|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
(a) Its brain.
(b) Its heart.
(c) Its solar plexus.
(d) Its blood.
2. What time does Robert wake up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
3. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Bram Stoker.
4. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His shiny bald head.
(b) His funny little hat.
(c) His tubby belly.
(d) His newly grown mustache.
5. What is Robert's father's name?
6. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben reminds Robert of what character?
(a) Barney Fife.
(b) Lou Costello.
(c) Bud Abbott.
(d) Oliver Hardy.
7. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) Throws a bowl of garlic at him.
(b) Drops to the floor laughing hysterically.
(c) Shoots him in the head.
(d) Shoots him in the left shoulder.
8. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(b) To kill him before the vampires did.
(c) To not leave him alone.
(d) Let him take his mother.
9. What is on Robert's living room wall?
(a) A bloodstain.
(b) A mural.
(c) A photograph of his wife and daughter.
(d) A huge smashed bug.
10. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(c) His dead daughter.
(d) His dead wife.
11. What does Robert smash in Chapter 1?
(a) A recording called "The Year of the Plague."
(b) A large mirror.
(c) A huge, mutated insect.
(d) A dish.
12. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
(a) "How Dry I Am."
(b) "Beethoven's 9th Symphony."
(c) "I'm Getting Married In The Morning."
(d) "Danke Schoen."
13. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
(a) Nothing. It just whines and snarls at him.
(b) "I don't know."
(c) "It is a sign of faith in something greater than us, and we fear it."
(d) "The devil is our master, not the entity that the cross serves."
14. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert wonder?
(a) If the book he is reading is fact or fiction.
(b) If he can make a run to the liquor store.
(c) If he should paint a mural on another wall.
(d) If he is the only normal human left.
15. What does Robert see as he leaves in his car in Chapter 2?
(a) Two female corpses.
(b) A car blocking the road.
(c) A dog.
(d) A broken cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Robert?
2. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
3. What were the men wearing who took Kathy after she died?
4. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
5. What was Robert's daughter's name?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)