|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Germ and No Germ.
(b) Bacillus and Unknown.
(c) Known and Unknown.
(d) To Be and Not To Be.
2. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(b) Outside with the vampires.
(c) In bed beside him.
(d) Standing in the living room.
3. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(b) A gun.
(c) Stakes and garlic.
(d) Strength and vitality.
4. How does Robert look upon the routine between him and Ben in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a chore.
(c) As a pleasant escape from reality.
(d) As a necessary evil.
5. What does Robert see in the vampire's blood?
(a) Rotting red blood cells.
(b) An overabundance of white blood cells.
6. Ruth is a(n) ___________________.
(c) Bad housekeeper.
(d) Abusive mother.
7. In Part II, Chapter 13, what does Robert discover that makes him overjoyed?
(a) A stash of love letters from his dead wife.
(b) The hamburger and milk bowls are empty and the garlic ring intact.
(c) An animal curled up comfortably on his front porch.
(d) Another live human being.
8. What does Robert want Ruth to do in the beginning of Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Kiss him.
(c) Stay with him.
(d) Tell him the truth.
9. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
(a) Complete ruin.
(b) Sin and immorality.
(c) The supernatural.
(d) New lows.
10. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigarette.
(d) A ham.
11. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Give her Virginia's clothes.
(c) Take her shopping.
(d) Test her blood.
12. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth say when Robert asks if he can test her blood now?
(a) She politely declines.
(b) She screams at him and throws her dinner plate against the wall.
(c) She asks him to wait until the next morning because she feels ill.
(d) She agrees.
13. What do Robert and Ruth discuss over supper?
(b) Her broken spirit.
(c) Rap music.
(d) Life's quirks.
14. What does Robert watch through the peephole in Part IV, Chapter 20?
(a) Several men in dark suits brutally killing seven vampires.
(b) A parade.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) The christening of the new society's leader.
15. What happens to Robert's new companion at the end of Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) He runs away.
(b) The vampires destroy him.
(c) He brings a friend.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth reveal is her true purpose in coming to Robert?
2. How many attempts does it take Robert to learn how to use the second instrument he obtains in Part II, Chapter 11?
3. What does Robert promise to do for Ruth if she is infected?
4. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
5. What does Ruth leave for Robert when she leaves his house?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)