|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(b) Charlene von Mufflin.
(c) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
(d) Charlene van Moore.
2. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique dishes.
(b) Flower seeds.
(c) Antique records.
(d) Rare books.
3. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
(a) The music industry.
(b) Personal ads.
(c) Gay culture.
4. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
(a) A full day.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Good and evil in the universe.
(b) Capitalism and religion.
(c) Male to female substances in each person.
(d) Terminal illnesses.
6. When was the museum tavern open?
(b) Sunday afternoons.
(c) Friday and Saturday nights.
7. What would happen to Charlotte if she broke her oath?
(a) She would be imprisoned.
(b) She would be prosecuted.
(c) She would be executed.
(d) She would be deported.
8. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
(a) The period in Germany from 1890 to 1900.
(b) A German noodle dish.
(c) A blessing when someone sneezes.
(d) A German sports car.
9. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) The hands of a woodworker.
(b) Definitely a man's hands.
(c) A craftsman's hands.
(d) Delicate as a surgeon's.
10. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
(a) John's floor.
(b) Charlotte's house.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
11. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Rolling pin.
(b) Butcher knife.
12. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
(a) 13 weeks.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 13 years.
13. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
14. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A cassette tape.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) Live music.
15. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A museum.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A winery.
(d) A gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
2. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
3. What is Charlotte's given name?
4. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
5. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)