|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all sad.
(b) They all seem happy.
(c) They are all afraid.
(d) They are all poor.
2. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(a) The guards.
3. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He swims.
(b) He goes fishing.
(c) He cleans his feet.
(d) He attempts to clean himself.
4. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) A god.
(b) An apple.
(c) A father.
(d) A career.
5. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he wants to be caught.
(b) That he wants to die.
(c) That he doesn't want to die.
(d) That he wants to be a sailor.
6. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
(a) A compass.
(b) A book.
(c) A mural.
(d) A map.
7. What does David find to eat in the truck?
8. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Go to town with them.
(b) Go to church with them.
(c) Stay with them for a while.
(d) Go to school with them.
9. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(a) A high pitched siren.
(c) The tide.
10. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A rope.
(b) A life belt.
(c) A bobber.
(d) A raft.
11. What does David do to his hair?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Shaves it.
(c) Cuts it.
(d) Dyes it.
12. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
(a) He goes through the wall of the shed that isn't burning.
(b) He rubs himself with oil.
(c) He gets his clothing wet first.
(d) He goes into the building naked.
13. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A piece of soap.
(d) A compass.
14. What does David's decision to cross the road show?
(a) He has become his own master.
(b) He is still following his body.
(c) He is careless.
(d) He is mindless.
15. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) Water and a map.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A map and a compass.
(d) A compass and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
2. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
3. Why does David require help getting dressed?
4. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
5. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)