|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
(a) A new person.
(b) Just himself.
(c) A regular boy.
2. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) An apple.
(b) A god.
(c) A career.
(d) A father.
3. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
(b) A watch.
(d) A wallet.
4. What does David buy with his money?
(a) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(b) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(c) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
(d) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
5. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to his hair?
2. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
3. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
4. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
5. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
2. Explain why David asks God to spare King, and kill him instead.
3. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
4. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
5. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
6. What does David find out about a woman named Edith Fengel.
7. Describe David's response to his new surroundings, and why they are so powerful.
8. Describe the individuals at the farm.
9. What does David realize about King's actions?
10. What happens to David's clothes, and what is the result of this? How does he feel?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)