|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide makes a person smile?
2. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(b) A piece of soap.
(c) A compass.
(d) A piece of bread.
3. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(b) The tide.
(c) A high pitched siren.
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(b) He claims to be an orphan.
(c) He claims to be a minister.
(d) He claims to be part of the circus.
5. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Being rude.
(b) Spilling something.
(c) Hurting himself.
(d) Throwing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
2. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
3. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
4. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
5. What does David lose into the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it so important for David to clean himself so thoroughly?
2. Explain what the man on the ship and the woman in the shop mean when they discuss David's eyes.
3. Describe David's first meal with the family.
4. Why does David force himself not to think?
5. Explain how David comes to choose a God, and why.
6. Explain why David's eating of the orange forced him to consider going into town.
7. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
8. Explain why David thinks Angelo is stupid.
9. Describe David's reaction to his bedroom, when he awakens the first time.
10. Describe how David saves Maria from the fire.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)