|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Auf Deutsch" Doug is panicked about _____________________.
(a) SS soldiers.
(b) The economy.
(c) His unlawful arrest.
(d) Not being able to understand German.
2. John would like to interview a character he has met in Germany but is afraid his editor will find the story to be __________________.
(c) Old news.
(d) Too extreme.
3. What does reporter Karl Henning ask Charlotte?
(a) If she informed on her neighbors.
(b) If she appraised antiques for the Stasi.
(c) If she informed on Alfred.
(d) If she dodged her taxes.
4. What does Charlotte show Doug in her basement?
(a) Her wine cellar.
(b) A replica of an old tavern.
(c) Old vaudeville costumes.
(d) Jewish hiding places.
5. Who provided most of the incriminating evidence against Alfred Kirscher to the Stasi organization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Doug to the interview to translate?
2. Who is Ulrike Liptsch?
3. What is the one thing that distinguishes Charlotte as a man?
4. Why does Doug return to Mahlsdorf?
5. Which of the following miniature pieces does Charlotte not remove from the jewelry box?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)