|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Chapters 23 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Malala when she says she stopped growing at age thirteen?
2. How tall was the Jehanabad Buddha outside of Mingora before the Taliban destroyed it?
(a) 23 feet tall.
(b) 34 feet tall.
(c) 12 feet tall.
(d) 10 feet tall.
3. How much money did the governor give to Ziauddin for Malala's treatment in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) 100,000 rupees.
(b) 10,000 rupees.
(c) 1 million rupees.
(d) 50,000 rupees.
4. How many times per day does Malala say her mother prays in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
5. What hospital was Malala taken to in Peshawar in Chapter 21: “God, I Entrust Her to You”?
(a) The Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
(b) The Shayatin Regional Hospital.
(c) The Combined Military Hospital.
(d) Rawalpindi Central Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American video journalist did Ziauddin meet from the New York Times to interview him in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
2. What were the Muslim refugees from India called in Karachi, according to Malala in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”?
3. Where did the dancer Shabana live in Mingora?
4. What years comprised the Soviet War in Afghanistan?
5. At whose home did Malala's family spend their first night after leaving the Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)