Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David credit for his escape?
2. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
3. Why does David stay so long in the house?
4. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
5. What does David tell God he no longer has to do?
Throughout the novel there is reference to David's eyes. This is later linked in the novel to the eyes of Edith, his mother. Explain what people see when they look into David's eyes, in terms of why they find his eyes do unique. What in David's life has led him to show the expression in his eyes that he shows? Why does his mother have the same eyes? How does the author use this to link not only their genetics, but their experiences?
Several times in the novel, David uses water to cleanse himself of various negative events. Choose one of the following examples, and discuss, in depth, how the cleansing David performs symbolizes the cleansing of his spirit and his inner self.
* David's scrubbing after escaping the camp
* David's washing following his beating by Carlo
* David's daily washing in the house of Giovanni
Foreshadowing is used extensively throughout the novel to help indicate future events. Choose two examples of foreshadowing, and discuss how these examples indicate events to occur within the novel. Do you think the author uses foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)