|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
2. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
3. Robert paints his living room wall in Part I, Chapter 6. What does it look like?
4. Ben is in what when Robert goes to his house in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, why were the bodies of plague victims treated the way they were?
Short Essay Questions
1. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
2. Why does Robert go to Ben's house after Virginia dies, and what does he find there?
3. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to repair his home?
5. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
6. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
7. What does Robert do in Part II, Scene ,7 after he finds out about the characteristics of garlic; what are the results?
8. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
9. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
10. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert thinks back on his father and their relationship several times during the novel. Why do you think Robert is examining the relationship so closely now that his father is no longer around? What makes Robert's current situation such a perfect setup for analyzing past relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Robert begins to flash back to his past. What purpose does this serve to the reader? What purpose does it serve to Robert? Are they mutually exclusive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the early chapters, alcohol serves several purposes for Robert. Most often, it is a way of escape. What do you think Robert is trying to escape other than the vampires? Does the alcohol do what Robert wants it to do, or does it just cause more problems? Why?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)