|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David buy with his money?
(a) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(b) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(c) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(d) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
2. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
(a) He doesn't want God to think he is greedy.
(b) He doesn't want God to ask him for things.
(c) He doesn't want God to be overwhelmed.
(d) He doesn't want God to dislike him.
3. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He fears it is forbidden.
(b) The water is unclean.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is afraid of water.
4. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A map and a compass.
(b) Water and a map.
(c) A compass and water.
(d) A jeep.
5. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) His flask.
(b) His wallet.
(d) A tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
2. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
3. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
4. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
5. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)