|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Always to blame "them".
(b) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(c) Always to blame others.
(d) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
2. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a bad person.
(b) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(c) He thinks he is a thief.
(d) He thinks he is a killer.
3. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The police.
(b) Local tourists.
(c) A young mother.
(d) The frontier post.
4. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His height.
(c) His anger.
(d) His love.
5. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
2. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
3. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
4. What does David do to explain his departure to the parents?
5. What is David asked to do inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
2. Why does David hate being touched?
3. Explain what happens to King.
4. Why does David now believe the man kept him in the concentration camp, only to take care of him and eventually let him go?
5. What does David realize about King's actions?
6. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
7. Why is being able to use proper wording important to David?
8. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
9. Explain David's experience within the church.
10. Explain what David realizes about milk.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)