|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malala's father believe to be the root of all of Pakistan's problems, according to Malala in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
(a) Lack of natural resources.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Government corruption.
2. About how many schools had been destroyed by the Taliban at the end of 2008?
3. Who wrote the poem about Nazi Germany that Ziauddin carried in his pocket, according to Malala in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) Saidu Sharif.
(b) Isaac Hertz.
(c) Martin Niemöller.
(d) Mahatma Gandhi.
4. What two denominations comprise Islam?
(a) Sunnis and Shias.
(b) Serbs and Croats.
(c) Shaktis and Devis.
(d) Shaivists and Vaishnavists.
5. Who does Malala describe as "the Frontier Gandhi" that "introduced a non-violent philosophy to our culture" in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Sher Mohammad Baba.
(b) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(c) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(d) Saeed Ramzan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became Ziauddin's mentor and lent him money so that he could attend college?
2. What does Malala say the population of Pakistan is today in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
3. When did General Musharraf seize power of Pakistan through a military coup d'etat?
4. How many people in Pakistan lost their homes as a result of the earthquake described in Chapter 8: “The Autumn of the Earthquake”?
5. What was the name of Nasir Pacha's wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)