|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) Charlotte's memories.
(b) Interviews from family and friends.
(c) Charlotte's diaries.
(d) News reports and files.
2. Alfred asks Charlotte if he can sell clocks ____________________.
(a) In the museum.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) From her basement.
(d) In her yard sale.
3. What does Charlotte mean when she says "Museum. Mobel. Manner"?
(a) Museum. Furniture. Men.
(b) Museum. Antiques. Men.
(c) Museum. Records. Courtesy.
(d) Museum. War. Courtesy.
4. Who did Charlotte claim to be in order to visit Alfred in prison?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
5. What vandalism recently occurred at Charlotte's home?
(a) Someone set a fire in the garage.
(b) Someone ripped out her shrubs and flowers.
(c) Someone painted obscenities on her house.
(d) Someone threw a rock through her window.
6. What instrument does Alfred want to play when he is released?
(a) The cello.
(b) The piano.
(c) The flute.
(d) The violin.
7. What is a form of autism in adults?
8. Who is Josef R'diger?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) The museum curator.
(c) A former political prisoner.
(d) Charlotte's neighbor.
9. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) A resume.
(b) An insurance policy.
(c) An investment portfolio statement.
(d) A will.
10. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) Alfred will be moving to America.
(b) The clocks belong to Alfred.
(c) The clocks belong to the museum board.
(d) Alfred is on vacation.
11. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
(a) An SS agent.
(b) A Stasi spy.
(c) A CIA agent.
(d) An FBI agent.
13. What does Ziggy Fluss insinuate that Charlotte is trying to avoid by moving?
(a) A tarnished reputation.
(b) A love affair gone bad.
(c) Prosecution for a crime.
(d) Paying taxes.
14. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
(b) The parole board.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
15. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she informed on her neighbors.
(b) If she dodged her taxes.
(c) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
(d) If she informed on Alfred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
2. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
3. What would happen if Alfred were to be labeled mentally defective?
4. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
5. What is Dieter Jorgensen's decision about Charlotte?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)