|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Her broken spirit.
(c) Life's quirks.
(d) Rap music.
2. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
3. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she is a vampire.
(d) If she will sleep with him.
4. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) He brings a friend.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He dies.
(d) The vampires destroy him.
5. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) Dirty and unkempt.
(b) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
(c) Clean cut.
(d) Twenty years older.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
2. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
3. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
4. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
5. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
2. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
4. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
6. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
7. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
8. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
9. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
10. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)