|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He thinks it is genetic.
(b) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(b) Mass suicide.
(c) The blind faith of cult members.
(d) Hysterical blindness.
3. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is turned into a vampire.
(b) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(c) He is invited to join the new society.
(d) He is beaten up and dragged away.
4. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
(c) A parade.
(d) The christening of the new society's leader.
5. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(b) To rebuild society with their kind.
(c) To make the world a better place.
(d) To rule the world.
6. What does Robert do to Ruth as he embraces her?
(a) Hugs her too tightly.
(b) Holds a cross against her skin.
(c) Takes the money she stole from him out of her pocket.
(d) Draws blood.
7. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If she will move in with him.
(b) If she is a vampire.
(c) If he can test her blood.
(d) If she will sleep with him.
8. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
9. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) Vampires lie.
(b) The answer is out there.
(c) Bacteria can mutate.
(d) Trust no one.
10. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Strikes him with a mallet.
(d) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
11. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) The cure for the epidemic.
(b) A $100 bill.
(c) A shiny penny.
(d) A scrawny dog.
12. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(b) An overabundance of white blood cells.
(d) Rotting red blood cells.
13. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A positive note.
(b) A loving note.
(c) A blind attraction note.
(d) A note of distrust.
14. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(b) Blood vengeance.
(d) Intense hope.
15. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) Skimpy lingerie.
(c) A tracking device.
(d) A tiny gold cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
2. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
4. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
5. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)