|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
(a) He goes through the wall of the shed that isn't burning.
(b) He goes into the building naked.
(c) He rubs himself with oil.
(d) He gets his clothing wet first.
2. What does the family insist David do?
(a) Tell them where he is from.
(b) Go with the police.
(c) Work for them.
(d) Go home with them.
3. Where does David go when he arrives at the dock?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On a train.
(c) Into the belly of a ship.
(d) On a rowboat.
4. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
(a) He has never used a fork before.
(b) He has never had porridge before.
(c) He has never used a knife before.
(d) He has never eaten a meal outside the camp.
5. How long is David in the water?
(a) Several months.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several hours.
6. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Being rude.
(b) Throwing up.
(c) Hurting himself.
(d) Spilling something.
7. Why are children more dangerous to David than adults?
(a) They can tell he is different immediately.
(b) They are more suspicious.
(c) They are more likely to tell on him.
(d) They are more violent.
8. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A car.
(b) A flower.
(c) A boat.
(d) A forest.
9. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the position of the moon.
(b) By the signs.
(c) By the position of the sun.
(d) By moss on trees.
10. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children's' mother.
(b) The children.
(c) The children's' father.
11. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) Many languages.
(b) The ability to cook.
(c) The ability to disguise himself well.
(d) The ability to read.
12. What does David find to eat in the truck?
13. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(a) A high pitched siren.
(b) The tide.
14. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
15. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can practice reading.
(b) So he can wrap his own food.
(c) So he can use it as a blanket.
(d) So he can use it for fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
2. Why doesn't David eat much at dinner?
3. What does David experience following the doctor's visit?
4. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
5. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)