|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say David will find by the tree?
(a) A map and a compass.
(b) Water and a map.
(c) A compass and water.
(d) A jeep.
2. What does David use to cross the ravine?
(a) A strong branch.
(b) A wooden plank.
(c) A metal bridge.
(d) He jumps over.
3. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(b) To find a friend.
(c) To learn about the world.
(d) To find a church.
4. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
(a) A gun.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A bomb.
5. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he wants to die.
(b) That he wants to be a sailor.
(c) That he wants to be caught.
(d) That he doesn't want to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do as he rides in the vehicle?
2. What does David believe the escape to be?
3. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
4. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
5. What does David find that he is able to eat?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)