|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(b) His reflection in a broken mirror.
(c) A comic book.
(d) A woman dressed in a toga.
2. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Boric acid.
(b) Sulfuric acid.
(c) Potassium carbonate.
(d) Alyll sulphide.
3. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Binds it to a chair.
(b) Drains all of its blood.
(c) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
(d) Locks it in a closet.
4. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
(a) Its brain.
(b) Its blood.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its solar plexus.
5. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His funny little hat.
(b) His tubby belly.
(c) His newly grown mustache.
(d) His shiny bald head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
2. In Part II, Chapter 9, what event does Robert recall?
3. Robert recalls something about the pit when he arrives at the field. What does he recall?
4. What is wrong with Robert when he wakes up in Part I, Chapter 4?
5. How old is Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
2. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
3. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
5. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
6. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
7. Robert's thoughts have a particular theme in Part I, Chapter 2. Outline his thoughts in simple form and describe the assumptions he makes from his analysis.
8. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
9. When Robert recalls the past in Part I, Chapter 6, what does he remember?
10. What does Robert see when he finally emerges from his wife's crypt?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)