Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
3. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
5. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
6. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
9. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
What is foreshadowing? Are there any examples of foreshadowing in this novel? What are they? What event(s) do they foreshadow? Why is foreshadowing so important to a novel?
Consider the various legends associated with vampires. What practical application might these legends serve? For example, the legend about vampires sleeping all day and only coming out at night might be a crafty way parents in any era might have kept their children from staying out after dark and exposing themselves to very real dangers. You may apply your chosen legend and application to current or past times when hypothesizing its purpose.
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)