|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David get money for food?
(a) He gambles.
(b) He gets a job.
(c) He steals.
(d) He does errands for travelers.
2. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He is afraid of water.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He fears it is forbidden.
(d) The water is unclean.
3. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His guilt.
(b) His anger.
(c) His fear.
(d) His conscience.
4. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A map and a compass.
(c) Water and a map.
(d) A compass and water.
5. What does David believe about countries with kings?
(a) They are neutral.
(b) They are dangerous.
(c) They are free.
(d) They are occupied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
2. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
3. What do houses mean for David?
4. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
5. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)