|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the men wearing who took Kathy after she died?
(a) Canvas and masks.
(b) Black suits and dark sunglasses.
(c) Biohazard suits.
(d) Crosses and priests' robes.
2. In Part I, Chapter 6, what had been found in Colorado?
(a) An ancient mummy, thought to be cursed.
(b) An image of the Virgin Mary at Red Rocks.
(d) A strain of giant grasshoppers.
3. In Part II, Chapter 9, with what number does Robert become obsessed?
4. When Robert is at Sears, what does he find humorous?
(a) A woman dressed in a toga.
(b) His reflection in a broken mirror.
(c) A comic book.
(d) A vampire hiding in a display freezer.
5. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) The United States was bombed.
(b) Nothing. The people were already sick.
(c) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(d) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
6. Robert paints his living room wall in Part I, Chapter 6. What does it look like?
(b) Canadian woods.
(c) A fantasy garden.
(d) A dark sky with bright, shining stars.
7. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) Main Street Bar and Grille.
(b) The nearest Internet cafe.
(c) The Los Angeles public library.
(d) The University of California.
8. What is Robert's father's name?
9. Where did Virginia and Robert consider sending Kathy in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) To her cousin's family up north.
(b) To Virginia's mother's house.
(c) To the local pediatrician's office.
(d) To Disney Land.
10. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
(a) He slams the door over the peephole, refusing to be drawn in.
(b) He shoots her.
(c) He laughs at her, yelling, "Take it off!"
(d) He watches intently, unable to tear his eyes away.
11. Vampires die in two ways. One way is by turning to ashes. What is the other way?
(a) There is no other way.
(b) Going out in a puff of smoke.
(c) Bleeding to death.
(d) Collapsing into a pile of bones.
12. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
(b) Another, weaker vampire.
(c) A bony dog.
(d) A homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk.
13. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
(b) He could be put to death.
(c) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
(d) He could be turned over to the vampires.
14. What does Robert pack in Chapter 2?
(a) A gun.
(b) A picnic basket.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A bag of stakes.
15. What does Robert get out of his dresser drawer after he sees the vampires destroying his personal property?
(a) A bottle of Jack Daniels.
(b) A Bible.
(d) His stash of stakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
2. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
3. What did Robert erect around Kathy's bed to shelter her from the storms?
4. What is Robert getting at Sears?
5. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)