|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
2. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Look after him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Give him away.
(d) Punish him.
3. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
(a) His mother.
(b) His family tree.
(c) His own reflection.
(d) His father.
4. What does David's decision to cross the road show?
(a) He has become his own master.
(b) He is still following his body.
(c) He is mindless.
(d) He is careless.
5. What does David ask God to help him with, in terms of transportation?
(a) He asks God to give him a horse.
(b) He asks God to help him find a bike.
(c) He asks God to give him a car.
(d) He asks God to give him courage to hitchhike.
6. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can wrap his own food.
(b) So he can use it for fire.
(c) So he can use it as a blanket.
(d) So he can practice reading.
7. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Spilling something.
(b) Being rude.
(c) Hurting himself.
(d) Throwing up.
8. What does David buy with his money?
(a) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
(b) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(c) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(d) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
9. What is David wrapped in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A traveling rug.
(c) A towel.
(d) A robe.
10. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A mural.
(b) A map.
(c) A book.
(d) A compass.
11. How long is David in the water?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
12. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he can make it.
(b) He believes he will be captured again.
(c) He believes he will be saved.
(d) He believes he will be killed.
13. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
(a) He doesn't have time.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He wants to save her to repay God.
14. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all sad.
(b) They all seem happy.
(c) They are all afraid.
(d) They are all poor.
15. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Go to school with them.
(b) Go to town with them.
(c) Go to church with them.
(d) Stay with them for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
2. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
3. What are the eating utensils made from at dinner?
4. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
5. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)