|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts David in Chapter Eight?
(a) Having a dream.
(b) Having a goal.
(c) Having King with him.
(d) Having a blanket.
2. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To her home to eat.
(b) To an orphanage.
(c) To a local shelter.
(d) To the police.
3. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was his mother's brother.
(b) Because he was taking care of David.
(c) Because he was David's brother.
(d) Because he was David's father.
4. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him believe he was safe.
(b) For making him feel loved.
(c) For trapping him with the farmer.
(d) For making him lonely.
5. Who does David credit for his escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David see in a newspaper?
2. Why does David want to see France?
3. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
4. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
5. What is the animal's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to King.
2. What is the significance of David touching Maria?
3. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
4. How does David cross into Denmark?
5. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
6. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
7. Explain David's experience within the church.
8. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
9. Describe the individuals at the farm.
10. Explain David's opinion about ruling over others.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)