|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(d) He thinks it is genetic.
2. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Marshal law.
(c) Yellow journalism.
(d) Vigilante patrol.
3. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That there may be more human survivors.
(b) That the plague has burned itself out.
(c) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
(d) That the world has not turned totally evil.
4. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
5. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she is married.
(b) If she just moved to town.
(c) If she is alone.
(d) If she is infected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
3. What is wrong with the first instrument Robert obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
5. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
2. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
3. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
4. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
5. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
6. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
7. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
8. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
9. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)