|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to disguise himself well.
(b) The ability to cook.
(c) Many languages.
(d) The ability to read.
2. Why does David leave the town?
(a) He realizes he has stayed too long.
(b) He become afraid of the people in town.
(c) The locals begin to wonder about him.
(d) He is found by guards.
3. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
(a) Using a toilette.
(b) Sleeping in a bed.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Kissing a girl.
4. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
(a) A cave.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A tent.
5. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children.
(b) The children's' father.
(d) The children's' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David decide makes a person smile?
2. Why does David think Angelo is stupid?
3. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
4. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
5. What does David find to eat in the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
2. Describe David's first prayer.
3. What happens to David's clothes, and what is the result of this? How does he feel?
4. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
5. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
6. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
7. Explain why David refused the man's money, and why the man hid money in David's bundle.
8. Explain the scene between David and the couple who are out of gas. Why are they suspicious, and how does David disarm them?
9. Explain why David is afraid to attempt to hitchhike.
10. Describe David's first meal with the family.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)