|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
(b) A myth; scientific fact.
(c) Bats; men.
(d) Boogeymen; guys next door.
2. In what war did Robert fight?
(b) World War II.
3. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
(a) A large mirror.
(b) A dish.
(c) A recording called "The Year of the Plague."
(d) A huge, mutated insect.
4. When the event occurs in Part II, Chapter 9, what is Robert's first reaction?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He is overjoyed.
(d) He is paralyzed.
5. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At midday.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At dusk.
6. What kind of car does Robert drive?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A sports car.
7. What do the female vampires do to taunt Robert?
(a) They make fun of him.
(b) They tell him that he'll never get away.
(c) They sing loudly.
(d) They behave lewdly.
8. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
(a) The vampires burned it down, so he moved to one close by.
(c) He tore it down and built a new one.
(d) He fixed the generator and soundproofed the house.
9. What does Robert find himself consumed by while researching his problem in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A swarm of mosquitoes.
(b) Nostalgia for the past.
(c) A lack of ambition.
(d) A female vampire.
10. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
(a) A bony dog.
(b) A homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk.
(c) Another, weaker vampire.
11. In Part I, Chapter 6, what had been found in Colorado?
(a) An ancient mummy, thought to be cursed.
(c) A strain of giant grasshoppers.
(d) An image of the Virgin Mary at Red Rocks.
12. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Sets the house on fire.
(b) Changes his clothes.
(c) Throws garlic cloves out the door at the vampires.
(d) Lies on the floor in darkness.
13. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) Bright and sunny.
(b) Dazzling blue.
(c) Gray and dead.
(d) A bit cloudy.
14. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Bram Stoker.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Stephen King.
15. As Robert is driving through the city in Chapter 2, what does he notice?
(a) That the stores are still open.
(b) That his car looks old and broken down.
(c) That the people look frightened.
(d) That it is utterly deserted.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
2. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
3. What is happening when Robert awakens at 3 a.m with an epiphany?
4. In Part II, Chapter 9, why were the bodies of plague victims treated the way they were?
5. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)