|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
(a) Mastery of six languages.
(b) Gourmet cooking skills.
(c) Collection of antique dolls.
(d) Survival as a transvestite during the Third Reich.
2. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
(a) French history.
(b) Charlotte's boyhood.
(c) Austrian politics.
(d) The industrial revolution.
3. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
(a) Fake glasses.
(b) Girl's shoes.
(c) Mother's coat.
(d) Long blonde hair.
4. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
(c) Stiletto heels.
5. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
(a) All the furniture.
(d) Dishes and glassware.
6. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
7. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
8. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) Live music.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A cassette tape.
(d) A phonograph.
9. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas cattleman.
(b) A Texas newsman.
(c) A Texas lawyer.
(d) A Texas oilman.
10. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
11. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
12. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
(a) Black lace panties.
(b) Unmatched socks.
(c) A wig.
(d) A camisole.
13. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
14. When was the museum tavern open?
(c) Sunday afternoons.
(d) Friday and Saturday nights.
15. For what publication does John Marks write?
(a) U.S. News & World Report.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
2. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
3. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
4. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
5. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)