|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Strikes him with a mallet.
(c) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(d) Stabs him.
2. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(d) Kill them first.
3. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) A bioscope.
(d) An electroscope
4. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) Another live human being.
(b) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(c) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(d) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
5. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she is a vampire.
(d) If she will sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
2. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
3. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
4. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
5. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
3. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
4. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
5. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
6. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
9. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
10. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)