|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the school that Ziauddin founded?
(a) The Khushal School.
(b) Haji Baba High School.
(c) Shawar Zangay.
(d) The Moniba School.
2. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(b) Spal Bandi.
(d) Jamia Hafsa.
3. What is the name of the village where Malala Yousafzai born?
(a) Spal Bandi.
4. How many times per day does Malala say her mother prays in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
5. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
2. Under General Zia's Presidency in Pakistan, how much weight were judges supposed to give to a woman's testimony compared to the testimony of a man?
3. What years comprised the Soviet War in Afghanistan?
4. What does Malka-e-Noor's name mean in English?
5. Who was the philanthropist that Ziauddin got to pay for him to produce leaflets about educating the poor in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)