|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
2. Charlotte deflects Ziggy's question by talking about ___________________.
(a) Her new home.
(b) Her record collection.
(c) Her phonograph.
(d) Her antiques.
3. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she informed on her neighbors.
(b) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
(c) If she dodged her taxes.
(d) If she informed on Alfred.
4. What does Alfred wear?
(b) A mask.
(c) A toupee.
(d) False teeth.
5. Why does R'diger think Charlotte should lose her medal?
(a) Charlotte does not pay her taxes.
(b) Charlotte and all informants are guilty of a crime.
(c) Charlotte betrayed a personal friend.
(d) Charlotte is a transvestite.
6. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her financial records.
(b) References about someone she informed on.
(c) Her family history.
(d) Her employment history.
7. What does Charlotte mean when she says "Museum. Mobel. Manner"?
(a) Museum. Furniture. Men.
(b) Museum. Records. Courtesy.
(c) Museum. Antiques. Men.
(d) Museum. War. Courtesy.
8. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
(a) Customs officials.
(b) The Antiquities Association.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
9. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
10. What does Doug call the person Charlotte had informed on?
(b) Mystery Man.
(c) Secret Lover.
11. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
(a) A young transvestite.
(b) A trainee of Charlotte's at the museum.
(c) A Humboldt University student.
(d) A gay union organizer.
12. What distracts Charlotte as Doug tries to interview her?
(a) A dog barking.
13. Alfred learns that clocks are a hot commodity to ____________________.
(a) SS soldiers.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) Swiss tourists.
(d) School children.
14. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) A photo.
(b) A watch.
(c) A postage stamp.
(d) An old bill.
15. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
(a) Her storytelling.
(b) Her tics.
(c) Her sleeping too much.
(d) Her manic behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if Alfred were to be labeled mentally defective?
2. According to John, Charlotte's story ___________________.
3. Who is Josef R'diger?
4. A Stasi agent contends that "Park" has not given them anything substantial for __________________.
5. Which of the following does not describe German clocks?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)