|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Malala's family learn was the man that shot her in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) Ataullah Khan.
(b) Rehman Malik.
(c) Ghulam Qamar.
2. Who decided he would rather stay home with Malala when the boys' schools reopened in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
3. How much money did the governor give to Ziauddin for Malala's treatment in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) 1 million rupees.
(b) 10,000 rupees.
(c) 100,000 rupees.
(d) 50,000 rupees.
4. What does Malala describe as the only valuable possessions her family owned when they left Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(a) Their car, pigs, and suitcases.
(b) Their stocks, bonds, and cash.
(c) Their TV, refrigerator, and washing machine.
(d) Their jewels, passports, and car.
5. Who was the Muslim chaplain that greeted Malala when she awoke from the coma in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
(b) Asia Bibi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Malala's schoolmates was shot twice, in the collarbone and palm, when Malala was shot?
2. When Malala was shot, her father was at the Swat Press Club for a meeting of what organization?
3. What was the name of the teddy bear that Dr. Fiona brought to Malala in intensive care in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
4. Where in England was Malala transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Chapter 22: "Journey into the Unknown"?
5. How much money did the Americans give as "blood money" for the civilians that Raymond Davis shot, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Malala awaken from the medically induced coma she was placed in, in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”? What were Malala's impressions when she awoke?
2. How does Malala describe her return to school in the Epilogue: “One Child, One Teacher, One Book, One Pen”? What are Malala's views on returning home?
3. Who claimed responsibility for the shooting of Malala? Why did they claim this action was committed?
4. How does Malala describe her in England in the Epilogue: “One Child, One Teacher, One Book, One Pen”? Do you think that Malala is happy there?
5. What aspects of American or European culture does Malala describe as having influenced her in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
6. Where was Malala taken after she was shot in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”? How did Ziauddin learn of the shooting?
7. How does Malala describe the Pakistani response to the news of the U.S. assassination of Osama bin Laden in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
8. When did the monsoons hit Malala's valley in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”? What caused the monsoons?
9. What occurred on Malala's fourteenth birthday in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”? How did the respond?
10. Why did Malala's family leave their home in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”? Where did they go?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)