|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If she will move in with him.
(b) If she will sleep with him.
(c) If she is a vampire.
(d) If he can test her blood.
2. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A deer.
(b) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
(b) Broken down his door.
(c) Burned down his house.
(d) Taken over the town.
4. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) He brings a friend.
(b) He dies.
(c) The vampires destroy him.
(d) He runs away.
5. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(d) Kill them first.
6. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) Clean cut.
(b) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
(c) Twenty years older.
(d) Dirty and unkempt.
7. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
(b) Waste materials in the blood.
(c) Progressing disease.
8. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Try to cure her.
(c) Help her find more of her kind.
(d) Stay by her side.
9. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
10. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
(b) She politely declines.
(c) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(d) She agrees.
11. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(a) Blood vengeance.
(c) Intense hope.
12. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) Skimpy lingerie.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A tracking device.
(d) A tiny gold cross.
13. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Holds a cross against her skin.
(b) Hugs her too tightly.
(c) Draws blood.
(d) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
14. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To steal his secrets.
15. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Tell him the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
2. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
3. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
4. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
5. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)