|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
(a) He talks to him.
(b) He waves at him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He beats him.
2. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Leave Rome.
(b) Follow her to Rome.
(c) Come with her to America.
(d) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
3. Where is David steered to earn money?
(a) Boat docks.
(c) Ship yards.
(d) Train stations.
4. What does King do?
(a) Draws attention to himself, allowing David to run.
(b) Runs with David toward the fields.
(c) Whimpers as David is shot.
(d) Bites David as he tries to run.
5. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He will be captured.
(c) He will be tired.
(d) He will be released.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
2. What does David realize about King's actions?
3. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
4. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
5. How does David earn money in these places?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens to King.
2. Why does David stop caring consciously about what happens to him, and how does he manage to keep going?
3. What does David realize about King's actions?
4. Explain David's conversation with God when he realizes the farmer has bolted the door, and his resulting revelation.
5. Explain why David is disheartened in this chapter.
6. Describe how David escapes the stable.
7. How does David cross into Denmark?
8. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
9. Why does David now believe the man kept him in the concentration camp, only to take care of him and eventually let him go?
10. Describe how David comes to meet Sophie Hartmann, and describe Sophie.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)