|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
(a) He cuts himself climbing over a fence.
(b) Ben Cortman scratches him.
(c) He crashes into a pole and hits his head on the steering wheel.
(d) A female vampire bites him.
2. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His shiny bald head.
(b) His tubby belly.
(c) His funny little hat.
(d) His newly grown mustache.
3. What does Robert see as he leaves in his car in Chapter 2?
(a) Two female corpses.
(b) A car blocking the road.
(c) A dog.
(d) A broken cross.
4. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 55 mph.
(b) 20 mph in the school zone.
(c) 89 mph.
(d) 110 mph.
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what event does Robert recall?
(a) The previous Christmas.
(b) The birth of his daughter.
(c) His 14th birthday.
(d) Virginia's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert realize he has forgotten when he gets to his front door in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. In place of the usual garlic wreath, Robert hangs a garland of what outside of his home to see if it, too, will affect the vampires?
3. What does Robert pack in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. As Robert drags the vampire's body into his station wagon in Part I, Chapter 4, what does he discover that strikes terror in his heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
2. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
3. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
4. In Part III, Chapter 19, what does the letter that Ruth wrote to Robert say?
5. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
6. Robert's relationship with Ruth begins with a note of distrust. Explain some of the methods Robert uses to try to detect whether Ruth is a vampire or not.
7. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
8. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
9. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
10. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)