|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He lost his friends.
(b) He loved his new family.
(c) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(d) He loved Maria.
2. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
(a) They are visible in darkness.
(b) He may need them for winter.
(c) They hurt his feet.
(d) They are worn out.
3. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(b) He thinks he is a bad person.
(c) He thinks he is a killer.
(d) He thinks he is a thief.
4. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
(a) That he hates the man.
(b) That he has escaped.
(c) That he was in the camp.
(d) That he is alive.
5. What does Maria ask David to do?
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
2. What animal befriends David in the stable?
3. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
4. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
5. What does David see in a newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
2. Explain what Sophie means by "someone has broken his spirit".
3. Explain what happens to King.
4. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
5. Explain David's opinion about ruling over others.
6. Describe the frontier post, and how David managed to avoid it.
7. Explain David's experience within the church.
8. What does David realize about King's actions?
9. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
10. Why does Giovanni's wife want David to leave?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)