|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
(a) He believes he will be saved.
(b) He believes he will be captured again.
(c) He believes he will be killed.
(d) He believes he can make it.
2. What did Johannes tell David about greedy people?
(a) They are cruel.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are lost.
(d) They can never be happy.
3. How does David determine which direction he is heading?
(a) By the position of the sun.
(b) By moss on trees.
(c) By the signs.
(d) By the position of the moon.
4. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He cries.
(d) He screams.
5. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do once he is in the stream?
2. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
3. What does David vow never to enter, as he believes it to be dangerous?
4. What does David believe about countries with kings?
5. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)