|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is housed for the winter.
(b) He is paid.
(c) He likes the farmer's family.
(d) He is able to see a map.
2. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
(a) He wants books made before he went to the camp.
(b) He wants books from before he was born.
(c) He wants books prior to the current year.
(d) He wants to be sure what is in them is valid.
3. What does David nearly fall over?
(a) A precipice.
(b) A car.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bed.
4. What animal befriends David in the stable?
(a) A cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cat.
5. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) How far it is.
(b) How pretty it is.
(c) If it snows.
(d) If there is a king.
6. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That the farmer is a good person.
(b) That Carlo was bad.
(c) That Carlo was not bad.
(d) That he is stupid.
7. What does Maria ask David to do?
(a) Come back.
(c) Kiss her.
8. What does David realize about King's actions?
(a) His actions were instinctual.
(b) His actions were driven by God.
(c) He died of his own free will.
(d) He died because of David.
9. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
(a) He realizes the parents are Nazis.
(b) He realizes he is alone.
(c) He realizes they are coming for him.
(d) He realizes he is far from Denmark.
10. What does King do?
(a) Runs with David toward the fields.
(b) Draws attention to himself, allowing David to run.
(c) Whimpers as David is shot.
(d) Bites David as he tries to run.
11. Who does David meet inside the church?
(b) A nun.
(c) A priest.
12. What does David equate to the word want?
13. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was David's father.
(b) Because he was taking care of David.
(c) Because he was his mother's brother.
(d) Because he was David's brother.
14. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
(c) A ride.
15. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a grown man hates another man.
(b) As a man hates an animal.
(c) As a child hates another child.
(d) As a man hates a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
2. What does David ask God to do?
3. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
4. Who rescues David from the snow?
5. Why does David claim God is cruel?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)