|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) The vampires destroy him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He brings a friend.
(d) He dies.
2. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(c) She politely declines.
(d) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
3. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A note of distrust.
(b) A loving note.
(c) A positive note.
(d) A blind attraction note.
4. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(b) An overabundance of white blood cells.
(c) Rotting red blood cells.
5. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Marshal law.
(c) Vigilante patrol.
(d) Yellow journalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
2. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
3. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
4. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
5. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
5. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
6. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
7. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
8. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
9. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
10. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)