|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 17 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Khushal attending school in Chapter 18: “The Woman and the Sea”?
(b) Spal Bandi.
2. Where did Sher Zaman take work when he did not attend college, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) The village butcher shop.
(b) The British Army.
(c) The village pharmacy.
(d) The village mosque.
3. What magical object did the character Sanju have on Malala's favorite childhood television show?
(a) A magic brush.
(b) A magic pencil.
(c) A magic carpet.
(d) A magic stove.
4. What is the approximate population of Karachi today?
(a) 17 million.
(b) 15 million.
(c) 10 million.
(d) 23 million.
5. Who was Ziauddin's former college rival that became a journalist in Islamabad and organized a conference on the Taliban situation in Swat?
(a) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
(b) Azaday Khan.
(c) Ihsan ul-Haq Haqqani.
(d) Akbar Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were killed in the blast at a high school in Malala's hometown on February 28, 2008?
2. Who wrote the letter that Ziauddin kept framed outside of his office, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
3. During what years was Asif Zardari President of Pakistan?
4. Where was Osama bin Laden living when the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center occurred?
5. When was the dancer Shabana killed by the Taliban?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)