|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Christian woman that was sentenced to death by hanging in November of 2010 for insulting the Muslim faith, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(a) Tor Pekai.
(b) Benazir Bhutto.
(d) Asia Bibi.
2. Who was the head of military operations in Swat that visited Ziauddin and reported on Malala's condition in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
(a) Major General Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Major General Rehman Malik.
(c) Major General Mohammad Baba.
(d) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
3. On what date did Malala's family leave the Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(a) October 16, 2012.
(b) May 5, 2009.
(c) October 8, 2007.
(d) January, 3, 2009.
4. What is the name of Malala's uncle whose home her family stayed at in Karshat in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(a) Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Sharafat Ali.
(c) Saidu Sharif.
(d) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
5. Where did the van driver take Malala and the other girls after they'd been shot in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Jamia Hafsa Regional Hospital.
(b) Kandahar Central Hospital.
(c) Swat Central Hospital.
(d) Malakand Regional Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Malala's mother begin taking lessons with to learn to read and write in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
2. Who carried out the surgery to repair Malala's facial nerves in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
3. What is the name of the law in Pakistan that protects the Holy Quran from desecration?
4. Who was Pakistan's president that visited Malala in the hospital in England in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
5. What American video journalist did Ziauddin meet from the New York Times to interview him in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident led to the controversy surrounding Ziauddin's school in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
2. How does Malala describe the government's attempts to capture her attackers in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
3. Why was Malala unaccompanied by her brother when she was shot in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
4. What aspects of American or European culture does Malala describe as having influenced her in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
5. How does Malala describe her filming for the New York Times in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
6. How does Malala describe her return to the school and classes in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
7. Why was Malala taken out of the country in Chapter 22: "Journey into the Unknown"? Where was she taken?
8. How does Malala describe "Beyond the Call of Duty" in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
9. How does Malala describe her return to school in the Epilogue: “One Child, One Teacher, One Book, One Pen”? What are Malala's views on returning home?
10. How did Malala's father respond when he discovered Malala's life was threatened in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”? How did Malala respond?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)