|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
(a) He stomps on it.
(b) With his hands.
(c) With his dry shirt.
(d) With his damp shirt.
2. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
(a) David feels responsible for the problems.
(b) David doesn't need money.
(c) David doesn't like money.
(d) David doesn't like the man.
3. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
(a) He goes through the wall of the shed that isn't burning.
(b) He rubs himself with oil.
(c) He gets his clothing wet first.
(d) He goes into the building naked.
4. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sheep.
5. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
(a) He doesn't want God to think he is greedy.
(b) He doesn't want God to dislike him.
(c) He doesn't want God to ask him for things.
(d) He doesn't want God to be overwhelmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
2. What do houses mean for David?
3. What does David do once he is in the stream?
4. What does David believe about countries with kings?
5. What are the eating utensils made from at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
2. Explain why David knows so many languages, and how this might be able to help him.
3. Explain why David decides to stay with the family, when asked.
4. What happens to David's clothes, and what is the result of this? How does he feel?
5. Explain why David doesn't believe he would be good at playing.
6. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
7. Describe David's response to his new surroundings, and why they are so powerful.
8. Explain why David refused the man's money, and why the man hid money in David's bundle.
9. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
10. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)