|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A huge smashed bug.
(b) A mural.
(c) A bloodstain.
(d) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
2. How is Robert described in Chapter 1?
(a) Red hair and green eyes.
(b) Blond hair and blue eyes.
(c) Black hair and brown eyes.
(d) Brown hair and hazel eyes.
3. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert feels a bit of sympathy towards vampires, but he would still never __________.
(a) Turn his back on one.
(b) Invite one to dinner.
(c) Let his sister marry one.
(d) Allow one to cross his threshhold.
4. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
(b) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
(c) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
(d) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
5. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
2. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
3. What do the vampires destroy after Robert gets back into his house in Part I, Chapter 5?
4. In Part II, Chapter 10, how does Robert decide he needs to study the problem?
5. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
2. In Part I, Chapter 2, Robert makes a kind of "schedule" for his day. Why is this an important step for Robert?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
4. Why is the discovery of the effect that sunlight has on vampires an important turning point for Robert?
5. Describe Robert's efforts to get in his house after his watch stops in Part I, Chapter 5.
6. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
7. In Part I, Chapter 4, Robert awakens late in the morning, suffering the effects of a night of drinking too much. His feelings begin to conflict with each other, and he finally gets in his car and drives dangerously and aimlessly. Where does he end up, and what does he do while there?
8. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
9. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
10. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)