|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Always to blame others.
(b) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(c) Always to blame "them".
(d) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
2. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Save him.
(b) Save the dog.
(c) Save the men from King.
(d) Help Maria through life.
3. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a grown man hates another man.
(b) As a man hates an animal.
(c) As a man hates a woman.
(d) As a child hates another child.
4. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That Carlo was not bad.
(c) That Carlo was bad.
(d) That the farmer is a good person.
5. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Carlo a letter.
(b) Writes Maria a letter.
(c) Writes Edith a letter.
(d) Writes Sophie a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to King?
2. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
3. How does David earn money in these places?
4. What does David start to believe he is?
5. How does David learn about countries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David realize about King's actions?
2. Describe the frontier post, and how David managed to avoid it.
3. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
4. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
5. Describe how David escapes the stable.
6. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
7. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
8. Describe the individuals at the farm.
9. Describe how David comes to meet Sophie Hartmann, and describe Sophie.
10. Explain what David realizes about milk.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)