|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
2. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
3. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
4. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
5. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
2. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
4. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
5. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
6. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
7. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
8. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
9. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
10. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Taking into consideration Robert's lack of companionship, why is it important for him to keep a schedule? What might happen if he just drifts through his day? What does a schedule do to keep Robert going? Why would he even bother with no one to work for or live for? Does he have any purpose in life now that his loved ones are gone? If so, what is it? If not, what might serve that purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Robert becomes a veritable scientist in his effort to understand the plague and its results better. Why do you think he works so hard when there is nobody left to save? What purpose do his efforts serve?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)