|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
(a) Benazir Bhutto.
(b) Tor Pekai.
(c) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(d) Asia Bibi.
2. What was the Richter Scale ranking of the earthquake that destroyed Malala's region in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
3. Who is quoted in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” as having said, "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes"?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Mahatma Gandhi.
(c) Faiz Mohammad.
(d) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
4. What two denominations comprise Islam?
(a) Sunnis and Shias.
(b) Shaivists and Vaishnavists.
(c) Shaktis and Devis.
(d) Serbs and Croats.
5. When did General Musharraf seize power of Pakistan through a military coup d'etat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization for equal rights for Pashtuns did Ziauddin become general secretary of while he was in college?
2. What is the Pashtun word for "falcon" that Malala's father used for a time as his last name?
3. How many times per day does Malala say her mother prays in Chapter 1: “A Daughter is Born”?
4. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
5. What percentage of Pakistanis are Muslim today, according to Malala in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)