|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) The American Indian smallpox plague.
(b) The bubonic plague.
(c) Influenza pandemic.
(d) Ebola virus.
2. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To steal his secrets.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To spy on him.
3. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) The dark.
(b) That his new companion has been infected.
(d) That Ben will come back to kill him.
4. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(b) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(c) He is turned into a vampire.
(d) He is invited to join the new society.
5. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she is a vampire.
(d) If she will sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
2. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
3. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
4. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
5. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
2. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
3. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
4. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
5. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
6. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
7. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
8. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
9. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
10. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)