|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Stares at the sky.
(b) Washes himself thoroughly.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Sings a song.
2. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Hurting himself.
(b) Being rude.
(c) Spilling something.
(d) Throwing up.
3. What does David buy with his money?
(a) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(b) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(c) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(d) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
4. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
5. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
(a) Sit inside the car.
(b) Pray for him.
(c) Talk quietly.
(d) Watch his bundle.
6. What does David lose into the sea?
(a) His compass.
(b) His water.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His shirt.
7. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Soup and bread.
(b) Money and a map.
(c) Clothes and money.
8. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(a) A hunk of bread.
(b) A banana.
(c) An orange.
9. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
(a) He decides to travel at night.
(b) He decides to travel during the day.
(c) He decides to stop traveling.
(d) He decides to change direction.
10. What do houses mean for David?
11. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will want more.
(b) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(c) She thinks he will be offended.
(d) She thinks he will steal it.
12. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A house.
(b) A church.
(c) A store.
(d) A police station.
13. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he doesn't want to die.
(c) That he wants to be caught.
(d) That he wants to be a sailor.
14. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They all seem happy.
(b) They are all sad.
(c) They are all afraid.
(d) They are all poor.
15. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A wheel.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
2. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
3. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
4. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
5. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)