|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A gun.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bullet.
2. Why doesn't David eat much at dinner?
(a) He doesn't want to be rude.
(b) He doesn't like the food.
(c) He doesn't want to be greedy.
(d) He is afraid the rich food will make him ill.
3. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To find a friend.
(b) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(c) To find a church.
(d) To learn about the world.
4. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(b) Play golf.
5. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He cleans his feet.
(b) He attempts to clean himself.
(c) He swims.
(d) He goes fishing.
6. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Using a toilette.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Sleeping in a bed.
7. What does David lose into the sea?
(a) His water.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His compass.
(d) His shirt.
8. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
(a) A plane.
(b) An owl.
(c) A dog.
(d) A car.
9. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will steal it.
(b) She thinks he will want more.
(c) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(d) She thinks he will be offended.
10. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
11. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(a) A banana.
(c) An orange.
(d) A hunk of bread.
12. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A compass.
(b) A piece of bread.
(d) A piece of soap.
13. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
(a) He decides to travel at night.
(b) He decides to travel during the day.
(c) He decides to change direction.
(d) He decides to stop traveling.
14. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He didn't want him to want what he couldn't have.
(c) He didn't want David to know about the real world.
(d) He didn't want the guards to hear.
15. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
2. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
3. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
4. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
5. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)