|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
(a) John Marks.
(b) Groucho Marks.
(c) Martin Marks.
(d) John Marker.
2. When was the museum tavern open?
(c) Sunday afternoons.
(d) Friday and Saturday nights.
3. What did Charlotte buy from the tavern?
(b) Dishes and glassware.
(c) All the furniture.
4. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
5. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
6. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
(a) His unlawful arrest.
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) Not being able to understand German.
(d) The economy.
7. How long did it take for Charlotte to repair her home?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 13 weeks.
8. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(b) German history.
(c) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(d) Art history.
9. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
(a) A hostel.
(b) Charlotte's house.
(c) John's floor.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
10. Which of the following disappeared from gay society after the crumble of the Berlin wall?
(a) Personal ads.
(b) Gay culture.
(c) The music industry.
11. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique records.
(b) Flower seeds.
(c) Rare books.
(d) Antique dishes.
12. Charlotte leaves the stage and returns with __________________.
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A laptop.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) An iPod.
13. What is Charlotte's given name?
14. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A lesbian.
(c) A spy.
(d) A philanthropist.
15. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) White hair.
(b) Red dress.
(d) No make-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
2. What is die Gr'nderzeit?
3. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
4. In what city does Charlotte live?
5. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)