|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A genuine attempt to help.
(b) A trap.
(c) A joke.
(d) A prank.
2. What does the man in town give to David to eat?
(a) An orange.
(b) A banana.
(c) A steak.
(d) A loaf of bread.
3. What does the man do to surprise David?
(a) Gives him a ride to Denmark.
(b) Gives him soup and water.
(c) Hides money in his bundle.
(d) Hits him.
4. What does David ask the man for, reluctantly?
(a) A piece of soap.
(b) A compass.
(d) A piece of bread.
5. What do the couple give to David for his assistance?
(b) A wallet.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man apologize for in the letter?
2. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
3. Why does David leave the town?
4. What does David see at the end of Chapter One that makes him cry?
5. What has David never seen, in relation to himself?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)