|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
(a) Watch his bundle.
(b) Sit inside the car.
(c) Talk quietly.
(d) Pray for him.
2. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
(a) He doesn't want God to be overwhelmed.
(b) He doesn't want God to dislike him.
(c) He doesn't want God to ask him for things.
(d) He doesn't want God to think he is greedy.
3. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
(a) He escaped.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He was transferred.
(d) He died.
4. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the signs.
(b) By the position of the moon.
(c) By the position of the sun.
(d) By moss on trees.
5. What do houses mean for David?
6. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) A hearse.
(b) A delivery truck.
(c) An army truck.
(d) A tourist's car.
7. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A compass.
(b) A piece of bread.
(d) A piece of soap.
8. What does David ask God to help him with, in terms of transportation?
(a) He asks God to help him find a bike.
(b) He asks God to give him courage to hitchhike.
(c) He asks God to give him a car.
(d) He asks God to give him a horse.
9. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
10. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A store.
(b) A police station.
(c) A house.
(d) A church.
11. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His flask.
(b) A tire.
(c) His wallet.
12. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all poor.
(b) They all seem happy.
(c) They are all sad.
(d) They are all afraid.
13. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He doesn't have time.
(c) He wants to save her to repay God.
(d) He is ashamed.
14. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
(a) The car has a flat tire.
(b) The car is out of power steering fluid.
(c) The car is out of gas.
(d) The car is out of coolant.
15. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(c) Play golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
2. Why does David think Angelo is stupid?
3. Who serves the family dinner?
4. How long is David in the water?
5. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)