|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
3. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
4. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
5. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
Essay Topic 1
Robert visits his wife's crypt feeling about as low as he possibly can. He throws a sleeping vampire out of the crypt and onto the grass. When he emerges from the crypt, he finds the vampire dead. Astonished, he realizes that sunlight kills vampires. This raises his spirits, and he is excited to test his new weapon. What is the significance of sunlight and its ability to destroy vampires? Why does Robert get so excited? Why is this discovery so important to him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
All fiction is based on conflict and this conflict is presented in a structured format called the plot. Identify the plot of "I Am Legend." How do the events taking place in the novel revolve around this plot? Is it possible to have more than one plot? Does"I Am Legend have more than one plot? If so, what is the other plot(s)? Pick two characters other than Robert and explain their importance to the plot.
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)