|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the British foreign minister that visited Malala in the hospital in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) William Hague.
(b) Paullo Coelho.
(c) Adam Ellick.
(d) Martin Niemöller.
2. In the Pashtun folk story that features Gul Makai, what is the name of the boy she is in love with?
(c) Musa Khan.
(d) Usman Bhai Jan.
3. Who was the Christian woman that was sentenced to death by hanging in November of 2010 for insulting the Muslim faith, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(b) Asia Bibi.
(c) Tor Pekai.
(d) Benazir Bhutto.
4. What language did Malala's blog for the BBC appear in?
5. What was the name of the militant group that Raymond Davis was supposedly investigating, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(b) Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj.
(d) Aden-Abyan Islamic Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who submitted Malala's name for consideration for the international peace price of KidsRights in 2011?
2. What television station invited Malala's family to Karachi in January of 2012?
3. What hospital was Malala taken to in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
4. What word does Malala use in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?” to describe "devils"?
5. What does "IDP" refer to in Malala's narrative?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Malala unaccompanied by her brother when she was shot in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
2. When did Malala awaken from the medically induced coma she was placed in, in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”? What were Malala's impressions when she awoke?
3. How does Malala describe the government's attempts to capture her attackers in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
4. What surgeries and treatment did Malala receive during her recovery in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
5. Where was Malala taken after she was shot in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”? How did Ziauddin learn of the shooting?
6. Who claimed responsibility for the shooting of Malala? Why did they claim this action was committed?
7. What did Ziauddin encounter when he arrived at the hospital in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
8. How does Malala describe "Beyond the Call of Duty" in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
9. What aspects of American or European culture does Malala describe as having influenced her in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
10. Who was the gunman that shot Malala? Who was captured and held by law enforcement after the shooting?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)