|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Go to church with them.
(b) Stay with them for a while.
(c) Go to school with them.
(d) Go to town with them.
2. What does the family insist David do?
(a) Go home with them.
(b) Tell them where he is from.
(c) Go with the police.
(d) Work for them.
3. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) An apple.
(b) A god.
(c) A career.
(d) A father.
4. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Look after him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Give him away.
(d) Punish him.
5. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
(a) They can never be happy.
(b) They are lost.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are cruel.
6. How does David get money for food?
(a) He gambles.
(b) He steals.
(c) He does errands for travelers.
(d) He gets a job.
7. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be captured again.
(b) He believes he will be saved.
(c) He believes he can make it.
(d) He believes he will be killed.
8. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
9. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) A tire.
(b) His flask.
(c) His wallet.
10. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A church.
(b) A police station.
(c) A store.
(d) A house.
11. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
(a) He taught him never to thank anyone for anything.
(b) He taught him always to say thank you.
(c) He taught him to thank only those he disliked.
(d) He taught him to thank only those he liked.
12. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
13. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children's' mother.
(b) The children.
(c) The children's' father.
14. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(a) Play golf.
15. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
(a) A cave.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
2. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
3. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
4. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
5. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)