|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
(a) A whip.
(b) A tack.
(c) The snakes.
(d) A razor.
2. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
3. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A lesbian.
(d) A spy.
4. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(b) He is out of grant money.
(c) He no longer needs a car.
(d) He wants a newer model.
5. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(c) Butcher knife.
(d) Rolling pin.
6. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For diplomatic services.
(b) For philanthropic work.
(c) For preserving German history.
(d) For art preservation work.
7. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
8. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas oilman.
(b) A Texas lawyer.
(c) A Texas newsman.
(d) A Texas cattleman.
9. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
(a) Black lace panties.
(b) Unmatched socks.
(c) A wig.
(d) A camisole.
10. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
11. What is Charlotte's given name?
12. Which of the following miniature pieces does Charlotte not remove from the jewelry box?
(d) Cherry pitter.
13. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
(a) A Nazi.
(b) An industrialist.
(c) A priest.
(d) A criminal.
14. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(a) January, 1973.
(b) January, 2003.
(c) January, 1983.
15. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The Stasi.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
2. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
3. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
4. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
5. About what topic does Doug want to write a play?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)