|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present when the family arrives to help?
(a) The boy who beat him earlier.
(b) The police.
(d) The fire department.
2. Why does the woman not want her husband to give David money?
(a) She thinks he will steal it.
(b) She thinks he will be offended.
(c) She thinks he will want more.
(d) She thinks he will spend it foolishly.
3. What does David choose in Chapter Three?
(a) An apple.
(b) A god.
(c) A career.
(d) A father.
4. Why does David pick up the newspaper the food is wrapped in?
(a) So he can use it as a blanket.
(b) So he can use it for fire.
(c) So he can wrap his own food.
(d) So he can practice reading.
5. Why does David decide he must go into town?
(a) To learn about the world.
(b) To see if the Germans were looking for him.
(c) To find a friend.
(d) To find a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
2. What is the problem with the car that stalls near David as he lay in the ditch?
3. What does David ask the couple to do while he gets help?
4. What does David take from the herders he stumbles across?
5. With which child does David feel most at ease?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)