|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Tell him the truth.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Kiss him.
2. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
(c) Punches the wall.
(d) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Strength and vitality.
(b) Stakes and garlic.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) If she ever sees another human.
(b) If she dies.
(c) What they have for dinner.
5. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) New lows.
(b) Complete ruin.
(c) Sin and immorality.
(d) The supernatural.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
2. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
3. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
4. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
2. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
5. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
6. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
7. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
8. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
9. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
10. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)