|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(a) A banana.
(b) An orange.
(d) A hunk of bread.
2. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(b) He claims to be a minister.
(c) He claims to be part of the circus.
(d) He claims to be an orphan.
3. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A dog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A horse.
4. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) A delivery truck.
(b) A hearse.
(c) An army truck.
(d) A tourist's car.
5. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) A kitten.
(b) His mother.
(c) The beauty of the landscape.
(d) A man and his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
2. What does David use to cross the ravine?
3. Why does David decide he must go into town?
4. What has David never seen that would be helpful to determine where he needed to go?
5. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)