Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
3. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
5. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
6. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
9. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
Robert becomes a veritable scientist in his effort to understand the plague and its results better. Why do you think he works so hard when there is nobody left to save? What purpose do his efforts serve?
Why does Robert think he is immune to the disease? What does he think happened that made him immune? Describe this event in detail. Do you think Robert is right, or would you expect some other explanation?
Robert visits his wife's crypt feeling about as low as he possibly can. He throws a sleeping vampire out of the crypt and onto the grass. When he emerges from the crypt, he finds the vampire dead. Astonished, he realizes that sunlight kills vampires. This raises his spirits, and he is excited to test his new weapon. What is the significance of sunlight and its ability to destroy vampires? Why does Robert get so excited? Why is this discovery so important to him?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)