|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
(b) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
(c) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
(d) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
2. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
(a) Write a journal.
(b) Have a party.
(d) Go home and drink.
3. On what street does Robert live?
4. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His funny little hat.
(b) His tubby belly.
(c) His shiny bald head.
(d) His newly grown mustache.
5. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A pack of rabid dogs.
(b) A blanketing mist.
(c) Swarms of insects.
(d) Swarms of vampires.
6. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
(b) Bats; men.
(c) A myth; scientific fact.
(d) Boogeymen; guys next door.
7. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
(a) They haven't taken a shower since they became vampires.
(b) A buildup of waste materials in the blood.
(c) Dirty clothing.
(d) Well, they are dead, after all.
8. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A mural.
(b) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(c) A bloodstain.
(d) A huge smashed bug.
9. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
10. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(b) It is a skull and crossbones.
(c) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(d) It is a cross.
11. What kind of car does Robert drive?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A station wagon.
(d) A sedan.
12. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Bram Stoker.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
13. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
(a) Turn into bats.
(b) Sleep in coffins.
(c) Grow long fangs.
(d) Sleep in soil.
14. What does Robert see as he leaves in his car in Chapter 2?
(a) A car blocking the road.
(b) A broken cross.
(c) Two female corpses.
(d) A dog.
15. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He is overjoyed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is paralyzed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
2. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
3. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
4. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
5. Robert recalls something about the pit when he arrives at the field. What does he recall?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)