|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Pashtun folk story that features Gul Makai, what is the name of the boy she is in love with?
(a) Usman Bhai Jan.
(d) Musa Khan.
2. What was the title of Malala's first blog entry for the BBC as Gul Makai?
(a) Three Girls, Three Bullets.
(b) A Second Life.
(c) I Am Afraid.
(d) The Valley of Death.
3. What organization for equal rights for Pashtuns did Ziauddin become general secretary of while he was in college?
(a) The Vital Voices Organization.
(b) The Bengali Students Equality Forum.
(c) The Pakhtoon Students Federation.
(d) The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.
4. How does Malala define the term "mufti" in Chapter 7: “The Mufti Who Tried to Close Our School”?
(a) A female midwife.
(b) A secular student.
(c) A governmental inspector.
(d) An Islamic scholar and authority on Islamic law.
5. Who wrote the letter that Ziauddin kept framed outside of his office, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) Major General Ghulam Qamar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ziauddin live with Nasir Pacha and his wife in Chapter 3: “Growing Up in a School”?
2. Who was the president of the Islami Jamaat-e-Talaba group when Ziauddin was in college?
3. When did General Musharraf seize power of Pakistan through a military coup d'etat?
4. Where did Anne Frank's family hide in an attic during Nazi occupation?
5. During what years was Asif Zardari President of Pakistan?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)