|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
2. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A compass.
(b) A map.
(c) A book.
(d) A mural.
3. What does David ask God to help him with, in terms of transportation?
(a) He asks God to help him find a bike.
(b) He asks God to give him a car.
(c) He asks God to give him courage to hitchhike.
(d) He asks God to give him a horse.
4. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
(a) Stares at the sky.
(b) Sings a song.
(c) Washes himself thoroughly.
(d) Writes a poem.
5. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) A career.
(b) A god.
(c) A father.
(d) An apple.
6. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
(a) A minute.
(b) A half minute.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
7. Who serves the family dinner?
(b) The children's' father.
(c) The children's' mother.
(d) The children.
8. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His fear.
(b) His guilt.
(c) His conscience.
(d) His anger.
9. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he doesn't want to die.
(b) That he wants to die.
(c) That he wants to be caught.
(d) That he wants to be a sailor.
10. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
(a) A regular boy.
(b) A new person.
(d) Just himself.
11. What does David buy with his money?
(a) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(b) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(c) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(d) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
12. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) A delivery truck.
(b) A hearse.
(c) An army truck.
(d) A tourist's car.
13. What do houses mean for David?
14. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A wheel.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A walking stick.
15. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to disguise himself well.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) The ability to cook.
(d) Many languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David nervous of doing?
2. What does the green grass in Chapter Two indicate to David?
3. What does David believe the escape to be?
4. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
5. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)