|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
2. What do houses mean for David?
3. What does David decide makes a person smile?
4. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be captured again.
(b) He believes he will be saved.
(c) He believes he will be killed.
(d) He believes he can make it.
5. Why does David leave the town?
(a) He become afraid of the people in town.
(b) The locals begin to wonder about him.
(c) He is found by guards.
(d) He realizes he has stayed too long.
6. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
7. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Punish him.
(d) Look after him.
8. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the position of the moon.
(b) By moss on trees.
(c) By the position of the sun.
(d) By the signs.
9. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He swims.
(b) He attempts to clean himself.
(c) He cleans his feet.
(d) He goes fishing.
10. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) A delivery truck.
(b) A tourist's car.
(c) A hearse.
(d) An army truck.
11. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A compass.
(b) A book.
(c) A map.
(d) A mural.
12. What does David find to eat in the truck?
13. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For stalling his car.
(b) For believing David to be a thief.
(c) For giving David money.
(d) For lying to David.
14. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Stares at the sky.
(b) Washes himself thoroughly.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Sings a song.
15. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His fear.
(b) His anger.
(c) His conscience.
(d) His guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to surprise David?
2. What does David believe the escape to be?
3. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
4. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
5. What is David wrapped in?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)