|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David leave the town?
(a) He become afraid of the people in town.
(b) He is found by guards.
(c) He realizes he has stayed too long.
(d) The locals begin to wonder about him.
2. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(a) A hunk of bread.
(c) A banana.
(d) An orange.
3. What does David use to cross the ravine?
(a) A wooden plank.
(b) A metal bridge.
(c) A strong branch.
(d) He jumps over.
4. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A piece of soap.
(c) A compass.
(d) A piece of bread.
5. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
(a) He died.
(b) He escaped.
(c) He was transferred.
(d) He disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
2. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
3. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
4. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
5. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)