|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) Water and a map.
(b) A map and a compass.
(c) A compass and water.
(d) A jeep.
2. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
(b) The fire department.
(c) The police.
(d) The boy who beat him earlier.
3. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
(a) A regular boy.
(c) Just himself.
(d) A new person.
4. Who serves the family dinner?
(b) The children's' mother.
(c) The children's' father.
(d) The children.
5. What does David's decision to cross the road show?
(a) He is mindless.
(b) He is careless.
(c) He is still following his body.
(d) He has become his own master.
6. How does David get money for food?
(a) He steals.
(b) He gambles.
(c) He does errands for travelers.
(d) He gets a job.
7. What does David buy with his money?
(a) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(b) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(c) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
(d) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
8. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
(a) His own reflection.
(b) His family tree.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. When does David travel?
(a) At night.
(b) In the early evening.
(c) In the morning.
(d) During the afternoon.
10. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
(a) Eats an apple.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Draws pictures.
(d) Thinks of his mother.
11. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(b) Clothes and money.
(c) Money and a map.
(d) Soup and bread.
12. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
13. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Look after him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Punish him.
14. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
15. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A boat.
(b) A forest.
(c) A car.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David believe the escape to be?
2. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
3. What does the drink David finds help him do?
4. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
5. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)