|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Germ and No Germ.
(b) To Be and Not To Be.
(c) Bacillus and Unknown.
(d) Known and Unknown.
2. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(b) Rap music.
(c) Life's quirks.
(d) Her broken spirit.
3. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(b) Abusive mother.
(c) Bad housekeeper.
4. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
(c) Waste materials in the blood.
(d) Progressing disease.
5. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) Another live human being.
(b) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(c) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(d) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
2. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
3. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
4. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
5. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
2. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
5. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
6. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
7. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
8. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
9. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
10. Why does Robert think that vampires have issues with crosses, mirrors, etc.?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)