|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) A tent.
(b) A huge umbrella.
(c) A teepee.
(d) Sheets of plywood.
2. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
(b) His table saw.
(c) A cup of sugar.
(d) A car.
3. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(b) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(c) It is a cross.
(d) It is a skull and crossbones.
4. How is the substance created that Robert manufactures in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Heating mustard oil and potassium sulphide to 100 degrees.
(b) By mixing lemon juice and bleach and heating it to 200 degrees.
(c) By squeezing the juice out garlic.
(d) By mixing sulfuric acid and baking soda.
5. What does Robert pack in Chapter 2?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A picnic basket.
(c) A bag of stakes.
(d) A gun.
6. What is Robert's last name?
7. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
(a) Robert's fence.
(b) A water trough.
(c) The body of another vampire.
(d) A candlestick.
8. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
(a) Holy water.
(b) Lead pipe.
(c) Silver bullets.
9. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
(a) He fixed the generator and soundproofed the house.
(c) The vampires burned it down, so he moved to one close by.
(d) He tore it down and built a new one.
10. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
(a) A window.
(b) His wife.
(c) His shoes.
(d) A mirror.
11. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
(a) He smashes his glass and cuts his hand.
(b) He throws his book at the mirror, smashing it.
(c) He smashes his glass and cuts his forehead.
(d) He throws a tantrum.
12. What time does Robert wake up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
13. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A huge smashed bug.
(b) A bloodstain.
(c) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(d) A mural.
14. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To destroy "the others."
(b) To save his neighbor
(c) To find a cure.
(d) To hide from society.
15. In Part I, Chapter 6, what had been found in Colorado?
(a) An ancient mummy, thought to be cursed.
(b) A strain of giant grasshoppers.
(c) An image of the Virgin Mary at Red Rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "I Am Legend" written?
2. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
3. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
4. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
5. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)