|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben has become inured to what?
(a) Fear of death.
(b) The daily sight of walking corpses.
(d) Horror movies.
2. What is Robert getting at Sears?
(a) A generator.
(b) A freezer.
(c) A lawn mower.
(d) A lathe.
3. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To kill him before the vampires did.
(b) To not leave him alone.
(c) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(d) Let him take his mother.
4. What does Robert see as he leaves in his car in Chapter 2?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car blocking the road.
(c) Two female corpses.
(d) A broken cross.
5. What is Robert afraid the vampires will destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His wife's keepsakes.
(b) His generator.
(c) His satellite TV.
(d) His radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Robert?
2. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
4. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert's house smell like?
5. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert's efforts to get in his house after his watch stops in Part I, Chapter 5.
2. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
3. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
4. In Part I, Chapter 2, Robert makes a kind of "schedule" for his day. Why is this an important step for Robert?
5. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
6. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
7. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
8. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
9. Explain a typical day in Robert's life as outlined in Part I, Chapter 2.
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)