|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
(a) Definitely a man's hands.
(b) The hands of a woodworker.
(c) A craftsman's hands.
(d) Delicate as a surgeon's.
2. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Art history.
(b) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(c) German history.
(d) Charlotte's interview tapes.
3. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(b) Too extreme.
(c) Old news.
4. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
5. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Spy on professors.
(b) Report illegal activities.
(c) Deny her gender preference.
(d) Report homosexual friends.
6. What is the name of this scene regarding Charlotte's aunt?
(a) No Translation Necessary.
(b) Translating My Life.
(c) Translating Tante Luise.
(d) Lost in Translation.
7. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A spy.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A lesbian.
(d) A Communist.
8. Who is Doug?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An editor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A politician.
9. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
(a) University students.
(b) Gays and lesbians.
(c) SS soldiers.
10. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
(a) Gives him money.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Shoots at him.
(d) Threatens to kill Charlotte.
11. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
12. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
13. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Rolling pin.
(c) Butcher knife.
14. When was the museum tavern open?
(c) Sunday afternoons.
(d) Friday and Saturday nights.
15. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
(a) He is out of film.
(b) He doesn't want her to think he just wants to gawk at her.
(c) His digital card is full.
(d) He forgot his camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
2. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
3. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
4. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
5. In the scene "I, Lothar Berfelde" Charlotte talks about being manipulated by what organization?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)