|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she will sleep with him.
(d) If she is a vampire.
2. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Marshal law.
(b) Vigilante patrol.
(d) Yellow journalism.
3. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) Twenty years older.
(b) Dirty and unkempt.
(c) Clean cut.
(d) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
4. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Tell him the truth.
5. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(b) Kill them first.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
3. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
4. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
5. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
2. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
3. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
4. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
5. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
6. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
7. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
8. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
9. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
10. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)