|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He doesn't know how to hit.
(c) He doesn't want to be violent like him.
(d) He is ashamed.
2. What does David decide makes a person smile?
3. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
4. Why does David require help getting dressed?
(a) He is burned badly.
(b) His clothing is damaged, and hard to manage.
(c) He is sick from the smoke.
(d) He has never dressed in fine clothing before.
5. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will steal it.
(b) She thinks he will be offended.
(c) She thinks he will want more.
(d) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
6. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Throwing up.
(b) Hurting himself.
(c) Spilling something.
(d) Being rude.
7. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For believing David to be a thief.
(b) For stalling his car.
(c) For giving David money.
(d) For lying to David.
8. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A life belt.
(b) A bobber.
(c) A raft.
(d) A rope.
9. What does David ask God to help him with, in terms of transportation?
(a) He asks God to give him courage to hitchhike.
(b) He asks God to give him a horse.
(c) He asks God to give him a car.
(d) He asks God to help him find a bike.
10. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A car.
(b) A flower.
(c) A forest.
(d) A boat.
11. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
(a) Kissing a girl.
(b) Using a toilette.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Sleeping in a bed.
12. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(a) The tide.
(c) A high pitched siren.
13. What do houses mean for David?
14. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
(a) With his dry shirt.
(b) He stomps on it.
(c) With his hands.
(d) With his damp shirt.
15. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A book.
(b) A mural.
(c) A compass.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
2. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
3. What does David find to eat in the truck?
4. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
5. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)