|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he doesn't want to die.
(b) That he wants to be caught.
(c) That he wants to be a sailor.
(d) That he wants to die.
2. What is David asked to do inside?
(a) Remain silent.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Make the bed.
3. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he will be captured.
(b) He knows he can never belong.
(c) He knows he will be tortured.
(d) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
4. Why are children more dangerous to David than adults?
(a) They can tell he is different immediately.
(b) They are more likely to tell on him.
(c) They are more suspicious.
(d) They are more violent.
5. When does David travel?
(a) At night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the early evening.
(d) During the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David credit for his escape?
2. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
3. What does David know will happen to him when he runs?
4. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
5. How does David get money for food?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)