|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 17 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Malala's cousin that she shared a room with so that the cousin could attend school in Chapter 6: “Children of the Rubbish Mountain”?
(a) Asia Bibi.
2. Who submitted Malala's name for consideration for the international peace price of KidsRights in 2011?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) President Barack Obama.
(c) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(d) Mahatma Gandhi.
3. What toy did Malala believe her friend Safina had stolen from her in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) A toy cell phone.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A Cabbage Patch doll.
(d) A Barbie doll.
4. What does the word "badal" from Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You” translate to in English?
5. Where did Sher Zaman take work when he did not attend college, according to Malala in Chapter 5 : “Why I Don’t Wear Earrings and Pashtuns Don’t Say Thank You”?
(a) The village mosque.
(b) The British Army.
(c) The village butcher shop.
(d) The village pharmacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the militant group that Raymond Davis was supposedly investigating, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
2. What does Malka-e-Noor's name mean in English?
3. How many people were killed in the blast at a high school in Malala's hometown on February 28, 2008?
4. Who was Ziauddin's friend from his village that worked as an electrician and gave Ziauddin money when he was in college?
5. How much money did the Americans give as "blood money" for the civilians that Raymond Davis shot, according to Malala in Chapter 17: “Praying to Be Tall”?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)