|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” as having said, "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes"?
(a) Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Mahatma Gandhi.
(c) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. In what year was Sufi Mohammad imprisoned in a round-up of militant leaders?
3. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
4. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(c) A Barbie doll.
(d) A toy cell phone.
5. Who was the philanthropist that Ziauddin got to pay for him to produce leaflets about educating the poor in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(a) Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Azaday Khan.
(c) Colonel Junaid.
(d) Shabbaz Sharif.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ziauddin's friend who had become a government official in Peshawar and warned everyone about militant mullahs in Chapter 9: “Radio Mullah”?
2. How many people were killed as a result of the earthquake described by Malala in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
3. What is the name of Malala's teacher whose husband had been killed by the Taliban while working as a police officer in Matta in Chapter 10: "Toffees, Tennis Balls and the Buddhas of Swat”?
4. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
5. How does Malala define the term "mufti" in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)