|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Charlotte and Alfred get the clocks they sell to American soldiers?
(a) She buys them online.
(b) She gets them at flea markets.
(c) People give them to her as gifts.
(d) People donate them to the museum.
2. What diagnosis does Dieter Jorgensen make about Charlotte?
(a) Grandiose Delusions.
(b) Bipolar Disease.
3. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To see Charlotte.
(c) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
(d) To write his memoirs.
4. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
(a) A news broadcast.
(b) A riot.
(c) A parade.
(d) A concert.
5. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
(a) A Stasi spy.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) An SS agent.
(d) A CIA agent.
6. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) A will.
(b) A resume.
(c) An insurance policy.
(d) An investment portfolio statement.
7. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) A watch.
(b) A photo.
(c) An old bill.
(d) A postage stamp.
8. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
9. According to Charlotte, all Alfred had left were _______________.
(b) Phonograph records.
(c) Scraps of paper.
(d) A few euros.
10. What does a Stasi agent accuse Alfred of?
(a) Hiding Jews.
(c) Smuggling gold.
(d) Engaging in illegal activities.
11. John tells Doug that Charlotte's story sounds like _____________________.
(a) Fuel for her enemies.
(b) A pac of lies.
(c) A Cold War thriller.
(d) A romance novel.
12. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
(a) To put themselves in the best light.
(b) To provide evidence for trials.
(c) To but the blame on someone else.
(d) To build a case against a suspect.
13. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her record collection.
(b) Her antiques.
(c) Her new home.
(d) Her phonograph.
15. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) They were robbed from his home.
(b) They were lost in a fire.
(c) Charlotte gave them away.
(d) The Stasi impounded them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provided most of the incriminating evidence against Alfred Kirscher to the Stasi organization?
2. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
3. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
4. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
5. Doug recalls an interview in which he asked Charlotte what she did when an antique _________________________.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)