Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
2. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
5. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Robert thinks back on his father and their relationship several times during the novel. Why do you think Robert is examining the relationship so closely now that his father is no longer around? What makes Robert's current situation such a perfect setup for analyzing past relationships?
Essay Topic 2
All fiction is based on conflict and this conflict is presented in a structured format called the plot. Identify the plot of "I Am Legend." How do the events taking place in the novel revolve around this plot? Is it possible to have more than one plot? Does"I Am Legend have more than one plot? If so, what is the other plot(s)? Pick two characters other than Robert and explain their importance to the plot.
Essay Topic 3
After his close call when his watch stopped, Robert tears down his mural. Why does he do this? What did the mural represent? Does he tear the mural down because he sees that it is only a representation of what he wants and will likely never have again? Do you think this event opened his eyes to that fact?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)