|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go when he arrives at the dock?
(a) Into the belly of a ship.
(b) On a rowboat.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On a train.
2. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all sad.
(b) They are all afraid.
(c) They all seem happy.
(d) They are all poor.
3. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
(a) The boy who beat him earlier.
(b) The police.
(c) The fire department.
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be part of the circus.
(b) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(c) He claims to be a minister.
(d) He claims to be an orphan.
5. What does the drink David finds help him do?
(d) Throw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
2. What does David find to eat in the truck?
3. When does David travel?
4. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
5. What does David do once he is in the stream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
2. Explain the scene between David and the couple who are out of gas. Why are they suspicious, and how does David disarm them?
3. Explain why David is afraid to attempt to hitchhike.
4. Describe David's response to his new surroundings, and why they are so powerful.
5. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
6. Explain why David doesn't believe he would be good at playing.
7. Describe David's first prayer.
8. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
9. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
10. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)