|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 19 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term "sharia" translate to in English?
(d) Female seclusion.
2. Where did Anne Frank's family hide in an attic during Nazi occupation?
3. What was the name of the militant group that Raymond Davis was supposedly investigating, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
(a) Aden-Abyan Islamic Army.
(d) Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj.
4. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
5. What was the Richter Scale ranking of the earthquake that destroyed Malala's region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Malala's brothers does she refer to as "the chatterbox" in Chapter 16: “The Valley of Sorrows”?
2. Who is the author of The Alchemist?
3. When was Malala Yousafzai born?
4. Who did Malala's mother begin taking lessons with to learn to read and write in Chapter 20: “Who Is Malala?”
5. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)