|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
2. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
3. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
4. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
2. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
3. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
4. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
6. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
7. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
8. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
9. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
10. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert becomes a veritable scientist in his effort to understand the plague and its results better. Why do you think he works so hard when there is nobody left to save? What purpose do his efforts serve?
Essay Topic 2
When Robert meets Ruth, he is wary and has not even the slightest interest in her romantically. Do you think Robert's trust in humans is permanently damaged? He doesn't seem to know whom to trust, if anyone. How do you think he might recover that trust?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the various legends associated with vampires. What practical application might these legends serve? For example, the legend about vampires sleeping all day and only coming out at night might be a crafty way parents in any era might have kept their children from staying out after dark and exposing themselves to very real dangers. You may apply your chosen legend and application to current or past times when hypothesizing its purpose.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)