|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He gets a new car as part of his job.
(b) He is out of grant money.
(c) He no longer needs a car.
(d) He wants a newer model.
2. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(a) Playing the violin.
(b) Dressing in women's clothes.
3. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(b) Butcher knife.
(d) Rolling pin.
4. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
(a) John Marks.
(b) John Marker.
(c) Martin Marks.
(d) Groucho Marks.
5. What is Charlotte's given name?
6. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
7. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
(a) A criminal.
(b) A Nazi.
(c) An industrialist.
(d) A priest.
8. What does Charlotte say she prefers to the radio?
(a) An iPod.
(b) A phonograph.
(c) Live music.
(d) A cassette tape.
9. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
(a) Memories and Music.
(b) A Diary of Sorts.
(c) A Lecture on the Phonograph.
(d) And the Band Played On.
10. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
(d) Historical documents.
11. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas lawyer.
(b) A Texas cattleman.
(c) A Texas oilman.
(d) A Texas newsman.
12. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
13. What is the name of the animal on the poster?
14. The book, DIE TRANSVESTITEN, discusses the balance of _________________________.
(a) Terminal illnesses.
(b) Capitalism and religion.
(c) Male to female substances in each person.
(d) Good and evil in the universe.
15. When was the museum tavern open?
(b) Friday and Saturday nights.
(c) Sunday afternoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte gives tours of ________________.
2. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
3. For what publication does John Marks write?
4. Who was Charlotte's aunt?
5. Which of the following does not characterize Charlotte's appearance during the war?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)