|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 15 - Part III: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the mufti that tried to shut down Ziauddin's school?
(a) Saeed Ramzan.
(b) Akbar Khan.
(c) Salman Rushdie.
2. When Malala's family returned to the Swat Valley in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows,” how long had they been away?
(a) About 2 months.
(b) About 6 months.
(c) About 1 year.
(d) About 3 months.
3. How old was Malala's mother when she began school (and also when she quit)?
4. Who was the president of the Islami Jamaat-e-Talaba group when Ziauddin was in college?
(a) Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(c) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(d) Abdul Hai Kakar.
5. Who was Malala's chemistry teacher in high school in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) Miss Hammeda.
(b) Sir Obaidullah.
(c) Miss Ulfat.
(d) Sir Amjad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Malala says that her ancestors arrived in Swat in what century in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
2. Who was Fazlullah's spokesman that the Pakistan army claimed to have in custody in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
3. How many people were killed as a result of the earthquake described by Malala in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
4. What does Malala describe as the class she struggled most with in school in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
5. What mountain does Malala describe in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley” as "where Alexander the Great had reached up and touched Jupiter"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)