|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
(a) She is in a camp in Germany.
(b) She is likely David's mother.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is dead.
3. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him feel loved.
(b) For trapping him with the farmer.
(c) For making him lonely.
(d) For making him believe he was safe.
4. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was taking care of David.
(b) Because he was David's brother.
(c) Because he was his mother's brother.
(d) Because he was David's father.
5. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) God is cruel.
(b) There are many Gods.
(c) God is dead.
(d) There is only one God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
2. With which child does David feel most at ease?
3. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
4. Who rescues David from the snow?
5. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)