|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
2. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
(a) A new chemistry set.
(b) A wing and a prayer.
(c) A female vampire.
(d) The kitchen table.
3. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
(c) The United States.
4. As Robert drags the vampire's body into his station wagon in Part I, Chapter 4, what does he discover that strikes terror in his heart?
(a) That Kathy has come back from the dead.
(b) That his watch has stopped.
(c) That he has been bitten.
(d) That he left all of his stakes at home.
5. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
(a) To win the lottery.
(b) That things would go back to the way they were before.
(c) To go home.
(d) To die peacefully and join his wife and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. What were the men wearing who took Kathy after she died?
3. On what street does Robert live?
4. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
2. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
3. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
4. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
5. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
6. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
7. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
8. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
9. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert do to vent his frustration, and what is the source of his frustration?
10. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)