|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 19 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Malala's family village that they were making their way to after leaving the Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(a) Jamia Hafsa.
2. Who was the teacher that ran the boys' school and that Malala took extra lessons with prior to her exams in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Sir Amjad.
(b) Sir Obaidullah.
(c) Sir Bhai Jan.
(d) Sir Taseer.
3. On what date did Benazir Bhutto return to Pakistan after nine years in exile?
(a) October 8, 2005.
(b) October 16, 2012.
(c) October 18, 2007.
(d) January, 3, 2009.
4. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
(a) The seventh day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The fifth day.
(d) The third day.
5. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian children's series was Malala's favorite program when her family got a television in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
2. What is the approximate population of Karachi today?
3. Who was the van driver on Malala's school trip to Marghazar in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
4. How many times does Malala say her family moved by the time she was thirteen in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
5. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)