|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapters 23 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the school that Ziauddin founded?
(a) Haji Baba High School.
(b) The Moniba School.
(c) Shawar Zangay.
(d) The Khushal School.
2. On what date did Malala have her first trip outside of the hospital in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) February 16, 2009.
(b) December 6, 2012.
(c) October 18, 2013.
(d) October 16, 2012.
3. What was the name of the militant group that Raymond Davis was supposedly investigating, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(b) Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj.
(d) Aden-Abyan Islamic Army.
4. What was the first novel that Malala read during her hospital recovery in Chapter 24: “They Have Snatched Her Smile”?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) A Wrinkle in Time.
5. Where did Sher Zaman take work when he did not attend college, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) The village pharmacy.
(b) The British Army.
(c) The village butcher shop.
(d) The village mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Malala say her family moved by the time she was thirteen in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
2. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
3. Where did Raymond Davis shoot and kill two men who had approached his car on a motorbike in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
4. What does the word "sabar" mean, as described in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
5. Who was the Muslim chaplain that greeted Malala when she awoke from the coma in Chapter 23: “The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham”?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)