|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
(a) Watch his bundle.
(b) Sit inside the car.
(c) Talk quietly.
(d) Pray for him.
2. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) Many languages.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) The ability to disguise himself well.
(d) The ability to cook.
3. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His anger.
(b) His fear.
(c) His guilt.
(d) His conscience.
4. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For believing David to be a thief.
(b) For stalling his car.
(c) For lying to David.
(d) For giving David money.
5. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David find himself doing after he rescues the young girl?
2. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
3. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
4. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
5. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
2. Why do the people in town eventually wish to catch David?
3. Explain why David knows so many languages, and how this might be able to help him.
4. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
5. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
6. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
7. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
8. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
9. Describe David's first prayer.
10. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)