|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Robert wake up in Part I, Chapter 4?
2. What do the female vampires do to taunt Robert?
3. What does Robert get out of his dresser drawer after he sees the vampires destroying his personal property?
4. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
3. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
4. In Part I, Chapter 4, Robert awakens late in the morning, suffering the effects of a night of drinking too much. His feelings begin to conflict with each other, and he finally gets in his car and drives dangerously and aimlessly. Where does he end up, and what does he do while there?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, Robert recalls the day of Virginia's death. Describe his reaction in the moments directly after her death.
6. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
7. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
8. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
9. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
10. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert becomes a veritable scientist in his effort to understand the plague and its results better. Why do you think he works so hard when there is nobody left to save? What purpose do his efforts serve?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose served by burning the bodies of the infected? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages? Do you think it serves its purpose well, or is it pretty much useless? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Robert begins to flash back to his past. What purpose does this serve to the reader? What purpose does it serve to Robert? Are they mutually exclusive? Why or why not?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)