|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(c) A blood clot.
2. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(c) Abusive mother.
(d) Bad housekeeper.
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what have the vampires not done that surprises Robert?
(a) Taken over the town.
(c) Broken down his door.
(d) Burned down his house.
4. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To steal his secrets.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To seduce him.
5. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A ham.
(c) A cigarette.
6. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is turned into a vampire.
(b) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(c) He is invited to join the new society.
(d) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
7. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That the plague has burned itself out.
(b) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
(c) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(d) That there may be more human survivors.
8. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) Influenza pandemic.
(b) Ebola virus.
(c) The bubonic plague.
(d) The American Indian smallpox plague.
9. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He thinks it is genetic.
(b) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
10. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Tell him the truth.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Stay with him.
11. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) The supernatural.
(b) Complete ruin.
(c) Sin and immorality.
(d) New lows.
12. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) Another live human being.
(b) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(c) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(d) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
13. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
14. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
15. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
(b) A deer.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
3. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
4. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
5. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)