|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malala describe as the only valuable possessions her family owned when they left Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(a) Their stocks, bonds, and cash.
(b) Their jewels, passports, and car.
(c) Their TV, refrigerator, and washing machine.
(d) Their car, pigs, and suitcases.
2. What mountain does Malala describe in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley” as "where Alexander the Great had reached up and touched Jupiter"?
(a) Mount Shasta.
(b) Mount Elum.
(c) Mount Lahore.
(d) Mount Shangla.
3. What is the approximate population of Karachi today?
(a) 17 million.
(b) 23 million.
(c) 15 million.
(d) 10 million.
4. Where did Anne Frank's family hide in an attic during Nazi occupation?
5. Where did the van driver take Malala and the other girls after they'd been shot in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Kandahar Central Hospital.
(b) Swat Central Hospital.
(c) Jamia Hafsa Regional Hospital.
(d) Malakand Regional Hospital.
6. On what date did Malala have her first trip outside of the hospital in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) October 16, 2012.
(b) October 18, 2013.
(c) December 6, 2012.
(d) February 16, 2009.
7. How much money did the Americans give as "blood money" for the civilians that Raymond Davis shot, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(a) $4.5 million.
(b) $5.3 million.
(c) $1.6 million.
(d) $2.3 million.
8. What hospital was Malala taken to in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Rawalpindi Central Hospital.
(b) The Shayatin Regional Hospital.
(c) The Combined Military Hospital.
(d) The Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
9. Who did Malala's family learn was the man that shot her in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) Ataullah Khan.
(c) Rehman Malik.
(d) Ghulam Qamar.
10. What American video journalist did Ziauddin meet from the New York Times to interview him in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
(a) Adam Ellick.
(b) Paullo Coelho.
(c) Martin Niemöller.
(d) Richard Irving.
11. Who carried out the surgery to repair Malala's facial nerves in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) Dr. Fiona.
(b) Dr. Richard Irving.
(c) Dr. Mumtaz.
(d) Colonel Junaid.
12. What is the title of Part III of Malala's autobiography?
(a) The Valley of Death.
(b) Between Life and Death.
(c) I Am Afraid.
(d) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
13. What language did Malala's blog for the BBC appear in?
14. Who held Malala as she was unconscious and bleeding in the back of the school van in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Miss Ulfat.
(d) Asia Bibi.
15. Who was the teacher that ran the boys' school and that Malala took extra lessons with prior to her exams in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Sir Amjad.
(b) Sir Obaidullah.
(c) Sir Bhai Jan.
(d) Sir Taseer.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was a peace deal struck between the Taliban and the provincial government in Malala's area in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
2. Who was the British foreign minister that visited Malala in the hospital in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
3. Who was the foreign minister of the United Arab Emirates that visited Malala in the hospital in England during her recovery?
4. What television station invited Malala's family to Karachi in January of 2012?
5. What did Malala suggest that she and Moniba should pretend to be while they were on their school trip to Marghazar in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)