|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John, Charlotte's file portrays her as what?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A spy.
(d) A lesbian.
2. Who is John Marks?
(a) A Texas newsman.
(b) A Texas cattleman.
(c) A Texas lawyer.
(d) A Texas oilman.
3. For what publication does John Marks write?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) U.S. News & World Report.
(d) The Washington Post.
4. What is the topic of the scene titled "Vaterland"?
(a) French history.
(b) The industrial revolution.
(c) Charlotte's boyhood.
(d) Austrian politics.
5. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
(a) Butcher knife.
(d) Rolling pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doug not take Charlotte's picture?
2. What did Charlotte's aunt never wear?
3. Into what character does Charlotte abruptly transfer?
4. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
5. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)