|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(a) A new perspective.
(c) A new hobby.
(d) A new attitude.
2. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Punches the wall.
(c) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
(d) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
3. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) His neighbor Ben.
(b) His wife Virginia.
(c) A wild-eyed preacher.
(d) A vampire.
4. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) In bed beside him.
(b) Standing in the living room.
(d) Outside with the vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
2. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
3. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
4. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
5. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
5. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
6. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
7. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
8. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
9. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
10. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)