|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria give to David?
(a) A small cross.
(c) A wallet.
2. Why does David not wash in the fountains in town?
(a) He is afraid of water.
(b) He is shy.
(c) The water is unclean.
(d) He fears it is forbidden.
3. Who serves the family dinner?
(a) The children's' mother.
(b) The children.
(c) The children's' father.
4. What does David hear that makes him think of how a balloon must feel?
(b) A high pitched siren.
(c) The tide.
5. Why does David refuse to fight the boy who hits him?
(a) He doesn't want to be violent like him.
(b) He doesn't know how to hit.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David decide to do at the beginning of Chapter Three, in terms of travel?
2. What does David see at the beginning of Chapter Four that he had never seen?
3. What does David believe about countries with kings?
4. Why does David decide to attempt to escape?
5. Why does David ration his prayers to God?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)