|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert's last name?
2. Where did Virginia and Robert consider sending Kathy in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) To her cousin's family up north.
(b) To Virginia's mother's house.
(c) To the local pediatrician's office.
(d) To Disney Land.
3. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A cup of sugar.
(b) A car.
(c) His table saw.
4. When defending his behavior to himself, what does Robert say has "fallen with society"?
5. What does Robert hear while he is contemplating the existence of vampires in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) The roar of a car engine.
(c) Absolutely nothing.
(d) Vampires taunting him to come outside.
6. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Tending his garden.
(c) Chopping garlic cloves.
(d) Cooking dinner.
7. How is Robert described in Chapter 1?
(a) Blond hair and blue eyes.
(b) Black hair and brown eyes.
(c) Red hair and green eyes.
(d) Brown hair and hazel eyes.
8. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To not leave him alone.
(b) Let him take his mother.
(c) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(d) To kill him before the vampires did.
9. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
(a) He throws it out into the sunlight where it burns.
(b) He drives a stake into its heart.
(c) He allows holy water to drip on it drop by drop, slowly torturing it.
(d) He slaps it across the face and throws it out the door.
10. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To hide from society.
(b) To destroy "the others."
(c) To find a cure.
(d) To save his neighbor
11. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
(a) Its solar plexus.
(b) Its heart.
(c) Its brain.
(d) Its blood.
12. In what war did Robert fight?
(b) World War II.
13. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
(a) A virus.
(c) A virulent parasite.
(d) Bacterial pneumonia.
14. In place of the usual garlic wreath, Robert hangs a garland of what outside of his home to see if it, too, will affect the vampires?
15. In Part II, Chapter 9, what event does Robert recall?
(a) His 14th birthday.
(b) The birth of his daughter.
(c) The previous Christmas.
(d) Virginia's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Robert's reaction when the men came for Kathy's body?
2. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
3. What happens after Robert realizes that the vampires are basically immune to his latest weapon in Part I, Chapter 5?
4. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
5. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)