|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) The body of another vampire.
(c) Robert's fence.
(d) A water trough.
2. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
(d) The United States.
3. What is wrong with Robert when he wakes up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) He just wants to curl up and die.
(b) He is hungover.
(c) He has caught the virus.
(d) His hand is bleeding badly.
4. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
(a) Venal politicians.
(b) Unscrupulous distillers who sell diluted grain.
(c) Suicide bombing terrorists.
(d) Publishers who sell literature promoting violence.
5. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Chopping garlic cloves.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Tending his garden.
(d) Cooking dinner.
6. In what war did Robert fight?
(c) World War II.
7. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
(a) Several major cities in the U.S. were completely destroyed.
(b) Mass suicides.
(c) Swarms of mosquitoes, flies, and sand fleas.
8. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Sulfuric acid.
(b) Boric acid.
(c) Alyll sulphide.
(d) Potassium carbonate.
9. As Robert is driving through the city in Chapter 2, what does he notice?
(a) That the stores are still open.
(b) That his car looks old and broken down.
(c) That the people look frightened.
(d) That it is utterly deserted.
10. In Part II, Chapter 9, with what number does Robert become obsessed?
11. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
(a) To die peacefully and join his wife and daughter.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) That things would go back to the way they were before.
(d) To go home.
12. What kind of storms are prevalent in the U.S. after the war?
13. What is Robert getting at Sears?
(a) A freezer.
(b) A lathe.
(c) A generator.
(d) A lawn mower.
14. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
(a) They were embalmed and given a normal funeral.
(b) They were taken to the morgue for autopsy.
(c) They were incinerated.
(d) They were buried in mass graves and covered with soil immediately.
15. In place of the usual garlic wreath, Robert hangs a garland of what outside of his home to see if it, too, will affect the vampires?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
2. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
3. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
4. Robert resolves to either figure out how to defeat the vampires or ______________________.
5. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)