Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1
1. What does the author, Doug Wright, explore in the first five sections of I AM MY OWN WIFE?
2. How does the play begin?
3. How is Charlotte described?
4. Why does Charlotte bring a phonograph onto the stage?
5. What information does Charlotte share about the phonograph and her record collection?
6. What poster does Charlotte point out to the audience?
7. What nuances does Charlotte relate to listening to different types of music on the phonograph?
This section contains 711 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)