|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
(a) The seventh day.
(b) The fifth day.
(c) The third day.
(d) The second day.
2. Who became Ziauddin's mentor and lent him money so that he could attend college?
(a) Akbar Khan.
(b) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(c) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(d) Saeed Ramzan.
3. Who does Malala describe as "the Frontier Gandhi" that "introduced a non-violent philosophy to our culture" in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(b) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(c) Saeed Ramzan.
(d) Sher Mohammad Baba.
4. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
(d) Asia Bibi.
5. Who wrote the letter that Ziauddin kept framed outside of his office, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Mahatma Gandhi.
(c) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Ziauddin's older brother who worked for years as a teacher at a local school in the village in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
2. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
3. During what years was General Zia President of Pakistan?
4. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
5. Malala says in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born” that her father named her after a folk heroine from what culture?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)