|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A church.
(b) A store.
(c) A house.
(d) A police station.
2. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A forest.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A flower.
3. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will want more.
(b) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(c) She thinks he will be offended.
(d) She thinks he will steal it.
4. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
(a) He goes through the wall of the shed that isn't burning.
(b) He rubs himself with oil.
(c) He gets his clothing wet first.
(d) He goes into the building naked.
5. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He screams.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He cries.
(d) He does nothing.
6. Why does David think Angelo is stupid?
(a) He is unintelligent.
(b) He is without a wife.
(c) He is marrying for money.
(d) He cannot think for himself.
7. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) The water is unclean.
(b) He fears it is forbidden.
(c) He is afraid of water.
(d) He is shy.
8. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Writes a poem.
(b) Washes himself thoroughly.
(c) Sings a song.
(d) Stares at the sky.
9. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For giving David money.
(b) For stalling his car.
(c) For lying to David.
(d) For believing David to be a thief.
10. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His flask.
(b) A tire.
(c) His wallet.
11. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A gun.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A snake.
12. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
13. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
(a) His family tree.
(b) His own reflection.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. Who serves the family dinner?
(b) The children's' mother.
(c) The children.
(d) The children's' father.
15. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Talk quietly.
(c) Watch his bundle.
(d) Sit inside the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do houses mean for David?
2. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
3. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
4. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
5. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)