|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(b) Abusive mother.
(d) Bad housekeeper.
2. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) He runs away.
(b) The vampires destroy him.
(c) He dies.
(d) He brings a friend.
3. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Rap music.
(c) Life's quirks.
(d) Her broken spirit.
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) Complete ruin.
(b) New lows.
(c) The supernatural.
(d) Sin and immorality.
5. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
(a) That she has been watching him for some time.
(b) That she loves him and wants him to run away with her.
(c) That it would be better if they were all dead.
(d) That there is no hope for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
2. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
3. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
4. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
5. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
5. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
6. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
7. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
8. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
9. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)