|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The radio.
(b) The generator.
(c) Virginia's wedding ring.
(d) The telephone.
2. What do the vampires destroy after Robert gets back into his house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The station wagon.
(b) The mirror on the front door.
(c) Each other.
(d) Robert's stack of firewood.
3. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(b) It is a skull and crossbones.
(c) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(d) It is a cross.
4. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) Main Street Bar and Grille.
(b) The University of California.
(c) The Los Angeles public library.
(d) The nearest Internet cafe.
5. Robert resolves to either figure out how to defeat the vampires or ______________________.
(a) Nail himself in his house and set it on fire.
(b) Move to the mountains and live off of the land.
(c) Just keep fighting.
(d) Ditch the whole mess, including life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
3. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
4. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert feels a bit of sympathy towards vampires, but he would still never __________.
5. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
3. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert do to vent his frustration, and what is the source of his frustration?
4. In Part I, Chapter 2, Robert makes a kind of "schedule" for his day. Why is this an important step for Robert?
5. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
6. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
7. When Robert recalls the past in Part I, Chapter 6, what does he remember?
8. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
9. Describe Robert's efforts to get in his house after his watch stops in Part I, Chapter 5.
10. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)