|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
2. Robert resolves to either figure out how to defeat the vampires or ______________________.
(a) Nail himself in his house and set it on fire.
(b) Ditch the whole mess, including life.
(c) Just keep fighting.
(d) Move to the mountains and live off of the land.
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
(a) Barney Fife.
(b) Lou Costello.
(c) Oliver Hardy.
(d) Bud Abbott.
4. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
(a) To die peacefully and join his wife and daughter.
(b) To go home.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) That things would go back to the way they were before.
5. What does Robert realize he has forgotten when he gets to his front door in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His holy water.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His keys.
(d) His gun.
6. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Bats; men.
(b) Boogeymen; guys next door.
(c) A myth; scientific fact.
(d) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
7. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
(a) They were embalmed and given a normal funeral.
(b) They were incinerated.
(c) They were buried in mass graves and covered with soil immediately.
(d) They were taken to the morgue for autopsy.
8. What is Robert getting at Sears?
(a) A lawn mower.
(b) A generator.
(c) A freezer.
(d) A lathe.
9. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
(a) "Danke Schoen."
(b) "I'm Getting Married In The Morning."
(c) "How Dry I Am."
(d) "Beethoven's 9th Symphony."
10. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) He sprays them with acid.
(b) He decapitates them with an ax.
(c) He runs them over with his car.
(d) He shoots them through the heart.
11. What was Robert's daughter's name?
12. What is Robert reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(b) "The House of Seven Gables."
(d) "The Tell-tale Heart."
13. Other than the plague, what else happened as a result of the war?
(a) Swarms of mosquitoes, flies, and sand fleas.
(b) Mass suicides.
(d) Several major cities in the U.S. were completely destroyed.
14. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
(a) A dish.
(b) A large mirror.
(c) A huge, mutated insect.
(d) A recording called "The Year of the Plague."
15. How many stakes does Robert use at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert compares the behavior of vampires to several types of people. Which of the following is NOT one of the people Robert mentions?
3. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
4. Ben is in what when Robert goes to his house in Part II, Chapter 9?
5. What is Robert's father's name?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)