|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Punish him.
(c) Look after him.
(d) Kill him.
2. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be killed.
(b) He believes he will be captured again.
(c) He believes he will be saved.
(d) He believes he can make it.
3. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
(a) David feels responsible for the problems.
(b) David doesn't need money.
(c) David doesn't like money.
(d) David doesn't like the man.
4. What animal startles David one evening as is lying down?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A snake.
5. What does David's decision to cross the road show?
(a) He is careless.
(b) He is mindless.
(c) He is still following his body.
(d) He has become his own master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do once he is in the stream?
2. Where does David go when he arrives at the dock?
3. What feature does David want to see most about himself?
4. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
5. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)