|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
(a) He fixed the generator and soundproofed the house.
(b) He tore it down and built a new one.
(c) The vampires burned it down, so he moved to one close by.
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
(b) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
(c) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
(d) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
3. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(b) "The Tell-tale Heart."
(c) "The House of Seven Gables."
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A woman dressed in a toga.
(c) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(d) His reflection in a broken mirror.
5. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be put to death.
(b) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
(c) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
(d) He could be turned over to the vampires.
6. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A pack of rabid dogs.
(b) Swarms of vampires.
(c) Swarms of insects.
(d) A blanketing mist.
7. In Part II, Chapter 10, how does Robert decide he needs to study the problem?
(a) Without prejudice.
(b) From another angle.
(d) Out in the field.
8. What is Robert doing while reading?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Eating popcorn.
(d) Whistling a jaunty tune.
9. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) That his wound healed very quickly, almost too quickly.
(b) That he is somehow immune from infection.
(c) That his wound hasn't healed.
(d) That he can't live like this forever.
10. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Alyll sulphide.
(b) Boric acid.
(c) Sulfuric acid.
(d) Potassium carbonate.
11. What is Robert's last name?
12. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Binds it to a chair.
(b) Locks it in a closet.
(c) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
(d) Drains all of its blood.
13. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
(c) All of the answers are true.
14. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
(a) They were embalmed and given a normal funeral.
(b) They were taken to the morgue for autopsy.
(c) They were buried in mass graves and covered with soil immediately.
(d) They were incinerated.
15. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
2. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
3. What does Robert find himself consumed by while researching his problem in Part II, Chapter 9?
4. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
5. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)