|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
2. What speech disorder did Malala's father struggle with when he was young?
(c) A lisp.
(d) A stutter.
3. Who wrote the speech that Malala's father used in the speech contest that he won as a young man in Chapter 2: “My Father the Falcon”?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
4. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
5. What was the name of Nasir Pacha's wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under General Zia's Presidency in Pakistan, how much weight were judges supposed to give to a woman's testimony compared to the testimony of a man?
2. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
3. Malala says that her ancestors arrived in Swat in what century in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
4. What is the name of Malala's mother?
5. When was Malala Yousafzai born?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)