|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To find a friend.
(b) To learn about the world.
(c) To find a church.
(d) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
2. What does the man on the boat give to David to help him in the water?
(a) A bobber.
(b) A life belt.
(c) A raft.
(d) A rope.
3. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They all seem happy.
(b) They are all poor.
(c) They are all sad.
(d) They are all afraid.
4. What does David's decision to cross the road show?
(a) He is careless.
(b) He is mindless.
(c) He is still following his body.
(d) He has become his own master.
5. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He cries.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
2. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
3. What does David believe the escape to be?
4. What does David struggle not to do as he lies awake?
5. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)