|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) An apple.
(b) A father.
(c) A god.
(d) A career.
2. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To find a friend.
(b) To learn about the world.
(c) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(d) To find a church.
3. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
4. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A wheel.
5. What does the family insist David do?
(a) Tell them where he is from.
(b) Work for them.
(c) Go with the police.
(d) Go home with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
2. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
3. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
4. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
5. What is David nervous of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
2. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
3. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
4. Explain why David knows so little of himself, including where he is from, and what he looks like.
5. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
6. Describe David's response to his new surroundings, and why they are so powerful.
7. Describe David's first meal with the family.
8. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
9. Why does David force himself not to think?
10. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)