|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A toy cell phone.
(b) A Barbie doll.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A Cabbage Patch doll.
2. What does the word "sabar" mean, as described in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
3. Who wrote The Satanic Verses?
(a) Salman Rushdie.
(b) Paullo Coelho.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) Akbar Khan.
4. What is the name of Ziauddin's friend who had become a government official in Peshawar and warned everyone about militant mullahs in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
(a) Abdul Rashid.
(b) Abdul Hai Kakar.
(c) Shabbaz Sharif.
5. What was the name of the school that Ziauddin founded?
(a) The Khushal School.
(b) Shawar Zangay.
(c) Haji Baba High School.
(d) The Moniba School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
2. When did General Musharraf seize power of Pakistan through a military coup d'etat?
3. During what years was General Zia President of Pakistan?
4. What landmark in Mingora became known as "Bloody Square" during the Taliban's occupation of the Swat District?
5. What is the name of Malala's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Malala describe the differences within the Muslim faith in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
2. What extracurricular activities did Malala participate in while in school in Pakistan?
3. How did the culture of Pakistan change under the rule of General Musharraf, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
4. What reasoning does Malala give for why Pashtun's don't say thank you in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
5. Where did Malala's family go for the Eid holiday in Chapter 4: “The Village”? How is this village described?
6. What is one example of a contradiction in Malala's descriptions of herself in the autobiography?
7. What conflict did Malala encounter with her religious teacher in Chapter 10: "Toffees, Tennis Balls and the Buddhas of Swat”? How did Malala's father advise her?
8. How does Malala illustrate the loyalty of her friendships in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
9. How does Malala describe the role of competition within her friendships in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
10. What led Malala to begin stealing her childhood friend's toys in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)