|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edith call David when she sees him?
(b) My son.
2. Who comes with David as he escapes the farmhouse?
(b) The wife.
(c) The son.
(d) The farmer.
3. What happens to King?
(a) He is shot and killed.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He is captured.
4. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Remain silent.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Make the bed.
5. Why does David find living with people difficult?
(a) They expect things of him he wouldn't normally do.
(b) They are all intelligent.
(c) They are all cruel.
(d) They expect nothing of him, and he is used to working.
6. Where is David steered to earn money?
(b) Boat docks.
(c) Ship yards.
(d) Train stations.
7. What does the woman David meets wish to do?
(a) Record his voice.
(b) Paint him.
(c) Turn him in.
(d) Listen to his story.
8. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
(a) That it is missing.
(b) That it has been broken.
(c) That it is strong.
(d) That it is silent.
9. Why does David ask for books made prior to 1917?
(a) He wants books from before he was born.
(b) He wants to be sure what is in them is valid.
(c) He wants books made before he went to the camp.
(d) He wants books prior to the current year.
10. What comforts David in Chapter Eight?
(a) Having a goal.
(b) Having King with him.
(c) Having a dream.
(d) Having a blanket.
11. What does David do as soon as he can afford to?
(a) Writes Carlo a letter.
(b) Writes Maria a letter.
(c) Writes Sophie a letter.
(d) Writes Edith a letter.
12. What does Sophie tell David he is welcome to do?
(a) Follow her to Rome.
(b) Come with her to America.
(c) Leave Rome.
(d) Come back to her when she returns from Rome.
13. How many variations of beautiful are there, to David?
14. How does David find Edith's address?
(a) He looks in a phone book.
(b) He asks police.
(c) He calls Sophie.
(d) He asks people on the street.
15. What does David believe God is trying to teach him?
(a) That the farmer is a good person.
(b) That Carlo was not bad.
(c) That he is stupid.
(d) That Carlo was bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
2. What does David think of Carlo?
3. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
4. What do the parents note about David's speech?
5. What does David do to the Swiss man that he has never done before?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)