|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
(a) Going out in a puff of smoke.
(b) There is no other way.
(c) Bleeding to death.
(d) Collapsing into a pile of bones.
2. In place of the usual garlic wreath, Robert hangs a garland of what outside of his home to see if it, too, will affect the vampires?
3. How is Robert described in Chapter 1?
(a) Blond hair and blue eyes.
(b) Red hair and green eyes.
(c) Black hair and brown eyes.
(d) Brown hair and hazel eyes.
4. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Chopping garlic cloves.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Tending his garden.
5. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A mural.
(b) A huge smashed bug.
(c) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(d) A bloodstain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
2. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
4. What does Robert get at the grocery store in Chapter 2?
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert do in Part III, Chapter 17, to show Ruth that he does trust her?
2. As Robert takes the pills that will soon end his suffering, what is he thinking?
3. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
5. How does Ruth react to Robert accusing her of being a vampire?
6. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
7. In Part III, Chapter 19, how does Robert react to Ruth's note?
8. In Part II, Chapter 11, how many types of vampires does Robert think there are? Describe the hypothesis Robert forms about these different types..
9. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert see and hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night?
10. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)