|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David take pains to avoid?
(a) The frontier post.
(b) A young mother.
(c) The police.
(d) Local tourists.
2. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She thinks he is cruel.
(d) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
3. What does Maria give to David?
(a) A small cross.
(c) A wallet.
4. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
(a) Clothes and money.
(c) Soup and bread.
(d) Money and a map.
5. What does David do that helps him not burn when he saves the girl?
(a) He goes through the wall of the shed that isn't burning.
(b) He goes into the building naked.
(c) He rubs himself with oil.
(d) He gets his clothing wet first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
2. What happens to King?
3. Why does David require help getting dressed?
4. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
5. What does King do?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)