|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. I AM MY OWN WIFE is the story of whom?
(a) Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
(b) Charlotte von Maelstrom.
(c) Charlene van Moore.
(d) Charlene von Mufflin.
2. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
(a) Adam's Apple.
3. According to Charlotte, what crumbled along with the Berlin wall?
(a) The Third Reich.
(c) The euro.
(d) The gay lifestyle.
4. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Butcher knife.
(b) Rolling pin.
5. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
(a) A hospital.
(b) A winery.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A museum.
6. For how many years has Charlotte had her phonograph?
7. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
8. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
(a) The industrial revolution.
(b) Austrian politics.
(c) French history.
(d) Charlotte's boyhood.
9. What type of building to Doug and John visit?
10. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) White hair.
(b) No make-up.
(c) Red dress.
11. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By turning off the phonograph.
(b) By turning off the lights.
(c) By asking for a donation.
(d) By opening the double doors.
12. In what city does Charlotte live?
13. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
(c) Stiletto heels.
14. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) John Glenn.
(d) Marie Curie.
15. Charlotte leaves the stage and returns with __________________.
(a) A phonograph.
(b) An iPod.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A laptop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
2. What nationality is Charlotte?
3. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
4. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
5. What does Doug mistakenly tell his German class that he is wearing?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)