|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) Main Street Bar and Grille.
(b) The nearest Internet cafe.
(c) The Los Angeles public library.
(d) The University of California.
2. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
3. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 89 mph.
(b) 20 mph in the school zone.
(c) 110 mph.
(d) 55 mph.
4. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
(a) A buildup of waste materials in the blood.
(b) Well, they are dead, after all.
(c) They haven't taken a shower since they became vampires.
(d) Dirty clothing.
5. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
(a) All of the answers are true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
2. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
3. Robert recalls something about the pit when he arrives at the field. What does he recall?
4. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
5. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 4, Robert awakens late in the morning, suffering the effects of a night of drinking too much. His feelings begin to conflict with each other, and he finally gets in his car and drives dangerously and aimlessly. Where does he end up, and what does he do while there?
2. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
3. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to repair his home?
4. Why is the discovery of the effect that sunlight has on vampires an important turning point for Robert?
5. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
6. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
7. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
8. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
9. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
10. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)