|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
(a) Walking in his sleep.
(b) Shouting Virginia's name.
(c) Pushing Ruth off of the bed.
(d) Calling Ruth's name.
2. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Shouts "Eureka!!"
(b) Regains his motivation.
(c) Rips the paper to shreds.
(d) Goes on a drinking binge.
3. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
(b) Waste materials in the blood.
(c) Progressing disease.
4. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That the plague has burned itself out.
(b) That there may be more human survivors.
(c) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(d) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
5. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(b) Bad housekeeper.
(c) Abusive mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
3. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
5. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
2. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
5. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
6. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
9. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
10. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)