* I AM MY OWN WIFE is a one-man show detailing the life of celebrated and reviled transvestite, Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
* As the play opens, Charlotte is a man of sixty-five who wears a black house dress, a scarf and a strand of pearls.
* Charlotte has a large antique phonograph and she launches into a lecture about Edison's invention of the phonograph.
* Charlotte claims to have over 15,000 records in her collection.
* Charlotte's character transitions into John Marks, a newsman in his thirties who is a reporter with the U.S. News & World Report.
* John contacts his friend, Doug Wright, regarding a person Doug may be interested in writing about--Charlotte von Mahlsdorf.
* Doug and John meet Charlotte at her museum, Gr'nderzeit Museum, which is a museum of everyday items.
* Charlotte produces miniature replicas of furniture and household items from a velvet jewelry box and explains the significance of each...
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)