|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been blacked out in Charlotte's Stasi file?
(a) Her employment history.
(b) Her family history.
(c) References about someone she informed on.
(d) Her financial records.
2. How many times has the Medal of Honor been revoked before?
3. Who follows the American soldiers who buy the clocks?
(a) Customs officials.
(b) Police officers.
(c) Antiques dealers.
(d) School children.
4. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
(a) A young transvestite.
(b) A gay union organizer.
(c) A Humboldt University student.
(d) A trainee of Charlotte's at the museum.
5. What does Alfred tell Charlotte to tell the Stasi when they come for her?
(a) Alfred is on vacation.
(b) Alfred will be moving to America.
(c) The clocks belong to the museum board.
(d) The clocks belong to Alfred.
6. Alfred asks Charlotte if he can sell clocks ____________________.
(a) In the museum.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) In her yard sale.
(d) From her basement.
7. What does Alfred wear?
(b) A toupee.
(c) False teeth.
(d) A mask.
8. What does Alfred say he will do when he is released?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Run a marathon.
(c) Play a waltz.
(d) Become a lawyer.
9. Who had Charlotte informed on?
(a) A former lover.
(b) An SS soldier.
(c) Her father.
(d) An antiques dealer.
10. Who delves into Charlotte's behavior in "Diagnosis"?
(a) A pyschiatrist.
(c) Her mother.
11. What is Dieter Jorgensen's decision about Charlotte?
(a) She is posing.
(b) She is perfectly fine.
(c) She should be hospitalized.
(d) She is mentally ill.
12. What may Charlotte receive for her efforts in spying on Alfred?
(a) An island home.
(b) An extended vacation.
(c) A huge raise.
(d) A promotion.
13. Which of the following did Alfred not leave to Charlotte when he died?
(a) A watch.
(b) A postage stamp.
(c) An old bill.
(d) A photo.
14. What question does reporter Brigitte Klensch ask Charlotte?
(a) If she was ever married.
(b) If she killed her father.
(c) If she is guilty of tax evasion.
(d) If she plans to move.
15. Alfred learns that clocks are a hot commodity to ____________________.
(a) Swiss tourists.
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) School children.
(d) American soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
2. Why are Charlotte and Alfred's friends remaining silent during his incarceration?
3. Why would agents skew events reported in files?
4. To what country does Charlotte say she is moving?
5. Charlotte survived as a homosexual amidst the cruelty of the Nazis and _________________.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)