|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The state of the people he saw.
(b) The fence.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The stream.
2. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is incorrect.
(b) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(c) It is childish.
(d) It is highly damaged.
3. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
4. What does David ask the priest for?
(b) His blessing.
(d) A view of a map.
5. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She thinks he is cruel.
(b) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She hates him.
6. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
7. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates a woman.
(b) As a grown man hates another man.
(c) As a child hates another child.
(d) As a man hates an animal.
8. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Carlo a letter.
(b) Writes Edith a letter.
(c) Writes Maria a letter.
(d) Writes Sophie a letter.
9. What does David say about the right of parents over children?
(a) It is a right, not a duty.
(b) It is a duty, not a right.
(c) It is neither a right or a duty.
(d) It is a responsibility.
10. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He can't remember it.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He doesn't know it.
(d) He was told not to.
11. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(b) He thinks he is a thief.
(c) He thinks he is a bad person.
(d) He thinks he is a killer.
12. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(b) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
(c) Always to blame "them".
(d) Always to blame others.
13. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
(a) He realizes the parents are Nazis.
(b) He realizes he is far from Denmark.
(c) He realizes he is alone.
(d) He realizes they are coming for him.
14. What does the woman David meets wish to do?
(a) Paint him.
(b) Record his voice.
(c) Listen to his story.
(d) Turn him in.
15. What does David see in a newspaper?
(a) A letter to him from the man.
(b) A letter to him from Maria.
(c) A letter to him from the parents.
(d) A letter to him from Carlo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David credit for his escape?
2. Why does David find living with people difficult?
3. What does David nearly fall over?
4. What does David realize about King's actions?
5. How does David find Edith's address?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)