|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide makes a person smile?
2. What does the family insist David do?
(a) Work for them.
(b) Tell them where he is from.
(c) Go home with them.
(d) Go with the police.
3. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A store.
(b) A church.
(c) A police station.
(d) A house.
4. Why does David require help getting dressed?
(a) He is sick from the smoke.
(b) He has never dressed in fine clothing before.
(c) He is burned badly.
(d) His clothing is damaged, and hard to manage.
5. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
(a) They can never be happy.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are cruel.
(d) They are lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
2. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
3. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
4. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
5. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David knows so little of himself, including where he is from, and what he looks like.
2. Explain why the man on the ship does not turn David in, and how he helps him to escape.
3. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
4. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
5. Explain David's reaction to the baby.
6. Explain why David refused the man's money, and why the man hid money in David's bundle.
7. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
8. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
9. Describe David's first prayer.
10. Why was crossing the road, a dangerous task, a type of turning point for David?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)