Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Explain what the man tells David to do to escape.
2. Explain why David is reluctant to escape, and why he does it, despite his reservations.
3. Why does David decide, as he runs during his escape, to stop running and instead to walk?
4. Explain why David plunges through the thicket instead of going around it.
5. Why does David force himself not to think?
6. Describe how David is able to keep going long after he has stopped caring.
This section contains 782 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)