|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
(a) A matchbook.
(b) A greeting card.
(c) A menu.
(d) A playing card.
2. What vandalism recently occurred at Charlotte's home?
(a) Someone set a fire in the garage.
(b) Someone ripped out her shrubs and flowers.
(c) Someone threw a rock through her window.
(d) Someone painted obscenities on her house.
3. On what topic does Doug want to interview Charlotte in "A Convenient Lapse"?
(a) Her antique sources.
(b) Her religious beliefs.
(c) Her political positions.
(d) Her Stasi files.
4. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her family history.
(b) References about someone she informed on.
(c) Her employment history.
(d) Her financial records.
5. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
(a) Her storytelling.
(b) Her manic behavior.
(c) Her sleeping too much.
(d) Her tics.
6. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
(a) Customs officials.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Antiquities Association.
7. What was Charlotte's response to her mother's idea that she should marry?
(a) I'll make somebody a good wife someday.
(b) No woman would have me.
(c) I am my own wife.
(d) I was born to be alone.
8. Alfred learns that clocks are a hot commodity to ____________________.
(a) American soldiers.
(b) Swiss tourists.
(c) SS soldiers.
(d) School children.
9. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
(a) A huge raise.
(b) An extended vacation.
(c) A promotion.
(d) An island home.
10. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
(a) 12 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 48 months.
(d) 3 years.
11. What does the loud music in "The Cross" signify?
(a) A parade.
(b) A riot.
(c) A news broadcast.
(d) A concert.
12. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) An insurance policy.
(b) A resume.
(c) An investment portfolio statement.
(d) A will.
13. Why does Charlotte bristle at the reporters' questions?
(a) She is not used to such ill treatment.
(b) She knows her answers will implicate her.
(c) She is innocent of all the charges.
(d) She knows they want to try her in the media.
14. Who accosts Charlotte as she leaves the TV studio?
(a) Gay bashers.
(c) SS agents.
(d) Street gang members.
15. What instrument does Alfred want to play when he is released?
(a) The flute.
(b) The piano.
(c) The violin.
(d) The cello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
2. Who delves into Charlotte's behavior in "Diagnosis"?
3. To whom does Alfred write a letter in the scene, "A Letter from Prison"?
4. What does a Stasi agent accuse Alfred of?
5. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)