|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
(b) Boogeymen; guys next door.
(c) A myth; scientific fact.
(d) Bats; men.
2. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
(a) "I'm Getting Married In The Morning."
(b) "How Dry I Am."
(c) "Beethoven's 9th Symphony."
(d) "Danke Schoen."
3. What is Robert getting at Sears?
(a) A generator.
(b) A freezer.
(c) A lawn mower.
(d) A lathe.
4. What time does Robert wake up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
5. On what street does Robert live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
2. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
3. Robert discovers what system defends the body from germs?
4. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
5. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
3. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
4. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
5. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
6. What does Robert do in Part II, Scene ,7 after he finds out about the characteristics of garlic; what are the results?
7. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
8. Robert is reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. His attention is drawn by the quote, "The strength of the vampire is that no one will believe in him." What do you think Stoker meant by this quote, and why does it seem preposterous to Robert in his present situation?
9. Why is the discovery of the effect that sunlight has on vampires an important turning point for Robert?
10. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)