|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A steak.
2. What does the drink David finds help him do?
(d) Throw up.
3. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His wallet.
(c) A tire.
(d) His flask.
4. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
5. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
(b) A wallet.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David buy with his money?
2. What does David believe the escape to be?
3. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
4. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
5. What does the family insist David do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the man on the ship does not turn David in, and how he helps him to escape.
2. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
3. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
4. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
5. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
6. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
7. Describe David's response to his new surroundings, and why they are so powerful.
8. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
9. Explain David's reaction to the baby.
10. Why was crossing the road, a dangerous task, a type of turning point for David?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)