|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He cleans his feet.
(b) He attempts to clean himself.
(c) He swims.
(d) He goes fishing.
2. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can wrap his own food.
(b) So he can use it for fire.
(c) So he can use it as a blanket.
(d) So he can practice reading.
3. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) The beauty of the landscape.
(b) A man and his father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A kitten.
4. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(b) To find a church.
(c) To find a friend.
(d) To learn about the world.
5. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) Water and a map.
(b) A map and a compass.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A compass and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
2. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
3. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
4. Who helped David while he was in the camp?
5. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)