|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) A vampire.
(b) His neighbor Ben.
(c) His wife Virginia.
(d) A wild-eyed preacher.
2. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
3. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) The bubonic plague.
(b) Influenza pandemic.
(c) Ebola virus.
(d) The American Indian smallpox plague.
4. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(b) Blood vengeance.
(c) Intense hope.
5. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Garlic powder.
(d) Holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
2. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
3. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
5. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
2. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
3. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
4. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
5. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
6. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
7. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
8. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
9. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
10. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)