|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) Skimpy lingerie.
(c) A tiny gold cross.
(d) A tracking device.
2. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(b) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(c) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(d) Another live human being.
3. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Garlic powder.
(d) Holy water.
4. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) A $100 bill.
(b) A scrawny dog.
(c) The cure for the epidemic.
(d) A shiny penny.
6. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Hugs her too tightly.
(b) Holds a cross against her skin.
(c) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
(d) Draws blood.
7. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) To Be and Not To Be.
(b) Known and Unknown.
(c) Bacillus and Unknown.
(d) Germ and No Germ.
8. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) What they have for dinner.
(b) If she dies.
(c) If she ever sees another human.
9. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stay with him.
(c) Tell him the truth.
(d) Kiss him.
10. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Her broken spirit.
(b) Rap music.
(d) Life's quirks.
11. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
(a) That there is no hope for them.
(b) That it would be better if they were all dead.
(c) That she has been watching him for some time.
(d) That she loves him and wants him to run away with her.
12. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A bioscope.
(c) A microscope.
(d) An electroscope
13. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
14. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
(a) She sleeps all day.
(b) She is beginning to smell bad.
(c) She gags when he shoves mashed garlic under her nose.
(d) She refuses to eat dinner with him.
15. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(b) Blood vengeance.
(d) Intense hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
2. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
3. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
4. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
5. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)