|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A toy cell phone.
(c) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(d) A Barbie doll.
2. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
(b) Asia Bibi.
3. How many people in Pakistan lost their homes as a result of the earthquake described in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
(a) About 1 million.
(b) About 2.5 million.
(c) About 3.5 million.
(d) About 1.3 million.
4. What was the name of the school that Ziauddin founded?
(a) Shawar Zangay.
(b) The Khushal School.
(c) The Moniba School.
(d) Haji Baba High School.
5. On what date did the Taliban in Pakistan succeed in blowing the face off of the Jehanabad Buddha?
(a) May 5, 2009.
(b) October 8, 2007.
(c) January, 3, 2009.
(d) July 12, 1997.
Short Answer Questions
1. What speech disorder did Malala's father struggle with when he was young?
2. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
3. Where did Sher Zaman take work when he did not attend college, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
4. Who was the philanthropist that Ziauddin got to pay for him to produce leaflets about educating the poor in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
5. What is the name of Malala's father?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)