) A mask.
11. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
(a) Gay bashers.
(c) Street gangs.
(d) Local kids.
12. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
(a) Because she doesn't pay taxes.
(b) Because she is a lesbian.
(c) If anyone has suffered because of her cooperation with the Stasi.
(d) Because she is a transvestite.
13. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her employment history.
(c) References about someone she informed on.
(d) Her financial records.
14. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) The clocks belong to Alfred.
(b) Alfred is on vacation.
(c) The clocks belong to the museum board.
(d) Alfred will be moving to America.
15. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
(a) Charlotte is getting old.
(b) Charlotte is very influential.
(c) The government should not reverse an honor.
(d) Finger pointing will lead to disunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is asked in the news broadcast?
2. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
3. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
4. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
5. Who is Dieter Jorgensen?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)