|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert pack in Chapter 2?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A bag of stakes.
(c) A gun.
(d) A picnic basket.
2. What is Robert's last name?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
(a) He slams the door over the peephole, refusing to be drawn in.
(b) He laughs at her, yelling, "Take it off!"
(c) He watches intently, unable to tear his eyes away.
(d) He shoots her.
4. What do the female vampires do to taunt Robert?
(a) They tell him that he'll never get away.
(b) They make fun of him.
(c) They behave lewdly.
(d) They sing loudly.
5. What has happened to the vampire that Robert threw on the grass in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) It has turned into a pile of ashes.
(b) It has turned into a bat.
(c) It has come back to life and is stalking him.
(d) It looks and smells like someone who has been dead for years.
6. In Part II, Chapter 7, on what does Robert perform his experiments?
(a) A wing and a prayer.
(b) A female vampire.
(c) A new chemistry set.
(d) The kitchen table.
7. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) A tent.
(b) A teepee.
(c) Sheets of plywood.
(d) A huge umbrella.
8. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
(a) There is no other way.
(b) Collapsing into a pile of bones.
(c) Bleeding to death.
(d) Going out in a puff of smoke.
9. As Robert is driving through the city in Chapter 2, what does he notice?
(a) That it is utterly deserted.
(b) That the stores are still open.
(c) That his car looks old and broken down.
(d) That the people look frightened.
10. In what war did Robert fight?
(a) World War II.
11. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A woman dressed in a toga.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(d) His reflection in a broken mirror.
12. What does Robert get out of his dresser drawer after he sees the vampires destroying his personal property?
(b) His stash of stakes.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A bottle of Jack Daniels.
13. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Bram Stoker.
14. In Part I, Chapter 6, what had been found in Colorado?
(a) An image of the Virgin Mary at Red Rocks.
(b) A strain of giant grasshoppers.
(d) An ancient mummy, thought to be cursed.
15. What time does the vampire in Robert's house awaken in Part II, Chapter 7?
(a) 11:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
2. What was Robert's daughter's name?
3. In Part II, Chapter 9, how were the bodies of plague victims treated?
4. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
5. Why does Robert get frustrated in Part I, Chapter 3?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)