|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(b) The power to overcome obstacles.
(c) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(d) The search for love.
2. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
3. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
(a) Aunt Loretta.
(b) Aunt Luise.
(c) Aunt Lorene.
(d) Aunt Lulu.
4. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
(a) Mastery of six languages.
(b) Survival as a transvestite during the Third Reich.
(c) Gourmet cooking skills.
(d) Collection of antique dolls.
5. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
6. Who is Minna Mahlich?
(a) A governess.
(b) A spy.
(c) A barmaid.
(d) A translationist.
7. In what city does Charlotte live?
8. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He wants a newer model.
(b) He is out of grant money.
(c) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(d) He no longer needs a car.
9. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) The Stasi.
10. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas lawyer.
(b) A Texas newsman.
(c) A Texas oilman.
(d) A Texas cattleman.
11. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
12. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
(a) Jewish hiding places.
(b) A replica of an old tavern.
(c) Old vaudeville costumes.
(d) Her wine cellar.
13. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlene van Moore.
(b) Charlene von Mufflin.
(c) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(d) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
14. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
15. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
(a) A razor.
(b) The snakes.
(c) A whip.
(d) A tack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
2. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
3. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
4. Who confronts Charlotte in an air raid shelter during the war?
5. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)