|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was a peace deal struck between the Taliban and the provincial government in Malala's area in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
(a) February 16, 2009.
(b) January, 3, 2009.
(c) October 8, 2007.
(d) October 16, 2012.
2. On what date did Malala have her first trip outside of the hospital in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) October 16, 2012.
(b) December 6, 2012.
(c) October 18, 2013.
(d) February 16, 2009.
3. What cousin of Malala's did her family meet up with in Abbottabad in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
4. What is the title of Part IV of the autobiography?
(a) I Am Afraid.
(b) Between Life and Death.
(c) Beyond the Call of Duty.
(d) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
5. What does the term "purdah" refer to in Malala's story?
(c) Female seclusion.
6. What neurosurgeon was brought in to assist when Malala's skull was operated on to release pressure from her swelling brain in Peshawar?
(a) Dr. Fiona.
(b) Dr. Baba.
(c) Dr. Mumtaz.
(d) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
7. What was the title of Malala's first blog entry for the BBC as Gul Makai?
(a) The Valley of Death.
(b) A Second Life.
(c) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
(d) I Am Afraid.
8. Which of Malala's schoolmates was shot twice, in the collarbone and palm, when Malala was shot?
9. Which of Malala's brothers does she refer to as "the chatterbox" in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
10. What is the name of the law in Pakistan that protects the Holy Quran from desecration?
(a) The Purity Law.
(b) The Deity Law.
(c) The Purdah Law.
(d) The Blasphemy Law.
11. What does the term "sharia" translate to in English?
(b) Female seclusion.
12. What is the name of Malala's family village that they were making their way to after leaving the Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(b) Jamia Hafsa.
13. How old was Malala when she was shot?
14. When Fazlullah was convinced to reinstate education for girls in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace,” he allowed girls to attend school until they were what age?
15. What does the name "Gul Makai" translate to in English?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Malala awaken from her coma in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
2. Who was the governor of Punjab in November of 2010?
3. Who did Malala's family learn was the man that shot her in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
4. Who decided he would rather stay home with Malala when the boys' schools reopened in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
5. At what age are girls considered to be adults in Islam?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)