|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert resolves to either figure out how to defeat the vampires or ______________________.
2. What do the female vampires do to taunt Robert?
3. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
4. What kind of car does Robert drive?
5. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert go to Ben's house after Virginia dies, and what does he find there?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
3. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
4. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
5. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
6. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
7. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
8. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
9. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Robert begins to flash back to his past. What purpose does this serve to the reader? What purpose does it serve to Robert? Are they mutually exclusive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
All fiction is based on conflict and this conflict is presented in a structured format called the plot. Identify the plot of "I Am Legend." How do the events taking place in the novel revolve around this plot? Is it possible to have more than one plot? Does"I Am Legend have more than one plot? If so, what is the other plot(s)? Pick two characters other than Robert and explain their importance to the plot.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)