|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) A father.
(b) A god.
(c) A career.
(d) An apple.
2. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) A banana.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A steak.
(d) An orange.
3. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
4. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
5. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A map and a compass.
(b) A compass and water.
(c) A jeep.
(d) Water and a map.
6. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Hurting himself.
(b) Throwing up.
(c) Spilling something.
(d) Being rude.
7. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(b) To find a church.
(c) To learn about the world.
(d) To find a friend.
8. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His anger.
(b) His fear.
(c) His guilt.
(d) His conscience.
9. What does the man do to surprise David?
(a) Gives him soup and water.
(b) Hides money in his bundle.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Gives him a ride to Denmark.
10. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He cleans his feet.
(b) He goes fishing.
(c) He swims.
(d) He attempts to clean himself.
11. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
12. What does David do to his hair?
(a) Washes it.
(b) Shaves it.
(c) Cuts it.
(d) Dyes it.
13. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A trap.
(b) A joke.
(c) A genuine attempt to help.
(d) A prank.
14. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be killed.
(b) He believes he will be captured again.
(c) He believes he can make it.
(d) He believes he will be saved.
15. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(a) The tide.
(b) A high pitched siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
2. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
3. What does the family insist David do?
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
5. Why are children more dangerous to David than adults?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)