|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For lying to David.
(b) For stalling his car.
(c) For believing David to be a thief.
(d) For giving David money.
2. When does David travel?
(a) At night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) In the early evening.
3. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) The beauty of the landscape.
(b) A man and his father.
(c) A kitten.
(d) His mother.
4. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A car.
(b) A forest.
(c) A flower.
(d) A boat.
5. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A piece of soap.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David find that he is able to eat?
2. How does David get money for food?
3. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
4. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
5. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why David is beat up, and why he refuses to fight back.
2. Explain why David doesn't believe he would be good at playing.
3. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
4. Explain why David is afraid to attempt to hitchhike.
5. Explain why David refused the man's money, and why the man hid money in David's bundle.
6. Explain why David thinks Angelo is stupid.
7. Describe David's first prayer.
8. Describe David's first meal with the family.
9. Explain why the man on the ship does not turn David in, and how he helps him to escape.
10. Describe the scene with the man who loses his glasses. What does David do, what is the couple's response, and why is it disturbing for David?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)