|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(b) Play golf.
2. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A compass.
(b) A book.
(c) A mural.
(d) A map.
3. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He fears it is forbidden.
(b) He is afraid of water.
(c) The water is unclean.
(d) He is shy.
4. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For stalling his car.
(b) For believing David to be a thief.
(c) For giving David money.
(d) For lying to David.
5. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) A half minute.
(d) A minute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David leave the town?
2. What does David do once he is in the stream?
3. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
4. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
5. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David force himself not to think?
2. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
3. What does David say in his letter to Carlo?
4. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
5. Explain David's reaction to the baby.
6. Explain why David doesn't believe he would be good at playing.
7. Explain how being kept a slave on the farm is beneficial to David.
8. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
9. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
10. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)