|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
2. Why does David require help getting dressed?
(a) He has never dressed in fine clothing before.
(b) He is burned badly.
(c) His clothing is damaged, and hard to manage.
(d) He is sick from the smoke.
3. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Throwing up.
(b) Being rude.
(c) Spilling something.
(d) Hurting himself.
4. What is David wrapped in?
(a) A traveling rug.
(b) A towel.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A robe.
5. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to read.
(b) Many languages.
(c) The ability to cook.
(d) The ability to disguise himself well.
6. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bomb.
7. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
(a) A new person.
(c) Just himself.
(d) A regular boy.
8. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
9. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
(a) A tent.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A cave.
(d) A ravine.
10. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
(a) The fire department.
(c) The boy who beat him earlier.
(d) The police.
11. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He fears it is forbidden.
(b) He is afraid of water.
(c) He is shy.
(d) The water is unclean.
12. Why doesn't David eat much at dinner?
(a) He is afraid the rich food will make him ill.
(b) He doesn't want to be rude.
(c) He doesn't want to be greedy.
(d) He doesn't like the food.
13. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Look after him.
(b) Give him away.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Punish him.
14. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
(a) Draws pictures.
(b) Eats an apple.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Thinks of his mother.
15. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Clothes and money.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Money and a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
2. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
3. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
4. What are the eating utensils made from at dinner?
5. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)