|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
(b) They are all intelligent.
(c) They are all cruel.
(d) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
2. What is the woman's name?
3. Who does David meet inside the church?
(b) A nun.
(d) A priest.
4. Where is David steered to earn money?
(a) Boat docks.
(c) Ship yards.
(d) Train stations.
5. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Maria a letter.
(b) Writes Sophie a letter.
(c) Writes Edith a letter.
(d) Writes Carlo a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
2. What does the priest tell David about God?
3. What does King do?
4. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
5. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
2. Explain how being kept a slave on the farm is beneficial to David.
3. Explain why David doesn't like dogs, and how his friendship with King develops.
4. Why does David now believe the man kept him in the concentration camp, only to take care of him and eventually let him go?
5. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
6. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
7. Why does Giovanni respect David?
8. How does David cross into Denmark?
9. Explain David's opinion about ruling over others.
10. Why is being able to use proper wording important to David?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)