|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David find that he is able to eat?
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A hunk of bread.
2. What story does David concoct to explain his travels?
(a) He claims to be a prisoner of war.
(b) He claims to be a minister.
(c) He claims to be part of the circus.
(d) He claims to be an orphan.
3. What does David see on the third evening that he wants to care for?
(a) A baby.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A lamb.
4. What does David buy with his money?
(a) Scissors, a new compass, soap, and a knife.
(b) A knife, soap, scissors, and bread.
(c) A comb, a knife, a new compass, and bread.
(d) Bread, soap, a comb, scissors, a pencil, and paper.
5. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) An apple.
(b) A father.
(c) A god.
(d) A career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David pick up, slightly damaged, after a woman drops it in the street?
2. What does David struggle with as he debates about going back to the woman in town?
3. What does the man do to surprise David?
4. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
5. Why doesn't David accept the man's money after he helps them?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)