|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask the priest for?
(b) His blessing.
(d) A view of a map.
2. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He lost his friends.
(b) He loved his new family.
(c) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(d) He loved Maria.
3. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His love.
(c) His anger.
(d) His speech.
4. What does the woman David meets wish to do?
(a) Record his voice.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Listen to his story.
(d) Paint him.
5. Why does David stay so long in the house?
(a) He is afraid of police in towns ahead.
(b) He has access to books.
(c) He likes the children in the house.
(d) He doesn't want to move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David learn about countries?
2. How does David earn money in these places?
3. What does David ask God to do?
4. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
5. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Sophie means by "someone has broken his spirit".
2. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
3. Why does Giovanni's wife want David to leave?
4. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
5. How does David cross into Denmark?
6. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
7. Describe the individuals at the farm.
8. Why does Giovanni respect David?
9. Why is being able to use proper wording important to David?
10. Explain David's experience within the church.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)