|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 19 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
2. During what years was Asif Zardari President of Pakistan?
3. Who did Malala's mother begin taking lessons with to learn to read and write in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Madam Maryam.
(c) Miss Ulfat.
(d) Miss Shazia.
4. What was the name of the militant group that Raymond Davis was supposedly investigating, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(a) Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj.
(d) Aden-Abyan Islamic Army.
5. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the speech that Malala's father used in the speech contest that he won as a young man in Chapter 2: “My Father the Falcon”?
2. What is the name of Ziauddin's friend who had become a government official in Peshawar and warned everyone about militant mullahs in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
3. What is the name of the village where Malala Yousafzai born?
4. During what years was General Zia President of Pakistan?
5. What American young adult series does Malala describe reading with her friend Moniba in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)