|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
(a) To give homosexuals a place to gather.
(b) To rebel against conventional society.
(c) To provide a stage for performers.
(d) To preserve a piece of history.
2. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
(d) Stiletto heels.
3. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
4. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
5. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A winery.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A museum.
6. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
7. For what publication does John Marks write?
(a) U.S. News & World Report.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The New York Times.
8. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
9. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) Live music.
(c) An iPod.
(d) A cassette tape.
10. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlene van Moore.
(b) Charlene von Mufflin.
(c) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(d) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
11. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By asking for a donation.
(b) By turning off the lights.
(c) By turning off the phonograph.
(d) By opening the double doors.
12. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
(d) Historical documents.
13. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
(a) One hour.
(b) A full day.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
14. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
15. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) Red dress.
(b) White hair.
(c) No make-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
2. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
3. What is unique about Charlotte?
4. What are the primary contents of the museum?
5. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)