|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name "Gul Makai" translate to in English?
2. What does Malala say she wanted to be while all her friends wanted to be doctors in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) A politician.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An actress.
(d) An inventor.
3. How many people were killed as a result of the earthquake described by Malala in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
4. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A Barbie doll.
(b) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A toy cell phone.
5. What was the title of Malala's first blog entry for the BBC as Gul Makai?
(a) I Am Afraid.
(b) A Second Life.
(c) The Valley of Death.
(d) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the local cleric in Ziauddin's home village that died as a result of the earthquake in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
2. What does the word "badal" from Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” translate to in English?
3. Who is quoted in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” as having said, "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes"?
4. What American video journalist did Ziauddin meet from the New York Times to interview him in Chapter 13: “The Diary of Gul Makai”?
5. What does the word "Eid" translate to from Arabic?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)