|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
(a) She is beginning to smell bad.
(b) She refuses to eat dinner with him.
(c) She gags when he shoves mashed garlic under her nose.
(d) She sleeps all day.
2. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Hugs her too tightly.
(b) Holds a cross against her skin.
(c) Draws blood.
(d) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
3. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If she is a vampire.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If he can test her blood.
(d) If she will sleep with him.
4. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To steal his secrets.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To kill him.
5. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(b) A new perspective.
(c) A new attitude.
(d) A new hobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
2. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
3. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
4. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
5. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
2. Explain what happens between Robert and the dog in Part II, Chapter 13.
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
5. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
6. How has Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman changed from the days before the plague to their current relationship in Part III, Chapter 15?
7. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
8. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
9. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
10. Why does Robert think he is immune to the vampire plague?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)