|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert discovers what system defends the body from germs?
(a) Dewey Decimal.
2. What does Robert find himself consumed by while researching his problem in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A female vampire.
(b) Nostalgia for the past.
(c) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(d) A lack of ambition.
3. In place of the usual garlic wreath, Robert hangs a garland of what outside of his home to see if it, too, will affect the vampires?
4. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(b) It is a skull and crossbones.
(c) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(d) It is a cross.
5. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) Let him take his mother.
(b) To kill him before the vampires did.
(c) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(d) To not leave him alone.
6. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Throws garlic cloves out the door at the vampires.
(b) Lies on the floor in darkness.
(c) Sets the house on fire.
(d) Changes his clothes.
7. In Part I, Chapter 4, to where does Robert drive?
(a) The pit in the field where Kathy was burned.
(b) To Sears to get a new table saw.
(c) The store to restock his water.
(d) The cemetery where Virginia is entombed.
8. In what war did Robert fight?
(a) World War II.
9. Robert paints his living room wall in Part I, Chapter 6. What does it look like?
(a) A fantasy garden.
(c) A dark sky with bright, shining stars.
(d) Canadian woods.
10. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At midday.
(d) At dawn.
11. In Part II, Chapter 9, with what number does Robert become obsessed?
12. What does Robert hear while he is contemplating the existence of vampires in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Vampires taunting him to come outside.
(b) The roar of a car engine.
(c) Barking dogs.
(d) Absolutely nothing.
13. What has happened to the vampire that Robert threw on the grass in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) It looks and smells like someone who has been dead for years.
(b) It has come back to life and is stalking him.
(c) It has turned into a pile of ashes.
(d) It has turned into a bat.
14. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
(a) Silver bullets.
(b) Lead pipe.
(d) Holy water.
15. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
(a) A virulent parasite.
(c) Bacterial pneumonia.
(d) A virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "I Am Legend" written?
2. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
3. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
4. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
5. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)