|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(b) She thinks he will steal it.
(c) She thinks he will be offended.
(d) She thinks he will want more.
2. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be killed.
(b) He believes he will be captured again.
(c) He believes he will be saved.
(d) He believes he can make it.
3. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
(a) A ravine.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A tent.
(d) A cave.
4. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all sad.
(b) They are all poor.
(c) They all seem happy.
(d) They are all afraid.
5. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
(a) A car.
(b) A flower.
(c) A forest.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
2. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
3. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
4. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
5. Why does David require help getting dressed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)