|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His wallet.
(b) A tire.
(d) His flask.
2. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A book.
(b) A mural.
(c) A map.
(d) A compass.
3. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He doesn't have time.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He wants to save her to repay God.
4. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Give him away.
(c) Look after him.
(d) Punish him.
5. Why does David require help getting dressed?
(a) He is burned badly.
(b) He has never dressed in fine clothing before.
(c) His clothing is damaged, and hard to manage.
(d) He is sick from the smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family invite David to do?
2. What does David's decision to cross the road show?
3. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
4. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
5. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
2. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
3. Explain David's reaction to the baby.
4. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
5. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
6. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
7. Explain why David is afraid to attempt to hitchhike.
8. Explain the scene between David and the couple who are out of gas. Why are they suspicious, and how does David disarm them?
9. Why do the people in town eventually wish to catch David?
10. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)