|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(a) A new hobby.
(c) A new attitude.
(d) A new perspective.
2. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a chore.
(b) As a necessary evil.
(c) As a game.
(d) As a pleasant escape from reality.
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(b) Hysterical blindness.
(c) The blind faith of cult members.
(d) Mass suicide.
4. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is turned into a vampire.
(b) He is invited to join the new society.
(c) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(d) He is beaten up and dragged away.
5. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(b) Kill them first.
6. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A positive note.
(b) A blind attraction note.
(c) A note of distrust.
(d) A loving note.
7. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
(b) Clean cut.
(c) Twenty years older.
(d) Dirty and unkempt.
8. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Her broken spirit.
(b) Life's quirks.
(d) Rap music.
9. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) A parade.
(b) A meteor shower.
(c) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
(d) The christening of the new society's leader.
10. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That there may be more human survivors.
(b) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
(c) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(d) That the plague has burned itself out.
11. What is wrong with the first instrument Robert obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is of inferior quality.
(c) It is the wrong instrument for what he needs to do.
(d) It is far too advanced for him to learn how to use it.
12. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) Skimpy lingerie.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A tracking device.
(d) A tiny gold cross.
13. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) The cure for the epidemic.
(b) A $100 bill.
(c) A shiny penny.
(d) A scrawny dog.
14. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
(a) A note.
(c) A rose.
(d) A mess.
15. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That Ben will come back to kill him.
(b) That his new companion has been infected.
(d) The dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
2. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
3. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
4. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
5. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)