|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Stay with him.
(c) Tell him the truth.
2. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
3. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Standing in the living room.
(c) In bed beside him.
(d) Outside with the vampires.
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(b) Stakes and garlic.
(c) A gun.
(d) Strength and vitality.
5. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(b) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(c) Another live human being.
(d) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
2. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
4. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
5. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
2. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
3. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
4. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
5. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
6. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
7. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
9. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
10. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)