|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stay with him.
(c) Tell him the truth.
(d) Kiss him.
2. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(c) Rotting red blood cells.
(d) An overabundance of white blood cells.
3. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If he can test her blood.
(b) If she will sleep with him.
(c) If she will move in with him.
(d) If she is a vampire.
4. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(c) Punches the wall.
(d) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
5. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) His wife Virginia.
(b) His neighbor Ben.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A wild-eyed preacher.
6. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(c) As a necessary evil.
(d) As a chore.
7. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To seduce him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To steal his secrets.
8. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) A shiny penny.
(b) A scrawny dog.
(c) A $100 bill.
(d) The cure for the epidemic.
9. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(b) That there may be more human survivors.
(c) That the plague has burned itself out.
(d) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
10. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) Sin and immorality.
(b) New lows.
(c) The supernatural.
(d) Complete ruin.
11. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A note of distrust.
(b) A positive note.
(c) A loving note.
(d) A blind attraction note.
12. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A dog.
(b) A deer.
(c) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
(d) A woman.
13. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
14. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) What they have for dinner.
(b) If she dies.
(c) If she ever sees another human.
15. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A tiny gold cross.
(c) A tracking device.
(d) Skimpy lingerie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
2. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
3. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
4. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
5. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)