|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
2. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
4. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
5. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
2. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
3. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
4. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
5. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
6. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
9. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
10. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Robert meets Ruth, he is wary and has not even the slightest interest in her romantically. Do you think Robert's trust in humans is permanently damaged? He doesn't seem to know whom to trust, if anyone. How do you think he might recover that trust?
Essay Topic 2
I Am Legend is rife with symbolism. Recall.the chapters and choose two symbols to write about. What does that object symbolize? Why do you think it is used in that manner? How many times in the book is the symbol mentioned? Is it possible that the symbol represents more than one thing? If so, what? If not, why not? Answer the questions for each symbol.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)