|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A book.
(b) A mural.
(c) A map.
(d) A compass.
2. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
(a) The car is out of gas.
(b) The car is out of coolant.
(c) The car is out of power steering fluid.
(d) The car has a flat tire.
3. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Stares at the sky.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Washes himself thoroughly.
4. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(b) The guards.
5. What does David do to his hair?
(a) Cuts it.
(b) Washes it.
(c) Shaves it.
(d) Dyes it.
6. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all sad.
(b) They are all afraid.
(c) They are all poor.
(d) They all seem happy.
7. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will be offended.
(b) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(c) She thinks he will steal it.
(d) She thinks he will want more.
8. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His anger.
(b) His fear.
(c) His conscience.
(d) His guilt.
9. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A flower.
(b) A forest.
(c) A boat.
(d) A car.
10. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A wheel.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A walking stick.
11. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A raft.
(b) A life belt.
(c) A rope.
(d) A bobber.
12. How does David get money for food?
(a) He steals.
(b) He gambles.
(c) He gets a job.
(d) He does errands for travelers.
13. Where does David go when he arrives at the dock?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a bus.
(c) On a rowboat.
(d) Into the belly of a ship.
14. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A church.
(b) A store.
(c) A house.
(d) A police station.
15. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He cleans his feet.
(b) He goes fishing.
(c) He attempts to clean himself.
(d) He swims.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
2. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
3. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
4. What does David believe about countries with kings?
5. What do houses mean for David?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)