|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was taking care of David.
(b) Because he was David's brother.
(c) Because he was David's father.
(d) Because he was his mother's brother.
2. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is housed for the winter.
(b) He is paid.
(c) He likes the farmer's family.
(d) He is able to see a map.
3. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They are all intelligent.
(b) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(c) They are all cruel.
(d) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
4. What happens to King?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He is shot and killed.
(d) He is wounded.
5. How does David earn money in these places?
(a) He translates.
(b) He drive people places.
(c) He delivers food.
(d) He delivers drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to explain his departure to the parents?
2. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
3. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
4. Why doesn't David go back?
5. What does David see in a newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the individuals at the farm.
2. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
3. Explain what David realizes about milk.
4. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
5. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
6. What does David realize about King's actions?
7. Why does Giovanni respect David?
8. Describe the frontier post, and how David managed to avoid it.
9. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
10. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)