|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
2. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(a) Dressing in women's clothes.
(b) Playing the violin.
3. What is Charlotte's given name?
4. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A spy.
(c) A lesbian.
(d) A philanthropist.
5. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
(a) A beret.
(c) A smile.
(d) Ladies clothes.
6. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
(a) January, 1973.
(b) January, 1983.
(d) January, 2003.
7. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique records.
(b) Rare books.
(c) Flower seeds.
(d) Antique dishes.
8. What did Charlotte's aunt raise?
(b) Lots of children.
9. What are the primary contents of the museum?
10. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) John Glenn.
(d) Albert Einstein.
11. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) Red dress.
(b) No make-up.
(c) White hair.
12. What did the oath require Charlotte to do?
(a) Report homosexual friends.
(b) Deny her gender preference.
(c) Spy on professors.
(d) Report illegal activities.
13. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Art history.
(b) German history.
(c) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(d) Charlotte's interview tapes.
14. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
15. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose answering machine picks up in "Eine Spende"?
2. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
3. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
4. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
5. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)