|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas oilman.
(b) A Texas cattleman.
(c) A Texas lawyer.
(d) A Texas newsman.
2. Why does Dough say he is going to sell his car?
(a) He is out of grant money.
(b) He wants a newer model.
(c) He no longer needs a car.
(d) He gets a new car as part of his job.
3. Charlotte's friends and family say she is ______________.
4. What is a recurring theme in Act 1?
(a) The power to overcome obstacles.
(b) The search for love.
(c) Charlotte's love of phonographs.
(d) The terror inflicted by the Nazis.
5. What had Charlotte saved before the Russians could blow it up?
(a) A diary.
(b) A painting.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) A door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlotte's given name?
2. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
3. How does Tante Luise get Charlotte's father to leave her home?
4. Why did Charlotte recreate a tavern in the basement of her museum?
5. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)