|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A kitten.
2. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He screams.
(b) He cries.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He smiles.
3. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A wheel.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A walking stick.
4. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
(a) A car.
(b) An owl.
(c) A dog.
(d) A plane.
5. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) A steak.
(b) A banana.
(c) An orange.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David get money for food?
2. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
3. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
4. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
5. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David knows so little of himself, including where he is from, and what he looks like.
2. Explain why David thinks Angelo is stupid.
3. Explain the scene between David and the couple who are out of gas. Why are they suspicious, and how does David disarm them?
4. Explain why the man on the ship does not turn David in, and how he helps him to escape.
5. Why was crossing the road, a dangerous task, a type of turning point for David?
6. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
7. Describe David's first prayer.
8. Describe David's first meal with the family.
9. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
10. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)