|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the person who helped David in the camp while he was growing up?
(a) He died.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He escaped.
(d) He was transferred.
2. What does David aim to become by washing himself of the camp?
(b) A regular boy.
(c) Just himself.
(d) A new person.
3. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it as a blanket.
(b) So he can use it for fire.
(c) So he can practice reading.
(d) So he can wrap his own food.
4. What vehicle does David smuggle himself into in this chapter that helps him reach his destination?
(a) A delivery truck.
(b) An army truck.
(c) A hearse.
(d) A tourist's car.
5. What does David decide at the end of Chapter One?
(a) That he doesn't want to die.
(b) That he wants to die.
(c) That he wants to be caught.
(d) That he wants to be a sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
2. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
3. What does the man do to surprise David?
4. Who does Angelo wish to marry?
5. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)