|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
2. What time does the vampire in Robert's house awaken in Part II, Chapter 7?
3. Where did Virginia and Robert consider sending Kathy in Part I, Chapter 6?
4. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
5. What is Robert afraid the vampires will destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
2. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
3. Why is the discovery of the effect that sunlight has on vampires an important turning point for Robert?
4. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
5. Robert is reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. His attention is drawn by the quote, "The strength of the vampire is that no one will believe in him." What do you think Stoker meant by this quote, and why does it seem preposterous to Robert in his present situation?
6. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
7. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
8. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
9. When Robert recalls the past in Part I, Chapter 6, what does he remember?
10. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the early chapters, alcohol serves several purposes for Robert. Most often, it is a way of escape. What do you think Robert is trying to escape other than the vampires? Does the alcohol do what Robert wants it to do, or does it just cause more problems? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ben and Robert's relationship before Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship right after Ben becomes a vampire. Describe Ben and Robert's relationship later in the novel. How does the relationship change? Is there anything about it that remains the same? Compare and contrast these three stages in Ben and Robert's relationship.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)