|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years comprised the Soviet War in Afghanistan?
2. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
(a) The third day.
(b) The second day.
(c) The fifth day.
(d) The seventh day.
3. In what year was Sufi Mohammad imprisoned in a round-up of militant leaders?
4. What magical object did the character Sanju have on Malala's favorite childhood television show?
(a) A magic pencil.
(b) A magic carpet.
(c) A magic stove.
(d) A magic brush.
5. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A Barbie doll.
(b) A toy cell phone.
(c) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(d) A teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people in Pakistan lost their homes as a result of the earthquake described in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
2. What did Malala's father believe to be the root of all of Pakistan's problems, according to Malala in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
3. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
4. What Indian children's series was Malala's favorite program when her family got a television in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
5. What was the name of Nasir Pacha's wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)