|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he wants to be caught.
(b) That he wants to be a sailor.
(c) That he wants to die.
(d) That he doesn't want to die.
2. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
3. When does David travel?
(a) At night.
(b) In the early evening.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
4. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) An army truck.
(b) A tourist's car.
(c) A hearse.
(d) A delivery truck.
5. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
6. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
7. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(b) Soup and bread.
(c) Money and a map.
(d) Clothes and money.
8. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it as a blanket.
(b) So he can practice reading.
(c) So he can use it for fire.
(d) So he can wrap his own food.
9. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children's' mother.
(b) The children's' father.
(d) The children.
10. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
(a) With his damp shirt.
(b) With his dry shirt.
(c) He stomps on it.
(d) With his hands.
11. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A kitten.
12. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A bobber.
(b) A rope.
(c) A life belt.
(d) A raft.
13. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
(a) His family tree.
(b) His mother.
(c) His own reflection.
(d) His father.
14. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His flask.
(c) A tire.
(d) His wallet.
15. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Draws pictures.
(c) Thinks of his mother.
(d) Eats an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
2. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
3. What does the man do to surprise David?
4. What does David find to eat in the truck?
5. What does David lose into the sea?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)