|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapter 15 - Part III: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Malala's blog for the BBC appear in?
2. Who was Ziauddin's former college rival that became a journalist in Islamabad and organized a conference on the Taliban situation in Swat?
(a) Akbar Khan.
(b) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(c) Azaday Khan.
(d) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
3. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
4. During what years was Asif Zardari President of Pakistan?
5. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pakistan's prime minister announce that the Taliban had been cleared out, according to Malala in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
2. What does Malala say the population of Pakistan is today in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
3. When was Malala Yousafzai born?
4. Where were the women of the "Burqa Brigade" from, according to Malala in Chapter 10: "Toffees, Tennis Balls and the Buddhas of Swat”?
5. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)