|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Standing in the living room.
(b) Outside with the vampires.
(d) In bed beside him.
2. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
3. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
(a) He gets physically ill.
(b) His eyes fill with tears.
(c) He feels as if Ben is finally free.
(d) He faints.
4. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she is married.
(b) If she just moved to town.
(c) If she is infected.
(d) If she is alone.
5. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A loving note.
(b) A note of distrust.
(c) A blind attraction note.
(d) A positive note.
6. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(a) A new perspective.
(b) A new attitude.
(d) A new hobby.
7. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) A scrawny dog.
(b) A $100 bill.
(c) A shiny penny.
(d) The cure for the epidemic.
8. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she is a vampire.
(d) If she will sleep with him.
9. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) An electroscope
(b) A bioscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A microscope.
10. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) What they have for dinner.
(b) If she dies.
(d) If she ever sees another human.
11. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
(b) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He thinks it is genetic.
12. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To rule the world.
(b) To make the world a better place.
(c) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(d) To rebuild society with their kind.
13. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(a) Intense hope.
(b) Blood vengeance.
14. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To seduce him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To spy on him.
(d) To steal his secrets.
15. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) Complete ruin.
(b) The supernatural.
(c) New lows.
(d) Sin and immorality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
2. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
3. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
4. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)