|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His height.
(c) His anger.
(d) His love.
2. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(b) He thinks he is a bad person.
(c) He thinks he is a killer.
(d) He thinks he is a thief.
3. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was taking care of David.
(b) Because he was David's father.
(c) Because he was David's brother.
(d) Because he was his mother's brother.
4. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He loved his new family.
(b) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(c) He loved Maria.
(d) He lost his friends.
5. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he is not happy.
(b) That he does not speak.
(c) That he does not smile.
(d) That he not care for anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
2. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
3. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
4. What does Maria ask David to do?
5. What comforts David in Chapter Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain David's opinion about ruling over others.
2. Why does David hate being touched?
3. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
4. How does David cross into Denmark?
5. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
6. Explain why David doesn't like dogs, and how his friendship with King develops.
7. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
8. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
9. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
10. Explain how being kept a slave on the farm is beneficial to David.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)