|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To her home to eat.
(b) To an orphanage.
(c) To a local shelter.
(d) To the police.
2. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The son.
(c) The wife.
3. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Make the bed.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Remain silent.
4. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
(d) A ride.
5. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He will be tired.
(c) He will be released.
(d) He will be captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David find living with people difficult?
2. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
3. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
4. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
5. What does King do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
2. Explain how being kept a slave on the farm is beneficial to David.
3. Why does David now believe the man kept him in the concentration camp, only to take care of him and eventually let him go?
4. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
5. Explain what Sophie means by "someone has broken his spirit".
6. Why is being able to use proper wording important to David?
7. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
8. How does David cross into Denmark?
9. Why does Giovanni respect David?
10. What does David realize about King's actions?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)