|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A piece of bread.
(b) A piece of soap.
(d) A compass.
2. Why does David think Angelo is stupid?
(a) He is without a wife.
(b) He is unintelligent.
(c) He is marrying for money.
(d) He cannot think for himself.
3. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
4. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
(a) He taught him to thank only those he liked.
(b) He taught him never to thank anyone for anything.
(c) He taught him to thank only those he disliked.
(d) He taught him always to say thank you.
5. What does David decide makes a person smile?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David travel?
2. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
3. What does David use to cross the ravine?
4. Why does David decide he must go into town?
5. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
2. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
3. Describe David's first meal with the family.
4. Explain why David decides to stay with the family, when asked.
5. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
6. Explain why David is afraid to attempt to hitchhike.
7. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
8. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
9. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
10. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)