|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first scene of Act 1 is entitled ____________________________.
(a) A Lecture on the Phonograph.
(b) And the Band Played On.
(c) Memories and Music.
(d) A Diary of Sorts.
2. How old is Charlotte as the play begins?
3. While at her aunt's home, Charlotte learns the joys of ______________________.
(b) Dressing in women's clothes.
(c) Playing the violin.
4. At what time of year does Charlotte tell Doug to come to Germany?
5. Why should a Stasi file not be relied on for accuracy?
(a) Translations were not reliable.
(b) Too many people had access to them.
(c) Spies infiltrated the document room.
(d) Agents had quotas and supervisors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides information about Charlotte and Alfred's clock sales to the Stasi?
2. With what does Charlotte kill her father?
3. Where do Charlotte and Alfred get the clocks they sell to American soldiers?
4. What document does Alfred complete?
5. Doug is impressed by Charlotte's ______________________________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)