|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapters 23 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malala describe as "the Frontier Gandhi" that "introduced a non-violent philosophy to our culture" in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Saeed Ramzan.
(b) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(c) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(d) Sher Mohammad Baba.
2. Who was Malala's teacher that came to school hysterical over a dream she'd had about Malala in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Miss Ulfat.
(c) Miss Shazia.
(d) Madam Maryam.
3. On what date does Malala describe the earthquake occurring that devastated her region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake” ?
(a) December 6, 2012.
(b) October 8, 2005.
(c) July 12, 1997.
(d) October 18, 2007.
4. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
(a) Tor Pekai.
(b) Asia Bibi.
(c) Benazir Bhutto.
(d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
5. Who was Ziauddin's friend that worked for the BBC in Peshawar in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
(a) Abdul Hai Kakar.
(b) Saeed Ramzan.
(c) Saidu Sharif.
(d) Azaday Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
2. How does Malala define the term "mufti" in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
3. Who held Malala as she was unconscious and bleeding in the back of the school van in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
4. What does Malala describe as the class she struggled most with in school in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
5. The television correspondent Mehboob that called Ziauddin in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization” was the nephew of whom?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)