|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The Vatican.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Stasi.
(d) The CIA.
2. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
(a) Memories and Music.
(b) A Lecture on the Phonograph.
(c) And the Band Played On.
(d) A Diary of Sorts.
3. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas oilman.
(b) A Texas cattleman.
(c) A Texas newsman.
(d) A Texas lawyer.
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. When was the museum tavern open?
(a) Friday and Saturday nights.
(b) Sunday afternoons.
6. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(b) German history.
(c) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(d) Art history.
7. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
(a) Threatens to kill Charlotte.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Gives him money.
(d) Shoots at him.
8. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
(a) A camisole.
(b) Unmatched socks.
(c) A wig.
(d) Black lace panties.
9. What is the name of the animal on the poster?
10. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
(b) SS officers.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
11. What item does Charlotte place in the center of a table?
(a) An iPod.
(b) A music box.
(c) A snowglobe.
(d) A velvet jewelry box.
12. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Butcher knife.
(b) Rolling pin.
13. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
14. Who is Doug?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A playwright.
(c) A politician.
(d) An editor.
15. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Report illegal activities.
(b) Report homosexual friends.
(c) Deny her gender preference.
(d) Spy on professors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
2. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
3. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
4. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
5. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)