|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
(a) All of the answers are true.
2. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) He runs them over with his car.
(b) He shoots them through the heart.
(c) He decapitates them with an ax.
(d) He sprays them with acid.
3. What do the vampires destroy after Robert gets back into his house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Robert's stack of firewood.
(b) The mirror on the front door.
(c) Each other.
(d) The station wagon.
4. Robert resolves to either figure out how to defeat the vampires or ______________________.
(a) Ditch the whole mess, including life.
(b) Nail himself in his house and set it on fire.
(c) Move to the mountains and live off of the land.
(d) Just keep fighting.
5. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) Dazzling blue.
(b) Bright and sunny.
(c) Gray and dead.
(d) A bit cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
2. What is Robert afraid the vampires will destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
3. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
5. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
2. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
3. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
4. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
5. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
6. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
7. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
8. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
9. When Robert recalls the past in Part I, Chapter 6, what does he remember?
10. Why does Robert acquire a microscope, and what does he see once he gets it to work?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)