|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlotte's given name?
2. When was the museum tavern open?
(a) Sunday afternoons.
(d) Friday and Saturday nights.
3. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For preserving German history.
(b) For diplomatic services.
(c) For philanthropic work.
(d) For art preservation work.
4. In what city does Charlotte live?
5. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas oilman.
(b) A Texas lawyer.
(c) A Texas cattleman.
(d) A Texas newsman.
6. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(b) January, 1983.
(c) January, 1973.
(d) January, 2003.
7. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) Delicate as a surgeon's.
(b) The hands of a woodworker.
(c) Definitely a man's hands.
(d) A craftsman's hands.
8. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
(a) Gives him money.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Threatens to kill Charlotte.
(d) Shoots at him.
9. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
10. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
(a) A wig.
(b) Unmatched socks.
(c) Black lace panties.
(d) A camisole.
11. About what topic does Doug want to write a play?
(a) German beer.
(b) Charlotte's life.
(c) German customs.
(d) Charlotte's poetry.
12. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(d) Lots of children.
13. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
(a) The music industry.
(b) Gay culture.
(d) Personal ads.
14. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
(a) The period in Germany from 1890 to 1900.
(b) A German noodle dish.
(c) A blessing when someone sneezes.
(d) A German sports car.
15. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Rolling pin.
(d) Butcher knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
2. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
3. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
4. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
5. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)