|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfred asks Charlotte if he can sell clocks ____________________.
(a) In her yard sale.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) From her basement.
(d) In the museum.
2. What sound abruptly ends the sound of music playing as Act 2 begins?
(a) A dog barking.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) The slamming of a prison door.
3. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
(a) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) The parole board.
4. Who is Dieter Jorgensen?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A minister.
(c) A physician.
(d) A psychiatrist.
5. Who delves into Charlotte's behavior in "Diagnosis"?
(a) Her mother.
(d) A pyschiatrist.
6. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
(c) A dog barking.
7. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her employment history.
(b) Her financial records.
(c) References about someone she informed on.
(d) Her family history.
8. What does Alfred say he will do when he is released?
(a) Play a waltz.
(b) Run a marathon.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Become a lawyer.
9. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
(a) It is becoming too violent.
(b) The healthcare is atrocious.
(c) The people are hostile toward gays.
(d) The taxes are too high.
10. Who accosts Charlotte as she leaves the TV studio?
(a) Street gang members.
(b) Gay bashers.
(d) SS agents.
11. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her religious beliefs.
(b) Her Stasi files.
(c) Her antique sources.
(d) Her political positions.
12. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) They were robbed from his home.
(b) They were lost in a fire.
(c) The Stasi impounded them.
(d) Charlotte gave them away.
13. Where did Charlotte take Alfred after he was released from prison?
(a) The park.
(b) A hospital.
(c) The opera.
(d) A nursing home.
14. What question does reporter Brigitte Klensch ask Charlotte?
(a) If she killed her father.
(b) If she was ever married.
(c) If she plans to move.
(d) If she is guilty of tax evasion.
15. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) SS reports.
(b) Alfred's transcripts.
(c) Charlotte's stories.
(d) Neighbor's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
2. Why were the Stasi concerned when they found out Alfred was a homosexual?
3. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
4. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
5. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)