|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comforts David in Chapter Eight?
(a) Having a blanket.
(b) Having a dream.
(c) Having King with him.
(d) Having a goal.
2. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He is no longer working.
(b) He is too expensive to feed.
(c) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(d) He is of no use to the farmer.
3. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be killed.
(b) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
(c) They should not be imprisoned.
(d) They should be beaten.
4. What does David see in a newspaper?
(a) A letter to him from Carlo.
(b) A letter to him from Maria.
(c) A letter to him from the man.
(d) A letter to him from the parents.
5. What does David do to explain his departure to the parents?
(a) He leaves a symbol.
(b) He tells Maria.
(c) He writes them a letter.
(d) He tells Carlo.
6. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he not care for anyone.
(b) That he is not happy.
(c) That he does not speak.
(d) That he does not smile.
7. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He doesn't want to go father.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) There are police patrols.
8. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The police.
(b) A young mother.
(c) Local tourists.
(d) The frontier post.
9. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) They are visible in darkness.
(c) He may need them for winter.
(d) They are worn out.
10. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She washes him.
(b) She feeds him.
(c) She questions him.
(d) She caresses him like a mother.
11. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
(c) Truck drivers.
12. How does David learn about countries?
(a) He attends school.
(b) The parents tell him everything he needs to know.
(c) The family has a globe.
(d) He finds an encyclopedia.
13. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
14. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
(a) He realizes they are coming for him.
(b) He realizes he is alone.
(c) He realizes he is far from Denmark.
(d) He realizes the parents are Nazis.
15. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) There is only one God.
(b) God is dead.
(c) God is cruel.
(d) There are many Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
2. What does David start to believe he is?
3. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
4. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
5. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)