|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
2. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
5. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Robert's "germ theory" goes a long way to explain a lot about the vampires, but it doesn't answer everything. How does Robert think the disease spread? Is this a valid hypothesis? Why or why not? Could there be other ways the disease could spread? If so, give some examples. If not, explain why you think Robert's idea is the only valid way the disease could spread. Why is this theory important to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ben and Robert's relationship before Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship right after Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship later in the novel. How does the relationship change? Is there anything about it that remains the same? Compare and contrast these three stages in Ben and Robert's relationship.
Essay Topic 3
In the early chapters, alcohol serves several purposes for Robert. Most often, it is a way of escape. What do you think Robert is trying to escape other than the vampires? Does the alcohol do what Robert wants it to do, or does it just cause more problems? Why?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)