Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
2. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
5. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
When Robert meets Ruth, he is wary and has not even the slightest interest in her romantically. Do you think Robert's trust in humans is permanently damaged? He doesn't seem to know whom to trust, if anyone. How do you think he might recover that trust?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose served by burning the bodies of the infected? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Do you think it serves its purpose well, or is it pretty much useless? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Taking into consideration Robert's lack of companionship, why is it important for him to keep a schedule? What might happen if he just drifts through his day? What does a schedule do to keep Robert going? Why would he even bother with no one to work for or live for? Does he have any purpose in life now that his loved ones are gone? If so, what is it? If not, what might serve that purpose?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)