|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
(a) He has never used a fork before.
(b) He has never used a knife before.
(c) He has never had porridge before.
(d) He has never eaten a meal outside the camp.
2. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) His mother.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A man and his father.
(d) The beauty of the landscape.
3. Why doesn't David go back?
(a) He knows he can never belong.
(b) He knows he will be captured.
(c) He knows he will fall in love with Maria.
(d) He knows he will be tortured.
4. What do the parents note about David's speech?
(a) It is highly damaged.
(b) It is incorrect.
(c) It is childish.
(d) It is too sophisticated for a child.
5. What does David decide makes a person smile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David require help getting dressed?
2. What does David nearly fall over?
3. What does David realize the man in camp had been forcing him to drink?
4. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
5. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)