|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria give to David?
(a) A wallet.
(d) A small cross.
2. How does David find Edith's address?
(a) He looks in a phone book.
(b) He asks people on the street.
(c) He asks police.
(d) He calls Sophie.
3. What animal befriends David in the stable?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
4. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he will be captured.
(b) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
(c) He knows he can never belong.
(d) He knows he will be tortured.
5. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be beaten.
(b) They should be killed.
(c) They should not be imprisoned.
(d) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
6. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is incorrect.
(b) It is childish.
(c) It is highly damaged.
(d) It is too sophisticated for a child.
7. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The stream.
(b) The state of the people he saw.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The fence.
8. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) God is dead.
(b) God is cruel.
(c) There is only one God.
(d) There are many Gods.
9. Who rescues David from the snow?
(a) The army.
(b) A cruel farmer.
(d) The police.
10. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
(a) She is in a camp in Germany.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She is likely David's mother.
(d) She is dead.
11. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
12. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They are all cruel.
(b) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(c) They are all intelligent.
(d) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
13. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
14. What does King do?
(a) Draws attention to himself, allowing David to run.
(b) Runs with David toward the fields.
(c) Bites David as he tries to run.
(d) Whimpers as David is shot.
15. Why doesn't David like to play with the others?
(a) They are violent in their play.
(b) They don't like to play with David.
(c) He doesn't like them.
(d) They often want to pretend to be other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David stay so long in the house?
2. What does David take pains to avoid?
3. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
4. What does David ask the priest for?
5. What does Giovanni respect David for?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)