|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Charlotte first met Alfred?
(a) An antiques shop.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The tavern.
2. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
(a) It is becoming too violent.
(b) The people are hostile toward gays.
(c) The taxes are too high.
(d) The healthcare is atrocious.
3. Who did Charlotte claim to be in order to visit Alfred in prison?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
(b) A dog barking.
5. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her Stasi files.
(b) Her antique sources.
(c) Her political positions.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
6. According to John, Charlotte's story ___________________.
(a) Is amazing.
(b) Is the makings of a bestseller.
(c) Is not true.
(d) Is too sad to print.
7. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
(c) The veneer.
8. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A passport.
9. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
(a) Agents had quotas and supervisors.
(b) Translations were not reliable.
(c) Too many people had access to them.
(d) Spies infiltrated the document room.
10. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
11. Who accosts Charlotte as she leaves the TV studio?
(a) Street gang members.
(b) SS agents.
(d) Gay bashers.
12. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
(a) The church.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
13. According to Charlotte, all Alfred had left were _______________.
(b) Scraps of paper.
(c) Phonograph records.
(d) A few euros.
14. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) An insurance policy.
(b) An investment portfolio statement.
(c) A resume.
(d) A will.
15. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
(a) The weather.
(b) The sweater she made for Alfred.
(c) The national election.
(d) A dinner party she is hosting.
Short Answer Questions
1. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
2. Why was Charlotte's museum vandalized?
3. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
4. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
5. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)