|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
2. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Strikes him with a mallet.
(c) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(d) Stabs him.
3. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) Bacteria can mutate.
(b) The answer is out there.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Vampires lie.
4. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To steal his secrets.
(b) To spy on him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To seduce him.
5. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(c) As a chore.
(d) As a necessary evil.
6. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(b) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(c) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(d) Another live human being.
7. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(a) Mass suicide.
(c) The blind faith of cult members.
(d) Hysterical blindness.
8. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Strength and vitality.
(c) Stakes and garlic.
(d) A gun.
9. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(a) Kill them first.
10. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Marshal law.
(b) Vigilante patrol.
(d) Yellow journalism.
11. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A bioscope.
(b) A microscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) An electroscope
12. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(c) Punches the wall.
(d) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
13. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
(a) Test her blood.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Take her shopping.
(d) Give her Virginia's clothes.
14. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she just moved to town.
(b) If she is married.
(c) If she is alone.
(d) If she is infected.
15. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Draws blood.
(b) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
(c) Hugs her too tightly.
(d) Holds a cross against her skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
2. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
3. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
4. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
5. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)