|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Charlotte's museum vandalized?
(a) Because she was a spy.
(b) Because it was prejudiced against gays.
(c) Because she was a homosexual.
(d) Because the admission was too high.
2. Who accosts Charlotte as she leaves the TV studio?
(b) SS agents.
(c) Street gang members.
(d) Gay bashers.
3. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) Charlotte's stories.
(b) SS reports.
(c) Neighbor's stories.
(d) Alfred's transcripts.
4. Who had Charlotte informed on?
(a) A former lover.
(b) An antiques dealer.
(c) An SS soldier.
(d) Her father.
5. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
(a) The church.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
6. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
(a) The weather.
(b) A dinner party she is hosting.
(c) The sweater she made for Alfred.
(d) The national election.
7. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A CIA agent.
(c) An SS agent.
(d) A Stasi spy.
8. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
(a) Customs officials.
(b) The Antiquities Association.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
9. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
(a) 48 months.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
10. What does Charlotte mean when she says "Museum. Mobel. Manner"?
(a) Museum. War. Courtesy.
(b) Museum. Records. Courtesy.
(c) Museum. Furniture. Men.
(d) Museum. Antiques. Men.
11. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
12. Which of the following is not an affliction from which Alfred suffers?
(a) Dizzy spells.
13. What had Charlotte received in exchange for revealing information about Alfred?
(c) A passport.
(d) A mansion.
14. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
(a) The government should not reverse an honor.
(b) Charlotte is very influential.
(c) Charlotte is getting old.
(d) Finger pointing will lead to disunity.
15. Which of the following does not describe German clocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
2. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
3. What does Ziggy Fluss insinuate that Charlotte is trying to avoid by moving?
4. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
5. Alfred asks Charlotte if he can sell clocks ____________________.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)