|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert's father's name?
2. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) He sprays them with acid.
(b) He shoots them through the heart.
(c) He decapitates them with an ax.
(d) He runs them over with his car.
3. In Part II, Chapter 9, why were the bodies of plague victims treated the way they were?
(a) To keep them from coming back from the dead.
(b) To stop the spread of disease.
(c) To make sure they died from the vampire epidemic.
(d) Because they were loved and should be treated appropriately.
4. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
(a) Ancient cures.
(c) Vlad the Impaler.
5. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did Robert fight?
2. What is Robert doing while reading?
3. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
4. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
5. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Robert realizes that the vampires' vulnerability lies in their blood. Why does he believe this, and what does he intend to do about it?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, several things drive Robert to despair. Describe one.
3. In Part I, Chapter 3, to what does Robert compare the vampires?
4. What does Robert do in defiance of the law after Virginia dies, and why does he do so?
5. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
6. What is Robert Neville's mission in life as described in Part I, Chapter 1?
7. Describe Robert's efforts to get in his house after his watch stops in Part I, Chapter 5.
8. Outline Robert's experiments on the female vampire in Part II, Chapter 7.
9. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
10. In Part II, Chapter 9, what happens after Robert buried Virginia in a shallow grave.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)