|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
(a) That she has been watching him for some time.
(b) That it would be better if they were all dead.
(c) That there is no hope for them.
(d) That she loves him and wants him to run away with her.
2. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
(b) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(c) She politely declines.
(d) She agrees.
3. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Garlic powder.
(c) Holy water.
4. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) A wild-eyed preacher.
(b) His neighbor Ben.
(c) His wife Virginia.
(d) A vampire.
5. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(b) Abusive mother.
(d) Bad housekeeper.
6. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A ham.
(d) A pipe.
7. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(c) A blood clot.
8. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Germ and No Germ.
(b) Known and Unknown.
(c) To Be and Not To Be.
(d) Bacillus and Unknown.
9. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(b) As a game.
(c) As a necessary evil.
(d) As a chore.
10. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(a) Rotting red blood cells.
(b) An overabundance of white blood cells.
11. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she just moved to town.
(b) If she is infected.
(c) If she is alone.
(d) If she is married.
12. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Stay by her side.
(c) Try to cure her.
(d) Help her find more of her kind.
13. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To seduce him.
(b) To spy on him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To steal his secrets.
14. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Life's quirks.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Her broken spirit.
15. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That there may be more human survivors.
(b) That the plague has burned itself out.
(c) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
(d) That the world has not turned totally evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
2. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
3. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
4. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)