|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the vampire that Robert threw on the grass in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) It has turned into a pile of ashes.
(b) It looks and smells like someone who has been dead for years.
(c) It has turned into a bat.
(d) It has come back to life and is stalking him.
2. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) A huge umbrella.
(b) A teepee.
(c) Sheets of plywood.
(d) A tent.
3. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) Throws a bowl of garlic at him.
(b) Shoots him in the left shoulder.
(c) Drops to the floor laughing hysterically.
(d) Shoots him in the head.
4. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben has become inured to what?
(a) Fear of death.
(c) The daily sight of walking corpses.
(d) Horror movies.
5. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His tubby belly.
(b) His funny little hat.
(c) His shiny bald head.
(d) His newly grown mustache.
6. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
(a) Going out in a puff of smoke.
(b) Collapsing into a pile of bones.
(c) There is no other way.
(d) Bleeding to death.
7. What was Robert's daughter's name?
8. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A car.
(b) A cup of sugar.
(d) His table saw.
9. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
(a) Unscrupulous distillers who sell diluted grain.
(b) Suicide bombing terrorists.
(c) Venal politicians.
(d) Publishers who sell literature promoting violence.
10. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
(a) A wing and a prayer.
(b) A new chemistry set.
(c) A female vampire.
(d) The kitchen table.
11. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) He sprays them with acid.
(b) He shoots them through the heart.
(c) He decapitates them with an ax.
(d) He runs them over with his car.
12. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Binds it to a chair.
(b) Drains all of its blood.
(c) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
(d) Locks it in a closet.
13. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
(a) Bud Abbott.
(b) Barney Fife.
(c) Oliver Hardy.
(d) Lou Costello.
14. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Boogeymen; guys next door.
(b) A myth; scientific fact.
(c) Bats; men.
(d) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
15. What is happening when Robert awakens at 3 a.m with an epiphany?
(a) He is being bitten by fire ants.
(b) All the lights went out.
(c) Vampires have broken down his door.
(d) A dust storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
2. What does Robert get at the grocery store in Chapter 2?
3. In Part I, Chapter 4, to where does Robert drive?
4. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. How is the substance created that Robert manufactures in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)