|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
(a) He didn't want him to want what he couldn't have.
(b) He was jealous.
(c) He didn't want David to know about the real world.
(d) He didn't want the guards to hear.
2. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will want more.
(b) She thinks he will steal it.
(c) She thinks he will be offended.
(d) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
3. Why does the farmer lock the stable door one night?
(a) He is afraid of the dog.
(b) He is afraid the police will find David.
(c) He is afraid David will kill him.
(d) He realizes spring is quickly approaching.
4. What condition to go on living does David believe he forgot when he met Maria?
(a) That he is not happy.
(b) That he does not speak.
(c) That he does not smile.
(d) That he not care for anyone.
5. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A rope.
(b) A bobber.
(c) A raft.
(d) A life belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't David like to play with the others?
2. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
3. Why doesn't David go back?
4. What is David nervous of doing?
5. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)