|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the position of the sun.
(b) By the signs.
(c) By moss on trees.
(d) By the position of the moon.
2. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His family tree.
(d) His own reflection.
3. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He attempts to clean himself.
(b) He cleans his feet.
(c) He swims.
(d) He goes fishing.
4. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) The water is unclean.
(b) He is afraid of water.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He fears it is forbidden.
5. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(c) Play golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
2. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
3. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
4. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
5. What does David use to cross the ravine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David force himself not to think?
2. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
3. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
4. Explain why David decides to stay with the family, when asked.
5. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
6. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
7. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
8. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
9. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
10. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)