|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To her home to eat.
(b) To the police.
(c) To a local shelter.
(d) To an orphanage.
2. What does Maria ask David to do?
(c) Come back.
(d) Kiss her.
3. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
(a) They are worn out.
(b) They are visible in darkness.
(c) He may need them for winter.
(d) They hurt his feet.
4. What does Maria give to David?
(a) A wallet.
(c) A small cross.
5. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She thinks he is cruel.
(c) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
(d) She is afraid of him.
6. Why does David want to see France?
(a) Johannes was from France.
(b) Sophie was from France.
(c) The man was from France.
(d) Edith was from France.
7. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She caresses him like a mother.
(b) She washes him.
(c) She questions him.
(d) She feeds him.
8. What happens to King?
(b) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is wounded.
9. With which child does David feel most at ease?
10. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He was told not to.
(b) He doesn't know it.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He can't remember it.
11. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
12. Who does David accidentally find on his way to Denmark?
(a) The man.
(b) The farmer and his wife.
(c) Maria and her brothers.
13. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
14. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
(c) My son.
15. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Save the men from King.
(b) Save the dog.
(c) Save him.
(d) Help Maria through life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
2. How does David plan to escape?
3. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
4. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
5. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)