|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
(a) They were embalmed and given a normal funeral.
(b) They were buried in mass graves and covered with soil immediately.
(c) They were incinerated.
(d) They were taken to the morgue for autopsy.
2. What is Robert's father's name?
3. In Part I, Chapter 4, to where does Robert drive?
(a) The cemetery where Virginia is entombed.
(b) The pit in the field where Kathy was burned.
(c) The store to restock his water.
(d) To Sears to get a new table saw.
4. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) The Los Angeles public library.
(b) Main Street Bar and Grille.
(c) The University of California.
(d) The nearest Internet cafe.
5. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) Sheets of plywood.
(b) A tent.
(c) A teepee.
(d) A huge umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert feels a bit of sympathy towards vampires, but he would still never __________.
3. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
4. What do the female vampires do to taunt Robert?
5. What was Robert's daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
3. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
4. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
5. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
6. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
7. In Part II, Chapter 9, Robert recalls the day of Virginia's death. Describe his reaction in the moments directly after her death.
8. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
9. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
10. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)