|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert's house smell like?
(c) Wet dog.
2. What were the men wearing who took Kathy after she died?
(a) Black suits and dark sunglasses.
(b) Biohazard suits.
(c) Crosses and priests' robes.
(d) Canvas and masks.
3. What does Robert see as he leaves in his car in Chapter 2?
(a) Two female corpses.
(b) A dog.
(c) A broken cross.
(d) A car blocking the road.
4. What is Robert thinking about replacing in Chapter 1?
(a) A mirror.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His wife.
(d) A window.
5. Who won the war mentioned in Part I, Chapter 6?
(c) The United States.
6. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Stephen King.
(b) Bram Stoker.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
7. In Part II, Chapter 8, what does Robert do when the female vampire begins pulling up her dress?
(a) He shoots her.
(b) He laughs at her, yelling, "Take it off!"
(c) He watches intently, unable to tear his eyes away.
(d) He slams the door over the peephole, refusing to be drawn in.
8. What happens after Robert realizes that the vampires are basically immune to his latest weapon in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) He drinks himself into a stupor.
(b) He races around the house looking for another weapon.
(c) He destroys the mural.
(d) He waits to die.
9. When defending his behavior to himself, what does Robert say has "fallen with society"?
10. How fast does Robert drive in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 89 mph.
(b) 110 mph.
(c) 55 mph.
(d) 20 mph in the school zone.
11. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
(a) Have a party.
(c) Go home and drink.
(d) Write a journal.
12. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
(a) Ben Cortman scratches him.
(b) He crashes into a pole and hits his head on the steering wheel.
(c) He cuts himself climbing over a fence.
(d) A female vampire bites him.
13. What was Robert's reaction when the men came for Kathy's body?
(a) He ran after them.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) He screamed.
(d) He had to be dragged away.
14. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is Robert's silent wish?
(a) That things would go back to the way they were before.
(b) To win the lottery.
(c) To go home.
(d) To die peacefully and join his wife and daughter.
15. After Robert injects the vampire in Part II, Chapter 7, what does he do with it?
(a) Drains all of its blood.
(b) Binds it to a chair.
(c) Locks it in a closet.
(d) Smears its body with mashed garlic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Robert?
2. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
3. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
4. What does Robert get out of his dresser drawer after he sees the vampires destroying his personal property?
5. In Part I, Chapter 4, to where does Robert drive?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)