|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American young adult series does Malala describe reading with her friend Moniba in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
(a) Hunger Games.
(b) The Babysitter Club.
(c) The Lord of the Rings.
2. What is the title of Part II of I Am Malala?
(a) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
(b) Between Life and Death.
(c) I Am Afraid.
(d) The Valley of Death.
3. What is the name of Malala's mother?
(c) Benazir Bhutto.
(d) Tor Pekai.
4. During what years was Asif Zardari President of Pakistan?
5. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
(a) The third day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The fifth day.
(d) The seventh day.
6. Malala says in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born” that her father named her after a folk heroine from what culture?
(a) The Mevlevi Order.
(b) The Pashtun people.
(c) The ancient Celts.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
7. What does the word "sabar" mean, as described in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
8. What is the name of Malala's father?
9. How old was Malala's mother when she began school (and also when she quit)?
10. Who does Malala describe as "the Frontier Gandhi" that "introduced a non-violent philosophy to our culture" in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(b) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(c) Saeed Ramzan.
(d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
11. Who was the president of the Islami Jamaat-e-Talaba group when Ziauddin was in college?
(a) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(b) Faiz Mohammad.
(c) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(d) Abdul Hai Kakar.
12. What does Malka-e-Noor's name mean in English?
(c) Rose petal.
(d) Queen of Light.
13. Who wrote the letter that Ziauddin kept framed outside of his office, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
(d) Mahatma Gandhi.
14. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
(c) Asia Bibi.
15. How many people in Pakistan lost their homes as a result of the earthquake described in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
(a) About 1 million.
(b) About 1.3 million.
(c) About 2.5 million.
(d) About 3.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was accused of being part of a plot to blow up Musharraf ’s convoy in Rawalpindi in December 2003?
2. What was the name of Nasir Pacha's wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
3. How old does Malala say she was when the Taliban came to the valley where her family lived in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
4. Where was Osama bin Laden living when the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center occurred?
5. What is the national language of Pakistan?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)