|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 11 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was accused of being part of a plot to blow up Musharraf ’s convoy in Rawalpindi in December
(a) Abdul Rashid.
(b) Saeed Ramzan.
(c) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(d) Akbar Khan.
2. When was the dancer Shabana killed by the Taliban?
(a) June, 2009.
(b) January, 2009.
(c) September, 2008.
(d) May, 2009.
3. What was the Richter Scale ranking of the earthquake that destroyed Malala's region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
4. Where did the dancer Shabana live in Mingora?
(a) Spal Bandi.
(c) Banr Bazaar.
5. Where did Sher Zaman take work when he did not attend college, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) The village butcher shop.
(b) The village pharmacy.
(c) The British Army.
(d) The village mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
2. What is the name of Malala's cousin that she shared a room with so that the cousin could attend school in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
3. On what date did the Taliban in Pakistan succeed in blowing the face off of the Jehanabad Buddha?
4. What two denominations comprise Islam?
5. Who wrote the letter that Ziauddin kept framed outside of his office, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)