|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(b) Lots of children.
2. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
3. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Deny her gender preference.
(b) Spy on professors.
(c) Report homosexual friends.
(d) Report illegal activities.
4. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
5. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Stasi.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) The FBI.
6. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
(a) A Lecture on the Phonograph.
(b) And the Band Played On.
(c) A Diary of Sorts.
(d) Memories and Music.
7. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
(a) A beret.
(b) A smile.
(d) Ladies clothes.
8. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique dishes.
(b) Rare books.
(c) Flower seeds.
(d) Antique records.
9. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(a) January, 1973.
(b) January, 2003.
(d) January, 1983.
10. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By turning off the phonograph.
(b) By opening the double doors.
(c) By turning off the lights.
(d) By asking for a donation.
11. During the war, Charlotte refused to wear _______________.
(a) A gun.
(c) A uniform.
(d) A swastika.
12. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(b) Rolling pin.
(c) Butcher knife.
13. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
(a) His unlawful arrest.
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) The economy.
(d) Not being able to understand German.
14. How many records has Charlotte had during her lifetime?
15. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
(a) To preserve a piece of history.
(b) To give homosexuals a place to gather.
(c) To provide a stage for performers.
(d) To rebel against conventional society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
2. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
3. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
4. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
5. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)