|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
2. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
3. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
4. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
5. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
5. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
6. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
7. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
8. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
9. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
10. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert becomes a veritable scientist in his effort to understand the plague and its results better. Why do you think he works so hard when there is nobody left to save? What purpose do his efforts serve?
Essay Topic 2
I Am Legend is rife with symbolism. Recall.the chapters and choose two symbols to write about. What does that object symbolize? Why do you think it is used in that manner? How many times in the book is the symbol mentioned? Is it possible that the symbol represents more than one thing? If so, what? If not, why not? Answer the questions for each symbol.
Essay Topic 3
Several times in the novel, Robert questions why he bothers to go on living. Why do you think he does? Do you think he is afraid of death? Do you think his religious convictions keep him from committing suicide, even after all he's seen?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)