|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
2. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
4. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
5. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose served by burning the bodies of the infected? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Do you think it serves its purpose well, or is it pretty much useless? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ben and Robert's relationship before Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship right after Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship later in the novel. How does the relationship change? Is there anything about it that remains the same? Compare and contrast these three stages in Ben and Robert's relationship.
Essay Topic 3
I Am Legend is rife with symbolism. Recall.the chapters and choose two symbols to write about. What does that object symbolize? Why do you think it is used in that manner? How many times in the book is the symbol mentioned? Is it possible that the symbol represents more than one thing? If so, what? If not, why not? Answer the questions for each symbol.
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)