|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are children more dangerous to David than adults?
(a) They are more suspicious.
(b) They are more likely to tell on him.
(c) They are more violent.
(d) They can tell he is different immediately.
2. Why did Johannes not want people in camp to tell David things of the outside world?
(a) He didn't want the guards to hear.
(b) He was jealous.
(c) He didn't want David to know about the real world.
(d) He didn't want him to want what he couldn't have.
3. How does the mother say David hates Carlo?
(a) As a man hates a woman.
(b) As a grown man hates another man.
(c) As a child hates another child.
(d) As a man hates an animal.
4. How does David learn about countries?
(a) The family has a globe.
(b) He attends school.
(c) The parents tell him everything he needs to know.
(d) He finds an encyclopedia.
5. What did Johannes teach David about saying thank you?
(a) He taught him never to thank anyone for anything.
(b) He taught him to thank only those he disliked.
(c) He taught him to thank only those he liked.
(d) He taught him always to say thank you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
2. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
3. What does David do to rid himself of the bad feelings the boy causes?
4. Who serves the family dinner?
5. What does David do when he realizes he has to leave?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)