|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
2. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
3. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
4. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
5. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert thinks back on his father and their relationship several times during the novel. Why do you think Robert is examining the relationship so closely now that his father is no longer around? What makes Robert's current situation such a perfect setup for analyzing past relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ben and Robert's relationship before Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship right after Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship later in the novel. How does the relationship change? Is there anything about it that remains the same? Compare and contrast these three stages in Ben and Robert's relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the author chooses vampires as the villains of the novel? What do vampires represent in the story?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)