|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a killer.
(b) He thinks he is a bad person.
(c) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(d) He thinks he is a thief.
3. With which child does David feel most at ease?
4. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She thinks he is cruel.
(c) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
(d) She is afraid of him.
5. Why does David feel how one speaks is important?
(a) It shows how educated one is.
(b) It shows how one thinks.
(c) It shows how wealthy one is.
(d) It shows how honest one is.
6. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Make the bed.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Set the table.
7. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For making him believe he was safe.
(b) For making him lonely.
(c) For trapping him with the farmer.
(d) For making him feel loved.
8. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) How pretty it is.
(b) If there is a king.
(c) How far it is.
(d) If it snows.
9. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Maria a letter.
(b) Writes Edith a letter.
(c) Writes Sophie a letter.
(d) Writes Carlo a letter.
10. How does David find Edith's address?
(a) He calls Sophie.
(b) He asks people on the street.
(c) He looks in a phone book.
(d) He asks police.
11. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That Carlo was bad.
(b) That Carlo was not bad.
(c) That the farmer is a good person.
(d) That he is stupid.
12. What does David nearly fall over?
(a) A bed.
(b) A precipice.
(c) A chair.
(d) A car.
13. Who rescues David from the snow?
(a) A cruel farmer.
(c) The police.
(d) The army.
14. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates an animal.
(b) As a child hates another child.
(c) As a grown man hates another man.
(d) As a man hates a woman.
15. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The stream.
(b) The fence.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The state of the people he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David find living with people difficult?
2. What animal befriends David in the stable?
3. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
4. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
5. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)