|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David leave the town?
(a) He become afraid of the people in town.
(b) He is found by guards.
(c) He realizes he has stayed too long.
(d) The locals begin to wonder about him.
2. Why does the farmer decide the boy must go?
(a) He is too expensive to feed.
(b) He has "a hold" on the dog.
(c) He is no longer working.
(d) He is of no use to the farmer.
3. What does David fear is in the bundle left by the man?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A gun.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A snake.
4. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) A steak.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A banana.
(d) An orange.
5. What does the woman say about David's spirit?
(a) That it is silent.
(b) That it is strong.
(c) That it is missing.
(d) That it has been broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
2. Why does David feel he should take off his shoes?
3. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
4. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
5. What does David decide makes a person smile?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)