|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(b) He is invited to join the new society.
(c) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(d) He is turned into a vampire.
2. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) Clean cut.
(b) Twenty years older.
(c) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
(d) Dirty and unkempt.
3. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A ham.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
4. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Tell him the truth.
5. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
6. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) His neighbor Ben.
(b) A wild-eyed preacher.
(c) A vampire.
(d) His wife Virginia.
7. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A microscope.
(c) An electroscope
(d) A bioscope.
8. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(b) A new hobby.
(c) A new attitude.
(d) A new perspective.
9. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) The christening of the new society's leader.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) A parade.
(d) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
10. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Standing in the living room.
(b) In bed beside him.
(d) Outside with the vampires.
11. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
(b) She politely declines.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
12. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(b) What they have for dinner.
(c) If she dies.
(d) If she ever sees another human.
13. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
(a) Broken down his door.
(b) Taken over the town.
(d) Burned down his house.
14. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) If she will sleep with him.
(d) If she is a vampire.
15. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Rap music.
(b) Life's quirks.
(d) Her broken spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
2. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
3. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
4. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
5. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)