|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
(a) A Diary of Sorts.
(b) A Lecture on the Phonograph.
(c) And the Band Played On.
(d) Memories and Music.
2. How does Charlotte end the museum tour?
(a) By turning off the phonograph.
(b) By turning off the lights.
(c) By opening the double doors.
(d) By asking for a donation.
3. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
(b) East Prussia.
4. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
(a) 10 years
(b) 4 years.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 25 years.
5. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique dishes.
(b) Rare books.
(c) Flower seeds.
(d) Antique records.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte does not know if she would have survived the horrible times in her life without what?
2. Which of the following items is Charlotte not wearing as the play opens?
3. When was the museum tavern open?
4. When does Doug have his first interview with Charlotte?
5. John Marks writes to his friend, Doug, about events in which country?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)