|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) Shoots him in the left shoulder.
(b) Drops to the floor laughing hysterically.
(c) Throws a bowl of garlic at him.
(d) Shoots him in the head.
2. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
(a) "It is a sign of faith in something greater than us, and we fear it."
(b) Nothing. It just whines and snarls at him.
(c) "I don't know."
(d) "The devil is our master, not the entity that the cross serves."
3. In Part I, Chapter 5, when does Robert arrive home?
(a) At midday.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At dawn.
4. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
(a) Ben Cortman scratches him.
(b) He cuts himself climbing over a fence.
(c) He crashes into a pole and hits his head on the steering wheel.
(d) A female vampire bites him.
5. What does Robert realize when he takes the bandage off his hand in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) That he is somehow immune from infection.
(b) That his wound hasn't healed.
(c) That he can't live like this forever.
(d) That his wound healed very quickly, almost too quickly.
6. What was Robert's reaction when the men came for Kathy's body?
(a) He ran after them.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) He had to be dragged away.
(d) He screamed.
7. According to Part I, Chapter 3, vampires were once ___________ but now are _____________.
(a) Boogeymen; guys next door.
(b) Bats; men.
(c) Bedtime story; characters in a horror movie.
(d) A myth; scientific fact.
8. Whom does Robert call out to at the end of Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His dead wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His dead daughter.
9. Ben is in what when Robert goes to his house in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) Tears because of Freda's death.
(b) A bad mood.
(c) His "daytime coma."
(d) The bathtub.
10. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) The Los Angeles public library.
(b) Main Street Bar and Grille.
(c) The nearest Internet cafe.
(d) The University of California.
11. What does Robert think explains the musty odor given off by vampires?
(a) They haven't taken a shower since they became vampires.
(b) Well, they are dead, after all.
(c) A buildup of waste materials in the blood.
(d) Dirty clothing.
12. What does Robert realize he has forgotten when he gets to his front door in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) His holy water.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His keys.
(d) His gun.
13. What is the protagonist's mission in Chapter 1?
(a) To destroy "the others."
(b) To find a cure.
(c) To save his neighbor
(d) To hide from society.
14. What was the melody played by Ben's door chimes?
(a) "Danke Schoen."
(b) "I'm Getting Married In The Morning."
(c) "How Dry I Am."
(d) "Beethoven's 9th Symphony."
15. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Bram Stoker.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert wonder?
2. What does Robert get at the grocery store in Chapter 2?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
4. On what street does Robert live?
5. What does Robert find himself consumed by while researching his problem in Part II, Chapter 9?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)