|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) The bubonic plague.
(b) The American Indian smallpox plague.
(c) Ebola virus.
(d) Influenza pandemic.
2. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(a) Rotting red blood cells.
(d) An overabundance of white blood cells.
3. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Strikes him with a mallet.
(c) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(d) Shoots him.
4. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a chore.
(b) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(c) As a game.
(d) As a necessary evil.
5. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
2. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
3. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
4. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
5. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
2. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
3. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
4. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
5. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
6. In Part II, Chapter 14, what event does Robert recall during the final days of the plague? How does feel about the people involved in this event?
7. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
8. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
9. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
10. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)