|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Stasi agent accuse Alfred of?
(b) Smuggling gold.
(c) Engaging in illegal activities.
(d) Hiding Jews.
2. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
(a) To provide evidence for trials.
(b) To but the blame on someone else.
(c) To build a case against a suspect.
(d) To put themselves in the best light.
3. Who is Ziggy Fluss?
(a) A talk show host.
(b) A puppeteer.
(c) A comedian.
(d) A celebrity transvestite.
4. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
(a) A guard.
(b) An antiques dealer.
(c) An author.
(d) A prisoner.
5. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
6. Where do Charlotte and Alfred get the clocks they sell to American soldiers?
(a) People give them to her as gifts.
(b) People donate them to the museum.
(c) She gets them at flea markets.
(d) She buys them online.
7. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her Stasi files.
(b) Her political positions.
(c) Her antique sources.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
8. What question is asked in the news broadcast?
(a) If Charlotte should be forced to testify.
(b) If Charlotte should be forced to move from her home.
(c) If Charlotte should be forced to give up her Medal of Honor.
(d) If Charlotte should be forced to give up the museum.
9. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
(a) A conservative politician.
(b) Charlotte's banker.
(c) An SS policeman.
(d) Charlotte's brother-in-law.
10. Why were the Stasi concerned when they found out Alfred was a homosexual?
(a) He might have abused young boys.
(b) He might have influenced young boys.
(c) He might be labeled mentally defective.
(d) He might have infected others with the AIDS virus.
11. Who had Charlotte informed on?
(a) A former lover.
(b) An antiques dealer.
(c) Her father.
(d) An SS soldier.
12. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) The parole board.
13. Why was Charlotte's museum vandalized?
(a) Because the admission was too high.
(b) Because she was a spy.
(c) Because she was a homosexual.
(d) Because it was prejudiced against gays.
14. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
(a) The veneer.
15. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
(a) No woman would have me.
(b) I was born to be alone.
(c) I'll make somebody a good wife someday.
(d) I am my own wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
2. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
3. Who did Charlotte claim to be in order to visit Alfred in prison?
4. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
5. What do Charlotte and Alfred both have a large collection of?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)