|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Ben that reminds Robert of a comedian in Part II, Chapter 8?
(a) His newly grown mustache.
(b) His tubby belly.
(c) His funny little hat.
(d) His shiny bald head.
2. As Part I, Chapter 6 opens, what year is it?
3. What does Robert do when he finally gets in the house in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) Lies on the floor in darkness.
(b) Changes his clothes.
(c) Sets the house on fire.
(d) Throws garlic cloves out the door at the vampires.
4. Who is the author of the book that Robert is reading in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Stephen King.
(d) Bram Stoker.
5. Robert recalls the beginning of the plague. A war began. What happened during that war to begin all the trouble?
(a) Nothing. The people were already sick.
(b) The enemy used chemical warfare on American citizens.
(c) The United States was bombed.
(d) A swarm of infected insects came over on an enemy plane.
6. In Part II, Chapter 7, Robert is not satisfied that the epidemic was caused by what?
(c) All of the answers are true.
7. What does Robert's discovery of a more effective way of killing vampires inspire him to do?
(a) Have a party.
(c) Write a journal.
(d) Go home and drink.
8. In Part II, Chapter 9, with what number does Robert become obsessed?
9. As the neighbor watched Robert in Part II, Chapter 9, what did he ask of Robert?
(a) To not leave him alone.
(b) To let him know when Robert got home safely.
(c) To kill him before the vampires did.
(d) Let him take his mother.
10. Robert recalls something about the pit when he arrives at the field. What does he recall?
(a) Kathy is in there.
(b) It has been there for years.
(c) No one knows its origin.
(d) It was once a landfill.
11. Robert has a tattoo. What does it look like?
(a) It is a cross.
(b) It is a rose with his daughter's name.
(c) It is a rose with his wife's name.
(d) It is a skull and crossbones.
12. What has happened to the vampire that Robert threw on the grass in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) It has turned into a bat.
(b) It has turned into a pile of ashes.
(c) It has come back to life and is stalking him.
(d) It looks and smells like someone who has been dead for years.
13. In Part II, Chapter 9, what could happen to Robert for disobeying the authorities?
(a) He could be turned over to the vampires.
(b) Nothing. There was no one left to enforce the law.
(c) He could be put to death.
(d) He could be locked up for the rest of his life.
14. What does Robert try to borrow from Ben in Part II, Chapter 9?
(a) A cup of sugar.
(b) A car.
(d) His table saw.
15. Where did Virginia and Robert consider sending Kathy in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) To the local pediatrician's office.
(b) To her cousin's family up north.
(c) To Virginia's mother's house.
(d) To Disney Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go to study the problem presented in Part II, Chapter 9?
2. Ben is in what when Robert goes to his house in Part II, Chapter 9?
3. From what symptoms did victims of the plague suffer?
4. In Part II, Chapter 8, Ben jumps over what object?
5. What is Robert attacked by on his way home in Part I, Chapter 5?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)