|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 17 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem about Nazi Germany that Ziauddin carried in his pocket, according to Malala in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) Isaac Hertz.
(b) Martin Niemöller.
(c) Mahatma Gandhi.
(d) Saidu Sharif.
2. What Shakespearean play did Malala write a sketch about based on corruption in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
3. What were the Muslim refugees from India called in Karachi, according to Malala in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”?
4. During what years was Asif Zardari President of Pakistan?
5. What Indian children's series was Malala's favorite program when her family got a television in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(a) Shaka Laka Boom Boom.
(b) Between Life and Death.
(c) A Second Life.
(d) Beyond the Call of Duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the dancer Shabana killed by the Taliban?
2. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
3. About how many schools had been destroyed by the Taliban at the end of 2008?
4. What does the word "badal" from Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” translate to in English?
5. What was the first school blown up by the Taliban that Malala describes in Chapter 11: “The Clever Class”?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)