|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(b) A woman dressed in a toga.
(c) His reflection in a broken mirror.
(d) A comic book.
2. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
(a) Sleep in coffins.
(b) Turn into bats.
(c) Grow long fangs.
(d) Sleep in soil.
3. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) Let him take his mother.
(b) To not leave him alone.
(c) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(d) To kill him before the vampires did.
4. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a skull and crossbones.
(b) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(c) It is a cross.
(d) It is a rose with his wife's name.
5. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
(a) Mass suicides.
(b) Swarms of mosquitoes, flies, and sand fleas.
(c) Several major cities in the U.S. were completely destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
2. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
3. Robert recalls something about the pit when he arrives at the field. What does he recall?
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
5. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 2, Robert makes a kind of "schedule" for his day. Why is this an important step for Robert?
2. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
3. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
4. Explain a typical day in Robert's life as outlined in Part I, Chapter 2.
5. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
6. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
7. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
8. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
9. Describe Robert's efforts to get in his house after his watch stops in Part I, Chapter 5.
10. In Part I, Chapter 4, Robert awakens late in the morning, suffering the effects of a night of drinking too much. His feelings begin to conflict with each other, and he finally gets in his car and drives dangerously and aimlessly. Where does he end up, and what does he do while there?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)