|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Kiss him.
(d) Tell him the truth.
2. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(c) An overabundance of white blood cells.
(d) Rotting red blood cells.
3. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A cigarette.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A ham.
4. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(b) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(c) He is invited to join the new society.
(d) He is turned into a vampire.
5. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
(a) If she will sleep with him.
(b) If he can test her blood.
(c) If she will move in with him.
(d) If she is a vampire.
6. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Garlic powder.
(c) Holy water.
7. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
8. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
(b) A woman.
(c) A dog.
(d) A deer.
9. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) A parade.
(c) The christening of the new society's leader.
(d) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
10. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(c) Abusive mother.
(d) Bad housekeeper.
11. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Strikes him with a mallet.
(d) Shoots him.
12. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) Skimpy lingerie.
(b) A tracking device.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A tiny gold cross.
13. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
14. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Regains his motivation.
(b) Goes on a drinking binge.
(c) Rips the paper to shreds.
(d) Shouts "Eureka!!"
15. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
(a) To steal his secrets.
(b) To spy on him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To seduce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
2. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
3. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
4. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
5. What new fear does Robert develop toward the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)