|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
3. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
4. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
5. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Several times in the novel, Robert questions why he bothers to go on living. Why do you think he does? Do you think he is afraid of death? Do you think his religious convictions keep him from committing suicide, even after all he's seen?
Essay Topic 3
In the early chapters, alcohol serves several purposes for Robert. Most often, it is a way of escape. What do you think Robert is trying to escape other than the vampires? Does the alcohol do what Robert wants it to do, or does it just cause more problems? Why?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)