|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
2. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
4. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
5. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
2. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
3. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
4. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
5. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
6. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
7. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
8. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
9. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Taking into consideration Robert's lack of companionship, why is it important for him to keep a schedule? What might happen if he just drifts through his day? What does a schedule do to keep Robert going? Why would he even bother with no one to work for or live for? Does he have any purpose in life now that his loved ones are gone? If so, what is it? If not, what might serve that purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Robert becomes a veritable scientist in his effort to understand the plague and its results better. Why do you think he works so hard when there is nobody left to save? What purpose do his efforts serve?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)