|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Follow her to Rome.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
(d) Come with her to America.
3. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates a woman.
(b) As a man hates an animal.
(c) As a grown man hates another man.
(d) As a child hates another child.
4. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is childish.
(b) It is incorrect.
(c) It is highly damaged.
(d) It is too sophisticated for a child.
5. What does King do?
(a) Draws attention to himself, allowing David to run.
(b) Whimpers as David is shot.
(c) Runs with David toward the fields.
(d) Bites David as he tries to run.
6. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
(b) He knows he will be tortured.
(c) He knows he will be captured.
(d) He knows he can never belong.
7. What does David realize about King's actions?
(a) His actions were driven by God.
(b) His actions were instinctual.
(c) He died of his own free will.
(d) He died because of David.
8. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
9. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(b) He is no longer working.
(c) He is too expensive to feed.
(d) He is of no use to the farmer.
10. Who rescues David from the snow?
(a) A cruel farmer.
(c) The army.
(d) The police.
11. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They are all intelligent.
(b) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(c) They are all cruel.
(d) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
12. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
(a) He is afraid of the dog.
(b) He is afraid David will kill him.
(c) He realizes spring is quickly approaching.
(d) He is afraid the police will find David.
13. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is able to see a map.
(b) He likes the farmer's family.
(c) He is paid.
(d) He is housed for the winter.
14. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
(a) He waves at him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He talks to him.
15. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To a local shelter.
(b) To the police.
(c) To her home to eat.
(d) To an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David take pains to avoid?
2. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
3. How does David find Edith's address?
4. What does the priest tell David about God?
5. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)