|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do to surprise David?
(a) Gives him a ride to Denmark.
(b) Hides money in his bundle.
(c) Gives him soup and water.
(d) Hits him.
2. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A joke.
(b) A genuine attempt to help.
(c) A prank.
(d) A trap.
3. Why does David leave the town?
(a) He become afraid of the people in town.
(b) He is found by guards.
(c) He realizes he has stayed too long.
(d) The locals begin to wonder about him.
4. What does David buy with his money?
(a) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(b) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(c) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
(d) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
5. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is too sophisticated for a child.
(b) It is childish.
(c) It is highly damaged.
(d) It is incorrect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David get money for food?
2. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
3. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
4. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
5. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)