|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her financial records.
(b) References about someone she informed on.
(c) Her employment history.
(d) Her family history.
2. What item does Alfred collect that Charlotte does not?
3. Doug tells John that they shouldn't rely on __________________.
(a) A Stasi file.
(b) Each other.
(c) Their friends.
(d) Idle gossip.
4. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Antiques dealers.
(c) School children.
(d) Customs officials.
5. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
(a) A promotion.
(b) A huge raise.
(c) An island home.
(d) An extended vacation.
6. What does Alfred wear?
(a) A mask.
(b) False teeth.
(c) A toupee.
7. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
(a) To build a case against a suspect.
(b) To put themselves in the best light.
(c) To but the blame on someone else.
(d) To provide evidence for trials.
8. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
(b) The parole board.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
9. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) Charlotte gave them away.
(b) They were lost in a fire.
(c) The Stasi impounded them.
(d) They were robbed from his home.
10. Alfred asks Charlotte if he can sell clocks ____________________.
(a) On the weekends.
(b) In her yard sale.
(c) In the museum.
(d) From her basement.
11. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
(a) The weather.
(b) A dinner party she is hosting.
(c) The sweater she made for Alfred.
(d) The national election.
12. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
(b) If she dodged her taxes.
(c) If she informed on her neighbors.
(d) If she informed on Alfred.
13. Why was Charlotte's museum vandalized?
(a) Because she was a spy.
(b) Because it was prejudiced against gays.
(c) Because the admission was too high.
(d) Because she was a homosexual.
14. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
15. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) A postage stamp.
(b) A photo.
(c) An old bill.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
2. John tells Doug that Charlotte's story sounds like _____________________.
3. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
4. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
5. Who is Alfred Kirschner?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)