|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert's last name?
2. What is wrong with Robert when he wakes up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) He has caught the virus.
(b) He is hungover.
(c) He just wants to curl up and die.
(d) His hand is bleeding badly.
3. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
(a) Venal politicians.
(b) Publishers who sell literature promoting violence.
(c) Unscrupulous distillers who sell diluted grain.
(d) Suicide bombing terrorists.
4. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
(b) Silver bullets.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Lead pipe.
5. What notion does Robert reject in Chapter 2?
(a) That he is the last human remaining.
(b) That his car needs to be replaced.
(c) That his wife is dead.
(d) That vampires can't see themselves in mirrors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert recalls something about the pit when he arrives at the field. What does he recall?
2. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
4. On what street does Robert live?
5. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
2. Robert has decided to surrender to the new breed of vampires. What happens when he tries to do so?
3. What is Robert's reaction to Ben's death at the hands of the men in dark suits?
4. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
5. What happens when Ruth finally lets Robert draw blood from her to test?
6. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert do to vent his frustration, and what is the source of his frustration?
7. As Robert takes the pills that will soon end his suffering, what is he thinking?
8. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
9. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
10. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)