|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
(a) A diary.
(b) A door.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) A painting.
2. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(a) Dressing in women's clothes.
(c) Playing the violin.
3. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(b) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(c) The power to overcome obstacles.
(d) The search for love.
4. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) A full day.
5. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
6. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
7. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(c) Butcher knife.
(d) Rolling pin.
8. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A spy.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A lesbian.
9. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Art history.
(b) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(c) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(d) German history.
10. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
11. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
12. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He is out of grant money.
(b) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(c) He no longer needs a car.
(d) He wants a newer model.
13. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(b) Lots of children.
14. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) Definitely a man's hands.
(b) The hands of a woodworker.
(c) A craftsman's hands.
(d) Delicate as a surgeon's.
15. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Capitalism and religion.
(b) Good and evil in the universe.
(c) Male to female substances in each person.
(d) Terminal illnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
2. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
3. What is Mulack-Ritze?
4. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
5. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)