|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(c) The guards.
2. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A prank.
(b) A trap.
(c) A joke.
(d) A genuine attempt to help.
3. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
(a) With his hands.
(b) With his dry shirt.
(c) He stomps on it.
(d) With his damp shirt.
4. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Using a toilette.
(d) Sleeping in a bed.
5. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) A half minute.
(c) A minute.
(d) Ten minutes.
6. What does David find to eat in the truck?
7. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A flower.
(d) A forest.
8. What does David find himself doing after he rescues the young girl?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He coughs.
9. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) A career.
(b) An apple.
(c) A god.
(d) A father.
10. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
(a) He didn't want the guards to hear.
(b) He was jealous.
(c) He didn't want David to know about the real world.
(d) He didn't want him to want what he couldn't have.
11. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
(a) The next five requests for help.
(b) The next request for help.
(c) Any request for help he asks for in the future.
(d) The next three requests for help.
12. What do houses mean for David?
13. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children.
(c) The children's' father.
(d) The children's' mother.
14. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A mural.
(b) A book.
(c) A map.
(d) A compass.
15. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Go to school with them.
(b) Stay with them for a while.
(c) Go to church with them.
(d) Go to town with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are children more dangerous to David than adults?
2. Why doesn't David eat much at dinner?
3. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
4. What does David lose into the sea?
5. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)