|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Rips the paper to shreds.
(b) Goes on a drinking binge.
(c) Regains his motivation.
(d) Shouts "Eureka!!"
2. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Tell him the truth.
(c) Stay with him.
3. What is wrong with the first instrument Robert obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) It is the wrong instrument for what he needs to do.
(b) It is of inferior quality.
(c) It is far too advanced for him to learn how to use it.
(d) It is broken.
4. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Germ and No Germ.
(b) Known and Unknown.
(c) Bacillus and Unknown.
(d) To Be and Not To Be.
5. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
2. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
3. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
4. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
5. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)