|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David want to see France?
(a) Edith was from France.
(b) Sophie was from France.
(c) The man was from France.
(d) Johannes was from France.
2. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
3. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
(b) Truck drivers.
4. What does David ask the priest for?
(b) His blessing.
(c) A view of a map.
5. What does David see in a newspaper?
(a) A letter to him from the parents.
(b) A letter to him from the man.
(c) A letter to him from Carlo.
(d) A letter to him from Maria.
6. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The frontier post.
(b) The police.
(c) A young mother.
(d) Local tourists.
7. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His anger.
(b) His love.
(c) His height.
(d) His speech.
8. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(b) He loved Maria.
(c) He loved his new family.
(d) He lost his friends.
9. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) How far it is.
(b) If it snows.
(c) If there is a king.
(d) How pretty it is.
10. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him feel loved.
(b) For making him lonely.
(c) For making him believe he was safe.
(d) For trapping him with the farmer.
11. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
(b) They should be beaten.
(c) They should be killed.
(d) They should not be imprisoned.
12. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He was told not to.
(b) He doesn't know it.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He can't remember it.
13. With which child does David feel most at ease?
14. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(b) The farmer.
(c) The wife.
(d) The son.
15. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) There is only one God.
(b) God is cruel.
(c) God is dead.
(d) There are many Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
2. What does Maria give to David?
3. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
4. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
5. Who does David accidentally find on his way to Denmark?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)