|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 6, what had been found in Colorado?
(a) An image of the Virgin Mary at Red Rocks.
(b) A strain of giant grasshoppers.
(d) An ancient mummy, thought to be cursed.
2. What happens to make Robert bleed during his mad dash home after his watch stops?
(a) He crashes into a pole and hits his head on the steering wheel.
(b) He cuts himself climbing over a fence.
(c) A female vampire bites him.
(d) Ben Cortman scratches him.
3. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Sets the house on fire.
(b) Lies on the floor in darkness.
(c) Changes his clothes.
(d) Throws garlic cloves out the door at the vampires.
4. When defending his behavior to himself, what does Robert say has "fallen with society"?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Robert's house smell like?
(b) Wet dog.
6. What time does Robert wake up in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
7. After the vampire bites him, what does Robert do with it?
(a) He throws it out into the sunlight where it burns.
(b) He allows holy water to drip on it drop by drop, slowly torturing it.
(c) He slaps it across the face and throws it out the door.
(d) He drives a stake into its heart.
8. When Robert asks a vampire why it is afraid of the cross in Part II, Chapter 7, what is the vampire's reply?
(a) Nothing. It just whines and snarls at him.
(b) "The devil is our master, not the entity that the cross serves."
(c) "I don't know."
(d) "It is a sign of faith in something greater than us, and we fear it."
9. In what year was "I Am Legend" written?
10. What part of a vampire does Robert think the more effective method of killing affects?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its solar plexus.
(c) Its brain.
(d) Its blood.
11. In Part I, Chapter 6, what has Robert done to his house?
(a) The vampires burned it down, so he moved to one close by.
(c) He tore it down and built a new one.
(d) He fixed the generator and soundproofed the house.
12. What does Robert do when he sees Ben jump over the object in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) Throws a bowl of garlic at him.
(b) Shoots him in the head.
(c) Drops to the floor laughing hysterically.
(d) Shoots him in the left shoulder.
13. What is Robert doing while reading?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Whistling a jaunty tune.
(d) Eating popcorn.
14. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben has become inured to what?
(a) The daily sight of walking corpses.
(b) Fear of death.
(c) Horror movies.
15. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
(a) Write a journal.
(c) Go home and drink.
(d) Have a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 8, the vampires are stalking their prey. What is their prey?
2. What has infected mankind in Chapter 1?
3. What does Robert read about to continue his investigation into vampires?
4. What does Robert get at the grocery store in Chapter 2?
5. How old is Robert?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)