|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the only two people arrested after Malala's shooting?
(a) The surgeon and the ambulance driver.
(b) The shooter and the get-away driver.
(c) The school bus driver and the school accountant.
(d) The robber and the custodian.
2. What hospital was Malala taken to in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Rawalpindi Central Hospital.
(b) The Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
(c) The Shayatin Regional Hospital.
(d) The Combined Military Hospital.
3. What day was designated as Malala Day by the United Nations?
(a) September 12.
(b) August 15.
(c) July 12.
(d) November 10.
4. Who was Ziauddin's friend that worked for the BBC in Peshawar in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
(a) Saidu Sharif.
(b) Saeed Ramzan.
(c) Abdul Hai Kakar.
(d) Azaday Khan.
5. At what age are girls considered to be adults in Islam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the political party that Altaf Hussain led in 2012?
2. Who did Ziauddin pass his phone to when the school called him about the shooting of the school bus in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
3. What was the first novel that Malala read during her hospital recovery in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
4. Where were Fazlullah's headquarters that the Pakistan army destroyed in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
5. What is the approximate population of Karachi today?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Malala awaken from the medically induced coma she was placed in, in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”? What were Malala's impressions when she awoke?
2. How did Malala's father respond when he discovered Malala's life was threatened in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”? How did Malala respond?
3. What incident led to the controversy surrounding Ziauddin's school in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
4. How does Malala describe her feelings about being short in the beginning of Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”? How have Malala's opinions changed in this regard?
5. How did Malala go about returning to school in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
6. How does Malala describe her in England in the Epilogue: “One Child, One Teacher, One Book, One Pen”? Do you think that Malala is happy there?
7. What secret was Malala forced to keep in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”? Why?
8. Why was Malala unaccompanied by her brother when she was shot in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
9. How does Malala describe "Beyond the Call of Duty" in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
10. What surgeries and treatment did Malala receive during her recovery in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)