|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(a) The guards.
2. How long does David have to climb over the fence?
(a) A minute.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) A half minute.
(d) Five minutes.
3. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They all seem happy.
(b) They are all sad.
(c) They are all afraid.
(d) They are all poor.
4. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be captured again.
(b) He believes he can make it.
(c) He believes he will be killed.
(d) He believes he will be saved.
5. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
(a) An owl.
(b) A plane.
(c) A car.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
2. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
3. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
4. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
5. Why does David decide he must go into town?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)