|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The stream.
(c) The state of the people he saw.
(d) The fence.
2. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Help Maria through life.
(b) Save him.
(c) Save the dog.
(d) Save the men from King.
3. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
4. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
5. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him believe he was safe.
(b) For making him lonely.
(c) For making him feel loved.
(d) For trapping him with the farmer.
6. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Leave Rome.
(b) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
(c) Follow her to Rome.
(d) Come with her to America.
7. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
(a) He doesn't want to go father.
(b) The weather is bad.
(c) There are police patrols.
(d) He is tired.
8. Where is David steered to earn money?
(a) Ship yards.
(b) Train stations.
(d) Boat docks.
9. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Always to blame "them".
(b) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
(c) Always to blame others.
(d) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
10. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
(b) They are all intelligent.
(c) They are all cruel.
(d) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
11. What happens to King?
(a) He is wounded.
(c) He is shot and killed.
(d) He is captured.
12. What does Maria ask David to do?
(b) Come back.
(c) Kiss her.
13. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he not care for anyone.
(b) That he does not speak.
(c) That he does not smile.
(d) That he is not happy.
14. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
(a) That he will kill them in their sleep.
(b) That he will run away.
(c) That he will tell police.
(d) That he will hit him back.
15. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(b) The son.
(c) The farmer.
(d) The wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
2. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
3. How does David learn about countries?
4. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
5. What does David think of Carlo?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)