|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
(a) That it is missing.
(b) That it is strong.
(c) That it has been broken.
(d) That it is silent.
2. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was David's father.
(b) Because he was taking care of David.
(c) Because he was David's brother.
(d) Because he was his mother's brother.
3. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That Carlo was bad.
(b) That Carlo was not bad.
(c) That the farmer is a good person.
(d) That he is stupid.
4. Where is David steered to earn money?
(a) Train stations.
(c) Ship yards.
(d) Boat docks.
5. What does Maria do that David would like to do?
(d) Go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think of Carlo?
2. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
3. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
4. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
5. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)