|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
(a) He will be released.
(b) He will be tired.
(c) He will be shot.
(d) He will be captured.
2. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. Who does David meet inside the church?
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
5. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Carlo a letter.
(b) Writes Sophie a letter.
(c) Writes Maria a letter.
(d) Writes Edith a letter.
6. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
(b) My son.
7. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
8. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To the police.
(b) To a local shelter.
(c) To her home to eat.
(d) To an orphanage.
9. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Save the dog.
(b) Save him.
(c) Help Maria through life.
(d) Save the men from King.
10. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He doesn't know it.
(c) He was told not to.
(d) He can't remember it.
11. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(a) The son.
(b) The farmer.
(d) The wife.
12. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
13. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is likely David's mother.
(d) She is in a camp in Germany.
14. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His height.
(b) His speech.
(c) His anger.
(d) His love.
15. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him lonely.
(b) For making him feel loved.
(c) For trapping him with the farmer.
(d) For making him believe he was safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
2. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
3. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
4. Why doesn't David go back?
5. How does David plan to escape?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)