|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
3. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
4. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
5. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
2. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
4. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
5. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
6. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
9. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
10. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose served by burning the bodies of the infected? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Do you think it serves its purpose well, or is it pretty much useless? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the author chooses vampires as the villains of the novel? What do vampires represent in the story?
Essay Topic 3
After his close call when his watch stopped, Robert tears down his mural. Why does he do this? What did the mural represent? Does he tear the mural down because he sees that it is only a representation of what he wants and will likely never have again? Do you think this event opened his eyes to that fact?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)