|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Part IV, Chapter 20 begins, what year is it?
2. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert thinks that the people at the revival died with what in their hearts?
(d) A blood clot.
3. What is Robert smoking in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A pipe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A ham.
4. In the beginning of Part II, Chapter 14, what does Robert realize has never been the answer?
(a) Blood vengeance.
(d) Intense hope.
5. What happens to Robert when the men of the new society come for him?
(a) He is turned into a vampire.
(b) He is beaten up and dragged away.
(c) He manages to kill them all but is injured in the process.
(d) He is invited to join the new society.
6. What are the headings of the lists that Robert makes in Part II, Chapter 12?
(a) Known and Unknown.
(b) Germ and No Germ.
(c) To Be and Not To Be.
(d) Bacillus and Unknown.
7. In Part II, Chapter 14, Robert realizes that he no longer needs what to escape?
(a) Stakes and garlic.
(c) A gun.
(d) Strength and vitality.
8. Where is Ruth when Robert wakes up in Part III, Chapter 18?
(a) Standing in the living room.
(c) In bed beside him.
(d) Outside with the vampires.
9. Why does Robert think he is immune to the plague?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He thinks it is genetic.
(c) He injected himself with tiny amounts of vampire blood.
(d) He was bitten by a vampire bat during the war.
10. What does Ruth tell Robert as he embraces her?
(a) That she has been watching him for some time.
(b) That she loves him and wants him to run away with her.
(c) That there is no hope for them.
(d) That it would be better if they were all dead.
11. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Robert tell Ruth is the only way to fight living vampires?
(c) Kill them first.
12. Who does Ruth say killed her husband?
13. As Robert sits on his porch, what does he see running across the field in Part III, Chapter 15?
(a) A woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) A deer.
(d) A male vampire chasing a female vampire.
14. What does Robert do when he gets frustrated in Part II, Chapter 12?
(b) Kicks the instrument to the floor.
(c) Takes a deep breath and refocuses his energy.
(d) Punches the wall.
15. In Part III, Chapter 17, what does Ruth agree to allow Robert to do?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Test her blood.
(c) Give her Virginia's clothes.
(d) Take her shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 12, what does Robert feel the world has fallen to?
2. What new hope does Robert's new companion give him in Part II, Chapter 13?
3. What does Robert ask of Ruth that makes her angry?
4. On what type of note does the relationship between Robert and Ruth begin?
5. In Part III, Chapter 16, Robert brings Ruth back to his house. What does he wonder about her?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)