|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
(a) Miss Shazia.
(b) Miss Hammeda.
(c) Miss Ulfat.
(d) Miss Jajai.
2. How old was Malala's mother when she began school (and also when she quit)?
3. What speech disorder did Malala's father struggle with when he was young?
(b) A lisp.
(d) A stutter.
4. What is the national language of Pakistan?
5. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
(a) The fifth day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The seventh day.
(d) The third day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favorite board game did the Taliban ban during its reign in Pakistan, according to Malala in Chapter 10: "Toffees, Tennis Balls and the Buddhas of Swat”?
2. Where were the women of the "Burqa Brigade" from, according to Malala in Chapter 10: "Toffees, Tennis Balls and the Buddhas of Swat”?
3. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
4. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
5. What does the word "badal" from Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” translate to in English?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)