|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 17 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark in Mingora became known as "Bloody Square" during the Taliban's occupation of the Swat District?
(a) Green Gardens.
(b) White Square.
(c) Green Square.
(d) Silver Lake.
2. When was the dancer Shabana killed by the Taliban?
(a) September, 2008.
(b) June, 2009.
(c) May, 2009.
(d) January, 2009.
3. What does Malala describe as the class she struggled most with in school in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(d) World History.
4. What high school was bombed by a suicide bomber in Malala's town on February 28, 2008?
(a) Spal Bandi High School.
(b) Haji Baba High School.
(c) Jamia Hafsa High School.
(d) Shawar Zangay.
5. Who was Ziauddin's friend from his village that worked as an electrician and gave Ziauddin money when he was in college?
(b) Shabbaz Sharif.
(c) Abdul Rashid.
(d) Sharafat Ali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television station invited Malala's family to Karachi in January of 2012?
2. Who submitted Malala's name for consideration for the international peace price of KidsRights in 2011?
3. What does Malka-e-Noor's name mean in English?
4. How much money did the Americans give as "blood money" for the civilians that Raymond Davis shot, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
5. What is the national language of Pakistan?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)