|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anne Frank's family hide in an attic during Nazi occupation?
2. Who was the Muslim chaplain that greeted Malala when she awoke from the coma in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
(d) Asia Bibi.
3. Who did Malala's mother begin taking lessons with to learn to read and write in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Madam Maryam.
(b) Miss Hammeda.
(c) Miss Ulfat.
(d) Miss Shazia.
4. Who was Malala's teacher that came to school hysterical over a dream she'd had about Malala in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Miss Ulfat.
(c) Miss Shazia.
(d) Madam Maryam.
5. Who were the only two people arrested after Malala's shooting?
(a) The surgeon and the ambulance driver.
(b) The school bus driver and the school accountant.
(c) The robber and the custodian.
(d) The shooter and the get-away driver.
6. Who was the Christian woman that was sentenced to death by hanging in November of 2010 for insulting the Muslim faith, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(b) Tor Pekai.
(c) Benazir Bhutto.
(d) Asia Bibi.
7. What is the name of the law in Pakistan that protects the Holy Quran from desecration?
(a) The Blasphemy Law.
(b) The Deity Law.
(c) The Purdah Law.
(d) The Purity Law.
8. Who was Pakistan's interior minister that visited Malala in the hospital?
(a) Rehman Malik.
(b) Salman Taseer.
(c) Usman Bhai Jan.
(d) Sher Mohammad Baba.
9. What is the title of Part IV of the autobiography?
(a) Beyond the Call of Duty.
(b) Between Life and Death.
(c) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
(d) I Am Afraid.
10. Who initially agreed to blog for the BBC before her father found out and forbade her in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
(b) Asia Bibi.
11. Who did Ziauddin pass his phone to when the school called him about the shooting of the school bus in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) Saeed Ramzan.
(b) Ahmad Shah.
(c) Akbar Khan.
(d) Saidu Sharif.
12. What is the name of Malala's family village that they were making their way to after leaving the Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(d) Jamia Hafsa.
13. Who was the teacher that ran the boys' school and that Malala took extra lessons with prior to her exams in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Sir Obaidullah.
(b) Sir Taseer.
(c) Sir Bhai Jan.
(d) Sir Amjad.
14. Who was the van driver on Malala's school trip to Marghazar in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
(a) Sir Amjad.
(b) Miss Shazia.
(c) Usman Bhai Jan.
(d) Sir Obaidullah.
15. Who oversaw Malala's transfer to an army hospital in Rawalpindi in Chapter 22: "Journey into the Unknown"?
(a) Dr. Mumtaz.
(b) Dr. Baba.
(c) Dr. Fiona.
(d) Dr. Richard Irving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ziauddin's friend that worked for the BBC in Peshawar in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
2. Who carried out the surgery to repair Malala's facial nerves in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
3. Who was the British foreign minister that visited Malala in the hospital in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
4. What language did Malala's blog for the BBC appear in?
5. Who decided he would rather stay home with Malala when the boys' schools reopened in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)