|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will steal it.
(b) She thinks he will want more.
(c) She thinks he will be offended.
(d) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
2. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
(a) The car has a flat tire.
(b) The car is out of coolant.
(c) The car is out of gas.
(d) The car is out of power steering fluid.
3. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To find a church.
(b) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(c) To learn about the world.
(d) To find a friend.
4. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Writes a poem.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Washes himself thoroughly.
(d) Stares at the sky.
5. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A wheel.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to his hair?
2. What does David lose into the sea?
3. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
4. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
5. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to David's clothes, and what is the result of this? How does he feel?
2. Explain why David knows so little of himself, including where he is from, and what he looks like.
3. Describe how David comes to own a mirror, and his reaction to his own reflection.
4. Explain why David thinks Angelo is stupid.
5. Why do the people in town eventually wish to catch David?
6. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
7. Explain David's reaction to the baby.
8. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
9. Explain why David decides to stay with the family, when asked.
10. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)