|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
(a) A buildup of waste materials in the blood.
(b) Well, they are dead, after all.
(c) They haven't taken a shower since they became vampires.
(d) Dirty clothing.
2. What other important item do the vampires destroy in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The generator.
(b) The radio.
(c) The telephone.
(d) Virginia's wedding ring.
3. What kind of car does Robert drive?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A station wagon.
(c) A sports car.
(d) A sedan.
4. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
(a) He allows holy water to drip on it drop by drop, slowly torturing it.
(b) He throws it out into the sunlight where it burns.
(c) He slaps it across the face and throws it out the door.
(d) He drives a stake into its heart.
5. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
(a) There is no other way.
(b) Going out in a puff of smoke.
(c) Collapsing into a pile of bones.
(d) Bleeding to death.
6. In Part I, Chapter 3, Robert feels a bit of sympathy towards vampires, but he would still never __________.
(a) Turn his back on one.
(b) Invite one to dinner.
(c) Allow one to cross his threshhold.
(d) Let his sister marry one.
7. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(b) To not leave him alone.
(c) To kill him before the vampires did.
(d) Let him take his mother.
8. On what street does Robert live?
9. As Robert is driving through the city in Chapter 2, what does he notice?
(a) That it is utterly deserted.
(b) That the stores are still open.
(c) That his car looks old and broken down.
(d) That the people look frightened.
10. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) His dead daughter.
(d) His father.
11. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A woman dressed in a toga.
(d) His reflection in a broken mirror.
12. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be put to death.
(b) He could be turned over to the vampires.
(c) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
(d) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
13. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
(a) A tent.
(b) Sheets of plywood.
(c) A huge umbrella.
(d) A teepee.
14. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
(a) "How Dry I Am."
(b) "I'm Getting Married In The Morning."
(c) "Beethoven's 9th Symphony."
(d) "Danke Schoen."
15. Where did Virginia and Robert consider sending Kathy in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) To Disney Land.
(b) To Virginia's mother's house.
(c) To her cousin's family up north.
(d) To the local pediatrician's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
2. What is happening when Robert awakens at 3 a.m with an epiphany?
3. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
4. In Part II, Chapter 9, why were the bodies of plague victims treated the way they were?
5. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)