|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) A tire.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His flask.
2. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(b) A high pitched siren.
(c) The tide.
3. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
4. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Go to school with them.
(b) Go to town with them.
(c) Go to church with them.
(d) Stay with them for a while.
5. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) Many languages.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) The ability to disguise himself well.
(d) The ability to cook.
6. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
(a) He taught him always to say thank you.
(b) He taught him never to thank anyone for anything.
(c) He taught him to thank only those he disliked.
(d) He taught him to thank only those he liked.
7. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A raft.
(b) A life belt.
(c) A rope.
(d) A bobber.
8. What does David lose into the sea?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His water.
(d) His compass.
9. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
(a) He doesn't know how to hit.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He doesn't want to be violent like him.
10. What does David believe about countries with kings?
(a) They are free.
(b) They are neutral.
(c) They are occupied.
(d) They are dangerous.
11. What does David do to his hair?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Cuts it.
(c) Shaves it.
(d) Dyes it.
12. What does the family insist David do?
(a) Go home with them.
(b) Tell them where he is from.
(c) Work for them.
(d) Go with the police.
13. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A forest.
(b) A car.
(c) A flower.
(d) A boat.
14. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He is afraid of water.
(b) The water is unclean.
(c) He fears it is forbidden.
(d) He is shy.
15. What does David find to eat in the truck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
2. What does the man do to surprise David?
3. Why does David leave the town?
4. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
5. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)