|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Go to church with them.
(b) Go to town with them.
(c) Go to school with them.
(d) Stay with them for a while.
2. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car.
(c) An owl.
(d) A plane.
3. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the position of the moon.
(b) By the position of the sun.
(c) By moss on trees.
(d) By the signs.
4. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
(a) Pray for him.
(b) Sit inside the car.
(c) Talk quietly.
(d) Watch his bundle.
5. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) A hearse.
(b) An army truck.
(c) A tourist's car.
(d) A delivery truck.
6. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it as a blanket.
(b) So he can wrap his own food.
(c) So he can practice reading.
(d) So he can use it for fire.
7. What does David use to cross the ravine?
(a) He jumps over.
(b) A strong branch.
(c) A metal bridge.
(d) A wooden plank.
8. What does David find to eat in the truck?
9. What does the family insist David do?
(a) Go home with them.
(b) Tell them where he is from.
(c) Work for them.
(d) Go with the police.
10. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
(a) He doesn't want to be violent like him.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He doesn't know how to hit.
11. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Look after him.
(c) Punish him.
(d) Give him away.
12. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
(a) The car is out of coolant.
(b) The car is out of power steering fluid.
(c) The car is out of gas.
(d) The car has a flat tire.
13. How does David get money for food?
(a) He gambles.
(b) He gets a job.
(c) He does errands for travelers.
(d) He steals.
14. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(b) The guards.
15. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
(a) He has never had porridge before.
(b) He has never used a knife before.
(c) He has never used a fork before.
(d) He has never eaten a meal outside the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't David ask God for help in saving the young girl?
2. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
3. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
4. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
5. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)