|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to King?
(a) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is captured.
2. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Maria a letter.
(b) Writes Carlo a letter.
(c) Writes Sophie a letter.
(d) Writes Edith a letter.
3. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
4. What comforts David in Chapter Eight?
(a) Having a goal.
(b) Having a dream.
(c) Having a blanket.
(d) Having King with him.
5. What does David nearly fall over?
(a) A car.
(b) A chair.
(c) A precipice.
(d) A bed.
6. What does Maria do that David would like to do?
(c) Go to school.
7. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He talks to him.
(d) He waves at him.
8. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She caresses him like a mother.
(b) She washes him.
(c) She feeds him.
(d) She questions him.
9. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That the farmer is a good person.
(c) That Carlo was bad.
(d) That Carlo was not bad.
10. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) How far it is.
(b) If it snows.
(c) How pretty it is.
(d) If there is a king.
11. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The frontier post.
(b) The police.
(c) A young mother.
(d) Local tourists.
12. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Save the dog.
(b) Help Maria through life.
(c) Save him.
(d) Save the men from King.
13. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
(a) He may need them for winter.
(b) They hurt his feet.
(c) They are worn out.
(d) They are visible in darkness.
14. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
(a) He realizes he is alone.
(b) He realizes he is far from Denmark.
(c) He realizes they are coming for him.
(d) He realizes the parents are Nazis.
15. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Make the bed.
(d) Remain silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David equate to the word want?
2. What does David do to explain his departure to the parents?
3. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
4. Who does David meet inside the church?
5. With which child does David feel most at ease?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)