|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does R'diger think Charlotte should lose her medal?
(a) Charlotte betrayed a personal friend.
(b) Charlotte and all informants are guilty of a crime.
(c) Charlotte does not pay her taxes.
(d) Charlotte is a transvestite.
2. Why are Charlotte and Alfred's friends remaining silent during his incarceration?
(a) They do not know where Alfred is.
(b) They have also been arrested.
(c) They are afraid of being found guilty by association.
(d) They are all on holiday.
3. What does Charlotte admit to coming close to destroying?
(a) Her business.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Letters from Alfred.
4. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
(a) Gay bashers.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Her family.
(d) Religious groups.
5. Who delves into Charlotte's behavior in "Diagnosis"?
(a) Her mother.
(d) A pyschiatrist.
6. Who is Markus Kaufmann?
(a) Charlotte's brother-in-law.
(b) Charlotte's banker.
(c) An SS policeman.
(d) A conservative politician.
7. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) The clocks belong to the museum board.
(b) Alfred will be moving to America.
(c) Alfred is on vacation.
(d) The clocks belong to Alfred.
8. Charlotte's mother had told her it was fine to ______________________.
(a) Live alone.
(b) Dress like a woman.
(c) Open a museum.
(d) Study art.
9. What content does John want to form the basis of Charlotte's stories?
(a) Charlotte's diaries.
(b) Interviews from family and friends.
(c) Charlotte's memories.
(d) News reports and files.
10. What diagnosis does Dieter Jorgensen make about Charlotte?
(a) Grandiose Delusions.
(d) Bipolar Disease.
11. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) A photo.
(b) A postage stamp.
(c) An old bill.
(d) A watch.
12. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she informed on her neighbors.
(b) If she informed on Alfred.
(c) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
(d) If she dodged her taxes.
13. Alfred learns that clocks are a hot commodity to ____________________.
(a) American soldiers.
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) School children.
(d) Swiss tourists.
14. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) An insurance policy.
(b) A resume.
(c) A will.
(d) An investment portfolio statement.
15. Where did Charlotte take Alfred after he was released from prison?
(a) The park.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) The opera.
(d) A hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vandalized Charlotte's museum?
2. Why were the Stasi concerned when they found out Alfred was a homosexual?
3. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
4. What does Alfred wear?
5. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)