|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Tell him the truth.
2. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Yellow journalism.
(b) Marshal law.
(d) Vigilante patrol.
3. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
(a) If she just moved to town.
(b) If she is alone.
(c) If she is married.
(d) If she is infected.
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
(a) Hysterical blindness.
(b) The blind faith of cult members.
(c) Mass suicide.
5. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(b) He thinks it is genetic.
(c) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
(d) He doesn't know.
6. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(b) That the plague has burned itself out.
(c) That there may be more human survivors.
(d) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
7. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
(b) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(d) Punches the wall.
8. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) An electroscope
(d) A bioscope.
9. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
10. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Life's quirks.
(b) Her broken spirit.
(d) Rap music.
11. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(d) Kill them first.
12. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Strength and vitality.
(b) Stakes and garlic.
(c) A gun.
13. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A note of distrust.
(b) A positive note.
(c) A blind attraction note.
(d) A loving note.
14. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) Skimpy lingerie.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A tracking device.
(d) A tiny gold cross.
15. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(a) Bad housekeeper.
(b) Abusive mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
2. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
3. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
4. According to Ruth, what is the purpose of the vampire society?
5. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)