|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(b) A blood clot.
2. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) If she dies.
(b) If she ever sees another human.
(c) What they have for dinner.
3. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
4. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
(a) He faints.
(b) His eyes fill with tears.
(c) He feels as if Ben is finally free.
(d) He gets physically ill.
5. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) The dark.
(b) That Ben will come back to kill him.
(c) That his new companion has been infected.
6. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
(b) Spray the crowd with bullets.
(c) Run away.
(d) Fight to the death.
7. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) A parade.
(c) The christening of the new society's leader.
(d) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
8. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A telescope.
(b) An electroscope
(c) A bioscope.
(d) A microscope.
9. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
(a) Test her blood.
(b) Give her Virginia's clothes.
(c) Take her shopping.
(d) Make love to her.
10. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Rap music.
(c) Her broken spirit.
(d) Life's quirks.
11. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She politely declines.
(d) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
12. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Rips the paper to shreds.
(b) Goes on a drinking binge.
(c) Regains his motivation.
(d) Shouts "Eureka!!"
13. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He thinks it is genetic.
(d) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
14. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(a) The blind faith of cult members.
(c) Mass suicide.
(d) Hysterical blindness.
15. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
2. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
3. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
4. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
5. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)