|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David nervous of doing?
(a) Hurting himself.
(b) Throwing up.
(c) Spilling something.
(d) Being rude.
2. What does David ask the woman about Denmark?
(a) If it snows.
(b) If there is a king.
(c) How far it is.
(d) How pretty it is.
3. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) A banana.
(b) An orange.
(c) A steak.
(d) A loaf of bread.
4. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(b) He is too expensive to feed.
(c) He is no longer working.
(d) He is of no use to the farmer.
5. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it for fire.
(b) So he can use it as a blanket.
(c) So he can wrap his own food.
(d) So he can practice reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
2. What did Johannes tell David about responsibility?
3. What has David told Maria how to do so it doesn't hurt?
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
5. Why is the situation actually advantageous for David?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)