|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it for fire.
(b) So he can use it as a blanket.
(c) So he can wrap his own food.
(d) So he can practice reading.
2. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) His mother.
(b) A man and his father.
(c) The beauty of the landscape.
(d) A kitten.
3. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be an orphan.
(b) He claims to be part of the circus.
(c) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(d) He claims to be a minister.
4. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A genuine attempt to help.
(b) A joke.
(c) A prank.
(d) A trap.
5. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
(a) An owl.
(b) A dog.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
2. When does David travel?
3. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
4. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
5. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)