|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They all seem happy.
(b) They are all afraid.
(c) They are all sad.
(d) They are all poor.
2. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A compass.
(b) A piece of bread.
(d) A piece of soap.
3. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it as a blanket.
(b) So he can practice reading.
(c) So he can wrap his own food.
(d) So he can use it for fire.
4. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he doesn't want to die.
(c) That he wants to be a sailor.
(d) That he wants to be caught.
5. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He cleans his feet.
(b) He swims.
(c) He attempts to clean himself.
(d) He goes fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the drink David finds help him do?
2. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
3. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
4. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
5. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)