|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the van driver take Malala and the other girls after they'd been shot in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Kandahar Central Hospital.
(b) Malakand Regional Hospital.
(c) Swat Central Hospital.
(d) Jamia Hafsa Regional Hospital.
2. Who did Ziauddin pass his phone to when the school called him about the shooting of the school bus in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Akbar Khan.
(b) Ahmad Shah.
(c) Saeed Ramzan.
(d) Saidu Sharif.
3. When did Malala take a school trip to Marghazar in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
(a) March, 2011.
(b) August, 2009.
(c) April, 2012.
(d) September, 2003.
4. Who submitted Malala's name for consideration for the international peace price of KidsRights in 2011?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) President Barack Obama.
5. What were the Muslim refugees from India called in Karachi, according to Malala in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”?
6. Who did Malala's family learn was the man that shot her in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) Ghulam Qamar.
(c) Rehman Malik.
(d) Ataullah Khan.
7. What neurosurgeon was brought in to assist when Malala's skull was operated on to release pressure from her swelling brain in Peshawar?
(a) Dr. Fiona.
(b) Dr. Baba.
(c) Dr. Mumtaz.
(d) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
8. Who was the school assistant that announced when the bus arrived to take Malala and the other students home from school in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(b) Usman Bhai Jan.
(c) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(d) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
9. What is the approximate population of Karachi today?
(a) 15 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 17 million.
(d) 23 million.
10. What hospital was Malala taken to in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) The Shayatin Regional Hospital.
(b) The Combined Military Hospital.
(c) Rawalpindi Central Hospital.
(d) The Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
11. On what date did Malala awaken from her coma in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
(a) October 16, 2012.
(b) February 16, 2009.
(c) May 5, 2009.
(d) October 22, 2012.
12. When Fazlullah was convinced to reinstate education for girls in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace,” he allowed girls to attend school until they were what age?
13. What does the name "Gul Makai" translate to in English?
14. The television correspondent Mehboob that called Ziauddin in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization” was the nephew of whom?
(a) Zahid Khan.
(b) Saeed Ramzan.
(c) Azaday Khan.
(d) Akbar Khan.
15. How much money did the Americans give as "blood money" for the civilians that Raymond Davis shot, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(a) $1.6 million.
(b) $5.3 million.
(c) $4.5 million.
(d) $2.3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who held Malala as she was unconscious and bleeding in the back of the school van in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
2. Who is the author of The Alchemist?
3. Where in England was Malala transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Chapter 22: "Journey into the Unknown"?
4. What does the term "purdah" refer to in Malala's story?
5. What is the title of Part IV of the autobiography?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)