|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A snake.
(d) A horse.
2. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
(a) His family tree.
(b) His mother.
(c) His own reflection.
(d) His father.
3. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A lamb.
4. When does David travel?
(a) In the morning.
(b) During the afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) In the early evening.
5. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
6. What does David use to cross the ravine?
(a) A metal bridge.
(b) He jumps over.
(c) A wooden plank.
(d) A strong branch.
7. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
(a) David doesn't need money.
(b) David doesn't like money.
(c) David feels responsible for the problems.
(d) David doesn't like the man.
8. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Soup and bread.
(c) Clothes and money.
(d) Money and a map.
9. What does David lose into the sea?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His compass.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His water.
10. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He doesn't know how to hit.
(d) He doesn't want to be violent like him.
11. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to cook.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) The ability to disguise himself well.
(d) Many languages.
12. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To find a friend.
(b) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(c) To find a church.
(d) To learn about the world.
13. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Look after him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Punish him.
14. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(b) The guards.
15. What does the man do to surprise David?
(a) Hides money in his bundle.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Gives him soup and water.
(d) Gives him a ride to Denmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David leave the town?
2. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
3. What does the family invite David to do?
4. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
5. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)