|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(b) As a chore.
(c) As a game.
(d) As a necessary evil.
2. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(a) A new perspective.
(b) A new attitude.
(c) A new hobby.
3. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
(a) Run away.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Spray the crowd with bullets.
4. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(b) To make the world a better place.
(c) To rule the world.
(d) To rebuild society with their kind.
5. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
(a) A note.
(b) A rose.
(d) A mess.
6. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she is married.
(b) If she is alone.
(c) If she is infected.
(d) If she just moved to town.
7. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is turned into a vampire.
(b) He is invited to join the new society.
(c) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(d) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
8. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) If she dies.
(b) What they have for dinner.
(d) If she ever sees another human.
9. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A bioscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) An electroscope
10. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
(a) She sleeps all day.
(b) She refuses to eat dinner with him.
(c) She is beginning to smell bad.
(d) She gags when he shoves mashed garlic under her nose.
11. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
(a) Calling Ruth's name.
(b) Shouting Virginia's name.
(c) Pushing Ruth off of the bed.
(d) Walking in his sleep.
12. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Help her find more of her kind.
(b) Try to cure her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Stay by her side.
13. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) A gun.
(b) Strength and vitality.
(c) Stakes and garlic.
14. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(b) Kill them first.
15. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(a) The blind faith of cult members.
(b) Hysterical blindness.
(d) Mass suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
2. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
3. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
4. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
5. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)