|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
(a) He is afraid the police will find David.
(b) He realizes spring is quickly approaching.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He is afraid David will kill him.
2. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
3. What does David start to believe he is?
(a) An important hostage.
(b) A prince.
(c) A king.
(d) A normal child.
4. What does Maria ask David to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Come back.
5. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Come with her to America.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
(d) Follow her to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
2. Who rescues David from the snow?
3. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
4. What is the animal's name?
5. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain David's conversation with God when he realizes the farmer has bolted the door, and his resulting revelation.
2. Explain the newspaper letter David reads, and why it is important to him.
3. Explain what happens to King.
4. What does David realize about King's actions?
5. Why does David hate being touched?
6. Why does Giovanni respect David?
7. Describe the individuals at the farm.
8. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
9. Why does Giovanni's wife want David to leave?
10. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)