|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert hear while he is contemplating the existence of vampires in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Vampires taunting him to come outside.
(b) Absolutely nothing.
(c) The roar of a car engine.
(d) Barking dogs.
2. In Part II, Chapter 9, why were the bodies of plague victims treated the way they were?
(a) To make sure they died from the vampire epidemic.
(b) To stop the spread of disease.
(c) Because they were loved and should be treated appropriately.
(d) To keep them from coming back from the dead.
3. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert's house smell like?
(b) Wet dog.
4. What is Robert getting at Sears?
(a) A freezer.
(b) A lawn mower.
(c) A lathe.
(d) A generator.
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
(a) Venal politicians.
(b) Suicide bombing terrorists.
(c) Unscrupulous distillers who sell diluted grain.
(d) Publishers who sell literature promoting violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
2. How is Robert described in Chapter 1?
3. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what event does Robert recall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to repair his home?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
3. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
4. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
5. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
6. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
7. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
8. Robert mulls over the ways vampires "die" for the final time. Describe some of the forms these deaths take and Robert's suppositions about why there are different ways of dying for vampires.
9. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
10. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)