|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ziauddin's former college rival that became a journalist in Islamabad and organized a conference on the Taliban situation in Swat?
(a) Akbar Khan.
(b) Azaday Khan.
(c) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(d) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
2. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
3. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Jamia Hafsa.
(b) Spal Bandi.
4. Where were the women of the "Burqa Brigade" from, according to Malala in Chapter 10: "Toffees, Tennis Balls and the Buddhas of Swat”?
(b) Spal Bandi.
(c) Jamia Hafsa.
5. What Indian children's series was Malala's favorite program when her family got a television in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(a) Beyond the Call of Duty.
(b) Shaka Laka Boom Boom.
(c) A Second Life.
(d) Between Life and Death.
6. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
7. What was the first school blown up by the Taliban that Malala describes in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) Usman Bhai Jan.
(b) Faiz Mohammad.
(c) Salman Taseer.
(d) Shawar Zangay.
8. What does the word "sabar" mean, as described in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
9. Who became Ziauddin's mentor and lent him money so that he could attend college?
(a) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(b) Saeed Ramzan.
(c) Akbar Khan.
(d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
10. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
11. What speech disorder did Malala's father struggle with when he was young?
(c) A stutter.
(d) A lisp.
12. What does Malala say the population of Pakistan is today in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
(a) 80 million.
(b) 100 million.
(c) 180 million.
(d) 120 million.
13. Who was Malala's headmistress at school that told the students not to listen to the Radio Mullah in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Miss Ulfat.
(c) Miss Shazia.
(d) Madam Maryam.
14. What is the name of Malala's father?
15. What high school was bombed by a suicide bomber in Malala's town on February 28, 2008?
(a) Jamia Hafsa High School.
(b) Haji Baba High School.
(c) Shawar Zangay.
(d) Spal Bandi High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were killed in the blast at a high school in Malala's hometown on February 28, 2008?
2. How tall was the Jehanabad Buddha outside of Mingora before the Taliban destroyed it?
3. How old does Malala say she was when the Taliban came to the valley where her family lived in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
4. How many times does Malala say her family moved by the time she was thirteen in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
5. On what date did the Taliban in Pakistan succeed in blowing the face off of the Jehanabad Buddha?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)