|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final days of the plague, two phenomena erupted. What was one?
(a) Yellow journalism.
(c) Marshal law.
(d) Vigilante patrol.
2. In Part II, Chapter 11, what instrument does Robert obtain to further study the characteristics that make vampires what they are?
(a) A bioscope.
(b) A telescope.
(c) An electroscope
(d) A microscope.
3. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is invited to join the new society.
(b) He is turned into a vampire.
(c) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(d) He is beaten up and dragged away.
4. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(c) A blood clot.
5. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That the world has not turned totally evil.
(b) That there may be more human survivors.
(c) That Robert won't ever have to be alone again.
(d) That the plague has burned itself out.
6. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A dog.
(b) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
(c) A deer.
(d) A woman.
7. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(c) She politely declines.
(d) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
8. What does Robert win in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) A new car.
(b) The trust of his new companion.
(c) Ben's loyalty.
(d) The lottery.
9. How does Robert look in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) Clean cut.
(b) Dirty and unkempt.
(c) Twenty years older.
(d) His hair and beard are long and shaggy.
10. What does Robert notice Ruth is wearing as she sleeps?
(a) A tracking device.
(b) Skimpy lingerie.
(c) A tiny gold cross.
(d) A wedding ring.
11. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
12. In Part III, Chapter 18, what does Robert wake up doing?
(a) Shouting Virginia's name.
(b) Walking in his sleep.
(c) Calling Ruth's name.
(d) Pushing Ruth off of the bed.
13. What does Robert do in response to the results of his lists in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Regains his motivation.
(b) Rips the paper to shreds.
(c) Shouts "Eureka!!"
(d) Goes on a drinking binge.
14. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Outside with the vampires.
(c) In bed beside him.
(d) Standing in the living room.
15. What has Robert resolved to do when the vampires of the new society come for him?
(a) Spray the crowd with bullets.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fight to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What process does Robert feel explains the vampire's coma in Part II, Chapter 11?
2. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
3. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
4. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
5. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)