|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) God is dead.
(b) There are many Gods.
(c) God is cruel.
(d) There is only one God.
2. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates an animal.
(b) As a man hates a woman.
(c) As a grown man hates another man.
(d) As a child hates another child.
3. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The police.
(b) A young mother.
(c) Local tourists.
(d) The frontier post.
4. What does David start to believe he is?
(a) A normal child.
(b) A king.
(c) A prince.
(d) An important hostage.
5. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was David's brother.
(b) Because he was taking care of David.
(c) Because he was David's father.
(d) Because he was his mother's brother.
6. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
(a) That he will kill them in their sleep.
(b) That he will hit him back.
(c) That he will tell police.
(d) That he will run away.
7. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She washes him.
(b) She questions him.
(c) She feeds him.
(d) She caresses him like a mother.
8. What does King do?
(a) Draws attention to himself, allowing David to run.
(b) Whimpers as David is shot.
(c) Bites David as he tries to run.
(d) Runs with David toward the fields.
9. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For trapping him with the farmer.
(b) For making him feel loved.
(c) For making him lonely.
(d) For making him believe he was safe.
10. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(a) The wife.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The son.
11. What does Maria do that David would like to do?
(b) Go to school.
12. With which child does David feel most at ease?
13. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
14. How does David find Edith's address?
(a) He looks in a phone book.
(b) He asks people on the street.
(c) He asks police.
(d) He calls Sophie.
15. What animal befriends David in the stable?
(a) A cow.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David meet inside the church?
2. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
3. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
4. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
5. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)