|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(a) The tide.
(b) A high pitched siren.
2. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A baby.
(d) A kitten.
3. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will be offended.
(b) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(c) She thinks he will steal it.
(d) She thinks he will want more.
4. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Sleeping in a bed.
(d) Using a toilette.
5. What does David decide makes a person smile?
6. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His ears.
(c) His nose.
(d) His mouth.
7. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He cries.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He screams.
(d) He does nothing.
8. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
(a) He decides to travel during the day.
(b) He decides to change direction.
(c) He decides to stop traveling.
(d) He decides to travel at night.
9. Why does David require help getting dressed?
(a) He has never dressed in fine clothing before.
(b) His clothing is damaged, and hard to manage.
(c) He is sick from the smoke.
(d) He is burned badly.
10. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
(a) He has never had porridge before.
(b) He has never used a knife before.
(c) He has never used a fork before.
(d) He has never eaten a meal outside the camp.
11. What does David find to eat in the truck?
12. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He is afraid of water.
(b) He is shy.
(c) The water is unclean.
(d) He fears it is forbidden.
13. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(b) His wallet.
(c) A tire.
(d) His flask.
14. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
(a) With his damp shirt.
(b) With his dry shirt.
(c) With his hands.
(d) He stomps on it.
15. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David wrapped in?
2. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
3. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
4. When does David travel?
5. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)