|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A toy cell phone.
(b) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(c) A Barbie doll.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. What organization claimed responsibility for the shooting of Malala Yousafzai?
(a) Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan.
(b) Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami.
(c) The Taliban.
3. What does the word "sabar" mean, as described in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
4. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
5. What is the word that Malala's people use to describe hashish?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people in Pakistan lost their homes as a result of the earthquake described in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
2. What was the Richter Scale ranking of the earthquake that destroyed Malala's region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
3. What Shakespearean play did Malala write a sketch about based on corruption in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
4. On what date does Malala describe the earthquake occurring that devastated her region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake” ?
5. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are your perceptions of Swat Valley based on Malala's descriptions of the region in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
2. What reasoning does Malala give for why Pashtun's don't say thank you in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
3. What customs regarding women in the village does Malala describe in Chapter 4: “The Village”?
4. How does Malala describe the tribal feuds within the Swat Valley in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
5. How does Malala describe the history of the Swat Valley in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”? What is Swat's relationship to Pakistan?
6. What is one example of a contradiction in Malala's descriptions of herself in the autobiography?
7. What is the story that Malala relates of Shabana in Chapter 12: “The Bloody Square”?
8. How were girls' schools impacted by the spread of the Taliban in 2008-2009, according to Malala in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
9. How does Malala describe her first impressions of the Taliban members that began appearing in her village in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
10. When does Malala describe the traditional celebration for the birth of a child in Chapter 4: “The Village”? Why did Malala's family not have a celebration for her birth?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)