|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
(a) His anger.
(b) His height.
(c) His love.
(d) His speech.
2. What is the animal's name?
3. What does David ask the priest for?
(b) His blessing.
(d) A view of a map.
4. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Make the bed.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Cook dinner.
5. What does David see in a newspaper?
(a) A letter to him from the man.
(b) A letter to him from the parents.
(c) A letter to him from Carlo.
(d) A letter to him from Maria.
6. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) There are many Gods.
(b) God is cruel.
(c) God is dead.
(d) There is only one God.
7. What does David start to believe he is?
(a) A king.
(b) A prince.
(c) A normal child.
(d) An important hostage.
8. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) How far it is.
(b) If there is a king.
(c) If it snows.
(d) How pretty it is.
9. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
10. What does David say about the right of parents over children?
(a) It is a duty, not a right.
(b) It is a responsibility.
(c) It is a right, not a duty.
(d) It is neither a right or a duty.
11. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He was told not to.
(c) He doesn't know it.
(d) He can't remember it.
12. With which child does David feel most at ease?
13. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
(a) The location.
(b) The country.
(c) The cost.
(d) The government.
14. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
(a) A ride.
15. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The fence.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The stream.
(d) The state of the people he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to King?
2. What does David equate to the word want?
3. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
4. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
5. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)