|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David believe about countries with kings?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are neutral.
(c) They are free.
(d) They are occupied.
2. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A kitten.
3. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A compass and water.
(b) A jeep.
(c) Water and a map.
(d) A map and a compass.
4. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
5. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
6. What does the man do to surprise David?
(a) Gives him soup and water.
(b) Gives him a ride to Denmark.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Hides money in his bundle.
7. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants to be a sailor.
(c) That he wants to be caught.
(d) That he doesn't want to die.
8. What does David ask God to help him with, in terms of transportation?
(a) He asks God to give him a car.
(b) He asks God to help him find a bike.
(c) He asks God to give him courage to hitchhike.
(d) He asks God to give him a horse.
9. What are the eating utensils made from at dinner?
10. What does David decide makes a person smile?
11. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) The water is unclean.
(b) He is afraid of water.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He fears it is forbidden.
12. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children's' father.
(b) The children.
(d) The children's' mother.
13. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
(a) He has never used a knife before.
(b) He has never used a fork before.
(c) He has never eaten a meal outside the camp.
(d) He has never had porridge before.
14. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can wrap his own food.
(b) So he can practice reading.
(c) So he can use it as a blanket.
(d) So he can use it for fire.
15. What does David find himself doing after he rescues the young girl?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He coughs.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David lose into the sea?
2. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
3. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
4. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
5. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)