|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 10, how does Robert decide he needs to study the problem?
(a) From another angle.
(b) Out in the field.
(c) Without prejudice.
2. What does Robert get out of his dresser drawer after he sees the vampires destroying his personal property?
(a) A Bible.
(b) His stash of stakes.
(c) A bottle of Jack Daniels.
3. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At midday.
(d) At dusk.
4. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
(a) Bleeding to death.
(b) Collapsing into a pile of bones.
(c) There is no other way.
(d) Going out in a puff of smoke.
5. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Virginia's wedding ring.
(b) The generator.
(c) The radio.
(d) The telephone.
6. What is part of Robert's daily routine in Chapter 1?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Chopping garlic cloves.
(c) Tending his garden.
(d) Cooking dinner.
7. Robert paints his living room wall in Part I, Chapter 6. What does it look like?
(a) A dark sky with bright, shining stars.
(b) A fantasy garden.
(d) Canadian woods.
8. What kind of car does Robert drive?
(a) A station wagon.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A sports car.
(d) A sedan.
9. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) That his wound healed very quickly, almost too quickly.
(b) That his wound hasn't healed.
(c) That he can't live like this forever.
(d) That he is somehow immune from infection.
10. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(c) His dead wife.
(d) His dead daughter.
11. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
(d) The United States.
12. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a skull and crossbones.
(b) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(c) It is a cross.
(d) It is a rose with his wife's name.
13. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(b) A bloodstain.
(c) A huge smashed bug.
(d) A mural.
14. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
(a) All of the answers are true.
15. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A cup of sugar.
(b) A car.
(c) His table saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
2. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
3. What does Robert hear while he is contemplating the existence of vampires in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
5. What does Robert do to express his frustration in Part I, Chapter3?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)