|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be beaten.
(b) They should not be imprisoned.
(c) They should be killed.
(d) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
2. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That Carlo was not bad.
(c) That the farmer is a good person.
(d) That Carlo was bad.
3. Who does David accidentally find on his way to Denmark?
(a) Maria and her brothers.
(b) The man.
(d) The farmer and his wife.
4. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Carlo a letter.
(b) Writes Maria a letter.
(c) Writes Sophie a letter.
(d) Writes Edith a letter.
5. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is able to see a map.
(b) He is paid.
(c) He is housed for the winter.
(d) He likes the farmer's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal befriends David in the stable?
2. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
3. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
4. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
5. How does David earn money in these places?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Sophie means by "someone has broken his spirit".
2. Explain David's opinion about ruling over others.
3. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
4. What does David realize about King's actions?
5. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
6. What is the significance of David touching Maria?
7. Explain how being kept a slave on the farm is beneficial to David.
8. Why is being able to use proper wording important to David?
9. Why does David hate being touched?
10. Describe how David escapes the stable.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)