|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
(a) The car is out of gas.
(b) The car is out of coolant.
(c) The car has a flat tire.
(d) The car is out of power steering fluid.
2. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children's' father.
(c) The children's' mother.
(d) The children.
3. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all sad.
(b) They are all poor.
(c) They all seem happy.
(d) They are all afraid.
4. How long is David in the water?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Several months.
5. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A compass and water.
(c) A map and a compass.
(d) Water and a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David travel?
2. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
3. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
4. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
5. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)