|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
(a) Another, weaker vampire.
(c) A bony dog.
(d) A homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk.
2. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
(a) "How Dry I Am."
(b) "I'm Getting Married In The Morning."
(c) "Beethoven's 9th Symphony."
(d) "Danke Schoen."
3. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 89 mph.
(b) 110 mph.
(c) 55 mph.
(d) 20 mph in the school zone.
5. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
(b) Boogeymen; guys next door.
(c) A myth; scientific fact.
(d) Bats; men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
2. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
3. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
5. How old is Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
2. When Robert recalls the past in Part I, Chapter 6, what does he remember?
3. Why does Robert go to Ben's house after Virginia dies, and what does he find there?
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
6. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
7. In Part I, Chapter 4, Robert awakens late in the morning, suffering the effects of a night of drinking too much. His feelings begin to conflict with each other, and he finally gets in his car and drives dangerously and aimlessly. Where does he end up, and what does he do while there?
8. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
9. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
10. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)