|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A mural.
(b) A huge smashed bug.
(c) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(d) A bloodstain.
2. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
(a) A bony dog.
(b) Another, weaker vampire.
(c) A homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk.
3. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) That his wound hasn't healed.
(b) That his wound healed very quickly, almost too quickly.
(c) That he is somehow immune from infection.
(d) That he can't live like this forever.
4. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
(a) He is paralyzed.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is overjoyed.
5. What was Robert's reaction when the men came for Kathy's body?
(a) He screamed.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) He ran after them.
(d) He had to be dragged away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 4, to where does Robert drive?
2. As Robert is driving through the city in Chapter 2, what does he notice?
3. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
4. What is Robert afraid the vampires will destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
2. In Part I, Chapter 2, Robert makes a kind of "schedule" for his day. Why is this an important step for Robert?
3. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
4. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
5. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
6. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
7. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
8. Explain a typical day in Robert's life as outlined in Part I, Chapter 2.
9. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
10. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)