|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Help her find more of her kind.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Stay by her side.
(d) Try to cure her.
2. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
(a) Taken over the town.
(b) Burned down his house.
(d) Broken down his door.
4. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(a) A new attitude.
(c) A new hobby.
(d) A new perspective.
5. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
(a) He faints.
(b) He feels as if Ben is finally free.
(c) He gets physically ill.
(d) His eyes fill with tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
2. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
3. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
4. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
5. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
2. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
5. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
6. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
7. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
8. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
9. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)