|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A joke.
(b) A trap.
(c) A genuine attempt to help.
(d) A prank.
2. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
(a) David doesn't need money.
(b) David feels responsible for the problems.
(c) David doesn't like money.
(d) David doesn't like the man.
3. What was forbidden by the prisoners to talk about at the camp?
(a) The guards.
4. What does David buy with his money?
(a) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
(b) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(c) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(d) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
5. What does David notice about the people in the first town he visits?
(a) They are all poor.
(b) They are all afraid.
(c) They are all sad.
(d) They all seem happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
2. What does David find to eat in the truck?
3. What does David believe about countries with kings?
4. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
5. What city is David trying to reach, to get on a boat?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)