|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
(a) He goes through the wall of the shed that isn't burning.
(b) He rubs himself with oil.
(c) He goes into the building naked.
(d) He gets his clothing wet first.
2. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
(a) He wants to save her to repay God.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He doesn't have time.
3. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He is afraid of water.
(b) The water is unclean.
(c) He fears it is forbidden.
(d) He is shy.
4. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
(a) A half minute.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) A minute.
5. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to cook.
(b) The ability to disguise himself well.
(c) Many languages.
(d) The ability to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
2. What does David buy with his money?
3. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
4. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
5. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
2. Explain why David decides to stay with the family, when asked.
3. Explain the scene between David and the couple who are out of gas. Why are they suspicious, and how does David disarm them?
4. Explain why David knows so many languages, and how this might be able to help him.
5. Why was crossing the road, a dangerous task, a type of turning point for David?
6. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
7. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
8. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
9. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
10. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)