|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman David meets wish to do?
(a) Record his voice.
(b) Listen to his story.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Paint him.
2. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
3. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That the farmer is a good person.
(b) That Carlo was bad.
(c) That Carlo was not bad.
(d) That he is stupid.
4. Why does David stay so long in the house?
(a) He doesn't want to move on.
(b) He is afraid of police in towns ahead.
(c) He has access to books.
(d) He likes the children in the house.
5. What does David realize about King's actions?
(a) His actions were instinctual.
(b) He died of his own free will.
(c) His actions were driven by God.
(d) He died because of David.
6. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him lonely.
(b) For trapping him with the farmer.
(c) For making him believe he was safe.
(d) For making him feel loved.
7. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His anger.
(b) His height.
(c) His love.
(d) His speech.
8. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He waves at him.
(d) He talks to him.
9. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) They are worn out.
(c) They are visible in darkness.
(d) He may need them for winter.
10. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
(c) Truck drivers.
11. What does David see in a newspaper?
(a) A letter to him from Maria.
(b) A letter to him from the man.
(c) A letter to him from Carlo.
(d) A letter to him from the parents.
12. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he is not happy.
(b) That he does not smile.
(c) That he not care for anyone.
(d) That he does not speak.
13. How does David learn about countries?
(a) The family has a globe.
(b) He finds an encyclopedia.
(c) He attends school.
(d) The parents tell him everything he needs to know.
14. How does David plan to escape?
(a) By cutting a hole in the wall, and digging through the snow.
(b) By killing the farmer.
(c) By asking the farmer to release him.
(d) By sneaking away at night.
15. Who does David credit for his escape?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which child does David feel most at ease?
2. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
5. What happens to King?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)