|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do once he is in the stream?
(a) He swims.
(b) He goes fishing.
(c) He cleans his feet.
(d) He attempts to clean himself.
2. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it for fire.
(b) So he can practice reading.
(c) So he can use it as a blanket.
(d) So he can wrap his own food.
3. Where does David go when he arrives at the dock?
(a) On a train.
(b) Into the belly of a ship.
(c) On a rowboat.
(d) On a bus.
4. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
(a) He decides to stop traveling.
(b) He decides to travel at night.
(c) He decides to travel during the day.
(d) He decides to change direction.
5. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By moss on trees.
(b) By the signs.
(c) By the position of the moon.
(d) By the position of the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell the woman in town that she must do with her child?
2. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
3. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
4. What does David find that he is able to eat?
5. How does David get money for food?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)