|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At midday.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At dusk.
2. On what street does Robert live?
3. What is Robert's father's name?
4. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(b) Let him take his mother.
(c) To kill him before the vampires did.
(d) To not leave him alone.
5. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Drains all of its blood.
(b) Locks it in a closet.
(c) Binds it to a chair.
(d) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
6. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) The Los Angeles public library.
(b) The nearest Internet cafe.
(c) Main Street Bar and Grille.
(d) The University of California.
7. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be turned over to the vampires.
(b) He could be put to death.
(c) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
(d) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
8. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A bloodstain.
(b) A huge smashed bug.
(c) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(d) A mural.
9. What does Robert see as he leaves in his car in Chapter 2?
(a) A dog.
(b) Two female corpses.
(c) A broken cross.
(d) A car blocking the road.
10. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
(a) A candlestick.
(b) The body of another vampire.
(c) A water trough.
(d) Robert's fence.
11. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(b) The United States was bombed.
(c) Nothing. The people were already sick.
(d) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
12. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) Sheets of plywood.
(b) A teepee.
(c) A huge umbrella.
(d) A tent.
13. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His newly grown mustache.
(b) His tubby belly.
(c) His shiny bald head.
(d) His funny little hat.
14. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
(a) Paleness, weakness, and an inability to eat or sleep.
(b) Black sores, fever, and tongue swelling.
(c) Overall weakness, fever, and chills.
(d) Vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite.
15. What notion does Robert reject in Chapter 2?
(a) That his wife is dead.
(b) That he is the last human remaining.
(c) That his car needs to be replaced.
(d) That vampires can't see themselves in mirrors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
2. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
3. How does Robert kill three vampires in Part I, Chapter 5?
4. What does Robert pack in Chapter 2?
5. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)