|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Spy on professors.
(b) Deny her gender preference.
(c) Report illegal activities.
(d) Report homosexual friends.
2. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
(b) The euro.
(c) The gay lifestyle.
(d) The Third Reich.
3. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
(a) Gays and lesbians.
(c) SS soldiers.
(d) University students.
4. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
(b) His wife.
(c) SS officers.
(d) His children.
5. About what topic does Doug want to write a play?
(a) German customs.
(b) Charlotte's poetry.
(c) Charlotte's life.
(d) German beer.
6. What is Charlotte's given name?
7. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
8. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
(a) Threatens to kill Charlotte.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Gives him money.
(d) Shoots at him.
9. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A winery.
(d) A museum.
10. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
(b) All the furniture.
(d) Dishes and glassware.
11. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
(a) Old vaudeville costumes.
(b) Her wine cellar.
(c) Jewish hiding places.
(d) A replica of an old tavern.
12. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For art preservation work.
(b) For philanthropic work.
(c) For preserving German history.
(d) For diplomatic services.
13. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The Stasi.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Vatican.
14. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(b) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(c) German history.
(d) Art history.
15. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) A cassette tape.
(c) An iPod.
(d) Live music.
Short Answer Questions
1. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
2. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
3. In what city does Charlotte live?
4. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
5. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)