|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the national language of Pakistan?
2. Where was Jehanzeb College located that Ziauddin hoped to attend in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Jamia Hafsa.
(c) Saidu Sharif.
3. In the Pashtun folk story that features Gul Makai, what is the name of the boy she is in love with?
(a) Musa Khan.
(d) Usman Bhai Jan.
4. Who decided he would rather stay home with Malala when the boys' schools reopened in Chapter 14: “A Funny Kind of Peace”?
5. What organization for equal rights for Pashtuns did Ziauddin become general secretary of while he was in college?
(a) The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
(b) The Pakhtoon Students Federation.
(c) The Bengali Students Equality Forum.
(d) The Vital Voices Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Malala's mother when she began school (and also when she quit)?
2. Who was the first female prime minister of Pakistan?
3. Who was the philanthropist that Ziauddin got to pay for him to produce leaflets about educating the poor in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
4. Who is quoted in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” as having said, "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes"?
5. Where did Sher Zaman take work when he did not attend college, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)