|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
(a) The government.
(b) The location.
(c) The cost.
(d) The country.
2. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
3. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She washes him.
(b) She feeds him.
(c) She caresses him like a mother.
(d) She questions him.
4. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
(a) He realizes spring is quickly approaching.
(b) He is afraid David will kill him.
(c) He is afraid of the dog.
(d) He is afraid the police will find David.
5. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He likes the farmer's family.
(b) He is able to see a map.
(c) He is housed for the winter.
(d) He is paid.
6. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(b) He is of no use to the farmer.
(c) He is no longer working.
(d) He is too expensive to feed.
7. Why has David become depressed?
(a) He loved Maria.
(b) He loved his new family.
(c) He lost his friends.
(d) He entered a house, and now knows what he is missing.
8. What does Maria ask David to do?
(b) Kiss her.
(d) Come back.
9. What does Maria give to David?
(c) A wallet.
(d) A small cross.
10. What does David avoid entering Germany?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A frontier post.
(c) A lake.
(d) A road.
11. What does the priest tell David about God?
(a) There are many Gods.
(b) There is only one God.
(c) God is cruel.
(d) God is dead.
12. Where is David steered to earn money?
(a) Ship yards.
(b) Train stations.
(c) Boat docks.
13. What does David equate to the word want?
14. What does David say about the right of parents over children?
(a) It is a responsibility.
(b) It is a right, not a duty.
(c) It is neither a right or a duty.
(d) It is a duty, not a right.
15. What is the animal's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What does Maria do that David would like to do?
3. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
4. What does David ask the priest for?
5. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)