|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
(a) Gay bashers.
(c) Street gangs.
(d) Local kids.
2. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) They were robbed from his home.
(b) The Stasi impounded them.
(c) They were lost in a fire.
(d) Charlotte gave them away.
3. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) News reports and files.
(b) Charlotte's diaries.
(c) Charlotte's memories.
(d) Interviews from family and friends.
4. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) Alfred will be moving to America.
(b) The clocks belong to Alfred.
(c) Alfred is on vacation.
(d) The clocks belong to the museum board.
5. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) School children.
(b) Customs officials.
(c) Antiques dealers.
(d) Police officers.
6. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) A watch.
(b) A postage stamp.
(c) An old bill.
(d) A photo.
7. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her antiques.
(b) Her new home.
(c) Her record collection.
(d) Her phonograph.
8. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
(a) A matchbook.
(b) A menu.
(c) A greeting card.
(d) A playing card.
9. What is a form of autism in adults?
10. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
(a) To but the blame on someone else.
(b) To build a case against a suspect.
(c) To provide evidence for trials.
(d) To put themselves in the best light.
11. What vandalism recently occurred at Charlotte's home?
(a) Someone set a fire in the garage.
(b) Someone ripped out her shrubs and flowers.
(c) Someone painted obscenities on her house.
(d) Someone threw a rock through her window.
12. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
(a) The church.
(b) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
13. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Gay bashers.
(d) Her family.
14. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
15. What would happen if Alfred were to be labeled mentally defective?
(a) He could not stand trial.
(b) The arresting officers would be fired.
(c) He would be put in an asylum.
(d) They would be embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug argue with John about in "Abdication"?
2. Which of the following does not describe German clocks?
3. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
4. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
5. What question does reporter Brigitte Klensch ask Charlotte?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)