|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Make the bed.
2. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is highly damaged.
(b) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(c) It is childish.
(d) It is incorrect.
3. What happens to King?
(b) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is captured.
4. What does David do to explain his departure to the parents?
(a) He writes them a letter.
(b) He tells Carlo.
(c) He leaves a symbol.
(d) He tells Maria.
5. Who does David meet inside the church?
(b) A nun.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David cross Germany?
2. What is the animal's name?
3. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
4. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
5. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David doesn't like dogs, and how his friendship with King develops.
2. Explain what happens to King.
3. Why does David hate being touched?
4. Describe the individuals at the farm.
5. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
6. Explain the newspaper letter David reads, and why it is important to him.
7. Explain how being kept a slave on the farm is beneficial to David.
8. Explain David's conversation with God when he realizes the farmer has bolted the door, and his resulting revelation.
9. Why does David have such difficulty understanding the young boys he has come to live with?
10. Explain what David realizes about milk.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)