|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(b) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(c) Another live human being.
(d) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
2. What kills the germ in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Garlic powder.
(b) Holy water.
3. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) To Be and Not To Be.
(b) Bacillus and Unknown.
(c) Germ and No Germ.
(d) Known and Unknown.
4. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(b) Yellow journalism.
(c) Vigilante patrol.
(d) Marshal law.
5. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(a) Rap music.
(b) Life's quirks.
(d) Her broken spirit.
6. What does Ruth do to Robert at the end of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Pushes him out the door into the crowd of waiting vampires.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Strikes him with a mallet.
7. What happens to Robert as he watches Ben's execution?
(a) He feels as if Ben is finally free.
(b) He faints.
(c) His eyes fill with tears.
(d) He gets physically ill.
8. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert find that gives him a glimmer of hope?
(a) A shiny penny.
(b) The cure for the epidemic.
(c) A scrawny dog.
(d) A $100 bill.
9. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) A tracking device.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) Skimpy lingerie.
(d) A tiny gold cross.
10. What does Ruth say she doesn't care about in Part III, Chapter 16?
(a) If she dies.
(c) If she ever sees another human.
(d) What they have for dinner.
11. What does Robert berate himself for forgetting in Part III, Chapter 19?
(a) Vampires lie.
(b) Trust no one.
(c) Bacteria can mutate.
(d) The answer is out there.
12. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Stakes and garlic.
(c) Strength and vitality.
(d) A gun.
13. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
14. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
(a) A positive note.
(b) A loving note.
(c) A blind attraction note.
(d) A note of distrust.
15. What is wrong with the first instrument Robert obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) It is far too advanced for him to learn how to use it.
(b) It is the wrong instrument for what he needs to do.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It is of inferior quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
2. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
3. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert comes up with a psychological explanation as a new perspective on the way vampires act. To what does he compare this psychological explanation?
5. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)