|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David nearly fall over?
(a) A bed.
(b) A car.
(c) A chair.
(d) A precipice.
2. Why doesn't David like to play with the others?
(a) They are violent in their play.
(b) He doesn't like them.
(c) They don't like to play with David.
(d) They often want to pretend to be other people.
3. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) A young mother.
(b) The police.
(c) The frontier post.
(d) Local tourists.
4. How does David cross Germany?
(a) By boat.
(b) In trucks.
(c) On trains.
(d) On foot.
5. Where is David taken when the woman realizes the time?
(a) To a local shelter.
(b) To her home to eat.
(c) To the police.
(d) To an orphanage.
6. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was taking care of David.
(b) Because he was David's brother.
(c) Because he was David's father.
(d) Because he was his mother's brother.
7. How does David plan to escape?
(a) By sneaking away at night.
(b) By asking the farmer to release him.
(c) By cutting a hole in the wall, and digging through the snow.
(d) By killing the farmer.
8. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
9. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
(a) That he will hit him back.
(b) That he will tell police.
(c) That he will kill them in their sleep.
(d) That he will run away.
10. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She caresses him like a mother.
(b) She washes him.
(c) She questions him.
(d) She feeds him.
11. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
12. What happens to King?
(a) He is shot and killed.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is wounded.
13. What does Giovanni respect David for?
(b) Standing up for himself.
(c) Believing in himself.
(d) Constantly being himself.
14. With which child does David feel most at ease?
15. What does David tell God he no longer has to do?
(a) Care for him.
(b) Listen to him.
(c) Love him.
(d) Protect David from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David stay so long in the house?
2. What does David ask the priest for?
3. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
4. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
5. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)