|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John, Charlotte's story ___________________.
(a) Is the makings of a bestseller.
(b) Is not true.
(c) Is amazing.
(d) Is too sad to print.
2. Doug asks Charlotte if she ever wanted to alter _____________ of an antique.
(b) The veneer.
3. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
(a) The healthcare is atrocious.
(b) The people are hostile toward gays.
(c) It is becoming too violent.
(d) The taxes are too high.
4. What question does reporter Brigitte Klensch ask Charlotte?
(a) If she killed her father.
(b) If she is guilty of tax evasion.
(c) If she plans to move.
(d) If she was ever married.
5. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) Interviews from family and friends.
(b) News reports and files.
(c) Charlotte's memories.
(d) Charlotte's diaries.
6. Why does R'diger think Charlotte should lose her medal?
(a) Charlotte betrayed a personal friend.
(b) Charlotte and all informants are guilty of a crime.
(c) Charlotte does not pay her taxes.
(d) Charlotte is a transvestite.
7. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
(a) I was born to be alone.
(b) No woman would have me.
(c) I am my own wife.
(d) I'll make somebody a good wife someday.
8. What is a form of autism in adults?
9. John tells Doug that Charlotte's story sounds like _____________________.
(a) Fuel for her enemies.
(b) A pac of lies.
(c) A Cold War thriller.
(d) A romance novel.
10. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
(a) A concert.
(b) A riot.
(c) A parade.
(d) A news broadcast.
11. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) Her family.
(c) Gay bashers.
(d) Religious groups.
12. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) Neighbor's stories.
(b) SS reports.
(c) Alfred's transcripts.
(d) Charlotte's stories.
13. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) The parole board.
14. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her family history.
(b) References about someone she informed on.
(c) Her financial records.
(d) Her employment history.
15. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Antiques dealers.
(c) Customs officials.
(d) School children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Charlotte, all Alfred had left were _______________.
2. Who accosts Charlotte as she leaves the TV studio?
3. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
4. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
5. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)