|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the mother want David to leave?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She thinks he is attracted to Maria.
(c) She thinks he is cruel.
(d) She is afraid of him.
2. What does Giovanni respect David for?
(b) Believing in himself.
(c) Constantly being himself.
(d) Standing up for himself.
3. Why did the man allow Johannes to live more freely than other prisoners?
(a) Because he was David's brother.
(b) Because he was his mother's brother.
(c) Because he was David's father.
(d) Because he was taking care of David.
4. What is revealed at the end of the chapter about Edith, the woman in the photograph?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is likely David's mother.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is in a camp in Germany.
5. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
(a) He decides to travel during the day.
(b) He decides to travel at night.
(c) He decides to change direction.
(d) He decides to stop traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
2. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
3. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
4. What does the wife of the household fear, if the farmer beats David?
5. What does the substance in the bottle turn out to be?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)