|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
2. Who does David accidentally find on his way to Denmark?
(a) The man.
(c) The farmer and his wife.
(d) Maria and her brothers.
3. Why does David stay so long in the house?
(a) He is afraid of police in towns ahead.
(b) He likes the children in the house.
(c) He doesn't want to move on.
(d) He has access to books.
4. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She thinks he is cruel.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
5. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him believe he was safe.
(b) For making him lonely.
(c) For making him feel loved.
(d) For trapping him with the farmer.
6. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He loved his new family.
(b) He lost his friends.
(c) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
(d) He loved Maria.
7. How does David earn money in these places?
(a) He translates.
(b) He delivers drinks.
(c) He drive people places.
(d) He delivers food.
8. What does the man give to David once they reach Frankfurt?
(d) A ride.
9. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That Carlo was not bad.
(b) That he is stupid.
(c) That the farmer is a good person.
(d) That Carlo was bad.
10. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
11. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
(a) That it is silent.
(b) That it is missing.
(c) That it is strong.
(d) That it has been broken.
12. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
(a) He doesn't want to go father.
(b) There are police patrols.
(c) He is tired.
(d) The weather is bad.
13. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Always to blame "them".
(b) Always to blame others.
(c) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(d) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
14. How does David plan to escape?
(a) By killing the farmer.
(b) By sneaking away at night.
(c) By asking the farmer to release him.
(d) By cutting a hole in the wall, and digging through the snow.
15. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He was told not to.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He doesn't know it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David learn about countries?
2. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
3. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
4. What does David ask the priest for?
5. What is David asked to do inside?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)