|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
(a) A ride.
2. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he not care for anyone.
(b) That he does not smile.
(c) That he is not happy.
(d) That he does not speak.
3. What does Maria do that David would like to do?
(b) Go to school.
4. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates a woman.
(b) As a child hates another child.
(c) As a grown man hates another man.
(d) As a man hates an animal.
5. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him believe he was safe.
(b) For making him feel loved.
(c) For making him lonely.
(d) For trapping him with the farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
2. What does Giovanni respect David for?
3. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
4. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
5. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how David escapes the stable.
2. Why does David hate being touched?
3. Explain what David realizes about milk.
4. Explain David's experience within the church.
5. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
6. Explain what happens to King.
7. Describe the frontier post, and how David managed to avoid it.
8. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
9. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
10. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)