|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert resolves to either figure out how to defeat the vampires or ______________________.
(a) Ditch the whole mess, including life.
(b) Nail himself in his house and set it on fire.
(c) Just keep fighting.
(d) Move to the mountains and live off of the land.
2. Where did Virginia and Robert consider sending Kathy in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) To her cousin's family up north.
(b) To Disney Land.
(c) To the local pediatrician's office.
(d) To Virginia's mother's house.
3. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
(a) Ancient cures.
(d) Vlad the Impaler.
4. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
(b) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
(c) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
(d) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
5. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Tending his garden.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Chopping garlic cloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street does Robert live?
2. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
3. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
4. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
5. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Robert is reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. His attention is drawn by the quote, "The strength of the vampire is that no one will believe in him." What do you think Stoker meant by this quote, and why does it seem preposterous to Robert in his present situation?
2. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
3. What does Robert do in Part II, Scene ,7 after he finds out about the characteristics of garlic; what are the results?
4. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
6. In Part II, Chapter 9, Robert recalls the day of Virginia's death. Describe his reaction in the moments directly after her death.
7. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
8. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
9. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert do to vent his frustration, and what is the source of his frustration?
10. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)