|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
(a) Its blood.
(b) Its brain.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its solar plexus.
2. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
(a) He is overjoyed.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He is confused.
3. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
(a) The vampires burned it down, so he moved to one close by.
(b) He tore it down and built a new one.
(d) He fixed the generator and soundproofed the house.
4. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(b) It is a skull and crossbones.
(c) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(d) It is a cross.
5. What is wrong with Robert when he wakes up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) He is hungover.
(b) He just wants to curl up and die.
(c) He has caught the virus.
(d) His hand is bleeding badly.
6. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
7. Robert paints his living room wall in Part I, Chapter 6. What does it look like?
(b) A fantasy garden.
(c) A dark sky with bright, shining stars.
(d) Canadian woods.
8. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
(b) Lead pipe.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Silver bullets.
9. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(b) A bloodstain.
(c) A mural.
(d) A huge smashed bug.
10. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
(a) A recording called "The Year of the Plague."
(b) A huge, mutated insect.
(c) A dish.
(d) A large mirror.
11. In Part II, Chapter 10, how does Robert decide he needs to study the problem?
(b) Without prejudice.
(c) From another angle.
(d) Out in the field.
12. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
(a) He watches intently, unable to tear his eyes away.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He slams the door over the peephole, refusing to be drawn in.
(d) He laughs at her, yelling, "Take it off!"
13. Why does Robert get frustrated in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) The book is missing several pages.
(b) He didn't finish his chores.
(c) He runs out of liquor.
(d) There isn't enough light to read by.
14. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At midday.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At dawn.
15. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) Let him take his mother.
(b) To not leave him alone.
(c) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(d) To kill him before the vampires did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the female vampires do to taunt Robert?
2. What was Robert's reaction when the men came for Kathy's body?
3. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
4. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
5. What has happened to the vampire that Robert threw on the grass in Part I, Chapter 4?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)