|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(c) Bad housekeeper.
(d) Abusive mother.
2. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
3. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(b) The dark.
(c) That Ben will come back to kill him.
(d) That his new companion has been infected.
4. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(b) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
(c) That there may be more human survivors.
(d) That the plague has burned itself out.
5. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(b) To rule the world.
(c) To make the world a better place.
(d) To rebuild society with their kind.
6. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A microscope.
(b) An electroscope
(c) A bioscope.
(d) A telescope.
7. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
8. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
9. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Hugs her too tightly.
(b) Holds a cross against her skin.
(c) Draws blood.
(d) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
10. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Vigilante patrol.
(b) Marshal law.
(c) Yellow journalism.
11. What happens that makes Robert believe that Ruth might be infected?
(a) She is beginning to smell bad.
(b) She refuses to eat dinner with him.
(c) She gags when he shoves mashed garlic under her nose.
(d) She sleeps all day.
12. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A blind attraction note.
(b) A loving note.
(c) A positive note.
(d) A note of distrust.
13. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(c) Punches the wall.
(d) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
14. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
(a) The bubonic plague.
(b) Influenza pandemic.
(c) The American Indian smallpox plague.
(d) Ebola virus.
15. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) A new car.
(b) The trust of his new companion.
(c) The lottery.
(d) Ben's loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
2. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
3. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
4. What is wrong with the first instrument Robert obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
5. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)