|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert discovers what system defends the body from germs?
(c) Dewey Decimal.
2. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What is Robert's father's name?
4. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At midday.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At midnight.
5. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
(a) A window.
(b) His wife.
(c) A mirror.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
2. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
3. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
4. In what war did Robert fight?
5. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
2. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
3. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
4. Robert is reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. His attention is drawn by the quote, "The strength of the vampire is that no one will believe in him." What do you think Stoker meant by this quote, and why does it seem preposterous to Robert in his present situation?
5. Describe Robert's efforts to get in his house after his watch stops in Part I, Chapter 5.
6. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
7. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
8. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
9. Why is the discovery of the effect that sunlight has on vampires an important turning point for Robert?
10. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)