|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document does Alfred complete?
(a) A will.
(b) An investment portfolio statement.
(c) An insurance policy.
(d) A resume.
2. To whom does Alfred will all his belongings?
(a) His nephew.
(b) The church.
(c) His brother.
3. What is a form of autism in adults?
4. Why were the Stasi concerned when they found out Alfred was a homosexual?
(a) He might be labeled mentally defective.
(b) He might have abused young boys.
(c) He might have infected others with the AIDS virus.
(d) He might have influenced young boys.
5. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) The clocks belong to the museum board.
(b) Alfred will be moving to America.
(c) Alfred is on vacation.
(d) The clocks belong to Alfred.
6. How long has Charlotte been a spy?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) All her adult life.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Six years.
7. What is critical for Doug to believe in order to write Charlotte's story?
(a) Her medical file.
(b) Her antiques experience.
(c) Her informant behavior.
(d) Her survival as a homosexual.
8. Charlotte deflects Doug's questions by commenting on __________________________.
(a) A dinner party she is hosting.
(b) The weather.
(c) The sweater she made for Alfred.
(d) The national election.
9. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
10. Why does Charlotte want to move from Berlin?
(a) The people are hostile toward gays.
(b) The taxes are too high.
(c) The healthcare is atrocious.
(d) It is becoming too violent.
11. What do Charlotte and Alfred both have a large collection of?
12. What happened to Alfred's possessions when he was in jail?
(a) They were lost in a fire.
(b) Charlotte gave them away.
(c) They were robbed from his home.
(d) The Stasi impounded them.
13. Why does Liptsch believe Charlotte should keep her medal?
(a) Charlotte is very influential.
(b) The government should not reverse an honor.
(c) Charlotte is getting old.
(d) Finger pointing will lead to disunity.
14. Charlotte tells the group of reporters a story about _____________.
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
15. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To establish a philanthropic foundation.
(c) To see Charlotte.
(d) To write his memoirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. John tells Doug that Charlotte is ______________.
2. What sound abruptly ends the sound of music playing as Act 2 begins?
3. Which of the following is not an affliction from which Alfred suffers?
4. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
5. On what does Alfred write a note to Charlotte?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)