|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Look after him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Punish him.
2. What does David help the man find, that he has lost at the side of the road?
(a) A tire.
(b) His flask.
(c) His wallet.
3. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
(a) He died.
(b) He was transferred.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He disappeared.
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be an orphan.
(b) He claims to be a minister.
(c) He claims to be part of the circus.
(d) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
5. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To find a friend.
(b) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(c) To learn about the world.
(d) To find a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
2. What does David find that he is able to eat?
3. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
4. How does David get money for food?
5. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)