|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Robert?
2. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To save his neighbor
(b) To destroy "the others."
(c) To hide from society.
(d) To find a cure.
3. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
(a) A buildup of waste materials in the blood.
(b) Well, they are dead, after all.
(c) Dirty clothing.
(d) They haven't taken a shower since they became vampires.
4. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
(a) A large mirror.
(b) A dish.
(c) A recording called "The Year of the Plague."
(d) A huge, mutated insect.
5. How is the sky described in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) Bright and sunny.
(b) Dazzling blue.
(c) A bit cloudy.
(d) Gray and dead.
6. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A woman dressed in a toga.
(d) His reflection in a broken mirror.
7. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Swarms of vampires.
(b) Swarms of insects.
(c) A pack of rabid dogs.
(d) A blanketing mist.
8. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
(b) Nothing. The people were already sick.
(c) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(d) The United States was bombed.
9. In Part I, Chapter 4, to where does Robert drive?
(a) To Sears to get a new table saw.
(b) The cemetery where Virginia is entombed.
(c) The store to restock his water.
(d) The pit in the field where Kathy was burned.
10. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
(a) Lou Costello.
(b) Bud Abbott.
(c) Barney Fife.
(d) Oliver Hardy.
11. What is Robert afraid the vampires will destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His satellite TV.
(b) His radio.
(c) His wife's keepsakes.
(d) His generator.
12. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert wonder?
(a) If he can make a run to the liquor store.
(b) If he should paint a mural on another wall.
(c) If he is the only normal human left.
(d) If the book he is reading is fact or fiction.
13. In Part II, Chapter 8, Robert wonders if Mohammedan vampires are affected by what?
(a) Holy water.
(b) The cross.
(d) The menorah.
14. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
(a) Ben Cortman scratches him.
(b) A female vampire bites him.
(c) He crashes into a pole and hits his head on the steering wheel.
(d) He cuts himself climbing over a fence.
15. Why does Robert get frustrated in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) He runs out of liquor.
(b) The book is missing several pages.
(c) He didn't finish his chores.
(d) There isn't enough light to read by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert find himself consumed by while researching his problem in Part II, Chapter 9?
2. What does Robert manufacture in an attempt to kill the vampires in Part II, Chapter 7?
3. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
4. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. What is Robert's last name?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)