|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That Carlo was bad.
(b) That the farmer is a good person.
(c) That Carlo was not bad.
(d) That he is stupid.
3. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Maria a letter.
(b) Writes Sophie a letter.
(c) Writes Carlo a letter.
(d) Writes Edith a letter.
4. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is highly damaged.
(b) It is incorrect.
(c) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(d) It is childish.
5. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(b) He is too expensive to feed.
(c) He is of no use to the farmer.
(d) He is no longer working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David learn about countries?
2. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
3. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
4. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
5. What is David asked to do inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
2. Describe how David escapes the stable.
3. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
4. What does David realize about King's actions?
5. Why is being able to use proper wording important to David?
6. Explain what David realizes about milk.
7. Explain why David doesn't like dogs, and how his friendship with King develops.
8. What is the significance of David touching Maria?
9. Describe the frontier post, and how David managed to avoid it.
10. Explain David's experience within the church.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)