|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell God he no longer has to do?
(a) Listen to him.
(b) Care for him.
(c) Protect David from them.
(d) Love him.
2. What is the animal's name?
3. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he can never belong.
(b) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
(c) He knows he will be captured.
(d) He knows he will be tortured.
4. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(a) The son.
(c) The farmer.
(d) The wife.
5. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is housed for the winter.
(b) He is able to see a map.
(c) He is paid.
(d) He likes the farmer's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
2. What do the parents note about David's speech?
3. What does David start to believe he is?
4. Why does David find living with people difficult?
5. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how David escapes the stable.
2. What does David realize about King's actions?
3. Why does Giovanni respect David?
4. What is the significance of David touching Maria?
5. Describe the frontier post, and how David managed to avoid it.
6. Explain why David doesn't like dogs, and how his friendship with King develops.
7. How does David cross into Denmark?
8. Why does David now believe the man kept him in the concentration camp, only to take care of him and eventually let him go?
9. Explain the newspaper letter David reads, and why it is important to him.
10. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)