|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the museum tavern open?
(a) Friday and Saturday nights.
(b) Sunday afternoons.
2. In what city does Charlotte live?
3. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
4. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
(a) A smile.
(b) Ladies clothes.
(d) A beret.
5. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The power to overcome obstacles.
(b) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(c) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(d) The search for love.
6. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
(a) A whip.
(b) A tack.
(c) The snakes.
(d) A razor.
7. Charlotte leads Doug and Jack on a tour of the museum that lasts how long?
(a) Two hours.
(b) A full day.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
8. What is the secret code name assigned to Charlotte by the Stasi?
9. Charlotte leaves the stage and returns with __________________.
(a) A laptop.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) An iPod.
10. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
(a) He is out of film.
(b) His digital card is full.
(c) He forgot his camera.
(d) He doesn't want her to think he just wants to gawk at her.
11. Who were frequent patrons of Mulack-Ritze?
(b) SS soldiers.
(c) Gays and lesbians.
(d) University students.
12. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
13. Where does Doug plan to sleep while in Germany?
(a) A hostel.
(b) Charlotte's house.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) John's floor.
14. Who invented the phonograph?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) John Glenn.
(d) Marie Curie.
15. What item does Charlotte place in the center of a table?
(a) A velvet jewelry box.
(b) A music box.
(c) A snowglobe.
(d) An iPod.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
2. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
3. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
4. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
5. Who is Doug?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)