|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) Dirty and unkempt.
(b) Twenty years older.
(c) Clean cut.
(d) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
2. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To steal his secrets.
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(a) The blind faith of cult members.
(b) Hysterical blindness.
(c) Mass suicide.
4. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
(a) She is beginning to smell bad.
(b) She gags when he shoves mashed garlic under her nose.
(c) She sleeps all day.
(d) She refuses to eat dinner with him.
5. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
2. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
3. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
4. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
5. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
2. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
3. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
4. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
6. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
7. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
8. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
9. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)