|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David put out the fire in the girls hair?
(a) With his damp shirt.
(b) He stomps on it.
(c) With his dry shirt.
(d) With his hands.
2. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
(a) He is paid.
(b) He is able to see a map.
(c) He is housed for the winter.
(d) He likes the farmer's family.
3. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A piece of soap.
(c) A compass.
(d) A piece of bread.
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be an orphan.
(b) He claims to be part of the circus.
(c) He claims to be a minister.
(d) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
5. What does Maria ask David to do?
(a) Come back.
(d) Kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
2. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
3. What originally alerts David to the fact that he must leave soon?
4. In what aspect does David feel Carlo's parents were wrong about him?
5. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)