|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 20 mph in the school zone.
(b) 110 mph.
(c) 89 mph.
(d) 55 mph.
2. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
(a) Grow long fangs.
(b) Sleep in coffins.
(c) Turn into bats.
(d) Sleep in soil.
3. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Chopping garlic cloves.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Tending his garden.
4. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A mirror.
(c) His shoes.
(d) A window.
5. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
(a) Its brain.
(b) Its blood.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its solar plexus.
6. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) A teepee.
(b) A huge umbrella.
(c) Sheets of plywood.
(d) A tent.
7. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a skull and crossbones.
(b) It is a cross.
(c) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(d) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
8. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(b) The United States was bombed.
(c) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
(d) Nothing. The people were already sick.
9. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
(b) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
(c) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
(d) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
10. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
(a) To die peacefully and join his wife and daughter.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) To go home.
(d) That things would go back to the way they were before.
11. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(b) His dead wife.
(d) His dead daughter.
12. What has happened to the vampire that Robert threw on the grass in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) It has turned into a bat.
(b) It has come back to life and is stalking him.
(c) It looks and smells like someone who has been dead for years.
(d) It has turned into a pile of ashes.
13. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
(a) A virus.
(c) Bacterial pneumonia.
(d) A virulent parasite.
14. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A bloodstain.
(b) A mural.
(c) A huge smashed bug.
(d) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
15. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
(a) He is paralyzed.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He is overjoyed.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
2. What happens to people infected in Chapter 1?
3. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How old is Robert?
5. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)