|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the driver not want to go past Faido?
(a) The weather is bad.
(b) He is tired.
(c) There are police patrols.
(d) He doesn't want to go father.
2. What animal befriends David in the stable?
(a) A cat.
(b) A pig.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
3. Who rescues David from the snow?
(a) The army.
(c) The police.
(d) A cruel farmer.
4. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was his mother's brother.
(b) Because he was taking care of David.
(c) Because he was David's brother.
(d) Because he was David's father.
5. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
(b) Always to blame others.
(c) Always to blame "them".
(d) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
6. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He is too expensive to feed.
(b) He is no longer working.
(c) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(d) He is of no use to the farmer.
7. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
(c) She thinks he is cruel.
(d) She hates him.
8. Why does David claim God is cruel?
(a) For trapping him with the farmer.
(b) For making him feel loved.
(c) For making him lonely.
(d) For making him believe he was safe.
9. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he not care for anyone.
(b) That he does not speak.
(c) That he does not smile.
(d) That he is not happy.
10. What happens to King?
(a) He is wounded.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is shot and killed.
11. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That Carlo was bad.
(c) That the farmer is a good person.
(d) That Carlo was not bad.
12. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
(a) That it is silent.
(b) That it is strong.
(c) That it is missing.
(d) That it has been broken.
13. What does Giovanni respect David for?
(a) Constantly being himself.
(b) Standing up for himself.
(d) Believing in himself.
14. Where does David claim to be from when the woman who drives him asks?
15. What does the woman David meets wish to do?
(a) Paint him.
(b) Turn him in.
(c) Record his voice.
(d) Listen to his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
2. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
3. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
4. What does David take pains to avoid?
5. How does David earn money in these places?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)