|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Waste materials in the blood.
(d) Progressing disease.
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Stakes and garlic.
(c) A gun.
(d) Strength and vitality.
3. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
4. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
(a) Pushing Ruth off of the bed.
(b) Walking in his sleep.
(c) Shouting Virginia's name.
(d) Calling Ruth's name.
5. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) Influenza pandemic.
(b) Ebola virus.
(c) The American Indian smallpox plague.
(d) The bubonic plague.
6. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
(a) That there is no hope for them.
(b) That it would be better if they were all dead.
(c) That she has been watching him for some time.
(d) That she loves him and wants him to run away with her.
7. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Bacillus and Unknown.
(b) To Be and Not To Be.
(c) Known and Unknown.
(d) Germ and No Germ.
8. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A dog.
(b) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
(c) A deer.
(d) A woman.
9. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) A tiny gold cross.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A tracking device.
(d) Skimpy lingerie.
10. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) The answer is out there.
(b) Bacteria can mutate.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Vampires lie.
11. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) Another live human being.
(b) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(c) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(d) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
12. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
(a) His eyes fill with tears.
(b) He feels as if Ben is finally free.
(c) He faints.
(d) He gets physically ill.
13. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Standing in the living room.
(c) Outside with the vampires.
(d) In bed beside him.
14. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) A scrawny dog.
(b) The cure for the epidemic.
(c) A shiny penny.
(d) A $100 bill.
15. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
2. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
4. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
5. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)