|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) Potassium carbonate.
(b) Alyll sulphide.
(c) Sulfuric acid.
(d) Boric acid.
2. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
(b) All of the answers are true.
3. What does Robert hear while he is contemplating the existence of vampires in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Absolutely nothing.
(b) Barking dogs.
(c) Vampires taunting him to come outside.
(d) The roar of a car engine.
4. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(b) The United States was bombed.
(c) Nothing. The people were already sick.
(d) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
5. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His newly grown mustache.
(b) His funny little hat.
(c) His shiny bald head.
(d) His tubby belly.
6. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
(a) Dirty clothing.
(b) A buildup of waste materials in the blood.
(c) They haven't taken a shower since they became vampires.
(d) Well, they are dead, after all.
7. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At midday.
(d) At dusk.
8. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A huge smashed bug.
(b) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(c) A mural.
(d) A bloodstain.
9. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Bram Stoker.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Stephen King.
10. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
(a) Write a journal.
(c) Go home and drink.
(d) Have a party.
11. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
(a) A wing and a prayer.
(b) A female vampire.
(c) A new chemistry set.
(d) The kitchen table.
12. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(b) To kill him before the vampires did.
(c) To not leave him alone.
(d) Let him take his mother.
13. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben has become inured to what?
(a) Fear of death.
(b) The daily sight of walking corpses.
(d) Horror movies.
14. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Sets the house on fire.
(b) Lies on the floor in darkness.
(c) Throws garlic cloves out the door at the vampires.
(d) Changes his clothes.
15. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be turned over to the vampires.
(b) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
(c) He could be put to death.
(d) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
2. What does Robert realize he has forgotten when he gets to his front door in Part I, Chapter 5?
3. What notion does Robert reject in Chapter 2?
4. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
5. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)