|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At midday.
(d) At midnight.
2. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) That his wound healed very quickly, almost too quickly.
(b) That his wound hasn't healed.
(c) That he is somehow immune from infection.
(d) That he can't live like this forever.
3. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Binds it to a chair.
(b) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
(c) Drains all of its blood.
(d) Locks it in a closet.
4. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To hide from society.
(b) To destroy "the others."
(c) To find a cure.
(d) To save his neighbor
5. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
(a) He allows holy water to drip on it drop by drop, slowly torturing it.
(b) He slaps it across the face and throws it out the door.
(c) He throws it out into the sunlight where it burns.
(d) He drives a stake into its heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
2. How old is Robert?
3. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
4. In Part II, Chapter 10, how does Robert decide he needs to study the problem?
5. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
3. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
5. Explain a typical day in Robert's life as outlined in Part I, Chapter 2.
6. Describe Robert Neville as he is introduced to the reader in Part I, Chapter I.
7. Why is the discovery of the effect that sunlight has on vampires an important turning point for Robert?
8. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
9. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
10. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)