|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
2. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) John Glenn.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Marie Curie.
3. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(b) Playing the violin.
(d) Dressing in women's clothes.
4. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
5. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A museum.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A winery.
6. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
(a) Dishes and glassware.
(d) All the furniture.
7. Why does the Cultural Minister of Germany present Charlotte with an award?
(a) For diplomatic services.
(b) For philanthropic work.
(c) For preserving German history.
(d) For art preservation work.
8. What is Mulack-Ritze?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A port city.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A book.
9. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
(a) The Third Reich.
(b) The euro.
(c) The gay lifestyle.
10. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(d) SS officers.
11. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
(a) A beret.
(b) A smile.
(c) Ladies clothes.
12. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
(a) Mastery of six languages.
(b) Survival as a transvestite during the Third Reich.
(c) Collection of antique dolls.
(d) Gourmet cooking skills.
13. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By turning off the phonograph.
(b) By asking for a donation.
(c) By opening the double doors.
(d) By turning off the lights.
14. What nationality is Charlotte?
15. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) Definitely a man's hands.
(b) A craftsman's hands.
(c) Delicate as a surgeon's.
(d) The hands of a woodworker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
2. Charlotte leaves the stage and returns with __________________.
3. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
4. What would happen to Charlotte if she broke her oath?
5. How did Charlotte say she escaped from the Youth Prison?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)