|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
(a) To win the lottery.
(b) To die peacefully and join his wife and daughter.
(c) To go home.
(d) That things would go back to the way they were before.
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert's house smell like?
(a) Wet dog.
3. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To not leave him alone.
(b) Let him take his mother.
(c) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(d) To kill him before the vampires did.
4. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Boogeymen; guys next door.
(b) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
(c) A myth; scientific fact.
(d) Bats; men.
5. What does Robert pack in Chapter 2?
(a) A bag of stakes.
(b) A picnic basket.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
2. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
3. What is Robert getting at Sears?
4. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is allyl sulphide, and how is it prepared?
2. What has Robert done to keep the vampires out of his home?
3. How does Robert begin his research into the nature of vampires?
4. In Part II, Chapter 10, when Robert realizes that his isolated experiments are useless and he needs to study the problem scientifically, where does he go, and what does he do there?
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, Robert recalls the day of Virginia's death. Describe his reaction in the moments directly after her death.
6. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert continues his investigation into vampires and things which might affect them. Describe one of the additional experiments Robert performs.
7. What does Robert do in Part II, Scene ,7 after he finds out about the characteristics of garlic; what are the results?
8. What theory about the disease is Robert not ready to accept in Part II, Chapter 7? What does he research after this conclusion?
9. In Part I, Chapter 5, what does Robert fear the vampires will do to his house?
10. What does Robert discover about the lymphatic system, and why do his discoveries leave him more disturbed than before?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)