|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malka-e-Noor's name mean in English?
(b) Queen of Light.
(c) Rose petal.
2. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A Barbie doll.
(c) A toy cell phone.
(d) A Cabbage Patch doll.
3. Where was Jehanzeb College located that Ziauddin hoped to attend in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Jamia Hafsa.
(b) Saidu Sharif.
4. Who was the philanthropist that Ziauddin got to pay for him to produce leaflets about educating the poor in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(a) Shabbaz Sharif.
(b) Colonel Junaid.
(c) Faiz Mohammad.
(d) Azaday Khan.
5. Who is Malala's best friend and academic rival that she describes as being constantly on guard, fearful that her brothers would find her guilty of some infraction and make her stop attending school?
(d) Asia Bibi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Malala Yousafzai born?
2. How many times does Malala say her family moved by the time she was thirteen in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
3. In what year was the nation of Pakistan created?
4. Who was Ziauddin's friend from his village that worked as an electrician and gave Ziauddin money when he was in college?
5. What was the name of Ziauddin's older brother who worked for years as a teacher at a local school in the village in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)