|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
(a) The car is out of coolant.
(b) The car is out of gas.
(c) The car is out of power steering fluid.
(d) The car has a flat tire.
2. What does David believe the escape to be?
(a) A prank.
(b) A joke.
(c) A trap.
(d) A genuine attempt to help.
3. What does the green grass in Chapter Two indicate to David?
(a) That summer has arrived.
(b) That there must be water nearby.
(c) That it has rained recently.
(d) That the land he is on is owned by a farmer.
4. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To learn about the world.
(b) To find a friend.
(c) To find a church.
(d) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
5. What does David find himself doing after he rescues the young girl?
(a) He coughs.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is David so enthralled by dinner?
2. Why does David find living with people difficult?
3. How long is David in the water?
4. What does David see that will work for shelter for him?
5. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)