|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was his mother's brother.
(b) Because he was David's brother.
(c) Because he was taking care of David.
(d) Because he was David's father.
2. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A hunk of bread.
3. When does David travel?
(a) At night.
(b) In the early evening.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
4. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
(a) He will be shot.
(b) He will be released.
(c) He will be captured.
(d) He will be tired.
5. What does David see in a newspaper?
(a) A letter to him from the man.
(b) A letter to him from Carlo.
(c) A letter to him from Maria.
(d) A letter to him from the parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David realize Edith may not be happy about?
2. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
3. Who does David meet inside the church?
4. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
5. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)