|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) Another live human being.
(b) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(c) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(d) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
2. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
(a) Walking in his sleep.
(b) Pushing Ruth off of the bed.
(c) Shouting Virginia's name.
(d) Calling Ruth's name.
3. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
(a) Spray the crowd with bullets.
(b) Run away.
(d) Fight to the death.
4. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(b) He is invited to join the new society.
(c) He is turned into a vampire.
(d) He is beaten up and dragged away.
5. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a necessary evil.
(b) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(c) As a chore.
(d) As a game.
6. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Help her find more of her kind.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Stay by her side.
(d) Try to cure her.
7. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she just moved to town.
(b) If she is infected.
(c) If she is alone.
(d) If she is married.
8. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(a) Bad housekeeper.
(b) Abusive mother.
9. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
10. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) If she dies.
(c) What they have for dinner.
(d) If she ever sees another human.
11. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
(a) Broken down his door.
(b) Burned down his house.
(d) Taken over the town.
12. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(a) A blood clot.
13. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Hugs her too tightly.
(b) Draws blood.
(c) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
(d) Holds a cross against her skin.
14. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss him.
(c) Tell him the truth.
(d) Stay with him.
15. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That Ben will come back to kill him.
(b) The dark.
(d) That his new companion has been infected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
3. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
4. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
5. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)