|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is David in the water?
(a) Several months.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several hours.
2. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A wheel.
3. When does David travel?
(a) In the early evening.
(b) At night.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
4. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A compass and water.
(b) Water and a map.
(c) A map and a compass.
(d) A jeep.
5. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) His mother.
(b) A man and his father.
(c) A kitten.
(d) The beauty of the landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David use to cross the ravine?
2. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
3. What does David do once he is in the stream?
4. What does David buy with his money?
5. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)