|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What high school was bombed by a suicide bomber in Malala's town on February 28, 2008?
(a) Jamia Hafsa High School.
(b) Spal Bandi High School.
(c) Haji Baba High School.
(d) Shawar Zangay.
2. Where did the dancer Shabana live in Mingora?
(b) Banr Bazaar.
(d) Spal Bandi.
3. What is the name of Malala's father?
4. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
5. About how many schools had been destroyed by the Taliban at the end of 2008?
6. Where was Jehanzeb College located that Ziauddin hoped to attend in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Saidu Sharif.
(c) Jamia Hafsa.
7. What was the Richter Scale ranking of the earthquake that destroyed Malala's region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
8. What Indian children's series was Malala's favorite program when her family got a television in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(a) Shaka Laka Boom Boom.
(b) A Second Life.
(c) Beyond the Call of Duty.
(d) Between Life and Death.
9. Who was Malala's headmistress at school that told the students not to listen to the Radio Mullah in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
(a) Miss Ulfat.
(b) Miss Hammeda.
(c) Madam Maryam.
(d) Miss Shazia.
10. Who wrote the poem about Nazi Germany that Ziauddin carried in his pocket, according to Malala in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) Isaac Hertz.
(b) Martin Niemöller.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) Saidu Sharif.
11. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
(a) The fifth day.
(b) The seventh day.
(c) The second day.
(d) The third day.
12. What is the word that Malala's people use to describe hashish?
13. In what year was the nation of Pakistan created?
14. What is the name of Ziauddin's friend who had become a government official in Peshawar and warned everyone about militant mullahs in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
(a) Abdul Rashid.
(b) Abdul Hai Kakar.
(c) Shabbaz Sharif.
15. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Miss Shazia.
(c) Miss Jajai.
(d) Miss Ulfat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
2. Who was Ziauddin's friend from his village that worked as an electrician and gave Ziauddin money when he was in college?
3. Who does Malala describe as "the Frontier Gandhi" that "introduced a non-violent philosophy to our culture" in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
4. Where was Osama bin Laden living when the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center occurred?
5. In what year was Sufi Mohammad imprisoned in a round-up of militant leaders?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)