|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
2. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
3. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
4. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
5. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In the early chapters, alcohol serves several purposes for Robert. Most often, it is a way of escape. What do you think Robert is trying to escape other than the vampires? Does the alcohol do what Robert wants it to do, or does it just cause more problems? Why?
Essay Topic 3
When Robert meets Ruth, he is wary and has not even the slightest interest in her romantically. Do you think Robert's trust in humans is permanently damaged? He doesn't seem to know whom to trust, if anyone. How do you think he might recover that trust?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)