|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David meet inside the church?
(c) A nun.
(d) A priest.
2. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
(a) That he has escaped.
(b) That he hates the man.
(c) That he was in the camp.
(d) That he is alive.
3. What does David avoid entering Germany?
(a) A frontier post.
(b) A road.
(c) A lake.
(d) A jeep.
4. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
(a) It shows how wealthy one is.
(b) It shows how honest one is.
(c) It shows how educated one is.
(d) It shows how one thinks.
5. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Make the bed.
(b) Set the table.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Remain silent.
6. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
7. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
(a) He will be tired.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He will be released.
(d) He will be captured.
8. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
(a) He may need them for winter.
(b) They hurt his feet.
(c) They are visible in darkness.
(d) They are worn out.
9. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is likely David's mother.
(d) She is in a camp in Germany.
10. What does David realize about King's actions?
(a) He died because of David.
(b) His actions were instinctual.
(c) He died of his own free will.
(d) His actions were driven by God.
11. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That Carlo was bad.
(c) That the farmer is a good person.
(d) That Carlo was not bad.
12. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(b) He loved Maria.
(c) He lost his friends.
(d) He loved his new family.
13. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(b) It is childish.
(c) It is incorrect.
(d) It is highly damaged.
14. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(b) They are all intelligent.
(c) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
(d) They are all cruel.
15. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a bad person.
(b) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(c) He thinks he is a killer.
(d) He thinks he is a thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest tell David about God?
2. What is the woman's name?
3. Why does David claim God is cruel?
4. How does David earn money in these places?
5. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)