|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
(a) Broken down his door.
(b) Burned down his house.
(d) Taken over the town.
2. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Tell him the truth.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Stay with him.
3. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) The trust of his new companion.
(b) Ben's loyalty.
(c) The lottery.
(d) A new car.
4. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Punches the wall.
(c) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(d) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
5. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Known and Unknown.
(b) To Be and Not To Be.
(c) Bacillus and Unknown.
(d) Germ and No Germ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
2. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
3. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
4. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
5. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
2. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
3. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
4. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
5. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
6. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
7. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
9. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
10. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)