|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 55 mph.
(b) 20 mph in the school zone.
(c) 89 mph.
(d) 110 mph.
2. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Tending his garden.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Chopping garlic cloves.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben has become inured to what?
(a) Horror movies.
(b) Fear of death.
(c) The daily sight of walking corpses.
4. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
(a) "The devil is our master, not the entity that the cross serves."
(b) Nothing. It just whines and snarls at him.
(c) "It is a sign of faith in something greater than us, and we fear it."
(d) "I don't know."
5. What happens to people infected in Chapter 1?
(a) They become vampires.
(b) They go into an irreversible coma.
(c) They develop ugly, scarring sores.
(d) They die quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
2. In what year was "I Am Legend" written?
3. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
4. How old is Robert?
5. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
3. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
4. Explain a typical day in Robert's life as outlined in Part I, Chapter 2.
5. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
6. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
7. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
8. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
9. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
10. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)