|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
(a) Give her Virginia's clothes.
(b) Take her shopping.
(c) Test her blood.
(d) Make love to her.
2. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) The christening of the new society's leader.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
(d) A parade.
3. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
(a) She refuses to eat dinner with him.
(b) She is beginning to smell bad.
(c) She sleeps all day.
(d) She gags when he shoves mashed garlic under her nose.
4. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Punches the wall.
(c) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(d) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
5. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To steal his secrets.
6. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Try to cure her.
(b) Help her find more of her kind.
(c) Stay by her side.
(d) Kill her.
7. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) Progressing disease.
(b) Waste materials in the blood.
8. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
(a) A rose.
(c) A mess.
(d) A note.
9. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Holy water.
(d) Garlic powder.
10. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(b) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(c) Another live human being.
(d) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
11. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(a) Hysterical blindness.
(c) The blind faith of cult members.
(d) Mass suicide.
12. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Her broken spirit.
(b) Life's quirks.
(d) Rap music.
13. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(a) Intense hope.
(b) Blood vengeance.
14. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
(a) Calling Ruth's name.
(b) Pushing Ruth off of the bed.
(c) Walking in his sleep.
(d) Shouting Virginia's name.
15. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(b) Bad housekeeper.
(c) Abusive mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
3. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
4. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
5. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)