|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(c) His dead daughter.
(d) His dead wife.
2. What is Robert's father's name?
3. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
(a) He throws a tantrum.
(b) He throws his book at the mirror, smashing it.
(c) He smashes his glass and cuts his hand.
(d) He smashes his glass and cuts his forehead.
4. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) A bit cloudy.
(b) Gray and dead.
(c) Dazzling blue.
(d) Bright and sunny.
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
(a) Another, weaker vampire.
(b) A bony dog.
(c) A homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk.
6. How old is Robert?
7. In Part II, Chapter 9, what event does Robert recall?
(a) The previous Christmas.
(b) The birth of his daughter.
(c) His 14th birthday.
(d) Virginia's death.
8. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Sulfuric acid.
(b) Alyll sulphide.
(c) Boric acid.
(d) Potassium carbonate.
9. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A comic book.
(b) His reflection in a broken mirror.
(c) A woman dressed in a toga.
(d) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
10. On what street does Robert live?
11. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Chopping garlic cloves.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Tending his garden.
(d) Cooking dinner.
12. What kind of car does Robert drive?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A sedan.
13. What is happening when Robert awakens at 3 a.m with an epiphany?
(a) All the lights went out.
(b) He is being bitten by fire ants.
(c) A dust storm.
(d) Vampires have broken down his door.
14. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
(c) Vlad the Impaler.
(d) Ancient cures.
15. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A window.
(c) A mirror.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
3. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
4. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
5. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)