|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is afraid of water.
(c) He fears it is forbidden.
(d) The water is unclean.
2. What did David pick up in the camp that will help him tremendously?
(a) The ability to disguise himself well.
(b) Many languages.
(c) The ability to cook.
(d) The ability to read.
3. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
(a) A man and his father.
(b) A kitten.
(c) His mother.
(d) The beauty of the landscape.
4. What does David believe about countries with kings?
(a) They are neutral.
(b) They are free.
(c) They are occupied.
(d) They are dangerous.
5. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the signs.
(b) By moss on trees.
(c) By the position of the moon.
(d) By the position of the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
2. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
3. What does the drink David finds help him do?
4. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
5. What do houses mean for David?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)