|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
(a) Lou Costello.
(b) Barney Fife.
(c) Oliver Hardy.
(d) Bud Abbott.
2. What does Robert realize he has forgotten when he gets to his front door in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His keys.
(c) His gun.
(d) His holy water.
3. What is Robert afraid the vampires will destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His radio.
(b) His generator.
(c) His wife's keepsakes.
(d) His satellite TV.
4. What kind of storms are prevalent in the U.S. after the war?
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders how many vampires do what that signifies a return from the dead?
(a) Turn into bats.
(b) Grow long fangs.
(c) Sleep in soil.
(d) Sleep in coffins.
6. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The generator.
(b) Virginia's wedding ring.
(c) The radio.
(d) The telephone.
7. As Robert drags the vampire's body into his station wagon in Part I, Chapter 4, what does he discover that strikes terror in his heart?
(a) That Kathy has come back from the dead.
(b) That he left all of his stakes at home.
(c) That his watch has stopped.
(d) That he has been bitten.
8. What was Robert's daughter's name?
9. How is Robert described in Chapter 1?
(a) Black hair and brown eyes.
(b) Blond hair and blue eyes.
(c) Red hair and green eyes.
(d) Brown hair and hazel eyes.
10. When defending his behavior to himself, what does Robert say has "fallen with society"?
11. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A bloodstain.
(b) A mural.
(c) A huge smashed bug.
(d) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
12. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 20 mph in the school zone.
(b) 89 mph.
(c) 55 mph.
(d) 110 mph.
13. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(c) "The Tell-tale Heart."
(d) "The House of Seven Gables."
14. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) The United States.
15. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) Dazzling blue.
(b) Gray and dead.
(c) Bright and sunny.
(d) A bit cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert has discovered a new method of killing vampires in Part I, Chapter 4. What is it?
2. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
3. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
4. Ben is in what when Robert goes to his house in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)