|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He fears it is forbidden.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is afraid of water.
(d) The water is unclean.
2. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will be offended.
(b) She thinks he will want more.
(c) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
(d) She thinks he will steal it.
3. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(c) Play golf.
4. What does David use to cross the ravine?
(a) A wooden plank.
(b) A strong branch.
(c) He jumps over.
(d) A metal bridge.
5. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
2. What does the green grass in Chapter Two indicate to David?
3. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
4. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
5. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)