|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
(b) He knows he will be captured.
(c) He knows he will be tortured.
(d) He knows he can never belong.
2. When does David travel?
(a) In the morning.
(b) During the afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) In the early evening.
3. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A wheel.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A bottle.
4. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
(a) Always to blame "them".
(b) Never to take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault.
(c) That there is always something one can do to help a situation.
(d) Always to blame others.
5. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(b) He is too expensive to feed.
(c) He is of no use to the farmer.
(d) He is no longer working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest tell David about God?
2. What does the mother say the father should not worry about when searching for somewhere to send David?
3. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
4. What does David tell God he no longer has to do?
5. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)