|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A cassette tape.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) Live music.
2. What item does Charlotte place in the center of a table?
(a) A velvet jewelry box.
(b) A music box.
(c) An iPod.
(d) A snowglobe.
3. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By opening the double doors.
(b) By asking for a donation.
(c) By turning off the phonograph.
(d) By turning off the lights.
4. How did Charlotte say she escaped from the Youth Prison?
(a) By offering a guard cigarettes.
(b) During a fire drill.
(c) By tunnelling out in the winter.
(d) When the Russians bombed and the walls fell down.
5. Charlotte leaves the stage and returns with __________________.
(a) A phonograph.
(b) A laptop.
(c) An iPod.
(d) A cup of tea.
6. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
(c) Adam's Apple.
7. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
8. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(b) Red dress.
(c) White hair.
(d) No make-up.
9. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Art history.
(b) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(c) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(d) German history.
10. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
(a) 10 years
(b) 25 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 4 months.
11. The owner of the tavern wanted the gay clientele because they were well behaved and ____________________.
(a) Very polite.
(b) Good tippers.
(d) Had money.
12. What would happen to Charlotte if she broke her oath?
(a) She would be imprisoned.
(b) She would be deported.
(c) She would be executed.
(d) She would be prosecuted.
13. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
(a) Threatens to kill Charlotte.
(b) Gives him money.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Shoots at him.
14. What is Mulack-Ritze?
(a) A port city.
(b) A book.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A tavern.
15. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
2. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
3. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
4. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
5. Who confronts Charlotte in an air raid shelter during the war?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)