Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
(a) He fixed the generator and soundproofed the house.
(b) He tore it down and built a new one.
(c) The vampires burned it down, so he moved to one close by.
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
(b) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
(c) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
(d) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
3. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(b) "The Tell-tale Heart."
(c) "The House of Seven Gables."
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A woman dressed in a toga.
(c) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(d) His reflection in a broken mirror.
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be put to death.
(b) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
(c) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
(d) He could be turned over to the vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. In Part II, Chapter 10, how does Robert decide he needs to study the problem?
3. What is Robert doing while reading?
4. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
5. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert find on the third day of his drinking binge in Part II, Chapter 12? What is his reaction to this find?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what does Robert's new mural represent?
3. In Part II, Chapter 12, what other discoveries does Robert make while experimenting on the bacterium?
4. Describe Robert's relationship with Ben Cortman before Ben became ill.
5. Of whom does Ben Cortman begin to remind Robert, and what is Robert's reaction to this realization?
6. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
7. How does Robert meet Ruth in Part III, Chapter 15?
8. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert see that fills him with joy?
9. How does Robert react to the vampire attack after he gets back in his house?
10. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)