|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(a) Dressing in women's clothes.
(b) Playing the violin.
2. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Terminal illnesses.
(b) Good and evil in the universe.
(c) Male to female substances in each person.
(d) Capitalism and religion.
3. Who confronts Charlotte in an air raid shelter during the war?
(a) American soldiers.
(b) Former school friends.
(c) SS officers.
(d) Red Cross workers.
4. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For art preservation work.
(b) For preserving German history.
(c) For philanthropic work.
(d) For diplomatic services.
5. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
6. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
(c) Adam's Apple.
7. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) John Glenn.
8. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A phonograph.
(b) A cassette tape.
(c) An iPod.
(d) Live music.
9. In what city does Charlotte live?
10. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A bed and breakfast.
(c) John's floor.
(d) Charlotte's house.
11. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
12. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
13. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
14. For what publication does John Marks write?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) U.S. News & World Report.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The Washington Post.
15. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 10 years
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
2. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
3. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
4. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
5. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)