Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
3. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
5. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
6. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
9. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
Essay Topic 1
After his close call when his watch stopped, Robert tears down his mural. Why does he do this? What did the mural represent? Does he tear the mural down because he sees that it is only a representation of what he wants and will likely never have again? Do you think this event opened his eyes to that fact?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
Essay Topic 3
Robert thinks back on his father and their relationship several times during the novel. Why do you think Robert is examining the relationship so closely now that his father is no longer around? What makes Robert's current situation such a perfect setup for analyzing past relationships?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)