|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If she will sleep with him.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she is a vampire.
(d) If he can test her blood.
2. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) Influenza pandemic.
(b) The bubonic plague.
(c) Ebola virus.
(d) The American Indian smallpox plague.
3. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(c) Garlic powder.
(d) Holy water.
4. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(b) To rebuild society with their kind.
(c) To rule the world.
(d) To make the world a better place.
5. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
(b) Dirty and unkempt.
(c) Clean cut.
(d) Twenty years older.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
2. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
3. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
4. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
5. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
2. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
5. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
6. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
7. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
8. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
9. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
10. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)