|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
(a) The government.
(b) The cost.
(c) The country.
(d) The location.
2. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To her home to eat.
(b) To an orphanage.
(c) To the police.
(d) To a local shelter.
3. Who does David meet inside the church?
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
4. What does David avoid entering Germany?
(a) A lake.
(b) A frontier post.
(c) A road.
(d) A jeep.
5. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That the farmer is a good person.
(b) That he is stupid.
(c) That Carlo was not bad.
(d) That Carlo was bad.
6. What does Maria ask David to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(d) Come back.
7. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He lost his friends.
(b) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(c) He loved his new family.
(d) He loved Maria.
8. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is housed for the winter.
(b) He likes the farmer's family.
(c) He is paid.
(d) He is able to see a map.
9. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) If it snows.
(b) How pretty it is.
(c) How far it is.
(d) If there is a king.
10. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
11. What does Maria do that David would like to do?
(c) Go to school.
12. What animal befriends David in the stable?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A pig.
13. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) God is cruel.
(b) There is only one God.
(c) There are many Gods.
(d) God is dead.
14. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he is not happy.
(b) That he does not speak.
(c) That he does not smile.
(d) That he not care for anyone.
15. What does the woman David meets wish to do?
(a) Paint him.
(b) Record his voice.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Listen to his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
2. What do the parents note about David's speech?
3. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
4. With which child does David feel most at ease?
5. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)