|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Stasi concerned when they found out Alfred was a homosexual?
(a) He might have influenced young boys.
(b) He might be labeled mentally defective.
(c) He might have abused young boys.
(d) He might have infected others with the AIDS virus.
2. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
(a) A Lecture on the Phonograph.
(b) And the Band Played On.
(c) A Diary of Sorts.
(d) Memories and Music.
3. What gives Dieter Jorgensen clues about Charlotte's illness?
(a) Her sleeping too much.
(b) Her tics.
(c) Her storytelling.
(d) Her manic behavior.
4. The author has written the play so that how many actors portray the characters?
5. What does Doug need to believe in order to write about Charlotte?
(a) SS reports.
(b) Neighbor's stories.
(c) Alfred's transcripts.
(d) Charlotte's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following miniature pieces does Charlotte not remove from the jewelry box?
2. About what topic does Doug want to write a play?
3. What document does Alfred complete?
4. What does Doug request of Charlotte before he begins writing?
5. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)