|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Swarms of insects.
(b) Swarms of vampires.
(c) A blanketing mist.
(d) A pack of rabid dogs.
2. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
(a) "I don't know."
(b) Nothing. It just whines and snarls at him.
(c) "The devil is our master, not the entity that the cross serves."
(d) "It is a sign of faith in something greater than us, and we fear it."
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
(a) He shoots her.
(b) He slams the door over the peephole, refusing to be drawn in.
(c) He watches intently, unable to tear his eyes away.
(d) He laughs at her, yelling, "Take it off!"
4. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) He shoots them through the heart.
(b) He runs them over with his car.
(c) He sprays them with acid.
(d) He decapitates them with an ax.
5. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
(a) Several major cities in the U.S. were completely destroyed.
(b) Swarms of mosquitoes, flies, and sand fleas.
(d) Mass suicides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
2. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben has become inured to what?
4. What happens after Robert realizes that the vampires are basically immune to his latest weapon in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain a typical day in Robert's life as outlined in Part I, Chapter 2.
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert do to vent his frustration, and what is the source of his frustration?
3. When Robert recalls the past in Part I, Chapter 6, what does he remember?
4. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
5. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
6. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
7. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does Robert do for recreation?
8. What oddity does Robert find while looking for a lathe at Sears?
9. What does Robert do in Part II, Scene ,7 after he finds out about the characteristics of garlic; what are the results?
10. What two important items did the vampires destroy after Robert's watch stopped, and why were they so important?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)