|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(c) A blood clot.
2. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
(a) Stay by her side.
(b) Try to cure her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Help her find more of her kind.
3. In Part III, Chapter 15, what has Robert gained?
(a) A new attitude.
(b) A new perspective.
(c) A new hobby.
4. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) An electroscope
(b) A bioscope.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A microscope.
5. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) Sin and immorality.
(b) The supernatural.
(c) Complete ruin.
(d) New lows.
6. What emotion does Robert feel for the vampires who don't belong to the new society?
7. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(c) Holy water.
(d) Garlic powder.
8. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Life's quirks.
(b) Rap music.
(d) Her broken spirit.
9. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(b) He is invited to join the new society.
(c) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(d) He is turned into a vampire.
10. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Standing in the living room.
(c) In bed beside him.
(d) Outside with the vampires.
11. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Stakes and garlic.
(c) A gun.
(d) Strength and vitality.
12. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
(b) He thinks it is genetic.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
13. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
14. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A dog.
(b) A deer.
(c) A woman.
(d) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
15. During his recollection of the height of the plague, Robert remembers being literally dragged to a revival meeting. Who drags him?
(a) His wife Virginia.
(b) His neighbor Ben.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A wild-eyed preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
2. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
3. What other epidemic does Robert feel was caused by vampires?
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
5. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)