|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Shouts "Eureka!!"
(b) Rips the paper to shreds.
(c) Goes on a drinking binge.
(d) Regains his motivation.
2. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) Vampires lie.
(b) The answer is out there.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Bacteria can mutate.
3. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To make the world a better place.
(b) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(c) To rebuild society with their kind.
(d) To rule the world.
4. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A microscope.
(b) An electroscope
(c) A bioscope.
(d) A telescope.
5. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) Skimpy lingerie.
(b) A tracking device.
(c) A tiny gold cross.
(d) A wedding ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
2. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
4. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
5. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
2. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
6. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
7. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
8. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
9. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
10. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)