|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Pakistan's interior minister that visited Malala in the hospital?
(a) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(b) Rehman Malik.
(c) Salman Taseer.
(d) Usman Bhai Jan.
2. On what date was a peace deal struck between the Taliban and the provincial government in Malala's area in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
(a) October 16, 2012.
(b) January, 3, 2009.
(c) February 16, 2009.
(d) October 8, 2007.
3. What does "IDP" refer to in Malala's narrative?
(a) Illegitimate deputy powers.
(b) Internationally distressed persons.
(c) Internally displaced persons.
(d) Individually disputed problems.
4. Who was Malala's teacher that came to school hysterical over a dream she'd had about Malala in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Miss Ulfat.
(c) Madam Maryam.
(d) Miss Shazia.
5. Where was Khushal attending school in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”?
(b) Spal Bandi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Malala when she says she stopped growing at age thirteen?
2. Who was Fazlullah's spokesman that the Pakistan army claimed to have in custody in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
3. How much money did the Americans give as "blood money" for the civilians that Raymond Davis shot, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
4. Who was the neurosurgeon that first examined Malala at the hospital in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
5. What is the name of the political party that Altaf Hussain led in 2012?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the gunman that shot Malala? Who was captured and held by law enforcement after the shooting?
2. When did the monsoons hit Malala's valley in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”? What caused the monsoons?
3. What "omens" foreshadowed the attack on Malala in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
4. Where was Malala taken after she was shot in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”? How did Ziauddin learn of the shooting?
5. Why did Malala's family leave their home in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”? Where did they go?
6. What aspects of American or European culture does Malala describe as having influenced her in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
7. How does Malala describe the government's attempts to capture her attackers in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
8. Why was Malala not fearful for her life as she spoke out for women's education, according to her narrative in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
9. Who claimed responsibility for the shooting of Malala? Why did they claim this action was committed?
10. When did Malala's family first discover a public threat on Malala's life in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)