|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 19 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Malala's first blog entry as Gul Makai appear publicly?
(a) October 18, 2007.
(b) December 6, 2012.
(c) January, 3, 2009.
(d) October 8, 2005.
2. What does Malala describe as the only valuable possessions her family owned when they left Swat Valley in Chapter 15: “Leaving the Valley”?
(a) Their jewels, passports, and car.
(b) Their stocks, bonds, and cash.
(c) Their car, pigs, and suitcases.
(d) Their TV, refrigerator, and washing machine.
3. When Fazlullah was convinced to reinstate education for girls in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace,” he allowed girls to attend school until they were what age?
4. What does "IDP" refer to in Malala's narrative?
(a) Internally displaced persons.
(b) Illegitimate deputy powers.
(c) Individually disputed problems.
(d) Internationally distressed persons.
5. When did Malala take a school trip to Marghazar in Chapter 19: “A Private Talibanization”?
(a) April, 2012.
(b) August, 2009.
(c) March, 2011.
(d) September, 2003.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were killed in the blast at a high school in Malala's hometown on February 28, 2008?
2. What does the term "sharia" translate to in English?
3. What word does Malala use in Chapter 4: “The Village” to refer to her culture's evening prayers?
4. Who was Malala's kindergarten teacher?
5. In what year was Sufi Mohammad imprisoned in a round-up of militant leaders?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)