|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(b) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(c) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(d) Another live human being.
2. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) The answer is out there.
(b) Vampires lie.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Bacteria can mutate.
3. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Help her find more of her kind.
(b) Stay by her side.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Try to cure her.
4. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) An electroscope
(d) A bioscope.
5. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Tell him the truth.
(d) Kiss him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
2. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
3. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
4. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
2. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
3. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
4. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
5. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
6. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
7. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
8. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
9. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
10. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)