|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) Complete ruin.
(b) New lows.
(c) Sin and immorality.
(d) The supernatural.
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Strength and vitality.
(b) Stakes and garlic.
(c) A gun.
3. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(b) She politely declines.
(c) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
(d) She agrees.
4. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(b) A new perspective.
(c) A new hobby.
(d) A new attitude.
5. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) A shiny penny.
(b) A scrawny dog.
(c) The cure for the epidemic.
(d) A $100 bill.
6. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a chore.
(c) As a necessary evil.
(d) As a pleasant escape from reality.
7. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(b) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
(c) Punches the wall.
8. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Strikes him with a mallet.
(d) Shoots him.
9. In Part III, Chapter 15, what year is it?
10. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
(a) To rebuild society with their kind.
(b) To make the world a better place.
(c) To overtake the weaker vampires and enslave them.
(d) To rule the world.
11. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Holy water.
(c) Garlic powder.
12. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Standing in the living room.
(c) In bed beside him.
(d) Outside with the vampires.
13. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Help her find more of her kind.
(c) Try to cure her.
(d) Stay by her side.
14. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A bioscope.
(c) A microscope.
(d) An electroscope
15. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) Vampires lie.
(b) The answer is out there.
(c) Trust no one.
(d) Bacteria can mutate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
2. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
3. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
4. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
5. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)