|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) A father.
(b) An apple.
(c) A god.
(d) A career.
2. How does David get money for food?
(a) He gambles.
(b) He gets a job.
(c) He does errands for travelers.
(d) He steals.
3. What does the family invite David to do?
(a) Stay with them for a while.
(b) Go to church with them.
(c) Go to town with them.
(d) Go to school with them.
4. What does David ask God to let his rescue of the girl count for?
(a) The next three requests for help.
(b) The next request for help.
(c) The next five requests for help.
(d) Any request for help he asks for in the future.
5. Why does David require help getting dressed?
(a) His clothing is damaged, and hard to manage.
(b) He is burned badly.
(c) He is sick from the smoke.
(d) He has never dressed in fine clothing before.
6. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(c) A high pitched siren.
(d) The tide.
7. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Throwing up.
(b) Hurting himself.
(c) Being rude.
(d) Spilling something.
8. What does David lose into the sea?
(a) His compass.
(b) His water.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His shoes.
9. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children.
(b) The children's' mother.
(d) The children's' father.
10. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
(a) For stalling his car.
(b) For lying to David.
(c) For giving David money.
(d) For believing David to be a thief.
11. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His flask.
(c) A tire.
12. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Money and a map.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Clothes and money.
13. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He cries.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He screams.
(d) He does nothing.
14. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
(a) A church.
(b) A store.
(c) A house.
(d) A police station.
15. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
(a) He doesn't want God to ask him for things.
(b) He doesn't want God to think he is greedy.
(c) He doesn't want God to be overwhelmed.
(d) He doesn't want God to dislike him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't David eat much at dinner?
2. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
3. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
4. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
5. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)