|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
2. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
3. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
4. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
5. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
2. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
3. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
4. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
5. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
6. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
7. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
8. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
9. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
10. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose served by burning the bodies of the infected? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Do you think it serves its purpose well, or is it pretty much useless? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
Essay Topic 3
Robert visits his wife's crypt feeling about as low as he possibly can. He throws a sleeping vampire out of the crypt and onto the grass. When he emerges from the crypt, he finds the vampire dead. Astonished, he realizes that sunlight kills vampires. This raises his spirits, and he is excited to test his new weapon. What is the significance of sunlight and its ability to destroy vampires? Why does Robert get so excited? Why is this discovery so important to him?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)