|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
(a) He smashes his glass and cuts his hand.
(b) He throws his book at the mirror, smashing it.
(c) He throws a tantrum.
(d) He smashes his glass and cuts his forehead.
2. What kind of car does Robert drive?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A station wagon.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A sports car.
3. What does Robert find himself consumed by while researching his problem in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) Nostalgia for the past.
(b) A lack of ambition.
(c) A female vampire.
(d) A swarm of mosquitoes.
4. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
(a) A large mirror.
(b) A dish.
(c) A huge, mutated insect.
(d) A recording called "The Year of the Plague."
5. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
(a) He cuts himself climbing over a fence.
(b) Ben Cortman scratches him.
(c) He crashes into a pole and hits his head on the steering wheel.
(d) A female vampire bites him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the vampire in Robert's house awaken in Part II, Chapter 7?
2. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
3. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
4. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. What was Robert's reaction when the men came for Kathy's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
2. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
3. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
4. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
6. What does Robert do in Part II, Scene ,7 after he finds out about the characteristics of garlic; what are the results?
7. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
8. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
9. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert do to vent his frustration, and what is the source of his frustration?
10. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)