|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
2. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
3. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
4. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert feels a bit of sympathy towards vampires, but he would still never __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
2. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
3. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
4. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
6. In Part I, Chapter 4, Robert awakens late in the morning, suffering the effects of a night of drinking too much. His feelings begin to conflict with each other, and he finally gets in his car and drives dangerously and aimlessly. Where does he end up, and what does he do while there?
7. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
8. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
9. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
10. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robert visits his wife's crypt feeling about as low as he possibly can. He throws a sleeping vampire out of the crypt and onto the grass. When he emerges from the crypt, he finds the vampire dead. Astonished, he realizes that sunlight kills vampires. This raises his spirits, and he is excited to test his new weapon. What is the significance of sunlight and its ability to destroy vampires? Why does Robert get so excited? Why is this discovery so important to him?
Essay Topic 2
After his close call when his watch stopped, Robert tears down his mural. Why does he do this? What did the mural represent? Does he tear the mural down because he sees that it is only a representation of what he wants and will likely never have again? Do you think this event opened his eyes to that fact?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of Robert's choice of book, Dracula" by Bram Stoker. What character do you think Robert most relates to from that novel? Why?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)