|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
3. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
5. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
6. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
9. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
Essay Topic 1
Taking into consideration Robert's lack of companionship, why is it important for him to keep a schedule? What might happen if he just drifts through his day? What does a schedule do to keep Robert going? Why would he even bother with no one to work for or live for? Does he have any purpose in life now that his loved ones are gone? If so, what is it? If not, what might serve that purpose?
Essay Topic 2
I Am Legend is rife with symbolism. Recall.the chapters and choose two symbols to write about. What does that object symbolize? Why do you think it is used in that manner? How many times in the book is the symbol mentioned? Is it possible that the symbol represents more than one thing? If so, what? If not, why not? Answer the questions for each symbol.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the author chooses vampires as the villains of the novel? What do vampires represent in the story?
This section contains 1,849 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)