Part I, Chapter 1
* It is January 1976, and Robert Neville is the only survivor of a plague that turns humans into vampires.
* His mission is to destroy "the others" before they can infect him.
* Robert is 36 years old with blond hair and blue eyes.
* Robert spends part of his day repairing the protective measures on his home and chopping garlic to make wreaths.
* For recreation, he drinks, smokes, cooks, reads science books, and listens to classical music.
* He has a tattoo of a cross on his chest, which he feels may have saved his life.
* He is constantly being taunted by the vampires in a number of different ways.
* As he sleeps, he dreams of a woman named Virginia.
Part I, Chapter 2
* Robert watches the vampires through a peephole.
* He creates a list of tasks to do for the day.
* He retrieves the bodies of two women and puts...
This section contains 2,590 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)