|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can practice reading.
(b) So he can use it as a blanket.
(c) So he can use it for fire.
(d) So he can wrap his own food.
2. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
(b) The fire department.
(c) The boy who beat him earlier.
(d) The police.
3. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to read.
(b) The ability to disguise himself well.
(c) Many languages.
(d) The ability to cook.
4. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) A career.
(b) A father.
(c) A god.
(d) An apple.
5. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(b) The tide.
(c) A high pitched siren.
6. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A prank.
(b) A genuine attempt to help.
(c) A joke.
(d) A trap.
7. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
(b) A watch.
(c) A wallet.
8. What does the drink David finds help him do?
(c) Throw up.
9. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A compass and water.
(b) A map and a compass.
(c) A jeep.
(d) Water and a map.
10. What does the green grass in Chapter Two indicate to David?
(a) That summer has arrived.
(b) That it has rained recently.
(c) That the land he is on is owned by a farmer.
(d) That there must be water nearby.
11. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
(a) He doesn't have time.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He wants to save her to repay God.
12. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
(a) He didn't want David to know about the real world.
(b) He didn't want him to want what he couldn't have.
(c) He was jealous.
(d) He didn't want the guards to hear.
13. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
(a) A half minute.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) A minute.
14. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Stay with them for a while.
(b) Go to school with them.
(c) Go to town with them.
(d) Go to church with them.
15. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Money and a map.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Clothes and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
2. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
3. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
4. How long is David in the water?
5. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)