|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That there may be more human survivors.
(b) That the plague has burned itself out.
(c) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(d) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
2. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Punches the wall.
(b) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
(c) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
3. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(c) Strikes him with a mallet.
(d) Shoots him.
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Stakes and garlic.
(b) A gun.
(d) Strength and vitality.
5. What is wrong with the first instrument Robert obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) It is of inferior quality.
(b) It is the wrong instrument for what he needs to do.
(c) It is far too advanced for him to learn how to use it.
(d) It is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
2. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
3. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
4. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
5. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
6. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
7. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
8. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
9. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
10. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)