|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlotte tells Doug that her father was ______________.
(a) A criminal.
(b) A priest.
(c) An industrialist.
(d) A Nazi.
2. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The power to overcome obstacles.
(b) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
(c) The search for love.
(d) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
3. What does Doug not tell Charlotte he is studying all the time?
(a) Works of Magnus Hirschfeld.
(b) German history.
(c) Charlotte's interview tapes.
(d) Art history.
4. In the "Listening" scene, Doug tells Charlotte that he will send her _______________.
(a) Antique records.
(b) Rare books.
(c) Flower seeds.
(d) Antique dishes.
5. For how many years did Charlotte operate the tavern under the nose of the Communists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Doug?
2. Where did Charlotte's aunt live?
3. For how long is Charlotte sentenced to the Youth Prison?
4. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
5. For what publication does John Marks write?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)