|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 15 - Part III: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
(a) Tor Pekai.
(b) Asia Bibi.
(c) Benazir Bhutto.
(d) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
2. Where did Anne Frank's family hide in an attic during Nazi occupation?
3. What mountain does Malala describe in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley” as "where Alexander the Great had reached up and touched Jupiter"?
(a) Mount Elum.
(b) Mount Lahore.
(c) Mount Shangla.
(d) Mount Shasta.
4. What does the word "sabar" mean, as described in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
5. What organization claimed responsibility for the shooting of Malala Yousafzai?
(a) The Taliban.
(c) Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami.
(d) Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malala's family returned to the Swat Valley in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows,” how long had they been away?
2. What landmark in Mingora became known as "Bloody Square" during the Taliban's occupation of the Swat District?
3. What is the national language of Pakistan?
4. What is the name of Malala's uncle whose home her family stayed at in Karshat in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
5. On what date did Benazir Bhutto return to Pakistan after nine years in exile?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)