|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The generator.
(b) Virginia's wedding ring.
(c) The radio.
(d) The telephone.
2. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Locks it in a closet.
(b) Binds it to a chair.
(c) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
(d) Drains all of its blood.
3. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(b) A comic book.
(c) His reflection in a broken mirror.
(d) A woman dressed in a toga.
4. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(b) The United States was bombed.
(c) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
(d) Nothing. The people were already sick.
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
(a) Unscrupulous distillers who sell diluted grain.
(b) Venal politicians.
(c) Publishers who sell literature promoting violence.
(d) Suicide bombing terrorists.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
2. What notion does Robert reject in Chapter 2?
3. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
4. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders if Mohammedan vampires are affected by what?
5. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to repair his home?
3. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
4. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
5. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
6. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
7. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
8. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
9. Why does Robert go to Ben's house after Virginia dies, and what does he find there?
10. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)