|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
(a) A new person.
(c) A regular boy.
(d) Just himself.
2. What does David admit to the woman that he does not know how to do?
(d) Play golf.
3. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(b) He claims to be part of the circus.
(c) He claims to be an orphan.
(d) He claims to be a minister.
4. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) A steak.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A banana.
(d) An orange.
5. What does the green grass in Chapter Two indicate to David?
(a) That it has rained recently.
(b) That the land he is on is owned by a farmer.
(c) That there must be water nearby.
(d) That summer has arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to surprise David?
2. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
3. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
4. Why does David leave the town?
5. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)