|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malala describe as the class she struggled most with in school in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(b) World History.
2. What is the title of Part II of I Am Malala?
(a) Between Life and Death.
(b) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
(c) I Am Afraid.
(d) The Valley of Death.
3. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
4. In what year was the nation of Pakistan created?
5. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the letter that Ziauddin kept framed outside of his office, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
2. Who was the local cleric in Ziauddin's home village that died as a result of the earthquake in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
3. On what date does Malala describe the earthquake occurring that devastated her region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake” ?
4. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
5. Where did the dancer Shabana live in Mingora?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)