|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) An orange.
(b) A steak.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A banana.
2. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be a minister.
(b) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(c) He claims to be part of the circus.
(d) He claims to be an orphan.
3. What does David hear as he walks along the side of the road?
(a) An owl.
(b) A car.
(c) A plane.
(d) A dog.
4. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) Many languages.
(b) The ability to read.
(c) The ability to cook.
(d) The ability to disguise himself well.
5. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
(a) His conscience.
(b) His anger.
(c) His fear.
(d) His guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
2. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
3. What does the green grass in Chapter Two indicate to David?
4. What does David believe the escape to be?
5. Why does David leave the town?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)