|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 15 - Part III: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
(d) Asia Bibi.
2. Who wrote The Satanic Verses?
(a) Salman Rushdie.
(b) Akbar Khan.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) Paullo Coelho.
3. What was the name of Nasir Pacha's wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
4. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
5. On what date does Malala describe the earthquake occurring that devastated her region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake” ?
(a) July 12, 1997.
(b) December 6, 2012.
(c) October 18, 2007.
(d) October 8, 2005.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part II of I Am Malala?
2. What does Malala say she wanted to be while all her friends wanted to be doctors in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
3. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
4. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
5. What does Malka-e-Noor's name mean in English?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)