|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years comprised the Soviet War in Afghanistan?
2. What speech disorder did Malala's father struggle with when he was young?
(c) A stutter.
(d) A lisp.
3. What was the name of Ziauddin's older brother who worked for years as a teacher at a local school in the village in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Abdul Rashid.
(b) Faiz Mohammad.
(c) Saeed Ramzan.
(d) Usman Bhai Jan.
4. Who was the president of the Islami Jamaat-e-Talaba group when Ziauddin was in college?
(a) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(b) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(c) Faiz Mohammad.
(d) Abdul Hai Kakar.
5. How old was Malala's mother when she began school (and also when she quit)?
Short Answer Questions
1. Malala says in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born” that her father named her after a folk heroine from what culture?
2. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
3. How many times per day does Malala say her mother prays in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
4. What is the name of Malala's father?
5. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)