|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say about the right of parents over children?
(a) It is neither a right or a duty.
(b) It is a duty, not a right.
(c) It is a responsibility.
(d) It is a right, not a duty.
2. What does David start to believe he is?
(a) A normal child.
(b) A prince.
(c) An important hostage.
(d) A king.
3. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He was told not to.
(c) He can't remember it.
(d) He doesn't know it.
4. What does David equate to the word want?
5. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
(b) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(c) Always to blame others.
(d) Always to blame "them".
6. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He is of no use to the farmer.
(b) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(c) He is no longer working.
(d) He is too expensive to feed.
7. What is the animal's name?
8. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
9. Where is David steered to earn money?
(a) Ship yards.
(b) Train stations.
(d) Boat docks.
10. What does David say about imprisoning a murderer?
(a) They should be killed.
(b) They should be beaten.
(c) They should not be imprisoned.
(d) They should be imprisoned, but not starved or harmed.
11. How does David find Edith's address?
(a) He calls Sophie.
(b) He asks police.
(c) He looks in a phone book.
(d) He asks people on the street.
12. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
(a) The cost.
(b) The government.
(c) The country.
(d) The location.
13. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He talks to him.
(c) He waves at him.
(d) He hugs him.
14. How does David cross Germany?
(a) By boat.
(b) On trains.
(c) In trucks.
(d) On foot.
15. What does David ask God to do?
(a) Save the men from King.
(b) Save the dog.
(c) Save him.
(d) Help Maria through life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think should have roused his suspicions?
2. Why does David want to see France?
3. Who rescues David from the snow?
4. What do the parents note about David's speech?
5. What does King do?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)