|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) A tire.
(b) His flask.
(c) His wallet.
2. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
(a) They can never be happy.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are lost.
(d) They are cruel.
3. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
(a) He taught him to thank only those he disliked.
(b) He taught him to thank only those he liked.
(c) He taught him never to thank anyone for anything.
(d) He taught him always to say thank you.
4. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) Many languages.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) The ability to cook.
(d) The ability to disguise himself well.
5. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(a) An orange.
(b) A banana.
(c) A hunk of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
2. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
3. Why doesn't David eat much at dinner?
4. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
5. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's first prayer.
2. Explain why David knows so many languages, and how this might be able to help him.
3. Explain why David is afraid to attempt to hitchhike.
4. Explain why David refused the man's money, and why the man hid money in David's bundle.
5. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
6. Explain why David decides to stay with the family, when asked.
7. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
8. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
9. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
10. Why was crossing the road, a dangerous task, a type of turning point for David?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)