|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the dancer Shabana live in Mingora?
(a) Banr Bazaar.
(d) Spal Bandi.
2. What is the title of Part II of I Am Malala?
(a) Between Life and Death.
(b) The Valley of Death.
(c) I Am Afraid.
(d) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
3. Who wrote the speech that Malala's father used in the speech contest that he won as a young man in Chapter 2: “My Father the Falcon”?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His daughter.
4. What was the name of Ziauddin's older brother who worked for years as a teacher at a local school in the village in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Abdul Rashid.
(c) Saeed Ramzan.
(d) Usman Bhai Jan.
5. What is the name of Ziauddin's friend who had become a government official in Peshawar and warned everyone about militant mullahs in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
(b) Abdul Rashid.
(c) Shabbaz Sharif.
(d) Abdul Hai Kakar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malala describe as the class she struggled most with in school in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
2. What does Malala say the population of Pakistan is today in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
3. Malala says that her ancestors arrived in Swat in what century in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
4. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
5. What magical object did the character Sanju have on Malala's favorite childhood television show?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)