|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
2. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas oilman.
(b) A Texas lawyer.
(c) A Texas newsman.
(d) A Texas cattleman.
3. What are the primary contents of the museum?
4. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
(a) A German sports car.
(b) A blessing when someone sneezes.
(c) A German noodle dish.
(d) The period in Germany from 1890 to 1900.
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Report homosexual friends.
(b) Report illegal activities.
(c) Spy on professors.
(d) Deny her gender preference.
6. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(b) White hair.
(c) No make-up.
(d) Red dress.
7. For what publication does John Marks write?
(a) U.S. News & World Report.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
8. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
(a) He is out of film.
(b) His digital card is full.
(c) He doesn't want her to think he just wants to gawk at her.
(d) He forgot his camera.
9. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
10. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlene von Mufflin.
(b) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(c) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
(d) Charlene van Moore.
11. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
12. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
(a) 10 years
(b) 4 months.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 4 years.
13. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
14. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
15. The owner of the tavern wanted the gay clientele because they were well behaved and ____________________.
(b) Good tippers.
(c) Very polite.
(d) Had money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mulack-Ritze?
2. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
3. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
4. Who is Minna Mahlich?
5. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)