|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David equate to the word want?
2. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
3. What does David start to believe he is?
(a) A king.
(b) An important hostage.
(c) A normal child.
(d) A prince.
4. What does Maria give to David?
(a) A small cross.
(b) A wallet.
5. What does the mother do that David dislikes?
(a) She washes him.
(b) She questions him.
(c) She feeds him.
(d) She caresses him like a mother.
6. What does King do?
(a) Bites David as he tries to run.
(b) Whimpers as David is shot.
(c) Draws attention to himself, allowing David to run.
(d) Runs with David toward the fields.
7. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
(a) He wants books prior to the current year.
(b) He wants books from before he was born.
(c) He wants books made before he went to the camp.
(d) He wants to be sure what is in them is valid.
8. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
9. How does David learn about countries?
(a) The parents tell him everything he needs to know.
(b) The family has a globe.
(c) He finds an encyclopedia.
(d) He attends school.
10. What does Giovanni respect David for?
(a) Believing in himself.
(c) Standing up for himself.
(d) Constantly being himself.
11. Why does David want to see France?
(a) The man was from France.
(b) Edith was from France.
(c) Sophie was from France.
(d) Johannes was from France.
12. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
(b) Come with her to America.
(c) Leave Rome.
(d) Follow her to Rome.
13. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
14. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Help Maria through life.
(b) Save him.
(c) Save the men from King.
(d) Save the dog.
15. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
(a) The fence.
(b) The stream.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The state of the people he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David cross Germany?
2. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
3. What does David ask the priest for?
4. What does David realize he has found that has changed him forever?
5. Why does David claim God is cruel?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)