|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Malala's mother?
(a) Benazir Bhutto.
(c) Tor Pekai.
2. Who is quoted in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” as having said, "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes"?
(a) Faiz Mohammad.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
3. What is the name of Malala's father?
4. What was the name of Ziauddin's older brother who worked for years as a teacher at a local school in the village in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Usman Bhai Jan.
(b) Saeed Ramzan.
(c) Abdul Rashid.
(d) Faiz Mohammad.
5. What is the name of Malala's cousin that she shared a room with so that the cousin could attend school in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(c) Asia Bibi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "badal" from Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” translate to in English?
2. What did Malala's father believe to be the root of all of Pakistan's problems, according to Malala in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
3. When was Malala Yousafzai born?
4. What word does Malala use in Chapter 4: “The Village” to refer to her culture's evening prayers?
5. What are the names of Malala's younger brothers?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)