|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doug argue with John about in "Abdication"?
(a) Who will be in Charlotte's will.
(b) What he is going to write.
(c) Who is going to photograph Charlotte.
(d) Who has rights to the story.
2. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
(a) To but the blame on someone else.
(b) To put themselves in the best light.
(c) To provide evidence for trials.
(d) To build a case against a suspect.
3. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
(a) She is innocent of all the charges.
(b) She is not used to such ill treatment.
(c) She knows her answers will implicate her.
(d) She knows they want to try her in the media.
4. How long has Charlotte been a spy?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) All her adult life.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Six years.
5. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
6. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To see Charlotte.
(b) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To write his memoirs.
7. Who provided most of the incriminating evidence against Alfred Kirscher to the Stasi organization?
8. Who is Josef R'diger?
(a) The museum curator.
(b) Charlotte's neighbor.
(c) A former political prisoner.
(d) The town mayor.
9. What question is asked in the news broadcast?
(a) If Charlotte should be forced to give up the museum.
(b) If Charlotte should be forced to give up her Medal of Honor.
(c) If Charlotte should be forced to testify.
(d) If Charlotte should be forced to move from her home.
10. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) An old bill.
(b) A postage stamp.
(c) A photo.
(d) A watch.
11. Why does Kaufmann believe Charlotte's medal should be taken away?
(a) Because she is a transvestite.
(b) Because she doesn't pay taxes.
(c) Because she is a lesbian.
(d) If anyone has suffered because of her cooperation with the Stasi.
12. What name does Ziggy Fluss call Charlotte?
(a) The Fag Hag.
(b) Miss In-Between.
(c) The Trannie Granny.
(d) Miss Understanding.
13. Alfred learns that clocks are a hot commodity to ____________________.
(a) SS soldiers.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) School children.
(d) Swiss tourists.
14. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
(a) A CIA agent.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) A Stasi spy.
(d) An SS agent.
15. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
(a) A matchbook.
(b) A playing card.
(c) A menu.
(d) A greeting card.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Charlotte and Alfred transport their clocks?
2. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
3. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
4. What does a Stasi agent accuse Alfred of?
5. Who is Ziggy Fluss?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)