|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
(a) Any request for help he asks for in the future.
(b) The next three requests for help.
(c) The next request for help.
(d) The next five requests for help.
2. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
(a) He doesn't want to be violent like him.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He doesn't know how to hit.
(d) He is afraid.
3. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
(a) He doesn't want God to be overwhelmed.
(b) He doesn't want God to ask him for things.
(c) He doesn't want God to dislike him.
(d) He doesn't want God to think he is greedy.
4. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
5. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He screams.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to his hair?
2. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
3. What does David buy with his money?
4. What does David find himself doing after he rescues the young girl?
5. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's first meal with the family.
2. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
3. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
4. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
5. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
6. Why was crossing the road, a dangerous task, a type of turning point for David?
7. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
8. Explain why David thinks Angelo is stupid.
9. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
10. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)