|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A lesbian.
(b) A spy.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A Communist.
2. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Butcher knife.
(c) Rolling pin.
3. What precious stone is in the phonograph needle?
4. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The power to overcome obstacles.
(b) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(c) The search for love.
(d) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
5. Which of the following does not describe Charlotte?
(a) Red dress.
(c) White hair.
(d) No make-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
2. Which of the following is not said about Charlotte's hands?
3. Charlotte recalls her Tante Louise telling her to be as smart as __________________.
4. For what publication does John Marks write?
5. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)