|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
(a) It shows how one thinks.
(b) It shows how wealthy one is.
(c) It shows how honest one is.
(d) It shows how educated one is.
2. How does David find Edith's address?
(a) He looks in a phone book.
(b) He asks police.
(c) He asks people on the street.
(d) He calls Sophie.
3. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be killed.
(b) They should be beaten.
(c) They should not be imprisoned.
(d) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
4. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His speech.
(b) His anger.
(c) His height.
(d) His love.
5. What does Maria give to David?
(b) A wallet.
(d) A small cross.
6. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is childish.
(b) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(c) It is incorrect.
(d) It is highly damaged.
7. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a grown man hates another man.
(b) As a child hates another child.
(c) As a man hates a woman.
(d) As a man hates an animal.
8. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Make the bed.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Cook dinner.
9. Who does David credit for his escape?
10. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
(a) That he will tell police.
(b) That he will kill them in their sleep.
(c) That he will hit him back.
(d) That he will run away.
11. Who rescues David from the snow?
(a) A cruel farmer.
(b) The army.
(c) The police.
12. What does David ask the priest for?
(a) His blessing.
(d) A view of a map.
13. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The frontier post.
(b) A young mother.
(c) Local tourists.
(d) The police.
14. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is able to see a map.
(b) He likes the farmer's family.
(c) He is paid.
(d) He is housed for the winter.
15. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
(b) My son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
2. Why does David stay so long in the house?
3. What is the animal's name?
4. Why has David become depressed?
5. What does David avoid entering Germany?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)