|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
(a) The Third Reich.
(b) The gay lifestyle.
(c) The euro.
2. Who is Doug?
(a) A playwright.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An editor.
(d) A politician.
3. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
(a) The economy.
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) His unlawful arrest.
(d) Not being able to understand German.
4. Who confronts Charlotte in an air raid shelter during the war?
(a) American soldiers.
(b) SS officers.
(c) Red Cross workers.
(d) Former school friends.
5. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(a) January, 2003.
(c) January, 1983.
(d) January, 1973.
6. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Spy on professors.
(b) Deny her gender preference.
(c) Report illegal activities.
(d) Report homosexual friends.
7. How many records has Charlotte had during her lifetime?
8. What would happen to Charlotte if she broke her oath?
(a) She would be prosecuted.
(b) She would be executed.
(c) She would be imprisoned.
(d) She would be deported.
9. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
(d) Stiletto heels.
10. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Male to female substances in each person.
(b) Capitalism and religion.
(c) Terminal illnesses.
(d) Good and evil in the universe.
11. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) The hands of a woodworker.
(b) Delicate as a surgeon's.
(c) Definitely a man's hands.
(d) A craftsman's hands.
12. What is unique about Charlotte?
(a) She is a transvestite.
(b) She is bilingual.
(c) She is bisexual.
(d) She is a lesbian.
13. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
14. What is the name of this scene regarding Charlotte's aunt?
(a) Lost in Translation.
(b) No Translation Necessary.
(c) Translating Tante Luise.
(d) Translating My Life.
15. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(b) Charlene von Mufflin.
(c) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
(d) Charlene van Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
2. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
3. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
4. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
5. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)