|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
(a) He is tired.
(b) There are police patrols.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) He doesn't want to go father.
2. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he not care for anyone.
(b) That he does not smile.
(c) That he is not happy.
(d) That he does not speak.
3. What does David nearly fall over?
(a) A precipice.
(b) A chair.
(c) A bed.
(d) A car.
4. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is childish.
(b) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(c) It is highly damaged.
(d) It is incorrect.
5. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
(b) He knows he will be captured.
(c) He knows he will be tortured.
(d) He knows he can never belong.
6. What does Giovanni respect David for?
(a) Standing up for himself.
(b) Constantly being himself.
(c) Believing in himself.
7. What does Maria ask David to do?
(a) Come back.
(c) Kiss her.
8. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
(a) The cost.
(b) The location.
(c) The country.
(d) The government.
9. With which child does David feel most at ease?
10. Why can David not give the driver the address in Denmark?
(a) He can't remember it.
(b) He was told not to.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He doesn't know it.
11. What does David think of Carlo?
(a) He thinks he is a nice boy.
(b) He thinks he is a bad person.
(c) He thinks he is a killer.
(d) He thinks he is a thief.
12. Why does David want to see France?
(a) Sophie was from France.
(b) Edith was from France.
(c) Johannes was from France.
(d) The man was from France.
13. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(b) They are all intelligent.
(c) They are all cruel.
(d) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
14. What is the animal's name?
15. Why does David stay so long in the house?
(a) He has access to books.
(b) He is afraid of police in towns ahead.
(c) He likes the children in the house.
(d) He doesn't want to move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David find he is most comfortable with?
2. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
3. How does David earn money in these places?
4. What is the woman's name?
5. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)