|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell God he no longer has to do?
(a) Listen to him.
(b) Love him.
(c) Protect David from them.
(d) Care for him.
2. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He waves at him.
(c) He talks to him.
(d) He beats him.
3. How does David plan to escape?
(a) By sneaking away at night.
(b) By killing the farmer.
(c) By cutting a hole in the wall, and digging through the snow.
(d) By asking the farmer to release him.
4. Why does David want to see France?
(a) Johannes was from France.
(b) Edith was from France.
(c) Sophie was from France.
(d) The man was from France.
5. What does David start to believe he is?
(a) An important hostage.
(b) A king.
(c) A normal child.
(d) A prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria give to David?
2. How does David cross Germany?
3. What is the animal's name?
4. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
5. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David hate being touched?
2. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
3. Explain why David doesn't like dogs, and how his friendship with King develops.
4. Explain what David realizes about milk.
5. Describe the individuals at the farm.
6. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
7. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
8. How does David locate Edith, and what happens when he arrives?
9. Explain what happens to King.
10. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)