|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Clothes and money.
(b) Soup and bread.
(c) Money and a map.
2. What does David decide makes a person smile?
3. How long is David in the water?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
4. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A life belt.
(b) A rope.
(c) A raft.
(d) A bobber.
5. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His conscience.
(b) His fear.
(c) His guilt.
(d) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
2. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
3. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
4. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
5. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
2. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
3. Explain why David thinks Angelo is stupid.
4. Explain how David comes to the home of Giovanni.
5. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
6. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
7. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
8. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
9. Explain the scene between David and the couple who are out of gas. Why are they suspicious, and how does David disarm them?
10. Describe David's first meal with the family.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)