|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(b) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(c) The power to overcome obstacles.
(d) The search for love.
2. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) No make-up.
(b) White hair.
(d) Red dress.
3. Who is Doug?
(a) An editor.
(b) A playwright.
(c) A politician.
(d) A lawyer.
4. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Male to female substances in each person.
(b) Terminal illnesses.
(c) Capitalism and religion.
(d) Good and evil in the universe.
5. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
(a) A tack.
(b) A whip.
(c) A razor.
(d) The snakes.
6. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
(d) East Prussia.
7. What does Charlotte discuss in the last scene called "Horns"?
8. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) A full day.
(d) Three hours.
9. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
10. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
(c) Historical documents.
11. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
(b) A gun.
(c) A swastika.
(d) A uniform.
12. What are the primary contents of the museum?
13. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
(a) The economy.
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) Not being able to understand German.
(d) His unlawful arrest.
14. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(c) Lots of children.
15. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
2. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
3. Which of the following miniature pieces does Charlotte not remove from the jewelry box?
4. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
5. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)