|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
2. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
3. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
5. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
2. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
3. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
5. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
6. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
9. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
10. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert's grief and horror at Kathy's death and burial leads him to take drastic action when Virginia dies. What does he do? What are the repercussions of his choice? What kind of danger is he putting himself in? Was he aware of these dangers? If so, why do you think he continued going down that path? If not, why wasn't he? Was he in denial?
Essay Topic 2
Robert visits his wife's crypt feeling about as low as he possibly can. He throws a sleeping vampire out of the crypt and onto the grass. When he emerges from the crypt, he finds the vampire dead. Astonished, he realizes that sunlight kills vampires. This raises his spirits, and he is excited to test his new weapon. What is the significance of sunlight and its ability to destroy vampires? Why does Robert get so excited? Why is this discovery so important to him?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)