|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be beaten.
(b) They should be killed.
(c) They should not be imprisoned.
(d) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
2. What does Maria give to David?
(a) A small cross.
(b) A wallet.
3. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Edith a letter.
(b) Writes Carlo a letter.
(c) Writes Maria a letter.
(d) Writes Sophie a letter.
4. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
(a) It shows how honest one is.
(b) It shows how educated one is.
(c) It shows how wealthy one is.
(d) It shows how one thinks.
5. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They are all cruel.
(b) They are all intelligent.
(c) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
(d) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
6. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Come with her to America.
(b) Follow her to Rome.
(c) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
(d) Leave Rome.
7. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The police.
(b) A young mother.
(c) The frontier post.
(d) Local tourists.
8. What does Giovanni respect David for?
(a) Constantly being himself.
(b) Standing up for himself.
(d) Believing in himself.
9. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Always to blame "them".
(b) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(c) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
(d) Always to blame others.
10. What does David avoid entering Germany?
(a) A frontier post.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A road.
(d) A lake.
11. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She caresses him like a mother.
(b) She washes him.
(c) She feeds him.
(d) She questions him.
12. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
(a) There are police patrols.
(b) He doesn't want to go father.
(c) He is tired.
(d) The weather is bad.
13. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
(a) A ride.
14. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Save the dog.
(b) Help Maria through life.
(c) Save the men from King.
(d) Save him.
15. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates a woman.
(b) As a child hates another child.
(c) As a man hates an animal.
(d) As a grown man hates another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
2. What do the parents note about David's speech?
3. What does David realize about King's actions?
4. What does David tell God he no longer has to do?
5. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)