|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Garlic powder.
(b) Holy water.
2. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
(a) That there is no hope for them.
(b) That she has been watching him for some time.
(c) That she loves him and wants him to run away with her.
(d) That it would be better if they were all dead.
3. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) The trust of his new companion.
(b) Ben's loyalty.
(c) The lottery.
(d) A new car.
4. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) A vampire.
(b) His neighbor Ben.
(c) A wild-eyed preacher.
(d) His wife Virginia.
5. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Punches the wall.
(b) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(d) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
2. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
4. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
5. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
3. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
4. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
5. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
6. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
7. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
8. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
9. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
10. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)