|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malala's father believe to be the root of all of Pakistan's problems, according to Malala in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Government corruption.
(b) Lack of natural resources.
(c) Lack of education.
2. What is the name of Malala's mother?
(a) Tor Pekai.
(c) Benazir Bhutto.
3. Malala says in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born” that her father named her after a folk heroine from what culture?
(a) The ancient Greeks.
(b) The Pashtun people.
(c) The ancient Celts.
(d) The Mevlevi Order.
4. What was the name of Ziauddin's older brother who worked for years as a teacher at a local school in the village in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Saeed Ramzan.
(b) Usman Bhai Jan.
(c) Faiz Mohammad.
(d) Abdul Rashid.
5. What is the name of the village where Malala Yousafzai born?
(d) Spal Bandi.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Malala Yousafzai born?
2. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
3. During what years was General Zia President of Pakistan?
4. Malala says that her ancestors arrived in Swat in what century in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
5. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)