|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What speech disorder did Malala's father struggle with when he was young?
(b) A stutter.
(d) A lisp.
2. When was Malala Yousafzai born?
(a) October 18, 1998.
(b) October 8, 1995.
(c) July 12, 1997.
(d) May 5, 1997.
3. Who was Ziauddin's friend from his village that worked as an electrician and gave Ziauddin money when he was in college?
(b) Sharafat Ali.
(c) Abdul Rashid.
(d) Shabbaz Sharif.
4. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A toy cell phone.
(b) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A Barbie doll.
5. What word does Malala use in Chapter 4: “The Village” to refer to her culture's evening prayers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Malala's father?
2. On what day of a newborn child's life does the family traditionally celebrate in Malala's culture?
3. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
4. What is the name of the festival celebrated yearly to commemorate the killing of the Prophet’s grandson Hussein Ibn Ali?
5. What did Malala's father believe to be the root of all of Pakistan's problems, according to Malala in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)