|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is paid.
(b) He is able to see a map.
(c) He likes the farmer's family.
(d) He is housed for the winter.
2. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
(a) He will be released.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He will be tired.
(d) He will be captured.
3. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
(b) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(c) They are all intelligent.
(d) They are all cruel.
4. What does Maria ask David to do?
(b) Come back.
(d) Kiss her.
5. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
(a) That he is alive.
(b) That he hates the man.
(c) That he was in the camp.
(d) That he has escaped.
6. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
(a) My son.
7. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
(a) Truck drivers.
8. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a grown man hates another man.
(b) As a child hates another child.
(c) As a man hates a woman.
(d) As a man hates an animal.
9. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He is of no use to the farmer.
(b) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(c) He is no longer working.
(d) He is too expensive to feed.
10. How does David plan to escape?
(a) By killing the farmer.
(b) By sneaking away at night.
(c) By asking the farmer to release him.
(d) By cutting a hole in the wall, and digging through the snow.
11. What does David realize about King's actions?
(a) He died because of David.
(b) His actions were instinctual.
(c) His actions were driven by God.
(d) He died of his own free will.
12. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The fence.
(b) The stream.
(c) The state of the people he saw.
(d) The scenery.
13. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be killed.
(b) They should be beaten.
(c) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
(d) They should not be imprisoned.
14. Who does David credit for his escape?
15. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
(a) That it has been broken.
(b) That it is silent.
(c) That it is strong.
(d) That it is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David find Edith's address?
2. What does Giovanni respect David for?
3. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
4. What does David ask God to do?
5. Why does David stay so long in the house?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)