Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(b) A tire.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His flask.
2. How does David get money for food?
(a) He gets a job.
(b) He steals.
(c) He does errands for travelers.
(d) He gambles.
3. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A bobber.
(b) A life belt.
(c) A raft.
(d) A rope.
4. What does the drink David finds help him do?
(c) Throw up.
5. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
(a) The next five requests for help.
(b) The next request for help.
(c) The next three requests for help.
(d) Any request for help he asks for in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
2. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
3. What are the eating utensils made from at dinner?
4. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
5. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David knows so many languages, and how this might be able to help him.
2. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
3. What happens to David's clothes, and what is the result of this? How does he feel?
4. Explain why David doesn't believe he would be good at playing.
5. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
6. What does David realize about King's actions?
7. Describe how David comes to meet Sophie Hartmann, and describe Sophie.
8. Explain the newspaper letter David reads, and why it is important to him.
9. Explain what David realizes about milk.
10. Explain why David knows so little of himself, including where he is from, and what he looks like.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)