|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A ham.
(d) A cigarette.
2. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) Bacteria can mutate.
(b) Trust no one.
(c) Vampires lie.
(d) The answer is out there.
3. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(a) Abusive mother.
(c) Bad housekeeper.
4. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
(a) Spray the crowd with bullets.
(c) Run away.
(d) Fight to the death.
5. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) If she dies.
(b) What they have for dinner.
(c) If she ever sees another human.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
2. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
3. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
4. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
5. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
2. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
3. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
4. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
5. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
6. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
7. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
8. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
9. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)