|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) A cassette tape.
(b) An iPod.
(c) Live music.
(d) A phonograph.
2. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
3. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
4. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
5. Which of the following does Charlotte's father not threaten to shoot?
(a) SS officers.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
6. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
(a) Aunt Lorene.
(b) Aunt Luise.
(c) Aunt Loretta.
(d) Aunt Lulu.
7. Who is Minna Mahlich?
(a) A governess.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A translationist.
(d) A spy.
8. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Male to female substances in each person.
(b) Capitalism and religion.
(c) Terminal illnesses.
(d) Good and evil in the universe.
9. Who is Doug?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An editor.
(c) A politician.
(d) A lawyer.
10. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
11. What is the name of the animal on the poster?
12. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
13. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(b) Dressing in women's clothes.
(c) Playing the violin.
14. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A museum.
(b) A winery.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A hospital.
15. How did Charlotte say she escaped from the Youth Prison?
(a) By tunnelling out in the winter.
(b) When the Russians bombed and the walls fell down.
(c) By offering a guard cigarettes.
(d) During a fire drill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
2. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
3. What type of animal is shown on the poster entitled "His Master's Voice?"
4. Who is John Marks?
5. Who shut down the tavern?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)