|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
(a) Gay culture.
(b) The music industry.
(c) Personal ads.
2. In what city does Charlotte live?
3. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
(a) East Prussia.
4. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
(a) Charlotte's boyhood.
(b) Austrian politics.
(c) French history.
(d) The industrial revolution.
5. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
(a) A gun.
(c) A swastika.
(d) A uniform.
6. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For preserving German history.
(b) For art preservation work.
(c) For philanthropic work.
(d) For diplomatic services.
7. Who shut down the tavern?
(a) SS soldiers.
(b) Neighborhood Watch Association.
(c) The Communist government.
(d) City government.
8. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
9. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
10. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
11. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
(a) A painting.
(b) A diary.
(c) A door.
(d) A stained glass window.
12. What nationality is Charlotte?
13. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years
(d) 4 months.
14. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(c) Butcher knife.
(d) Rolling pin.
15. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He is out of grant money.
(b) He no longer needs a car.
(c) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(d) He wants a newer model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlotte's given name?
2. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
3. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
4. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
5. Who is John Marks?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)