|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 19 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
2. What Shakespearean play did Malala write a sketch about based on corruption in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
3. Who was accused of being part of a plot to blow up Musharraf ’s convoy in Rawalpindi in December
(a) Saeed Ramzan.
(b) Abdul Rashid.
(c) Akbar Khan.
(d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
4. What years comprised the Soviet War in Afghanistan?
5. In the Pashtun folk story that features Gul Makai, what is the name of the boy she is in love with?
(c) Usman Bhai Jan.
(d) Musa Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Benazir Bhutto return to Pakistan after nine years in exile?
2. On what date did Malala's first blog entry as Gul Makai appear publicly?
3. What is the name of Malala's family village that they were making their way to after leaving the Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
4. Who was the school assistant that announced when the bus arrived to take Malala and the other students home from school in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
5. What word does Malala use in Chapter 4: “The Village” to refer to her culture's evening prayers?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)