|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
(a) Using a toilette.
(b) Kissing a girl.
(c) Sleeping in a bed.
(d) Taking a shower.
2. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Washes himself thoroughly.
(b) Writes a poem.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Stares at the sky.
3. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Punish him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Look after him.
4. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A piece of soap.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A compass.
5. What are the eating utensils made from at dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
2. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
3. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
4. Why does David leave the town?
5. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
2. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
3. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
4. Explain why David knows so little of himself, including where he is from, and what he looks like.
5. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
6. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
7. Describe David's first meal with the family.
8. Why do the people in town eventually wish to catch David?
9. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
10. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)